Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Simariner, September 30, 2016, 8:13am
These two helped us gain promotion into L2 and I'll be giving them a gentle applause when their names are read out before the game. Nothing More!!

During the game we need to start giving Toto the stick that most Ex-GY players receive, he seems to crack under pressure and as we've all seen he can be a liability at times.

I hope PH starts Tuton as he seems to be the sort of player that will never stop harassing and would be of more of a problem to Toto than Jackson would be.

Looking forward to this one!!  UTM
Posted by: acko338, September 30, 2016, 8:31am; Reply: 1
It was proven late on last year that Amond can be marked out of games and his scoring record against better teams was poor.

Let's stick to that plan tomorrow.

Toto is a one off - you never know which version hits the field - great pacey player or dummy who gives away goals or gets sent off stupidly.

Cue Mr Tuton - harassment job required !!!

Omar , don't bite if they try to do the same job to you.

It could be clever tactics that win this game tomorrow - Hurst will need his thinking cap on !!
Posted by: davmariner, September 30, 2016, 8:36am; Reply: 2
Agree obviously they were both great for us but the crowd can definitely play its part in getting under their skin, particularly Toto.
Posted by: Simariner, September 30, 2016, 9:00am; Reply: 3
Is Toto on the Fishy?  Red cross every time his name is mentioned   ;D
Posted by: Davec, September 30, 2016, 9:13am; Reply: 4
Gentle applause when their name is read out.

But let's remember We've got a game to win and if that includes winding up Toto and booing him everytime he touches the ball then let that be the case
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 30, 2016, 9:17am; Reply: 5
They are the past. The best and most grown up idea would be to ignore them altogether and concentrate on our own players and our own game. A good win would make the point better than any amount of booing and baby cat calling.
Posted by: Kris2, September 30, 2016, 9:18am; Reply: 6
Now now, let's be nice to Toto if we say mean things and boo him he might leave again  ;D

Seriously sod him, thanks for the work but if he hates us so much we have no reason to like him.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 30, 2016, 9:23am; Reply: 7
Both central parts of the team that got us promoted so for me its a no brainer....booing is pointless...better giving them a rousing round of applause to pr1ck their emotions rather than antagonising them and firing them up.
Posted by: totalidiot, September 30, 2016, 9:27am; Reply: 8
Let's try to remember what these individuals did for our beloved football club,putting in 100% effort to help drag us from the depths of football hell.
A footballers career is a short one and players move on for any number of reasons and we don't know the ins and outs of exactly why these didn't stay with u ,so many players and also supporters of clubs we visit comment about how fantastic we are as supporters so let's bear that in mind and show them we really are a cut above and show our humble gratitude to a couple of lads who deserve it.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 30, 2016, 9:30am; Reply: 9
Quoted from moosey_club
Both central parts of the team that got us promoted so for me its a no brainer....booing is pointless...better giving them a rousing round of applause to pr1ck their emotions rather than antagonising them and firing them up.

Totally agree, why boo them, they helped get us out of that cess pit of a league last season and both were instrumental in doing so, I don't like the circumstances in why they left the club but they don't deserve to be booed.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 30, 2016, 9:36am; Reply: 10
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Totally agree, why boo them, they helped get us out of that cess pit of a league last season and both were instrumental in doing so, I don't like the circumstances in why they left the club but they don't deserve to be booed.

back to reality though and not our idyllic reasoned world......both get stick throughout the game....one scores.....turns to the crowd and cups his ears.....fans and fishy meltdown on what a pair of tw@ts they are  ;)
Posted by: Garth, September 30, 2016, 9:37am; Reply: 11
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Agree but thats football, you would verbally abuse your Granny if she had the nerve to wear another shirt ;D
Posted by: 97 (Guest), September 30, 2016, 9:39am; Reply: 12
It'll be odd to see Amond in another strip. Toto I'm completely ambivalent about.

They're professional footballers. They were happy to sign contracts elsewhere. Whatever happens, happens.

