Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Superdan147, August 21, 2016, 10:37pm
Just wondering if anyone has any old Grimsby town shirts they may be willing to part with for good money. I have quite an impressive collection already but looking to add further.

Even if your not willing to sell, I'd be intrigued to find out what people do have :)

UTM
Posted by: MarinerMart, August 21, 2016, 10:54pm; Reply: 1
Won't be selling any but mine go back for quite a few years....would have to go through them to tell you oldest one I have.
Posted by: Superdan147, August 21, 2016, 10:57pm; Reply: 2
Thank you :) have to let me know! Would love to know what classics people have :)
Posted by: Mariner_09, August 21, 2016, 11:00pm; Reply: 3
All the way back to 2004 for me, 16 and already filling a whole massive draw with various GTFC paraphernalia!
Posted by: Superdan147, August 21, 2016, 11:03pm; Reply: 4
I have the 1989/1990 home shirt and a number from the 90s home and away. Would love to get hold of some 80s ones!
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 21, 2016, 11:22pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Superdan147
Just wondering if anyone has any old Grimsby town shirts they may be willing to part with for good money. I have quite an impressive collection already but looking to add further.

Even if your not willing to sell, I'd be intrigued to find out what people do have :)

UTM

Hmmmnnnnnnnn

Posted by: Superdan147, August 21, 2016, 11:38pm; Reply: 6
Hmm? What you got 😏
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, August 22, 2016, 8:56am; Reply: 7
Admiral Findus 81 😊
Posted by: Superdan147, August 22, 2016, 9:07am; Reply: 8
To sell?!? 😋😏
Posted by: Simariner, August 22, 2016, 9:45am; Reply: 9
I'm a bit of a collector too. I have a decent collection from the 90's and always on the look out.
The earliest I have is the 90-91 home shirt

But.....  I also have a made replica of the 80/81 Admiral home shirt with the Findus 'flag' logo which is my pride and joy
Posted by: Simariner, August 22, 2016, 9:45am; Reply: 10
Quoted from Bristol Mariner
Admiral Findus 81 😊

Ohhhh same here   8)
Posted by: moosey_club, August 22, 2016, 9:58am; Reply: 11
i would actually like to know when the first official replica club shirt went on sale as from my memory i dont think it was until late 80's ??
Prior to that you would have to go to a general sports shop..Norris the Rubber Man or Coffer Sports and buy an indentikit box set of a black and white shirt with matching shorts and socks which they would sell as Grimsby/Newcastle etc etc.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, August 22, 2016, 10:00am; Reply: 12
Also got a Hobbot
Posted by: Superdan147, August 22, 2016, 10:08am; Reply: 13
Name your price then Bristol mariner 😏
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, August 22, 2016, 12:10pm; Reply: 14
Was discussing elsewhere trying to commission a replica Adidas one as they are the holy grail, and impossible in Jacamo sizes. If anyone knows how to do such a thing please lerrus know.
Posted by: bradzmilne, August 22, 2016, 12:21pm; Reply: 15
Been looking for one for a few years now , can't get one for love nor money in a large size - bar the more common ones. Frustrating too say the least !
Posted by: arryarryarry, August 22, 2016, 3:31pm; Reply: 16
Got a blue away one with CIBA on the front.
Posted by: Superdan147, August 22, 2016, 3:37pm; Reply: 17
Surely there is someone out there with a good collection, and hopefully someone willing to sell 😏 80s shirts 🙏🙏🙏
Posted by: 97 (Guest), August 22, 2016, 3:43pm; Reply: 18
Like someone else has said, I don't remember replica shirts going on general sale until 1989-90.

We had other priorities as I recall. Anyone else remember the very low quality programme which featured during the Bobby Roberts period. We were very much a club on its bottom back then.
Posted by: grimps, August 22, 2016, 3:57pm; Reply: 19
Ive got the 82 Adidas home shirt , If i had a clue how to put photos on here post a pic  ;)
Posted by: Simariner, August 22, 2016, 4:01pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Superdan147
Surely there is someone out there with a good collection, and hopefully someone willing to sell 😏 80s shirts 🙏🙏🙏

Unfortunately 80's shirts will be player worn shirts and they'll be rocking horse sh1t....

Here is the list of GTFC home shirts and as others have said I'm sure it was 89 onwards when they were available to buy...

