Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Hagrid, October 10, 2016, 7:26pm
Returning for a 2nd series on the BBC. The first series nearly a decade ago was one of the best things ive ever seen on television
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 11, 2016, 12:35pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from Hagrid
Returning for a 2nd series on the BBC. The first series nearly a decade ago was one of the best things ive ever seen on television

Me too Hagrid, fantastic viewing mate!

Another favourite of mine (away from nature programmes) is "The world at war" have you seen that? - Brilliant!
Posted by: scrumble, October 12, 2016, 8:06am; Reply: 2
World at War should be compullsory viewing. All the revisionist 'historians' that abound these days, claiming Hitler was actually the good guy, and we've been hoodwinked by the Allies lies, would do well to see people who actually saw it all first hand saying what really happened.
Posted by: barralad, October 12, 2016, 12:30pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Me too Hagrid, fantastic viewing mate!

Another favourite of mine (away from nature programmes) is "The world at war" have you seen that? - Brilliant!

My favourite documentary series ever. The last episode alone should be a compulsory part of the school curriculum...
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 12, 2016, 12:34pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from barralad

My favourite documentary series ever. The last episode alone should be a compulsory part of the school curriculum...

Totally agree Ian, both my kids are watching it, We watch an hour a week, my lad Harry goes to a Healing and they do about it in history (he thoroughly enjoys it)  
Posted by: Hagrid, October 13, 2016, 7:52pm; Reply: 5
Havent seen that Chris, studied history at school and did an A level in it at Franklin but never seen that particular series, will certainly give it a watch
Posted by: ginnywings, October 13, 2016, 10:56pm; Reply: 6
Planet Earth and World at War are television at it's best. Worth the license fee alone.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 14, 2016, 9:07am; Reply: 7
Quoted from ginnywings
Planet Earth and World at War are television at it's best. Worth the license fee alone.

Agree Ginny but I would also include "only fools and horses" in that too  ;D
Posted by: Rick12, October 14, 2016, 8:50pm; Reply: 8
Love David Attenboroughs programs on nature
Posted by: Maringer, October 18, 2016, 9:32am; Reply: 9
Quoted from Rick12
Love Attenboroughs programs on nature

Yeah, that one where they were all getting chased around an island by giant lizards was a classic.  8)
Posted by: Hagrid, November 2, 2016, 4:18pm; Reply: 10
starts this sunday
Posted by: Rick12, November 2, 2016, 8:50pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Maringer

Yeah, that one where they were all getting chased around an island by giant lizards was a classic.  8)
:)      them programs though teach us so much about life
Posted by: mariner91, November 6, 2016, 9:19pm; Reply: 12
One word: Wow.
Posted by: LH, November 6, 2016, 9:37pm; Reply: 13
Awesome. To think some morons will have watched the X Factor instead.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, November 6, 2016, 9:52pm; Reply: 14
Next weeks looks brilliant - really enjoyed that tonight.
Posted by: Rick12, November 7, 2016, 7:49am; Reply: 15
Quoted from LH
Awesome. To think some morons will have watched the X Factor instead.
Agree.Saw Planet Earth last night and thought it was quality.Quite moving as well especially when them snakes were trying to get them lizards.

With reference to your comment on the X factor spot on.That show is largely about profit and to a lesser degree vanity(read the only reason they keep churning out that show is because of the profits advertising brings during the shows running).BBC 1s Planet Earth reflects our planet  for what it is though  .A fragile place that us as humans have done so much to destroy in the short interim we have been around
Posted by: Hagrid, November 7, 2016, 4:24pm; Reply: 16
outstanding viewing! i pity anyone that didnt watch that, I hate snakes, but couldnt help but watch them, they were huge!
Posted by: Simariner, November 7, 2016, 4:30pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Hagrid
outstanding viewing! i pity anyone that didnt watch that, I hate snakes, but couldnt help but watch them, they were huge!

I agree. Brilliant program!!

Can't wait for the next one.
Posted by: Manchester Mariner, November 7, 2016, 9:14pm; Reply: 18
The scene with the snakes was officially my worst nightmare and you just knew it wouldn't be long before someone said 'absolute carnage' about that throng of bloodied and broken penguins.

Amazing viewing.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 6:24am