It's the current team I'm bothered about. I hope we put 12 past them.
Posted by: RoboCod, September 30, 2016, 9:51am; Reply: 13
Toto has been completely erased from my memory with the arrival of Collins. Podge has a dodgy element to him due to his strange departure and non-matching story behind it but even then he must be questioning his (or his agents) decision to make that move, as he watches Bogle tear up the division and Town quickly settle into League 2.

Humerous, witty songs are ALWAYS the best solution, best to spend your energy on thinking up and creating some chants than booing.
Any songs out there to get things going?
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 30, 2016, 10:04am; Reply: 14
They are opposing players. I've no problem with Amond or Toto the liar. Padraig did great to score all of those goals, without him we would have been playing North Ferriby so I will applaud him before the game although without seeing the contracts offered, it appears a strange decision to join a smaller club. Toto the liar was a liability for the most part, with flashes of quality. Agree if he receives a bit of banter from the crowd, it will probably affect his game as he is mentally weak.
Posted by: GrimRob, September 30, 2016, 10:08am; Reply: 15
Never seen the point of booing players, it will just make them try harder! Better make them feel welcome so they subconsciously don't want to do well against us! I'll be clapping them at every opportunity  :)
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 30, 2016, 10:13am; Reply: 16
Quoted from RoboCod
Toto has been completely erased from my memory with the arrival of Collins. Podge has a dodgy element to him due to his strange departure and non-matching story behind it but even then he must be questioning his (or his agents) decision to make that move, as he watches Bogle tear up the division and Town quickly settle into League 2.

Humerous, witty songs are ALWAYS the best solution, best to spend your energy on thinking up and creating some chants than booing.

We had Amond,
Padraig Amond,
I just don't think he understands,
But he became a fool,
And went to Hartlepool,
And left the best supporters in the land.
Posted by: 97 (Guest), September 30, 2016, 10:18am; Reply: 17
Quoted from Les Brechin

We had Amond,
Padraig Amond,
I just don't think he understands,
But he became a fool,
And went to Hartlepool,

I suspect he may well regret leaving.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 30, 2016, 10:20am; Reply: 18
They are just two opposition players. No doubt some will boo them, it's inevitable, but for me i concentrate on the here and now. If you get upset about players leaving the club for whatever reason, then you will spend a lot of time being upset as players come and go all the time. God knows how many hundreds of players I've seen in a Town shirt over the years I've been attending. No matter how good or bad they were for us, they no longer play for us, so not fussed about them.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 30, 2016, 10:25am; Reply: 19
Just remembered Rob Jones also plays for them. He was a better player than both of the other two combined and left for pastures new. Will he get booed as well?
Posted by: RoboCod, September 30, 2016, 10:32am; Reply: 20
If Toto makes one of his customary slips, to the tune of Britney...

"Ooops, he's done it again,
He's fell on his ar$e,
It's always the same.."
Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 30, 2016, 10:52am; Reply: 21
They both did well whilst our players so I will applaud them before the game in recognition of that service.During the game I will treat them as the enemy and hope they get murdered in a football sense.After the game NEXT
Posted by: moosey_club, September 30, 2016, 10:53am; Reply: 22
Quoted from RoboCod

you've got Amond..Padraig Amond
i just dont think you understand
he's a greedy man,
he'd sell his own Gran
and thats why pool are going down..
Posted by: MonkeyHanger1908, September 30, 2016, 10:55am; Reply: 23
Quoted from 75
They are opposing players. I've no problem with Amond or Toto the liar. Padraig did great to score all of those goals, without him we would have been playing North Ferriby so I will applaud him before the game although without seeing the contracts offered, it appears a strange decision to join a smaller club. Toto the liar was a liability for the most part, with flashes of quality. Agree if he receives a bit of banter from the crowd, it will probably affect his game as he is mentally weak.

