Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, September 30, 2016, 9:42pm
Tomorrow if and when we take three points from you fellow seasiders ,backed by around 500 POOLIES we are better team away from home at this time and present moment ,and if your luck is anything like ours PODGE & TOTO will be your nemisis tomorrow but good luck for the rest of the season . ;D
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, September 30, 2016, 9:51pm; Reply: 1
Shhh!!!
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 30, 2016, 9:56pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from BLUETHRUANDTHRU
Tomorrow if and when we take three points from you fellow seasiders ,backed by around 500 POOLIES we are better team away from home at this time and present moment ,and if your luck is anything like ours PODGE & TOTO will be your nemisis tomorrow but good luck for the rest of the season . ;D

8)

Posted by: Les Brechin, September 30, 2016, 9:59pm; Reply: 3
TOO.
Posted by: Cayman_mariner, September 30, 2016, 9:59pm; Reply: 4
Safe journey home!!  :P

[img]http://comedyclowncar.co.uk/jessicajeap2.png[/img]  

Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, September 30, 2016, 10:00pm; Reply: 5
I wish I could find the time to trawl other teams message boards and spout drivel ... Get a grip of yourself man.
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, September 30, 2016, 10:02pm; Reply: 6
Ah the silent approach then(chat)
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, September 30, 2016, 10:04pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
I wish I could find the time to trawl other teams message boards and spout drivel ... Get a grip of yourself man.

so you don`t do banter then. :K)
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, September 30, 2016, 10:04pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Cayman_mariner
Safe journey home!!  :P

[img]http://comedyclowncar.co.uk/jessicajeap2.png[/img]  

TOTO`S CAR .
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 30, 2016, 10:16pm; Reply: 9
Tw@T alert
Posted by: Mrbusdriver, September 30, 2016, 10:32pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Tw@T alert

8)

Posted by: LH, September 30, 2016, 10:41pm; Reply: 11
500 fans.

*sarcastic whistle*
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, September 30, 2016, 10:47pm; Reply: 12
Looking forward to this one you monkey Hangers seem to have a good sense of humour you might need it when you wade through the dog excrement to get to your end lol
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, September 30, 2016, 10:50pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Tw@T alert

Is that a FISH PUN ?

Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, September 30, 2016, 10:51pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from LH
500 fans.

*sarcastic whistle*

TAKE MY WORD FOR IT.

Posted by: golfer, September 30, 2016, 10:52pm; Reply: 15
Monkeys support increasing daily--that's 3 fans they've got now. Are all their supporters coming in the same car.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, September 30, 2016, 10:52pm; Reply: 16

so you don`t do banter then. :K)

I do do banter, I don't do deluded idiots.
Posted by: Garth, September 30, 2016, 10:55pm; Reply: 17
Oh dear call that banter 8)
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, September 30, 2016, 11:00pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

I do do banter, I don't do deluded idiots.

Why am i deluded ,maybe that is you lot thinking above your means thinking you are a big club ,BUMPER GATE 5000 + ?
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 30, 2016, 11:03pm; Reply: 19

Maybe it has been said before but as a animal lover I feel the Hartlepool nickname ( monkey hangers ) is totally out of order in this day and age.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 30, 2016, 11:08pm; Reply: 20
Please let us know which fish bar you'll be attending so we can pi$$ on your cod beforehand.
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, September 30, 2016, 11:09pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from promotion plaice

Maybe it has been said before but as a animal lover I feel the Hartlepool nickname ( monkey hanger ) is totally out of order in this day and age.

It is in our history ,history is hard to shake like your non league sabatical will be ,as our only been promoted three times it sticks with you.

Posted by: Mrbusdriver, September 30, 2016, 11:09pm; Reply: 22
Maybe it has been said before but as a animal lover I feel the Hartlepool nickname ( monkey hangers ) is totally out of order in this day and age.

