Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Davec, September 25, 2016, 12:31pm
Well nobody correctly predicted Saturday's result and scorer, few came close however

Newport on Tuesday now

3-0 I go for Bogle, Tuton and Bignot own goal
Posted by: UFindusMariner, September 25, 2016, 12:34pm; Reply: 1
Grimsby 2-0 Newport

Jackson 27
Bogle 64

Attendance: 4356
Posted by: Hagrid, September 25, 2016, 12:36pm; Reply: 2
A game we should be looking to win. hope parkin gets a bit of stick for his ugly tackle in the PO final. 2-1 town, summerfield and bogle
Posted by: psgmariner, September 25, 2016, 12:48pm; Reply: 3
We'll shitem.

3-0 Town (Bogle, Vose, Davies).
Posted by: LH, September 25, 2016, 1:14pm; Reply: 4
It'll be a highscoring win because I'm at work.
Posted by: Ipswin, September 25, 2016, 1:17pm; Reply: 5
Depends which team turns up.

If its Luton we'll be OK, 2 or 3 nil easy

The Crewe or Orient team could make it a lot closer

Looking for 6 points next week, would set us up nicely for top 6
Posted by: Green27, September 25, 2016, 1:22pm; Reply: 6
4-1 Town.

BOGLE 2, Tuton 1 Jackson 1
Posted by: hheh2, September 25, 2016, 1:25pm; Reply: 7
4-0
Bogle 2, Vose, Summerfield  
Posted by: 97 (Guest), September 25, 2016, 1:56pm; Reply: 8
Hoping for a comprehensive win, but feel It'll be a frustrating draw. Parkin will get their equaliser and wind up the lower findus into a frenzy.
Posted by: zorro_is_a_Mariner, September 25, 2016, 2:14pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Ipswin
Depends which team turns up.

If its Luton we'll be OK, 2 or 3 nil easy

The Crewe or Orient team could make it a lot closer

Looking for 6 points next week, would set us up nicely for top 6

I thought we played quiet well against orient we just couldnt finish our chances. We could of easily been 2 or 3 up against them.
Posted by: sydney, September 25, 2016, 2:17pm; Reply: 10
A good, solid, crafted performance please (PH)
similar to Morecombe etc..
with 3 points
5000+??
Come on Town!!
Posted by: MARINERSMAN22, September 25, 2016, 2:29pm; Reply: 11
5-1 They score first. Bogle with 3, assists Davies and Pearson with a header to make amends for yesterday. There'll be 48 away fans and 3504 home fans
Posted by: MARINERSMAN22, September 25, 2016, 2:29pm; Reply: 12
And yes, I replaced the batteries in my crystal ball so here's hoping!
Posted by: Abdul19, September 25, 2016, 2:48pm; Reply: 13
Continuing the WLWL home pattern:

3-0

Bogle 15 (pen)
Collins 42
Bignot og 70

Parkin sent off 74

4444 (44)
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 25, 2016, 2:50pm; Reply: 14
4-0 win,

Bogle, Jackson , Chambers  Collins

4.501     28 AWAY
Posted by: grimps, September 25, 2016, 7:00pm; Reply: 15
This is the sort of game that we usually intercourse up on while Hurst has been here, lets hope we can put them to the sword and make a show of intent to the rest of this league
Posted by: stevethefish, September 25, 2016, 7:12pm; Reply: 16
On the basis I have a 10 hour round trip on the train, there is no option but a win. Newport appear shite, but are a bit of a bogey team and has the hallmarks of 1-0 snatch away win, if we are too cocky. If we blast them with pace from the start all night and keep the ball on the floor... We should go home happy. Looking forward to it :)
Posted by: stevethefish, September 25, 2016, 7:18pm; Reply: 17
It's also the kind of game Portsmouth would smash a minimum of 3-0 at home and that is the home form we want to start seeing.
Posted by: Madeleymariner, September 25, 2016, 7:44pm; Reply: 18
Lose 1-0  :(
Posted by: moosey_club, September 25, 2016, 7:46pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from stevethefish
It's also the kind of game Portsmouth would smash a minimum of 3-0 at home and that is the home form we want to start seeing.

Too right...this in spades....after the last two damp squib performances we need a much bigger performance against one of the bottom feeders who i can imagine will sit back and smash balls into Parkin and play for set pieces.

