Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Cloudy, August 31, 2016, 10:53am
From Barnsley on loan until the end of the season.

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=86855
Posted by: Simariner, August 31, 2016, 11:00am; Reply: 1
No real experience in league football.......  

Watch this space I Guess.....
Posted by: gtfc98, August 31, 2016, 11:03am; Reply: 2
Welcome Shaun. Looks to be a decent signing, adds competition up top. Now onto a CB! Come on John, let's push the boat out!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, August 31, 2016, 11:06am; Reply: 3
Doesn't seem to have much experience anywhere at anything like L2 level or a particularly good goalscoring record. Just for back up?
Posted by: pizzzza, August 31, 2016, 11:07am; Reply: 4
Wasn't he at Halifax last year? Sure I remember him playing against us when we beat them 7-0.
Posted by: gb, August 31, 2016, 11:11am; Reply: 5
Hopefully give us some options up front. Guess it's a wait and see signing
Posted by: Golden fox, August 31, 2016, 11:13am; Reply: 6
Comparisons with Jamie Vardy apparently . Reading a couple of articles on him it sounds like he's an absolute workhorse . Should be a good signing , maybe as an impact sub .
Posted by: moosey_club, August 31, 2016, 11:13am; Reply: 7
Moved to Barnsley in the Jan transfer window last season....scored 10 goals in 24 for Halifax before he left so not a bad rate at all, albeit a lower level than we are now.

Whats/who is the link with Barnsley now ?  
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 31, 2016, 11:14am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Simariner

Let's not be cynical, give him time.

Welcome Shaun :)
Posted by: forza ivano, August 31, 2016, 11:15am; Reply: 9
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaun_Tuton
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 31, 2016, 11:25am; Reply: 10

I wonder if Kayden Jackson pointed him out to Hurst -

http://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk//news/article/2016-17/shaun-tuton-joins-grimsby-town-on-loan.-3282275.aspx?
Posted by: Davec, August 31, 2016, 11:27am; Reply: 11
That 10 goals in 24 are distorted because Neil Aspin and Darren Kelly shoved him out wide, Jim Harvey put him up front where all his 10 goals come from.

Seems a decent signing to me
Posted by: Posh Harry, August 31, 2016, 11:33am; Reply: 12
I remember him from bt sports highlights show when he was at Halifax. Certainly got an eye for goal and a decent finisher.

Welcome Shaun

UTFM
Posted by: Codswede, August 31, 2016, 11:33am; Reply: 13
Quoted from Davec
That 10 goals in 24 are distorted because Neil Aspin and Darren Kelly shoved him out wide, Jim Harvey put him up front where all his 10 goals come from.

I wonder where Hurst will play him then...  :X
Posted by: Superdan147, August 31, 2016, 11:34am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Davec

I wonder if Jim Harvey played a part in this? He was the pundit along with Paul hurst for the tranmere game on Monday. Happy with our striking options now. Bogle ever improving, Jackson has pace, vernon for experience and Tuton with his work rate. 4 decent options I think. Also chambers if needed.

Really hope we get one quality centre back by the end of the day to shore up this leaky defence and possibly a gk back up. UTM
Posted by: northbankmariner, August 31, 2016, 11:38am; Reply: 15
Welcome to Shaun, hopefully if comparisons were made of him at Halifax to a young Jamie vardy he should have plenty of pace about him and pester the hell out of the defenders in this league, many of which are not too comfortable with the ball in possession. If as was mentioned earlier that his 10 goals came after he was moved to a central position from out wide then yes his goals return is quite decent. He will be looking to push himself and prove himself as a football league player which he hasn't quite done at Barnsley yet, and seeing as they are now a championship club it makes sense for them to give him game time elsewhere and see how he copes with league football. On paper looks a good move for the player and the club. Lets give him a chance to settle in and adapt to our other players over the season and not judge him too early. Give your all Shaun that's all we ask.
Posted by: TheGoalKipper, August 31, 2016, 11:53am; Reply: 16
Sounds like a good piece of business by the club. We all agreed we needed another striker and the club has signed a good one.

Welcome Shaun

Now for a good Centre half please. :)
Posted by: Grim74, August 31, 2016, 11:57am; Reply: 17
Welcome Shaun
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 31, 2016, 12:03pm; Reply: 18
This lad did well in our league and has potential.

Enough for barnsley to beat other clubs to get him so quite happy to have him, we need some experienced league centre back now at least.
Posted by: MarinerGaz, August 31, 2016, 12:04pm; Reply: 19
Scoring 10 in a relatively short time period for a poor team sounds promising, worth a gamble at any rate.
Posted by: Brazilnut, August 31, 2016, 12:06pm; Reply: 20
With Barnsley being Championship and if they stay up then he could get limited chances there...........wonder if we was savvy enough to agree a buying price if he impresses for us ?????
Posted by: Mrbusdriver, August 31, 2016, 12:11pm; Reply: 21
Welcome Shaun tuton

CB now please PH

GK and mission accomplished .....