They so never hung a real monkey. I've often thought.
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, September 30, 2016, 11:12pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Please let us know which fish bar you'll be attending so we can pi$$ on your cod beforehand.

I like fresh fish not YOUNGS prosessed sh$t

Posted by: Mrbusdriver, September 30, 2016, 11:14pm; Reply: 24
What the difference between a Hartlepool fan and a coconut ?

One is dark and hairy and the other one is a coconut. Or is that sunny fans ? Am I mistaken.
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, September 30, 2016, 11:17pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Mrbusdriver
What the difference between a Hartlepool fan and a coconut ?

One is dark and hairy and the other one is a coconut. Or is that sunny fans ? Am I mistaken.

Bit racist `dark and hairy ` everyone knows us northerners are white and baldy !

Posted by: gaz57, September 30, 2016, 11:19pm; Reply: 26

It is in our history ,history is hard to shake like your non league sabatical will be ,as our only been promoted three times it sticks with you.

So if you're sticking with it will you be using Gorilla glue.  :P
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, September 30, 2016, 11:21pm; Reply: 27
Bit of a sticky subject that ,we are MONKEYHANGERS no one mentioned our hairy cousins.
Posted by: LH, September 30, 2016, 11:23pm; Reply: 28

What the hell are you going on about?
Posted by: Mrbusdriver, September 30, 2016, 11:26pm; Reply: 29

Bit racist `dark and hairy ` everyone knows us northerners are white and baldy !

Sharp end taken.i was not being racist, I ment just ment there dark minded. My bad for not thinking it through.

Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, September 30, 2016, 11:30pm; Reply: 30
only joking  ;D
Posted by: Mrbusdriver, September 30, 2016, 11:31pm; Reply: 31
Bit of a sticky subject that ,we are MONKEYHANGERS no one mentioned our hairy cousins.

Yea sticky subject but his a link for you , just for the bants.

https://youtu.be/Nyx6l9uglkE
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 30, 2016, 11:33pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from LH

What the hell are you going on about?

I don't like the the thought of hanging a monkey.

Posted by: Kris2, September 30, 2016, 11:33pm; Reply: 33

Yes I suppose that is an important piece of history knowing that people in Hartlepool are the only ones stupid enough to put a monkey on trial and hang it.

Guess that's also why you you are stupid enough to  think you have a massive following and why you think you'll come here and get a win,stupidity is in the water for you lot.
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, September 30, 2016, 11:35pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Bigdog
Embarrassing. Have to come on here cos there's no fuka on their forum and think 500 away is something to brag about for one of their closest away games, Tragic!

Your reading the wrong forum ,and would there be anyone on here if i had not started this thread  ;D

try this forum much more banter there again i would i run it  ;D

http://hufc1908.proboards.com

you will be made welcome

Posted by: LH, September 30, 2016, 11:35pm; Reply: 35

I don't like the the thought of hanging a monkey.

You are aware this wasn't a recent event aren't you?
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, September 30, 2016, 11:36pm; Reply: 36

Is this even English? It's just a jumble of words.
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, September 30, 2016, 11:39pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Kris2

Yes I suppose that is an important piece of history knowing that people in Hartlepool are the only ones stupid enough to put a monkey on trial and hang it.

Guess that's also why you you are stupid enough to  think you have a massive following and why you think you'll come here and get a win,stupidity is in the water for you lot.

for a small club like our 2300 to carlilse,1700/1800 to york two seasons in a row 3500 to darlo ,600 to plymouth last season for a club that gets between 3000 to 3500 fans i would call that impressive lets see how many you bring to our place
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 30, 2016, 11:48pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from LH

You are aware this wasn't a recent event aren't you?

So it's alright hanging an animal as long as it was a long time ago even as we know it didn't happen.

