Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Belfast Town, September 26, 2016, 11:08pm
About to lose their manager Jim Bentley to Tranmere Rovers. Apparently he lives two miles from Prenton Park.
Posted by: psgmariner, September 27, 2016, 8:28am; Reply: 1
That's terrible.

Nobody should have to live there.
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 27, 2016, 8:40am; Reply: 2
Quoted from psgmariner
That's terrible.

Nobody should have to live there.

But he can walk home from training in his tracksuit. And just blend in with the locals  ;)
Posted by: kevikov, September 27, 2016, 9:34am; Reply: 3
Was that their criteria?
"Right, we need a manager, who lives round here...?"
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 27, 2016, 9:36am; Reply: 4
Doesn't say much for Morecambe when he does that even if he could just climb his back fence to go to work at a Conference club. He was struggling to get a team together when Morecambe came to BP in August and things aren't likely to improve financially are they? That would be the main reason for him to jump ship.
Posted by: Kris2, September 27, 2016, 10:40am; Reply: 5
Quoted from kevikov
Was that their criteria?
"Right, we need a manager, who lives round here...?"

Tbf I think a few Town fans would be creaming themselves the day we get a local manager, they sure see that as a positive criteria for players  ;D
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 27, 2016, 12:01pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Kris2

Tbf I think a few Town fans would be creaming themselves the day we get a local manager, they sure see that as a positive criteria for players  ;D

I would certainly see it as a positive. I would love to have a local manger, deputy manager, physio and a full squad of local players. Obviously only if they were good enough for the job that they were required to do at that level.  Of course it's never going to happen, but I take it you have an issue with local fans supporting local players. I also try to support local business's whenever possible. I guess trying to be loyal to the area I was born and bred it doesn't sit right with some folk !!!!!!!!!
Posted by: psgmariner, September 27, 2016, 12:05pm; Reply: 7
Neil Woods still lives locally.....

Wasn't a fan of his management tenure (to put it mildly) but wonder if he would fancy shortening his commute to Walsall to work with our yoof.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, September 27, 2016, 1:25pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from psgmariner
Neil Woods still lives locally.....

Wasn't a fan of his management tenure (to put it mildly) but wonder if he would fancy shortening his commute to Walsall to work with our yoof.

Judging by how poorly they are doing currently, and knowing his previous record, it wouldn't be a bad idea.
Posted by: forza ivano, September 27, 2016, 3:21pm; Reply: 9
anyone know the iodds for morecambe getting relegated?
Posted by: Paris Mariner, September 27, 2016, 4:34pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from forza ivano

They were pre-season favourites for the drop so pretty short I'd say.
Posted by: Paris Mariner, September 27, 2016, 4:36pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from forza ivano

5s
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 27, 2016, 7:44pm; Reply: 12
I'm sticking in my CV for AFC Wimbledon. After that I fully expect to be shortlisted for a coaching role at Chelsea FC women's team (subject to completion of the lease transfer on Kingsmeadow).
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 7:31pm