I believe today will be fine, PH knows we need a CB if he can get the right one he will do the deal clearly.
Posted by: monkeyboy, August 31, 2016, 12:57pm; Reply: 22
From earlier

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/shaun-tuton-rejoins-matlock-town-belper-town/story-20269656-detail/story.html
Posted by: Harry Haddock, August 31, 2016, 1:05pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Codswede

I wonder where Hurst will play him then...  :X

I hear it may be in Nottingham  :X

Welcome Shaun
Posted by: mariner91, August 31, 2016, 1:07pm; Reply: 24
I sat in the Halifax end when they played Lincoln on Boxing day as our game was postponed. He stood out that day, worked harder than any striker I've seen and was fairly quick. Little bits of trickery to his game as well. Certainly a decent option to have IMO, welcome Shaun!
Posted by: Garth, August 31, 2016, 1:16pm; Reply: 25
Welcome Shaun, never going to critisise PH choice of players again, been wrong too many times
Posted by: TheGoalKipper, August 31, 2016, 1:27pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Garth
Welcome Shaun, never going to critisise PH choice of players again, been wrong too many times

Maybe we are now in the league it is just easier to attract better players. He probably had little choice in non league even though he wanted the players. Now he is in a better position and the board are clearly backing him.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 31, 2016, 1:30pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from mariner91
I sat in the Halifax end when they played Lincoln on Boxing day as our game was postponed. He stood out that day, worked harder than any striker I've seen and was fairly quick. Little bits of trickery to his game as well. Certainly a decent option to have IMO, welcome Shaun!

Sounds promising then, welcome aboard Shaun!
Posted by: forza ivano, August 31, 2016, 1:37pm; Reply: 28
our squad looks like a hurst's wish list from non league days!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 31, 2016, 1:40pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Simariner

Same as Omar then....?
Posted by: Abdul19, August 31, 2016, 1:46pm; Reply: 30
Quite. Someone with a lot of experience in league football would be derided as a 'journeyman' or some such.
Posted by: LH, August 31, 2016, 1:51pm; Reply: 31
Other than maybe Matt Rhead has there been any non-league strikers not compared with Jamie Vardy in the last season or two?
Posted by: 120790 (Guest), August 31, 2016, 1:55pm; Reply: 32
Forget the Jamie Vardy comparisons. Just be Shaun Tuton and go out there and make a good name for yourself as Shaun Tuton.

Welcome aboard Shaun and best of luck
Posted by: moosey_club, August 31, 2016, 2:33pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from LH
Other than maybe Matt Rhead has there been any non-league strikers not compared with Jamie Vardy in the last season or two?

Unfair ........i seem to recall Rhead had a bandaged arm at one point ...

couldnt wait for the pie to cool off and burnt his arm on the cooling tray.. :)
Posted by: GtfcGarner, August 31, 2016, 2:38pm; Reply: 34
All the best, work hard and the fans will love you.
Posted by: Maringer, August 31, 2016, 2:42pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from GtfcGarner
All the best, work hard and the fans will love you.

Unless your name is LJL, Tomlinson etc etc.

:)
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 31, 2016, 3:12pm; Reply: 36
Welcome Shaun have you got a mate at Barnsley who can play centre half ?

You could all share a car with Jacko. 8)
Posted by: cannylad68, August 31, 2016, 3:57pm; Reply: 37
I thought we brought in Andrew Boyce to play centre half.
Posted by: Mariner_09, August 31, 2016, 4:00pm; Reply: 38
Nathan Pond? Would you have him back? Just a thought
Posted by: Perkins, August 31, 2016, 4:09pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from cannylad68
I thought we brought in Andrew Boyce to play centre half.

We did, but he doesn't, at least not very well up to now anyway.
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 31, 2016, 4:12pm; Reply: 40
Halifax fans not too enamoured about him!

http://www.theshaymen.net/ipb/index.php?/topic/17381-tuton/
Posted by: Mariner_09, August 31, 2016, 4:16pm; Reply: 41
I wouldn't say we are getting over excited. No idea what he's like so for once have an open mind.
Posted by: monkeyboy, August 31, 2016, 4:37pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from Les Brechin

Crazy fools think they have a chance getting Omar on loan lol.

Welcome Shaun, hope the strop the shaymen are talking about is fiction as our Mr Hurst dont like that sort of thing.

Posted by: acko338, August 31, 2016, 5:05pm; Reply: 43
Why do we always seem to slag players from opponent fan forum opinions without a ball being kicked by the new signings??

If we get his best ever season as a one off like we did with Connell and Amond, then it's worth taking a risk - looks on paper to have some pace and can score a goal or three.

Give him a chance to compete for a place !
Posted by: FC Halifax, September 1, 2016, 2:22pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Les Brechin

Tuton refused to play in a relegation battle game with Welling to orchestrate a move away and spent the rest of season on Barnsley's bench while we got relegated.Left a bitter taste so i would ignore the thread on our forum.Shaun was excellent when he was played in his correct position and was the main reason we got out of bottom 4 at one stage.When he left the goals dryed up(apart from against yous 8)).Will be watching with interest,certainly good at conf level and hope he/you do well this year,after May 22nd Grimsby will always be remembered.Bogle thing was tongue in cheek.

Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 9:47pm