Smaller club  ;D
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 30, 2016, 10:57am; Reply: 24
As soon as he pulled the race card I lost the love for toto
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 30, 2016, 10:58am; Reply: 25
Quoted from MonkeyHanger1908

Smaller club  ;D

You are a smaller club the stats prove it on all accounts , why are you so angry with us ?  ;)
Posted by: MonkeyHanger1908, September 30, 2016, 10:59am; Reply: 26
We've got Amond, Padraig Amond
I just dont think you understand
That he'd of been a clown
if he stayed at grimsby town
going down, going down, going down...

(2guns)(2guns)(2guns)(2guns)
Posted by: MonkeyHanger1908, September 30, 2016, 11:00am; Reply: 27
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

You are a smaller club the stats prove it on all accounts , why are you so angry with us ?  ;)

Football banter  :)
Posted by: mariner91, September 30, 2016, 11:04am; Reply: 28

There's "banter" and then there's talking plain silly. You are a smaller club in every sense.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 30, 2016, 11:05am; Reply: 29

Glad you've got a sense of humour pal cos when Toto gets his inevitable red card tomorrow you will need it ;)
Posted by: LH, September 30, 2016, 11:08am; Reply: 30
Ooh banter!

Would rather just give our own players a loud reception than worry about welcoming Toto the clown and Amond.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 30, 2016, 11:12am; Reply: 31

And here's me thinking your just being  a childish pric k
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 30, 2016, 11:34am; Reply: 32
They'll be getting a good reception from me. No ill will for moving on, they did a massive job for us.
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 30, 2016, 11:42am; Reply: 33
You can keep Amond
Padraig Amond
We just don't need him anymore
Coz Omar's on a run
He's scoring goals for fun
And we'll be singing every time we score.

Move over Andrew Lloyd Webber  ;)
Posted by: Kris2, September 30, 2016, 12:02pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from Les Brechin

Unless you ask Toto  ;D
Posted by: Abdul19, September 30, 2016, 12:24pm; Reply: 35
I'll give them the, sorry, a clap. Both huge parts of our promotion squad so it's a no brainer.

As for them leaving - they were presumably offered more money elsewhere. I've no issue with that. It's how I assume we signed them in the first place.
Posted by: arryarryarry, September 30, 2016, 2:00pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Kris2
Now now, let's be nice to Toto if we say mean things and boo him he might leave again  ;D

Seriously sod him, thanks for the work but if he hates us so much we have no reason to like him.

Whatever he thinks of us or we think of him, I've said before I disapprove of booing ex-players, even if I wasn't his biggest fan both him and Amond were instrumental in getting us back into the Football League, so welcome back but hope they go back without any points.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 30, 2016, 2:02pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from ginnywings
Just remembered Rob Jones also plays for them. He was a better player than both of the other two combined and left for pastures new. Will he get booed as well?

Good God, he still PLAYS? Jesus, there's hope for me yet.
Posted by: Les Brechin, September 30, 2016, 2:07pm; Reply: 38
I wonder if there's any chance one of them might come down with a case of Grimsbyitis tomorrow.  ;)
Posted by: Cloudy, September 30, 2016, 2:41pm; Reply: 39
Pools star Padraig Amond has admitted that this weekend’s away game at former club Grimsby Town is one he has been looking forward to for a while.
The Irishman fired an incredible 37 goals in all competitions for The Mariners last term as they ended their six-year exile with a glorious return to the EFL via the play-offs.

And while Amond is delighted to see they have made a strong start to the new campaign, he will be going all-out to ensure that Pools collect maximum points from this weekend’s contest at Blundell Park.

“There’s no point lying, it was probably the first game I looked for when the fixtures came out,” he told us.

“I had a fantastic season there last year and it’s a time I will never forget so I am really looking forward to going back there – and hopefully I can go back and haunt them!

“I have had some contact with three or four of their players this week – the goalkeeper, the centre-half and the skipper and we’ve had some banter going between us.

“I have just told them that when I tower over them at the back post to score my goal that there is no hard feelings about it! It’s all been good-natured stuff and I think they’re looking forward to the game too.

“I don’t think the Grimsby fans were too happy when I left but I would be a bit disappointed if I got a bad reception from them.