Posted by: LH, September 30, 2016, 11:54pm; Reply: 39
Have you ever eaten fish?
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, October 1, 2016, 12:06am; Reply: 40
Well night all nice talking to you all i may be back tomorrow after the game lets hope it is not 8-1 like before,no surely not a little club cannot beat a big club 8-1 surely not 8-1 i hear you say never going to happen not a little club like HARTLEPOOL beating a big club like GRIMSBY 8-1 never never never sweet dreams,(banned) (100)(100)(100)(100)(100)(100)(100)(100)(100)  - (100)
Posted by: Cloudy, October 1, 2016, 12:18am; Reply: 41
Been for a beer and I see the dork has been back.

Care in the community is a wonderful thing, they get access to the Internet and all sorts
Posted by: promotion plaice, October 1, 2016, 12:22am; Reply: 42
Quoted from LH
Have you ever eaten fish?

I've landed fish on deep water trawlers both in Hull and Grimsby above and below deck, worked the topside tables sorting, on seine netters in Grimsby dragged to the tables with the hook and also catching and sorting, walked the plank in snow on Brixham beamers.
Me and Frank Emson always worked a table together as a team, Paul's father.

As a freshwater angler I have fished with some of the best in town and took a young kid with me fishing who eventually became UK angling champion on the telly ( Marc Rodger )
http://www.bagem.co.uk/news/news-results/160-marc-rodger-wins-uk-champs.html

Doubt I'd know a cod from a john dory though........... 8)..........and I love eating all fish.
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, October 1, 2016, 12:36am; Reply: 43
Quoted from Cloudy
Been for a beer and I see the dork has been back.

Care in the community is a wonderful thing, they get access to the Internet and all sorts

drinking snakebites does that to you don`t worry there is help out there for you . :X

Posted by: A Brace Of Tees, October 1, 2016, 1:54am; Reply: 44
So remember guys, don't be two downhearted.
Posted by: blackandwhitelaces, October 1, 2016, 4:57am; Reply: 45
I don't get pools obsession with us, I couldn't give two felicitations how many fans they bring,how massive they think they. are,or that they once beat us 8-1,

I JUST WANT 3 MORE POINTS
Posted by: H19P1, October 1, 2016, 6:44am; Reply: 46
Enjoy your day BLUE man
Posted by: H19P1, October 1, 2016, 6:45am; Reply: 47
😏
Posted by: H19P1, October 1, 2016, 6:46am; Reply: 48
😏
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, October 1, 2016, 7:21am; Reply: 49

I've landed fish on deep water trawlers both in Hull and Grimsby above and below deck, worked the topside tables sorting, on seine netters in Grimsby dragged to the tables with the hook and also catching and sorting, walked the plank in snow on Brixham beamers.
Me and Frank Emson always worked a table together as a team, Paul's father.

As a freshwater angler I have fished with some of the best in town and took a young kid with me fishing who eventually became UK angling champion on the telly ( Mark Rodger )
http://www.bagem.co.uk/news/news-results/160-marc-rodger-wins-uk-champs.html

Doubt I'd know a cod from a john dory though........... 8)..........and I love eating all fish.

Wow . I'm in awe .
Posted by: hufc39, October 1, 2016, 8:23am; Reply: 50
I'm not sure we will bring 500 plus seems a lot when we have only won 2 in 17 games. Think someone said we have sold 261 tickets. I cant even say where going to win. Not sure how people can be so confident when your win record has been so poor. Just hope its a good day out, a good game and come may where having banter about us both taking so many fans to Wembley.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 1, 2016, 10:04am; Reply: 51
Quoted from hufc39
I'm not sure we will bring 500 plus seems a lot when we have only won 2 in 17 games. Think someone said we have sold 261 tickets. I cant even say where going to win. Not sure how people can be so confident when your win record has been so poor. Just hope its a good day out, a good game and come may where having banter about us both taking so many fans to Wembley.

Do you mean your win record or ours? We have won 5, you have won 2.

