Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Poll Data Not Available with Printable Version
Posted by: ginnywings, August 24, 2016, 9:28am
Transfer window shuts a week today. How many new players do you think we will have in the squad by then? Not how many you think we should have but how many we will actually manage to bring in.

I'm going for 2.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, August 24, 2016, 9:30am; Reply: 1
I think two too but hoping we see three.
Posted by: Simariner, August 24, 2016, 9:37am; Reply: 2
PH has been trying to bring players in and has been struggling.

I think its the Grimsby thing with location not suiting other players..
Posted by: GrimRob, August 24, 2016, 9:47am; Reply: 3
Is it also the deadline for season long loans?
Posted by: AdamHaddock, August 24, 2016, 9:57am; Reply: 4
Two. I predict a young centre half on loan and a goalscorer
Posted by: ginnywings, August 24, 2016, 9:58am; Reply: 5
Quoted from GrimRob
Is it also the deadline for season long loans?

Yes.

The only players that can be brought in after Aug 31st are those that become unattached before that date.
Posted by: gtfcmd, August 24, 2016, 10:55am; Reply: 6
maybe end up panic buying to make numbers up seen as he struggling to attract players
Posted by: chaos33, August 24, 2016, 11:05am; Reply: 7
Would like at least 3. Think we might get 1.
Posted by: moosey_club, August 24, 2016, 11:29am; Reply: 8
5 !!

1 of.... announced as "a long term target that we tried to sign last summer"
1 of ... "full back but he has played centre back and can do a job anywhere across the back four or even midfield "
1 of ... "they have a high regard for him at his parent club, has pace and scored alot at youth level"
1 of ... "can play either wide or up front and gives us competition in these areas"
1 of ... "he is experienced at this level and has good strength, will give us another option up front which we dont have currently"
Posted by: Les Brechin, August 24, 2016, 12:39pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from moosey_club
5 !!

1 of ... "full back but he has played centre back and can do a job anywhere across the back four or even midfield "
1 of ... "they have a high regard for him at his parent club, has pace and scored alot at youth level"
1 of ... "can play either wide or up front and gives us competition in these areas"
1 of ... "he is experienced at this level and has good strength, will give us another option up front which we dont have currently"

How about another keeper to keep McKeown on his toes. Even if it just a young pro at a Prem or Championship side on loan, although I hear that Joe Hart is looking for a new team!
Posted by: BackHeelTony, August 24, 2016, 1:06pm; Reply: 10
Heard from a good source that ph is going to watch 2 players this week
Posted by: Abdul19, August 24, 2016, 1:08pm; Reply: 11
I'd like to see us sign a centre midfielder who can "do a job" on either flank.
Posted by: lee65, August 24, 2016, 7:53pm; Reply: 12
Is there still "emergency loan" in place for keepers outside any window?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 24, 2016, 8:28pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from moosey_club
5 !!

Bloomin' eck - looks like JF will have to break his piggy bank!
Posted by: ginnywings, August 24, 2016, 8:35pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from lee65
Is there still "emergency loan" in place for keepers outside any window?

I think there is a provision for clubs to allow them to take a keeper on loan if they do not have a fit keeper on the books who has made at least 5 senior appearances. So if Macca and Warrington were not fit, we wouldn't be expected to throw a youth teamer in.

There is also provision for 6 month loan deals, along with season long loans, so in theory, you could take one of those at the start of the season and end it in Jan if it wasn't working out for either party. This of course applies to any player, not just keepers.

This article makes interesting reading, with mention of loan players being allowed to play first team footy for the loan club or reserve footy for the parent club during a loan spell.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/12162020/Football-League-bypasses-Fifa-emergency-loan-ban.html
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 11:11pm