“I scored 37 goals there and Toto and I helped them get promoted last season – obviously things happen but hopefully they don’t forget that and we will get a good reception.”

Town currently lie sixth in the League Two table having shrugged off a slow start to the season to hit some really strong form in the past month, during which they’ve lost just once.

And in Omar Bogle they boast the division’s joint leading scorer with the front man having already helped himself to an impressive nine league goals this term.

“My old strike partner Omar is on fire so he is a player we will have to look after on Saturday,” Amond admitted.

“But they have good players all over the pitch so we have to make sure that when we get there we are ready for the battle and we try to frustrate the home crowd.

“We’re four unbeaten at the moment and our last two games were against sides right at the top of the league but we should be talking about six points taken not two, had some decisions not gone against us.

“But the important thing is that we’re playing well and we’re not conceding goals – the only two that have gone in have been a free-kick and a penalty so if we don’t concede any more of those then we’ll be fine!”

Read more at http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/hartlepools-padraig-amond-looking-forward-to-grimsby-return-3338667.aspx#6muRf6uJgmxLSBT4.99
Posted by: MarinerWY, September 30, 2016, 2:45pm; Reply: 40
waaah a professional footballer left to play at another club, every player should show undying loyalty to Grimsby because I do waaah  :'(

they've moved on. helped us get to league 2 though so I wish them well. I think I'll clap when their names are announced (especially Podge) but then ignore them the rest of the game and focus on getting behind our current set of players, who are doing a bloody brilliant job so far.
Posted by: acko338, September 30, 2016, 2:48pm; Reply: 41
Jones out injured and Featherstone suspended.

Town need to put pressure so they have all of the problems in the game for 90 minutes.

I hope that they collapse under the quality of our play.
Posted by: MonkeyHanger1908, September 30, 2016, 2:57pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from acko338
Jones out injured and Featherstone suspended.

Town need to put pressure so they have all of the problems in the game for 90 minutes.

I hope that they collapse under the quality of our play.

Jones has played 1 game this season and Featherstone is our weakest midfield link  ;D Would probably walk into your team mind
Posted by: moosey_club, September 30, 2016, 3:17pm; Reply: 43

Jones has played 1 game this season and Featherstone is our weakest midfield link  ;D Would probably walk into your team mind

Doubt that, our own club captain cant walk into our team at the moment so would the "weakest" player from a side 9 places below us be able to ?
He is just another example of your clubs obvious GTFC obsession, another one of our rejects that you fawn so badly....is it 5 in total...i lost count.  :P
Posted by: mariner91, September 30, 2016, 3:59pm; Reply: 44

I wish we were occupying 15th in the league.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 30, 2016, 4:11pm; Reply: 45
They won't get any love from me as they play for an opposing club and chose to leave Grimsby Town for a smaller club, desperately looking to find an excuse as they closed the door behind them. Just my opinion.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 30, 2016, 4:46pm; Reply: 46
I remember when Gary Croft was on loan at Ipswich from Blackburn,

He played against us at Portman Road with a tag on his leg for a motoring offence,

Every time he went near the ball the Town fans went DER DER DER DER ( sound of police siren )

It got to him and he was just kicking the ball anywhere he did not want it,

I am sure if we do something like WOO  WOO or whatever to Toto he will be the same,

BUT

Give him and Podge a polite clap at the beginning and end of the game.
Posted by: RoboCod, September 30, 2016, 5:27pm; Reply: 47
“I have had some contact with three or four of their players this week – the goalkeeper, the centre-half and the skipper.."

Ooh Podge, you name-dropper, you ::)
Posted by: OllieGTFC, September 30, 2016, 5:47pm; Reply: 48
Why would you clap for them both ? One left because us supporters and the other left because probably money at the end of the day they both didn't want to be here
Posted by: BottesfordMariner, September 30, 2016, 6:09pm; Reply: 49
I will applaud them both before  the game and i hope all our fans are respectful.

Both may have left us 'under a cloud' but lets remember both played a huge part in our success last season and were key players in our promotion. Regardless of the whys and what fors as to the circumstances of why they left lets not forgot that.