For what it's worth, i think it will be a close game. I do however hope we batter you and we are capable of it when we are at it. Last time i saw you lot was a home tonking 1-4 and i'm hoping we erase that memory today. Good luck and enjoy the game- looks a nice day for it.
Posted by: hufc39, October 1, 2016, 10:13am; Reply: 52
I meant ours some 2 wins in 17 games.
Posted by: Les Brechin, October 1, 2016, 10:35am; Reply: 53
Quoted from ginnywings

Do you mean your win record or ours? We have won 5, you have won 2.

For what it's worth, i think it will be a close game. I do however hope we batter you and we are capable of it when we are at it. Last time i saw you lot was a home tonking 1-4 and i'm hoping we erase that memory today. Good luck and enjoy the game- looks a nice day for it.

Was that the game where P***r B**g**e had the ball by the corner flag and proceeded to take the ball into our penalty area before losing possession and giving away a penalty?
Posted by: ginnywings, October 1, 2016, 10:54am; Reply: 54
It may well have been Les, though i have erased that game from my memory. Pretty sure it was a Friday night and i went straight to the pub and got a tad drunk.

Just having a look at our record against Hartlepool and the last four league 2 meetings have all ended in defeat for us, with them scoring 16 goals to our 2.  >:(
Posted by: Abdul19, October 1, 2016, 11:24am; Reply: 55
Ooh, I remember it well. A Tuesday and we were in control thanks to a Nick Fenton goal. We had that appalling 'halves' shirt. Then that smoggie twat decided to dribble into his own area and give away a penalty. Then we got smashed. Happy days.

Anyway, the bantz on this thread are epic.
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, October 1, 2016, 11:48am; Reply: 56
Love a bit of banter that as been created let's hope it's same at the game ,and to my fellow Poole yes 2 in 17 both away from home a draw against Plymouth apart from Stevenage debacle we have a good away record.
Posted by: golfer, October 1, 2016, 12:00pm; Reply: 57
Quoted from hufc39

It doesn't matter how thick you are you can't possibly think Hartlepools will get to the CUP FINAL. In any case TOWN wont need the playoffs to get promoted.  :)
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, October 1, 2016, 12:12pm; Reply: 58
No we dont  and we are not deluded like some on here.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 1, 2016, 12:38pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Abdul19
Ooh, I remember it well. A Tuesday and we were in control thanks to a Nick Fenton goal. We had that appalling 'halves' shirt. Then that smoggie twat decided to dribble into his own area and give away a penalty. Then we got smashed. Happy days.

Anyway, the bantz on this thread are epic.

You're right Abdul, just checked and it was a Tuesday. For some reason i have it in my head that it was a Friday.
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, October 1, 2016, 12:44pm; Reply: 60
No Friday 8 - 1 day every fan should know that Paul Groves day .
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, October 1, 2016, 1:32pm; Reply: 61
See deluded .
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 1, 2016, 1:38pm; Reply: 62
See deluded .

IF we do happen to win today will you be on this board later or will we never hear from you again?  ;) you see we're used to fans of the opposition coming on this Board gloating that we'll get beat...but when we beat them fair & square they're never to be seen again. ;D
Posted by: Eastendmariner, October 1, 2016, 2:28pm; Reply: 63
only bringing 500 if your pretty good away from home I think you should be bringing alot more than that lol
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, October 1, 2016, 2:42pm; Reply: 64
Win loose or draw I will be back I won't gloat and I will take and give stick in equal measures.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, October 1, 2016, 2:54pm; Reply: 65
Win loose or draw I will be back I won't gloat and I will take and give stick in equal measures.

Good lad! Gracious in defeat then?  ;D
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, October 1, 2016, 3:00pm; Reply: 66
We shall see  :P
Posted by: Teestogreen, October 1, 2016, 4:43pm; Reply: 67

You're not Podge are you?  :)

Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, October 1, 2016, 4:47pm; Reply: 68
No but you can always say this is going to happen at every club in every league a old player always haunts his old but glad him and Toto got a great reception.
Posted by: Ipswin, October 1, 2016, 5:45pm; Reply: 69
No but you can always say this is going to happen at every club in every league a old player always haunts his old but glad him and Toto got a great reception.

