Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: fleabag1970, September 17, 2016, 5:32pm
Sorry if this has been covered but I don't often sit in the upper findus ... When were 2 yards taken of the width of the pitch ???
Posted by: Hagrid, September 17, 2016, 5:34pm; Reply: 1
Start of the season i think mate, me and those i sit with said at 1st game that the pitch looked narrower
Posted by: fleabag1970, September 17, 2016, 6:00pm; Reply: 2
Thanks mate , wonder why ?
Posted by: moosey_club, September 17, 2016, 6:19pm; Reply: 3
It's been shrinking since Hurst has been here.
I believe we save 50p on grass cutting throughout the season so well justified.  ;)

Posted by: chaos33, September 17, 2016, 6:29pm; Reply: 4
Yes it has been shrinking. I'd be interested to know the thinking.
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 17, 2016, 8:33pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from moosey_club
I believe we save 50p on grass cutting throughout the season so well justified.  ;)

That is outrageous.
Surely grass cutting would be voluntary. If it's a paid position I would expect JF to know about it  ;)

The groundsman should avoid stairway appraisals !!
Posted by: promotion plaice, September 17, 2016, 8:47pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from fleabag1970
Sorry if this has been covered but I don't often sit in the upper findus ... When were 2 yards taken of the width of the pitch ???

Shush, don't let De Freitas get wind but we've started moving already.     ;D

Posted by: moosey_club, September 17, 2016, 11:23pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Civvy at last

That is outrageous.
Surely grass cutting would be voluntary. If it's a paid position I would expect JF to know about it  ;)

The groundsman should avoid stairway appraisals !!

Calm down....the 50p saving is from less petrol in the mower not the groundsman time.....and voluntary ?!? Give your head a wobble, i reckon plenty would pay for the honour of cutting the hallowed turf....package includes a bag of free grass cuttings as a momento and your own choice regards the patterning of the stripes, or upgrade to the deluxe groundsman package and you can lime wash the touch lines too.
Posted by: oldun, September 19, 2016, 9:14am; Reply: 8
This explains why from where I sit in the Main Stand, Chambers disappeared over the edge after a tackle on Sat as if he had gone down the Grand Canyon.
Posted by: Civvy at last, September 19, 2016, 10:55am; Reply: 9
Quoted from moosey_club

Calm down....the 50p saving is from less petrol in the mower not the groundsman time.....and voluntary ?!? Give your head a wobble, i reckon plenty would pay for the honour of cutting the hallowed turf....package includes a bag of free grass cuttings as a momento and your own choice regards the patterning of the stripes, or upgrade to the deluxe groundsman package and you can lime wash the touch lines too.

What about putting the nets up ?  
I always used to put the nets up home games on Sunday League.  
Posted by: gaz57, September 19, 2016, 12:39pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from moosey_club

Until I read it a second time I thought happy days 50p of grass.  ;)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, September 19, 2016, 3:34pm; Reply: 11
I remember Mike Phillips starting as a YTS on 26 quid a week - wonder if he's had a pay rise?
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 4:13am