Anyway booing them will probably inspire them to put one over us. No lets show our appreciation and make them start to think if leaving us was really the right choice.

Of course once the whistle goes lets get fully behind the Mariners and here's hoping Podge, Toto and the rest of the Hartlepool team head back home with nothing.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 30, 2016, 6:22pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from 75
They are opposing players. I've no problem with Amond or Toto the liar. Padraig did great to score all of those goals, without him we would have been playing North Ferriby so I will applaud him before the game  although without seeing the contracts offered, it appears a strange decision to join a smaller club. Toto the liar was a liability for the most part, with flashes of quality. Agree if he receives a bit of banter from the crowd, it will probably affect his game as he is mentally weak.

Maybe this gives them an edge over similar size clubs -

Hartlepool United F.C. is owned by JPNG Recruitment, a Dubai based recruitment company, who purchased it from IOR Ltd (Increased Oil Recovery) on 22 June 2015. Hartlepool United F.C. is legally registered in the British Virgin Islands so that untaxed income can fund the club and foreign players can enjoy lower income tax.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), September 30, 2016, 6:23pm; Reply: 51
Ignore before the game, give stick throughout the game, applaud after the game (regardless of result). It's all about gamenship for me and the best way the crowd can help Town get the 3 points is by making it as uncomfortable as possible for the Hartlepool team. Of course I am greatfull for their efforts however tomorrow no sentiment should be shown until the full time whistle.
Posted by: Mariner55, September 30, 2016, 7:06pm; Reply: 52
I won't be there (live in London) but I think booing them would be counter-productive and will only serve to spur them on (as the stupid comments of Willet's brother appear to have done for the US golfers).  They deserve applause, not least Amond without whom we would not have been promoted.  After that, they're just opponents.  My views, for what it's worth, is that Bogle is a class above Amond and Hurst knew it.  Having said that I hope sods law does not come into operation tomorrow ...
Posted by: Ipswin, September 30, 2016, 7:07pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from grimsby pete
I remember when Gary Croft was on loan at Ipswich from Blackburn,

He played against us at Portman Road with a tag on his leg for a motoring offence,

Every time he went near the ball the Town fans went DER DER DER DER ( sound of police siren )

It got to him and he was just kicking the ball anywhere he did not want it,

I am sure if we do something like WOO  WOO or whatever to Toto he will be the same,

BUT

Give him and Podge a polite clap at the beginning and end of the game.

I remember the Croft incident well Pete the Town fans also sang 'Home in a taxi You're going home in a taxi' Hilarious!

Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 30, 2016, 7:24pm; Reply: 54
I think if every body gets behind our lads with Mariners......Mariners......Mariners and Omar Bogle....Omar...Omar....

I think Podge and Toto will get the message.

Will be interesting to see Omar V Toto and Podge versus Shaun.
Posted by: sydney, September 30, 2016, 8:21pm; Reply: 55
Love the song
It should be sung
Posted by: BLUETHRUANDTHRU, September 30, 2016, 10:27pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from promotion plaice

Maybe this gives them an edge over similar size clubs -

Hartlepool United F.C. is owned by JPNG Recruitment, a Dubai based recruitment company, who purchased it from IOR Ltd (Increased Oil Recovery) on 22 June 2015. Hartlepool United F.C. is legally registered in the British Virgin Islands so that untaxed income can fund the club and foreign players can enjoy lower income tax.

Don`t believe all you read we where owned by a NORWEGIAN oil company before that so money do not talk all the time ..if there is any in the first place.
Posted by: toontown, October 1, 2016, 1:25pm; Reply: 57
Will definitely applaud them before the game as, especially Podge, they were instrumental in getting us out of that god-forsaken non league hellhole. They also played a part in the wembley triumph which was the best footballing moment of my life I think, despite having followed Town for decades in higher leagues. Once the game starts think Toto could be gotten at by crowd reaction, but podge it would just spur on, altho personally I will ignore them during the game and give them a clap again after.
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 12:19am