Podge will always get a good reception even after today as its thanks to him we are back in the league

Toto however is a w@nker

Posted by: Grantley, October 1, 2016, 5:48pm; Reply: 70
Toto was superb.
Posted by: Fullhalfglass, October 1, 2016, 5:56pm; Reply: 71
Well .... we did  bring 500 , and we did get 3 points , and we've proved that Toto and Amond are good signings ....  I thought before the season started you lot would be in the play offs and we may not be far behind ...I still think that ...We've been threatening that type of result for weeks now , you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time ..
Posted by: ginnywings, October 1, 2016, 6:05pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from Fullhalfglass
Well .... we did  bring 500 , and we did get 3 points , and we've proved that Toto and Amond are good signings ....  I thought before the season started you lot would be in the play offs and we may not be far behind ...I still think that ...We've been threatening that type of result for weeks now , you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time ..

Fair summary. We are good at getting teams back on form with indecisive finishing and defending. Had we got a goal in that first 20 mins, then it would have been a long afternoon for you. We decided however to have a dodgy 15 minute spell at the back and you grew in confidence from there. You look a decent side to be fair but your left back should have gone for that assault on Chambers, whose tracking back we sorely missed. All the goals came from his side of the pitch. Good luck for the rest of the season and let's hope we can break the hoodoo at yours.
Posted by: moosey_club, October 1, 2016, 6:06pm; Reply: 73

Really wasnt that impressed with you today, we assisted the first two goals with diabolical defending up until then we were looking well in control, third goal again against run of play but a beauty and followed an almighty scramble where Carson made a couple of excellent saves , after that it was game over.
We didnt make use of our chances / good positions but you did. Not 0-3 game on general balance but hey, thats footy.
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, October 1, 2016, 6:12pm; Reply: 74

I did try and tell but would they listen ,now i have heard those words before ,we are now six unbeaten and someone was going to get a tonking along the way i have to admit the first 20 mins i thought it might be us getting a tonking but we are much more resiliant since our defeat at Stevenage .
But got to admit going forward you seem to have it but you have to finish your chances ,that was us early in the season scoring but not finnishing teams of today we did ,so good look for the rest of the season i may be back from time to time  enjoy been back in the league and lets hope you don`t get to downhearted from this result ,we showed that after Stevenage 6-1 defeat pick yourselves up and go again.
Posted by: Grantley, October 1, 2016, 6:27pm; Reply: 75
Aye, one good game proves that they were good signings.
Posted by: Fullhalfglass, October 1, 2016, 9:02pm; Reply: 76
The reason you never got that goal in the first 20 mins is that we have assembled a half decent defence ! ....
Posted by: 75 (Guest), October 1, 2016, 9:06pm; Reply: 77
Embarassing defeat that.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, October 1, 2016, 9:12pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from Grantley
Toto was superb.

He was not tested TBH as we where fcukin clueless in the final 3rd.
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, October 1, 2016, 9:25pm; Reply: 79
Quoted from 75
Embarassing defeat that.

WHY ?

Posted by: Civvy at last, October 1, 2016, 9:28pm; Reply: 80

WHY ?

Because we lost to a smaller, inferior club, who's  managed to bring half as many fans to their cup final as we take on an average away day
Posted by: chaos33, October 1, 2016, 9:31pm; Reply: 81
The reason you never got that goal in the first 20 mins is that we have assembled a half decent defence ! ....

Not sure about that mate. Think it was probably more to do with the saves your keeper pulled off and our wastefulness. You've conceded 18 goals, have a -1 goal difference (despite winning 3-0 today), and are 13th in the table. The stats don't seem to suggest that your defence is owt special at all.
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, October 1, 2016, 10:56pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from Civvy at last

Because we lost to a smaller, inferior club, who's  managed to bring half as many fans to their cup final as we take on an average away day

As i thought deluded or a over active immagination !!!!.