We will need invention and pace.
Posted by: livosnose, September 25, 2016, 8:03pm; Reply: 20
Vose hatrick ...Parkin sent off and goes straight to tokabi kebab for a double meat and chips  
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 25, 2016, 8:14pm; Reply: 21

Town  3 - 1  Newport             Att.    4,457

Bogle
       Vose
       Tuton
Posted by: A.l.f., September 25, 2016, 8:15pm; Reply: 22
3-1 Chambers, Collins and Bogle 4479
Posted by: Hertsmariner, September 25, 2016, 9:21pm; Reply: 23
Please, please, please no more slip-ups at home! I bought a ST to support the club even though I don't get to many games nowadays (my last one was the terrific win over Morecambe). However, I have my train tickets for Saturday's game with Hartlepool and have my fingers crossed that my trip will follow hard on the heels of a convincing win over Newport. I'd much rather travel with a spirit of optimism on Saturday, particularly as my daughters and sons-in-law have just bought me a new Town shirt to celebrate my 70th birthday! Two home wins this week, to follow on from the victory at Mansfield, would be the icing on the birthday cake!
Posted by: stevethefish, September 25, 2016, 9:51pm; Reply: 24
Newport have not won in 6 games. Worst in the league
Posted by: oldun, September 25, 2016, 9:53pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from stevethefish
Newport have not won in 6 games. Worst in the league

Oh dear, I do not like the sound of that. These sort of runs have to end somewhere.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, September 25, 2016, 9:57pm; Reply: 26
Davec you're a brave man stealing Grimsby Petes prediction thread .
Posted by: stevethefish, September 25, 2016, 10:04pm; Reply: 27
There worst result of the season is 2-0 to Doncaster which is no disgrace. The other three losses are only by 1 goal,against Luton and Mansfield.

They won away at Leyton Orient and drew against Crewe, Hartlepool and Cheltenham.

So actually, we have lost the same amount and conceded the same amount. Looks like they struggle with goals and winning. There only crap result of the season was losing at home to Cambridge on Saturday.

Maybe, this will be a lot closer than a lot of the predictions ... Aargh.
Posted by: AdamHaddock, September 25, 2016, 10:18pm; Reply: 28
3-2
Bogle, Vose and Vernon
Posted by: moosey_club, September 26, 2016, 8:54am; Reply: 29
At least we dont have to worry about the Shop......and when i say worry... i mean worry about getting hit in the face with a shot if you sit anywhere near the corner flags or row P of the Pontoon  :)
Posted by: Davec, September 26, 2016, 9:17am; Reply: 30
Louth in the south

Pete gave them up last season and Mariner 09 briefly took over but he never had the time to do it every week so now I post the predictions every game, Pete and Mariner 09 are aware.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, September 26, 2016, 9:24am; Reply: 31
Quoted from Davec
Louth in the south

Pete gave them up last season and Mariner 09 briefly took over but he never had the time to do it every week so now I post the predictions every game, Pete and Mariner 09 are aware.

And a sterling job you are doing taking over the mantle from Pete.

Town 3 County 0 Bogle 2 Vose att 4650 (102 Newport)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, September 26, 2016, 9:29am; Reply: 32
Town 2 Newport 0

Bogle brace

Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, September 26, 2016, 9:30am; Reply: 33
Quoted from oldun

Oh dear, I do not like the sound of that. These sort of runs have to end somewhere.

The run goes back into last season. They've won one game in 22.

Posted by: oldun, September 26, 2016, 9:55am; Reply: 34
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Town 2 Newport 0

Bogle brace

Great to see Stuart Brace back!
Posted by: Grumps, September 26, 2016, 10:36am; Reply: 35
Town to take it 2-0 with goals from Bogle and Vose
Posted by: JMT, September 26, 2016, 11:00am; Reply: 36
2-0 town, bogle and chambers getting the goals.
attendance: 4250
Posted by: gary_elton, September 26, 2016, 1:32pm; Reply: 37
Town to win 2 - 1... another nervy game...   4,312  ( 35 lovely boys isn't it look you )

people are saving their money for the return of thingy and wotsisname on saturday.....
Posted by: Skrill, September 26, 2016, 2:04pm; Reply: 38
Town 3 - 0 Newport

(Bogle x2, Vose)

Att: 4150 (30 away)
Posted by: Tommy, September 26, 2016, 2:34pm; Reply: 39
Just had a look on the Newport forum briefly and wow is it doom and gloom on there.

Fans seemingly think the manager isn't up to the job, they're destined for relegation and worries over the club ever recovering from it and being competitive in the conference.

And they've apparently only won 1 in the last 21 games.

This is a game we need to win and take advantage of the lack of form and belief at Newport. If we don't win this we could end up looking back at this later as a costly game we should've won.
Posted by: oldun, September 26, 2016, 3:58pm; Reply: 40
could be a good fixture to give Tombola a go.
Posted by: NewportFan, September 26, 2016, 4:17pm; Reply: 41
It's taken me nearly 48 hours to emerge from under the duvet after that performance on Saturday. Cambridge were comfortably the worst side we've played this season, and clearly utterly devoid of confidence, but their win had an inevitability about it. You'll win, don't know by how many, but it could get messy. We seem to have less trouble scoring (every game apart from at Donny) than in previous seasons, but I shudder to think what Bogle might do to our "defence". Parkin (no, don't laugh) is by a distance our best player. Hard-working and with a great touch and football brain. As well as being able to inflict GBH on opponents. Rigg is half-decent. A couple of attacking loanees (Healey and Grego-Cox) at least look interested. Tozer has a proper long throw, that we have no idea how to capitalise on. And that's about it. As StevetheFish says above, we look shite. Because we are.

