Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jock dock tower, August 27, 2016, 10:35am
Seeing a post on another thread about someone "crying as much as the next man at Wembley" after Arnold's goal went in, it made me realise I was far from alone. When it went in I cried uncontrollably for about a minute, and thought "you silly old git, 62 years old and crying at a football match" then I turned around and the four or five guys behind me were doing the same.

Did you cry, or did you man up?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 27, 2016, 10:40am; Reply: 1
I was at work John listening to commentary and I must admit when Tondeur did the lead up to the goal I was in tears myself, (pulling signal levers in tears!  :o)
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, August 27, 2016, 10:41am; Reply: 2
Hell yeah. Myself and ska face had to take solice in the bar at the premier inn to get over it 😜
Posted by: BrickTop, August 27, 2016, 10:47am; Reply: 3
I went into shock, I usually celebrate every goal like the energizer bunny but, that moment was stunning beyond belief.
UTM
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 27, 2016, 10:50am; Reply: 4
Quoted from jock dock tower
Seeing a post on another thread about someone "crying as much as the next man at Wembley" after Arnold's goal went in, it made me realise I was far from alone. When it went in I cried uncontrollably for about a minute, and thought "you silly old git, 62 years old and crying at a football match" then I turned around and the four or five guys behind me were doing the same.

Did you cry, or did you man up?

Hell yes. Think it may have been my post you're referring to. Much as I appreciate the efforts of clubs like Guiseley, Braintree and Bromley to get to Conference level, it's a place I dread us returning to - basically, it was an outpouring of 6 years of grief to me, turned into days and weeks of ecstasy that followed.
Posted by: Davec, August 27, 2016, 10:52am; Reply: 5
I remember shouting over and over again "we've done it, we've done it" then I just cried my eyes out
Posted by: Meza, August 27, 2016, 10:54am; Reply: 6
I didn't cry......i was laughing like a lunatic
Posted by: Brazilnut, August 27, 2016, 10:59am; Reply: 7
me and my lad in each others arms crying ......and i didnt care what i looked like
Posted by: Madeleymariner, August 27, 2016, 11:01am; Reply: 8
Nope, but went absolutely loopy
Posted by: Grim74, August 27, 2016, 11:02am; Reply: 9
don't know about cry babies more cry ladies.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, August 27, 2016, 11:09am; Reply: 10
Roaring my eyes out.
Posted by: Japers, August 27, 2016, 11:24am; Reply: 11
My son who sadly does not have a huge interest in football , but came to have a day out with the old man , looked at me and said "dad , why you crying."
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 27, 2016, 12:06pm; Reply: 12
I just sat there in shock,

We have done it we have bloody well done it,!!!!!!!!

Then I shed a tear or two.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, August 27, 2016, 12:23pm; Reply: 13
When Arnold scored THAT goal the chap next to me just hugged me and went mental we were both crying with joy. Only GTFC can do that to me. Basturds lol. :) :) :)
Posted by: Freemoash88, August 27, 2016, 12:26pm; Reply: 14
Yeah I'll own up I hugged my uncle and started crying. The last time I felt like that was the performance against Spurs and then when I was a young lad at Wembley 98.

It makes you proud and especially after all the excrement hurst and the players got last season.
Posted by: chaos33, August 27, 2016, 12:28pm; Reply: 15
I didn't cry at the game itself when that clinching goal went in - I just celebrated wildly, but, pretty much every time I've watched it back I have got quite emotional let's say.
Posted by: Badger57, August 27, 2016, 12:32pm; Reply: 16
59 jumping up and down blubbing like a good 'un and I'm proud to admit it!!!
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 27, 2016, 12:36pm; Reply: 17
I cried when my baby boy was born but not when that goal went in.

I understand why some would but not for me, i love GTFC all the same.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 27, 2016, 12:49pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I cried when my baby boy was born but not when that goal went in.

I understand why some would but not for me, i love GTFC all the same.

Don't you find Johnny you become more emotional when you're a father, since my 2 children have been born I've  become an emotional wreck. ;D
Posted by: jonnyboy82, August 27, 2016, 12:52pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from cmackenzie4

Don't you find Johnny you become more emotional when you're a father, since my 2 children have been born I've  become an emotional wreck. ;D

And skint  ;D !

Wouldnt change them for the world though mate.

Ok maybe the lottery
Posted by: Meza, August 27, 2016, 1:07pm; Reply: 20
Wait till they reach their teens Chris......talk about kevin (from kevin and perry) my 13 is hard work lol.  My 6 your is worse because he is autistic and has adhd and when hes on one omfg lol.
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 27, 2016, 2:20pm; Reply: 21
The emotions that came from Arnolds goal was the result of years of frustration, years of broken hope, years of being humiliated, years of fear of losing the club altogether. I stood there open mouthed, unable to move for a few seconds with tears in my eyes, then over whelming joy, mixed with hysteria as I jumped around yelling yes over an over.