Posted by: hufc39, October 1, 2016, 11:01pm; Reply: 83
Bloody hell talk about some sour grapes here. First of all it ain't our cup final far from it. Its a game 120 miles from home when we had won just twice in 17 games. Your going on mate like your some sort of big club. You got a good crowd of well over 5000. Your new back to the league are doing really well and the opposition brought over 500 fans. Lets see what your followings and home crowds are like when you go on a bad run like ours. I think its stretched on for about 7 years now.
Posted by: ginnywings, October 1, 2016, 11:14pm; Reply: 84
Quoted from hufc39
Bloody hell talk about some sour grapes here. First of all it ain't our cup final far from it. Its a game 120 miles from home when we had won just twice in 17 games. Your going on mate like your some sort of big club. You got a good crowd of well over 5000. Your new back to the league are doing really well and the opposition brought over 500 fans. Lets see what your followings and home crowds are like when you go on a bad run like ours. I think its stretched on for about 7 years now.

7 years, is that all? Childs play.  ;)

All just banter isn't it?
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, October 2, 2016, 12:12am; Reply: 85
So you have been bad since we last beat you convincingly 8-1 now we beat you 0-3 and you have just come out of the none league you average 5000 only about a thousand more than us but still your big club,so LUTON,PLYMOUTH & POMPEY must be massive compared to you and us ,ffs live in the real world your just minnows compared to the really big teams ,you got beat by little old HARTLEPOOL ....wake up and smell the bacon before it burns .
Posted by: Jaws, October 2, 2016, 12:16am; Reply: 86
So you have been bad since we last beat you convincingly 8-1 now we beat you 0-3 and you have just come out of the none league you average 5000 only about a thousand more than us but still your big club,so LUTON,PLYMOUTH & POMPEY must be massive compared to you and us ,ffs live in the real world your just minnows compared to the really big teams ,you got beat by little old HARTLEPOOL ....wake up and smell the bacon before it burns .

Of course you're a small club. There's that little activity on the Hartlepool boards that numerous fans have come on the Grimsby board. Bet you wasn't even at the game.

Let's not forget the fact we're your parent club and provide you with new signings.
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, October 2, 2016, 12:31am; Reply: 87
No your our feeder club ,but we are not disputing we are a small club we are disputing you are a big club which you are not so live with .
Posted by: hheh2, October 2, 2016, 1:19am; Reply: 88
Hartlepool isn't that the same team that lost 6-1 to.. stevenage (clap2)
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, October 2, 2016, 1:24am; Reply: 89
Yes same one that just beat the mighty Grimsby 0 - 3 at home we can go to our graves knowing we beat the big club in our league  ??)
Posted by: Skrill, October 2, 2016, 1:26am; Reply: 90
Yes same one that just beat the mighty Grimsby 0 - 3 at home we can go to our graves knowing we beat the big club in our league  ??)

But you lost to stevenage 6 - 1 (lol)
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, October 2, 2016, 1:42am; Reply: 91
And ?
Posted by: ginnywings, October 2, 2016, 1:56am; Reply: 92
Yeah, you're getting boring now. You said it's banter, except of course when we give it back, then you take offence. I never said we are a big club, but we are compared to you and we had ten years of shite, with 6 of them in non league, losing to part time teams that even you lot could call tinpot. When we got promoted back to the league, someone posted a link to one of your forums saying we were tinpot. We are not a big club by any means but we have a long and proud history that you cannot match and never will.

