Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Simariner, September 16, 2016, 5:33pm
The Crewe team are at the Humber Royal in Grimsby for the night.

Early morning alarm? (cough cough)
Posted by: mariner tommy, September 16, 2016, 5:40pm; Reply: 1
Let them sleep, we will still beat them convincingly, go above them, and storm into the play off positions.
And hopefully stay there all season.

UTM
Posted by: LH, September 16, 2016, 6:14pm; Reply: 2
Electronic warfare - tweet them all night until they turn notifications off or go through every extension number at the hotel until you find one of their rooms.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, September 16, 2016, 6:31pm; Reply: 3
Surprised they can afford to stay at the Humber Royal, I only live around the corner may pop them a visit 😉
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, September 16, 2016, 6:31pm; Reply: 4
Think they should test the fire alarm at 02.30 in the morning.  ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Kris2, September 16, 2016, 6:41pm; Reply: 5
Teams spending the night in a local hotel so they don't have to get up and travel early for a game? What a novel concept I wonder why our club never thought of doing that.
Posted by: Youngy, September 16, 2016, 7:31pm; Reply: 6
Ironically, former Mighty Mariner himself Andy Carr is doing a disco in there tonight......turn the noise up Andy
Posted by: Belfast Town, September 16, 2016, 7:48pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Youngy
Ironically, former Mighty Mariner himself Andy Carr is doing a disco in there tonight......turn the noise up Andy

Brilliant!
Posted by: Badger57, September 16, 2016, 8:24pm; Reply: 8
And tell 'em it's a free bar!
Posted by: KingstonMariner, September 17, 2016, 12:37am; Reply: 9
Quoted from mariner tommy
Let them sleep, we will still beat them convincingly, go above them, and storm into the play off positions.
And hopefully stay there all season.

UTM

I like this approach. Call me old fashioned but.....
Posted by: 75 (Guest), September 17, 2016, 6:15am; Reply: 10
They must be made of money, only a couple of hours or so away.
Posted by: rancido, September 17, 2016, 12:26pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from 75
They must be made of money, only a couple of hours or so away.

I thought that for league games the only remuneration the away team gets is its travelling expenses from the host club. If that is the case then surely we are paying for that and we could also do the same for the game at Crewe unless of course that is an evening match.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, September 17, 2016, 12:35pm; Reply: 12
whats the point in that
We pay for theirs they pay for our, its the same distance either way, so we may as well pay for our own
Posted by: moosey_club, September 17, 2016, 12:41pm; Reply: 13
whats the point in that
We pay for theirs they pay for our, its the same distance either way, so we may as well pay for our own

If we were paying for them then surely the luxury suites at the Blundell Park Hotel would have suited them better ?
A  morning training session for them at Sydney Park,   playing the age old game of..   "is that mud or dogturd on the ball" ..followed by fresh (ish) fish and chips from the mariner chip shop.
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 7:57am