S the F gets one thing wrong, though. We've somehow won three seasons running at Portsmouth, and they've yet to score against us!

Am I travelling up, am I...
Posted by: Davec, September 26, 2016, 4:51pm; Reply: 42
Hi Newport Fan

What's your opinions on Paul Bignot ?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 26, 2016, 5:27pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from Davec
Hi Newport Fan

What's your opinions on Paul Bignot ?

The fact he said they've got no defence gives you a clue!  :o
Posted by: NewportFan, September 26, 2016, 6:26pm; Reply: 44
He's certainly been as guilty as anyone in our back four, but every one of them has played poorly too often. The signs aren't promising that he'll be up to League Two standard, however. I know that won't come as a surprise to Grimsby fans, but I so wanted him to do well on his return to us. In 2009/10, we walked Conference South, by 28 points. We had a lot of 1-0 wins that season and I'd never before (and definitely not since!) gone to games KNOWING we wouldn't concede. That had a lot to do with Biggy. The following season, in Conference Premier, he swept the board for the various player of the season awards and then got his big money move to Blackpool, just relegated to the Championship. Since then, he's not impressed anywhere, it seems, as you can attest!  I can't bring myself to be too hard on him, though. Of the three players who have shared right-back more or less equally this season, he still looks the most adept. I remembered Turley as a thuggish centre-half with FGR, with zero footballing ability. For us, he's been the same except, when deployed at full-back, he's even more painful to watch. Barnum-Bobb is a lightweight, who seems to think he'd be better off on the wing, or at least as a wing-back, without having any of the requisite skillset. Bignot at least understands the basics of full-back play, albeit that he is no more effective going forward than the other two.

Probably a longer answer than you wanted, but there you go.
Posted by: Golden fox, September 26, 2016, 8:30pm; Reply: 45
People saying Newport are too small for the league ,  I'm basing it on attendances only but there's 5 or 6 teams that get lower than them in league 2 . As Paul says "there's no easy games in league 2"  and we will have to be bang on it to get a win . Hoping for 4500 tomorrow night with it a night match , would hope for 5k+ against hartlepool though especially with the returning lads . Hoping they get a decent reception as they did get us out of that hole down below .
Posted by: Golden fox, September 26, 2016, 8:31pm; Reply: 46
Ohh and for the prediction 2-1 Town . Davies 2 free kicks . UTM
Posted by: Grimal, September 26, 2016, 8:57pm; Reply: 47
Town 2  Newport 1
Bogle & Tuton
Healey
4275  ( 63 of them)
Posted by: buckstown, September 26, 2016, 9:20pm; Reply: 48
They are a bit of a bogey team and I fear what happened last time we played them at BP might be repeated. Bus parked, last minute break away 0-1.
However, optimism prevails, 2-1 town, Pearson breaks the deadlock on the hour with a towering header, Davis free kick before a late consolation from the beast.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 27, 2016, 12:37pm; Reply: 49
We've been here before with games like this. On paper it looks fairly easy but we still struggle at home if the opposition closes us down in midfield and we still don't seem to be able to change our game plans to combat this.

Early goal(s) are the key in these matches. The longer we go without scoring the harder it gets as their confidence grows. If possible, get the job done by half time. Go for it. UTM.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 27, 2016, 12:57pm; Reply: 50
Another windy day. It always seems to be windy when we play at home, at least it has been for the last couple of games. Could make it more of a leveller, so we need to keep the ball on the deck.
Posted by: moosey_club, September 27, 2016, 4:32pm; Reply: 51
I see from their highlights they have a long throw set piece...the fella pretty much reaches the far post with it.  :o
Posted by: Andy_worldwide_mariner, September 27, 2016, 5:44pm; Reply: 52
I hope that we'll give the home fans somethong  to cheer about with a dominant display. I'll go for the following:

3-0 Town

Jackson
Summerfield
Vose

Utm :)
Posted by: Teesknees, September 27, 2016, 6:07pm; Reply: 53
My spirit guide Larry Grayson, says it will be 2-1 to Grimsby. He says we'll come from behind, but he always says that!
Posted by: OllieGTFC, September 27, 2016, 6:30pm; Reply: 54
Whatever that lad with long throw can do, mr Zak mills can do better 😏
Posted by: chaos33, September 27, 2016, 6:45pm; Reply: 55
Oh is he playing tonight?
Posted by: totalidiot, September 27, 2016, 6:52pm; Reply: 56
3-1
Vose, Davies, Chambers
Att: 4486

Come on town
Posted by: newarkmariner, September 27, 2016, 7:05pm; Reply: 57
2-1 Bogle and Summerfield,fatty will grab theres
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 10:16pm