So do us all a favour and intercourse off, you've had your fun.
Posted by: rancido, October 2, 2016, 12:37pm; Reply: 93
I do find some of this Billy Big Bollox attitude by some Gy fans quite embarrassing. All this " my club is bigger than your club " attitude belongs in the schoolyard and not amongst adults. Why can't some fans accept we are not a big club, in the accepted sense of the expression, but we do have a long, proud history and played our part in playing amongst the big boys for long periods of our existence. Ok, so we have a large away following but certainly down south that consists of a lot of exiles. Our home gates have been good thus far but three or four defeats on the trot could seriously put a dent in that. We are back in the League after a 6 year absence so naturally interest in away matches will be high but that could easily tail off after two or three seasons at this level. The important thing is to be proud of our club and not resort to trying to belittle others. Too many of our fans have short memories and forget when we were at Championship level. We revelled in turning over so called " big clubs " then but what goes around comes around and there will always be clubs and games that bring us back down to earth.
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, October 2, 2016, 12:52pm; Reply: 94
Finally someone with the right attitude towards there club .
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 2, 2016, 1:24pm; Reply: 95
Finally someone with the right attitude towards there club .

It's 'their' not 'there.

You're on a proper site now  ;)
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, October 2, 2016, 1:31pm; Reply: 96
English was never my strong point ,and in today modern society I think most would use my way of spelling thanks for the English lesson do I pass sir. >:(
Posted by: Civvy at last, October 2, 2016, 2:01pm; Reply: 97
English was never my strong point ,and in today modern society I think most would use my way of spelling thanks for the English lesson do I pass sir. >:(

I can only hope you have a very dry sense of humour.
Comma in wrong place (line 1). ' today' should have been 'todays'  Either a full stop or comma should be used after 'lesson' (last line), and a question mark at the end !!!
Christ, no wonder you morons hanged a monkey!!
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, October 2, 2016, 2:26pm; Reply: 98
Thanks or is thankyou for lesson number two ,too or to cheers anyway .
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, October 2, 2016, 2:28pm; Reply: 99
Ps it's a message board krank not open university is it still GRIM in GRIMSBY clown.
Posted by: Ipswin, October 2, 2016, 3:31pm; Reply: 100
in today modern society I think most would use my way of spelling :(

WTF do you know about 'modern society' ? You're from Hartlepool FFS!

Posted by: Mariner Timsky, October 2, 2016, 4:00pm; Reply: 101
Quoted from hufc39

"Lets see what your followings and home crowds are like when you go on a bad run like ours."

We've just spent 6 years in the conference and still got decent crowds and took large away followings all over the country.
Posted by: livosnose, October 2, 2016, 4:55pm; Reply: 102
[quote=22]

Wow . I'm in awe . [/quote

Paul Emson under rated . My first memory of fans getting on a players back ......doesn't happen anymore does it !  :-/
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, October 2, 2016, 5:16pm; Reply: 103
So we all have fans who are sociable and then there's the clowns it seems you have more of one than the other .
Posted by: conscorner, May 7, 2017, 11:07am; Reply: 104
Bump. A contender for a classic Fishy thread
Posted by: RoboCod, May 7, 2017, 12:17pm; Reply: 105
It's got to be in the top 5 all time classic threads, just a glance through it brings up so many classic quotes that I can't pick a favourite. Although..

No your our feeder club ,but we are not disputing we are a small club we are disputing you are a big club which you are not so live with .

;D

Posted by: grimsby pete, May 7, 2017, 12:49pm; Reply: 106
I do not feel sorry for any Hartlepool fan,

BUT

I have a little bit of encourage for them in the fact,

Amond and Magnay know what a hard place the conference is to get out of,

I doubt that we will see you again for several years.

Enjoy  ;D
Posted by: Mariner16, May 7, 2017, 1:00pm; Reply: 107

We are disputing that you're a football league club. Enjoy!  ;D
Posted by: ginnywings, May 7, 2017, 1:14pm; Reply: 108
Quoted from Mariner16

We are disputing that you're a football league club. Enjoy!  ;D

Classic!  ;D
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 11:00am