Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 18, 2016, 10:23am
Tranmere obviously not happy with the start
Posted by: tintowner, September 18, 2016, 10:36am; Reply: 1
They had a great start winning 5 out of 5...... and were going to urine the league....then reality kicks in with a few bad results.
Posted by: Cloudy, September 18, 2016, 10:36am; Reply: 2
Not surprised he has gone but I am surprised with the timing.

Never rated him but having allowed him to splash the cash and build his team in the summer it seems a little early to change. Didn't they win the first 3 or 4 on the bounce too?
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, September 18, 2016, 10:42am; Reply: 3
Very knee jerk, almost like FGR!
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 18, 2016, 10:43am; Reply: 4
talks a great game but very limited in my opinion
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 18, 2016, 10:44am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
Very knee jerk, almost like FGR!

Maybe some behind the scenes stuff going on aswell
Posted by: conscorner, September 18, 2016, 11:25am; Reply: 6
Gary Mills under pressure from Wrexham fans after their patchy start
Posted by: 97 (Guest), September 18, 2016, 11:30am; Reply: 7
Some of their fans seem to think they'll appoint Adkins. I think they'll be surprised at the fact that few decent league managers would want to drop down. Deluded.
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 18, 2016, 11:35am; Reply: 8

Braintree in relegation places now Danny Cowley has left, how things can change in a short time.
Posted by: grimsby pete, September 18, 2016, 11:36am; Reply: 9
Mike Newell ?
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, September 18, 2016, 11:37am; Reply: 10
Quoted from conscorner

Remember when some on here wanted him to replace hurst?? 😂😂😂😂😂
Posted by: Fat Cobra, September 18, 2016, 11:39am; Reply: 11
Quoted from grimsby pete
Mike Newell ?

Be a good appointment for them Pete, CHDAJATL?
Posted by: 97 (Guest), September 18, 2016, 12:32pm; Reply: 12
Christ I'm glad we're out of that sh1t-storm. Dagenham or FGR will win the league. The rest of them scrapping for that final play off place. Some biggish teams are going to get stuck in that mess for years.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 18, 2016, 1:14pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from conscorner

Buy would not surprise me if Mills ended up at Tranmere.......

Posted by: DocTower, September 18, 2016, 1:22pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from 97
Christ I'm glad we're out of that sh1t-storm. Dagenham or FGR will win the league. The rest of them scrapping for that final play off place. Some biggish teams are going to get stuck in that mess for years.

Strange , how we look to see how the teams we were playing last season are doing  , just glad we're not there now .
Posted by: chaos33, September 18, 2016, 1:50pm; Reply: 15
Ahhh......how I miss the conference and the days when results like theirs yesterday used to come round every few weeks :)
Amuses me to see Tranmere feeling the need to do this. Never rated Brabin much anyway. Long may they wallow in conference mediocrity.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, September 18, 2016, 2:53pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from 97

I agree The Daggers have John Still who knows what to do and FGR, well through I despise them I think their long term building and budget will ultimately pay off this season...................However in real terms I am not that bothered as long as the Gimps don't come up.
Posted by: RichMariner, September 18, 2016, 3:06pm; Reply: 17
I think they could've afforded him some more time. We never started particularly well, yet we always got ourselves into the play-off mix eventually.

Give Fenty his due - I think there were two or three times when we thought he could've given Hurst his P45, but he didn't.

He stood by him during some testing times and we got our reward. Sometimes it pays to play the long game and remain patient.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 18, 2016, 4:24pm; Reply: 18

Remember when some on here wanted him to replace hurst?? 😂😂😂😂😂

Well yes I do. So what? Were we supposed to offer undying loyalty to Hurst even if at the time we seemed to be going nowhere?

Who is to say Mills wouldn't have got us up earlier?

Everybody is as pleased as punch that we are back to where we belong (in the league) but why mock serious discussions we had over several seasons as to whether we had the right man in charge?

Should we never have an opinion in case in hindsight it turns out to be wrong?
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, September 18, 2016, 4:56pm; Reply: 19

Well yes I do. So what? Were we supposed to offer undying loyalty to Hurst even if at the time we seemed to be going nowhere?

Who is to say Mills wouldn't have got us up earlier?

Everybody is as pleased as punch that we are back to where we belong (in the league) but why mock serious discussions we had over several seasons as to whether we had the right man in charge?

Should we never have an opinion in case in hindsight it turns out to be wrong?

Based on the last few seasons I would much doubt very muchly he'd of got us near the play offs, it was more of a gag on looking back how fickle people were.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 18, 2016, 5:01pm; Reply: 20

it was more of a gag

Freudian slip  ;D
Posted by: chaos33, September 18, 2016, 6:40pm; Reply: 21

Based on the last few seasons I would much doubt very muchly he'd of got us near the play offs, it was more of a gag on looking back how fickle people were.

I don't think people were fickle. We were very patient.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 5:01am