Anytime since watching Arnolds goal, I sit there and my eyes well up as I watch Arnold beat the keeper to score but  as I see his face as he runs away there comes a strong emotional sensation within that almost makes me breathless.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 27, 2016, 2:24pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Meza
I didn't cry......i was laughing like a lunatic

I was the same, you couldn't even dream it :)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, August 27, 2016, 2:25pm; Reply: 23
Dave mores reaction is priceless just takes it all in his stride and it looks like he's thinking enjoy it ya buggers you have done it finally.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, August 27, 2016, 2:28pm; Reply: 24
In years to come when an 100 year old Michael Aspel interviews Arnold and asks his best goal was he'd definitely say that one :)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, August 27, 2016, 2:31pm; Reply: 25
Dave mores reaction is priceless just takes it all in his stride and it looks like he's thinking enjoy it ya buggers you have done it finally.
Posted by: livosnose, August 27, 2016, 2:45pm; Reply: 26
After attempting to drink 4 pints at half time I lost my friends , watched second half on my own and cried my eyes out ......couldn't help myself !
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, August 27, 2016, 3:32pm; Reply: 27
I was too busy bouncing up and down hugging the random stranger sat to my right and my Dad, I think I was in too much shock to cry really I was in complete awe
Posted by: bluerose13x, August 27, 2016, 5:32pm; Reply: 28
I didn't cry during the match, or after. I was perfectly calm surprisingly.

My moment was at 9.30am that matchday morning, popping out my Wembley area hotel for a walk round the almost deserted outside stadium concourse I found myself breaking down in floods of tears thinking I couldn't take another defeat and wasted year. It totally surprised how emotional I was at 5 or so hours before kick off. Remember telling myself to sort myself out and I had to exit the area back to hotel to calm myself down/
Posted by: topuphere666, August 27, 2016, 5:49pm; Reply: 29
No tears for me. But a ridiculous amount of relief. I couldn't even contemplate us losing and a game is always on the edge when 2-1 up!
Posted by: BeijingMariner, August 27, 2016, 6:41pm; Reply: 30
i didnt cry because i cant really do that anymore but i can certainly say that the result kept me awake and kind of meditating on what my life was all about, and Nathan's goal cemented certain things in my mind
Posted by: tintowner, August 27, 2016, 6:53pm; Reply: 31
Some young lad in the row in front of me turned round to embrace me...and I accidentally nutted him.......but he wasn't bothered.

It was....without a doubt..... the best feeling I have ever had at any football match.
Posted by: jock dock tower, August 27, 2016, 11:37pm; Reply: 32
It really was something else, eh?
Posted by: iimariner, August 28, 2016, 12:24am; Reply: 33
Yep - cried......then me and my mate ended up in a pub in Marylebone buying champagne surrounded by unhappy Villa fans
Posted by: gary_elton, August 28, 2016, 3:10am; Reply: 34
leapt about like a demented epileptic spider on crack.... then remembered I had my
girlfriends autistic son with me... I turned to him... and he was doing exactly the same....
then we were hugging each other and laughing uncontrollably.... tears were shed... awesome....

reminded me of that first Wembley win....  happy days.... (thumbup2)
Posted by: lobsterpot, August 28, 2016, 7:26am; Reply: 35
Didnt cry when my last baby was born but oh yes Arnold!! That's sealed it! ;) I squeezed my lad that hard for what seemed like an age. Kept telling him we've done it over and over again. I can remember thinking i was squeezing him that hard it mustve been hurting him as he finally levered my arm from around his almost broken ribcage. I also elbowed him in the windpipe in 1 of the goals. Sorry Cal x He asked me why i was crying at 2-0 up. After Arnold scored he was crying aswell. He'd never seen a league game until this season. I'm sure that's 1 of many factors for grown men in floods of tears. Thinking about the absolute dross the kids have had to endure. Trying to get them interested over the years. Fighting a losing battle to premiership tops in sports direct. Then finally, they want to support town! Im sure lots of here remember the notorious STB? Well, i will always remember staring at him a few rows infront of me, him staring back, doing the exact same thing...eyes welled up constantly repeating weve done it and crushing the living daylights out of his little lad. Also just remembered spilling into the concourse, seeing a mob of about 8 chums, and all doing the circle hug jumping up and down spin around like a merry go round thing as if we'd won a lottery syndicate. Good times my friends ::)
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 28, 2016, 8:32am; Reply: 36
Shed the odd tear in relief rather than emotion...........I just remember swearing a lot especially when Nolan carried the ball forward for Nathan's goal........."Just run it into the fcuking corner " or something similar followed about 15 seconds by a massive "YES"!!!!

Posted by: TheExiledMariner_Dubai, August 28, 2016, 12:27pm; Reply: 37
balled my eyes out !!!
Posted by: forza ivano, August 28, 2016, 1:45pm; Reply: 38
balled my eyes out !!!

Me too. Just the relief and kept repeating ' we've done it, thank god, at last we've done it'
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 29, 2016, 12:43pm; Reply: 39
Nah. Me? Never. I must admit I did get a little over emotional and stood up to clap.  ;)
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 29, 2016, 1:42pm; Reply: 40
Strangely enough, the best moment of the day for me was before the match even started.
Stood outside the torch watching my 16 year old son loving every single minute of it.  He was absolutely buzzing. He was stood on a bench, singing his heart out and frantically looking round hoping to see any of his school mates. I just stood there and thought. Days like this make it all worthwhile.
For me personally, after the game was probably just pure relief. Let's hope our grandchildren get to have some of these days as well.
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 6:33pm