Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Rhys_Mariners, August 27, 2016, 11:20pm
So what do you guys think of him so far? I am very undecided on him at the moment, i feel he has lots of pace and can cross the ball fairly well but doesn't look like he will ever score a goal having missed a couple of sitters today and a couple at Wycombe also.

Do you think he will improve?
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, August 27, 2016, 11:26pm; Reply: 1
Hasn't he managed a few assists already this season? Still early days I thought he looked good in the Orient game.
Posted by: Mariner_09, August 27, 2016, 11:30pm; Reply: 2
Some people around me were critising him. Think he tracks back well and does old fashioned wing play but nothing very exciting. I think he will be valuable but mainly as a squad player when Tombola finds form and feet and Browne his fitness.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 27, 2016, 11:35pm; Reply: 3
Filled Arnold's boots nicely i think. Very similar in a lot of ways. So far so good for me.
Posted by: Kris2, August 27, 2016, 11:49pm; Reply: 4
He's done well in the last couple of games makes some decent runs and can cross and find a pass. Think he was outshone on the wing by a quality Vose performance today but he did well. Has pace and can make space to bring others into play.
Posted by: davmariner, August 28, 2016, 12:43am; Reply: 5
Looks a useful player to me. Think he'll score goals as the seasons goes on.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, August 28, 2016, 6:34am; Reply: 6
Looks a class act to me as pace and is tricky he will score goals just needs that first one and he will be away.
Posted by: Davec, August 28, 2016, 7:02am; Reply: 7
I don't think he'll score many goals, his past record at previous clubs will back that up but I think he's capable enough player, he's a grafter, absolute work horse.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 28, 2016, 7:03am; Reply: 8
Think he's been really good in the last 2 games and didn't get a start before that. He might need a goal to boost his confidence, but if he carries on playing like this he'll do for me
Posted by: BrickTop, August 28, 2016, 7:15am; Reply: 9
Not sure how much he can improve. Yesterday he worked hard for the team, tracked back when needed and helped the attack. He looks a good player to me. Not sure how many goals you're expecting from a guy playing RM.
If he puts in the same type of performance in every game as yesterday he'll be an asset.
UTM
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 28, 2016, 8:37am; Reply: 10
At out level he looks like a good player with a good attitude and seems to be getting batter each game, I think he will feature quite a lot as PH like work rate, don't see him scoring too many but you never know.

I get that people are not convinced about him but I am not 100% sure about Berret, Summerfield or either full back (as defenders) yet to be honest.

But......... 5 games in and we are getting better and have scored in each game, it will be a bumpy ride this season but we will be o.k.  
Posted by: lee65, August 28, 2016, 8:41am; Reply: 11
Played well yesterday, and looks to me like he has only just reached full fitness

As said previously, his work rate and tracking back will make him a PH favourite, so he will start a lot of games this season.
He looked better going forward yesterday than previously with more pace and purpose, he could be a really good signing
Posted by: chaos33, August 28, 2016, 8:55am; Reply: 12
Quoted from MuddyWaters
Think he's been really good in the last 2 games and didn't get a start before that. He might need a goal to boost his confidence, but if he carries on playing like this he'll do for me

Agree with this.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 28, 2016, 9:14am; Reply: 13
Quoted from HertsGTFC
At out level he looks like a good player with a good attitude and seems to be getting batter each game, I think he will feature quite a lot as PH like work rate, don't see him scoring too many but you never know.

I get that people are not convinced about him but I am not 100% sure about Berret, Summerfield or either full back (as defenders) yet to be honest.

But......... 5 games in and we are getting better and have scored in each game, it will be a bumpy ride this season but we will be o.k.  

I get your point about their defensive side but their use of the ball is the best I've seen at Town for years. There were several occasions yesterday when Davies and Andrew's distribution started chance-creating moves. Amongst many second half highlights was a 60 yard ball from Andrew that Chambers controlled and went by a defender in one touch.
Posted by: oldun, August 28, 2016, 9:25am; Reply: 14
Chambers is doing well. Against Orient he was the stand out player. Did well again yesterday but outshone by Bogle and Vose. Nevertheless he was always available, tracked back well made good runs and crossed well. He will score goals and we could do worse than try him up top alongside Bogle with Tombola playing on the right. I agree that PH will keep him wide due to his defensive capabilities. Oh he also played with a smile on his face, so clearly settling I well.
Posted by: Grantley, August 28, 2016, 9:42am; Reply: 15
Chambers doesn't look like a striker. He looks like a very good winger.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 28, 2016, 9:52am; Reply: 16
Cant remember him missing sitters yesterday ?

First half he put one across the box for Bogle which i think Bogle could have slid in on and second half he tried to stand one up for Vernon rather than shoot himself.

Was on the fence during pre-season regards him but he is looking to have settled in now to me.
Posted by: thevera, August 28, 2016, 9:56am; Reply: 17
Quoted from moosey_club
Cant remember him missing sitters yesterday ?

First half he put one across the box for Bogle which i think Bogle could have slid in on and second half he tried to stand one up for Vernon rather than shoot himself.

Was on the fence during pre-season regards him but he is looking to have settled in now to me.

Me neither I remember late on he was disappointed with not putting one away but it certainly wasn't a sitter.
Last couple of weeks I think he has played very well.
Posted by: LH, August 28, 2016, 10:19am; Reply: 18
I don't think he'll get as many goals as Arnold did from a similar position but he will get a few and be an important player in a better league. He was very good against Orient and unlucky not to score when he stood on the ball rather than striking it.

For the second week running - our problems don't lie in attacking positions. Once we iron out the defensive errors we'll be in a good position to push on for the upper reaches of the table.
Posted by: Garth, August 28, 2016, 10:35am; Reply: 19
He has not got the shooting power of Arnold but is more consistent and as such I`m in
Posted by: acko338, August 28, 2016, 6:13pm; Reply: 20
A speedy winger on either flank who produce scoring chaqnces for the strikers will suit me.

Odd couple of goals and double figures of assists will make the team shoot up this league.

Still unhappy with goals against though, and think we need to discover another Futcher, or an up and comer from a league above to have the pace that is not quite there yet.

McKeown doesn't seem to trust his defenders to do the job, so goes on walkabout to try to fix it, then is out of position himself.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 28, 2016, 8:26pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I get your point about their defensive side but their use of the ball is the best I've seen at Town for years. There were several occasions yesterday when Davies and Andrew's distribution started chance-creating moves. Amongst many second half highlights was a 60 yard ball from Andrew that Chambers controlled and went by a defender in one touch.

Cant disagree with that, if only we had the personnel to play 3 at the back, Andrew and Davies would make great wing backs.  
Posted by: Mikey, August 28, 2016, 8:46pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Cant disagree with that, if only we had the personnel to play 3 at the back, Andrew and Davies would make great wing backs.  

Maybe it'd be good to set up like that when we play teams near the top of the league away from home?
McKeown
Boyce Pearson Gowling
Davies Summerfield McAllister Disley Andrew
Jackson Bogle

good counter attacking team maybe?
Posted by: Bigdog, August 28, 2016, 8:55pm; Reply: 23
Ashley Chambers, good player for League Two..
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 8:43am