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Grimsby_Town/Grimsby_Town.htm

I have about 25 pre yr2000 home and away shirts that ive collected over the years. Some ive given away and hung up in bars in Benidorm to only buy them back on Ebay in recent years  :B :-/

Posted by: mariner83, August 22, 2016, 4:04pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from grimps
Ive got the 82 Adidas home shirt , If i had a clue how to put photos on here post a pic  ;)

Upload it to [url=https://postimage.org]https://postimage.org[/url]

Then use the [img]   Tags link on the post

Code
[img]https://s14.postimg.org/k9yyswwst/image.jpg[/img]

Posted by: Superdan147, August 22, 2016, 4:12pm; Reply: 22
https://s10.postimg.io/f9d9723q1/image.png

I'd pay serious money for any of these!!
Posted by: Welwynmariner, August 22, 2016, 5:12pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from 97
Like someone else has said, I don't remember replica shirts going on general sale until 1989-90.

I remember there were other kids at school who had the b/w pin stripe shirts in the mid 1960's. Personally I had a round neck version from Norris the Rubber man (Clee GS played in black and white stripes so it was obligatory). My mother gave it away to someone who lived down the road after I had gone to Uni.
Posted by: Simariner, August 22, 2016, 5:49pm; Reply: 24
[![image.jpg](https://s13.postimg.org/b2lm09jd3/image.jpg)](https://postimg.org/image/chn6ozkg3/)
Posted by: Superdan147, August 22, 2016, 5:53pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Simariner

I'd love one of these
Posted by: Superdan147, August 22, 2016, 5:55pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from Bristol Mariner
Also got a Hobbot

Let me know if you ever fancy selling it 😏
Posted by: Superdan147, August 22, 2016, 5:57pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from grimps

I'd love to see this! Interested in selling 😏
Posted by: mariner83, August 22, 2016, 6:19pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from Simariner

Si, use the direct link and put [img]  tags [/ img] (no spaces) at the ends so it looks like this:

Code
[img]https://s13.postimg.org/b2lm09jd3/image.jpg[/img]

[img]https://s13.postimg.org/b2lm09jd3/image.jpg[/img]
Posted by: Superdan147, August 22, 2016, 6:59pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from arryarryarry
Got a blue away one with CIBA on the front.

To sell?! 😏
Posted by: jock dock tower, August 22, 2016, 7:08pm; Reply: 30
Gave a Foodtown one away a couple of yars back as I couldn't get into it any more.
Posted by: Superdan147, August 22, 2016, 7:33pm; Reply: 31
https://s10.postimg.io/vaimbd609/image.jpg

Anyone got any to improve this further? I have the 90/91 home sihirt also bit missing from the pic
Posted by: Reverendmariner, August 22, 2016, 9:19pm; Reply: 32
I've got a nice TOFFS 1971 one and a horrible nylon-type thing with white sleeves and no badge from the mid-70's.
Posted by: lobsterpot, August 22, 2016, 9:26pm; Reply: 33
I sold my collection 2 years ago but up until then i had every shirt home, away and 3rd if available from 1990 onwards bar about 5 of them. I have a friend who has an even better set than i had tho!!! The best shirts were the ribero yellow/red and the ribero bacon grill pink from 90/91in my opinion. I might have a couple in the loft spare to add to your collection but nothing hardcore if i find some i'll pm you Dan.
Posted by: Superdan147, August 22, 2016, 9:39pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from lobsterpot
I sold my collection 2 years ago but up until then i had every shirt home, away and 3rd if available from 1990 onwards bar about 5 of them. I have a friend who has an even better set than i had tho!!! The best shirts were the ribero yellow/red and the ribero bacon grill pink from 90/91in my opinion. I might have a couple in the loft spare to add to your collection but nothing hardcore if i find some i'll pm you Dan.

Wish you still had them available ! And please do :)
Posted by: Superdan147, August 22, 2016, 9:40pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from Reverendmariner
I've got a nice TOFFS 1971 one and a horrible nylon-type thing with white sleeves and no badge from the mid-70's.

Any chance of selling the horrible white nylon one 😏
Posted by: grimps, August 22, 2016, 10:42pm; Reply: 36

https://postimg.org/image/dmkqjgkjl/

Not sure if this works but my adidas town top
Posted by: Superdan147, August 22, 2016, 10:50pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from grimps

https://postimg.org/image/dmkqjgkjl/

Not sure if this works but my adidas town top

Is this a remake or original??? Guessing remake?
Posted by: grimps, August 22, 2016, 10:53pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from Superdan147

Is this a remake or original??? Guessing remake?

I bought it off eBay about 5 years ago , it was sold as an original.
If it was a remake id expect we'd be seeing a lot more of them around
Posted by: Superdan147, August 22, 2016, 11:04pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from grimps

I bought it off eBay about 5 years ago , it was sold as an original.
If it was a remake id expect we'd be seeing a lot more of them around

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?
Posted by: grimps, August 22, 2016, 11:09pm; Reply: 40
I can't remember the exact price now , think it was about £100
Posted by: Superdan147, August 23, 2016, 12:00am; Reply: 41
Quoted from grimps
I can't remember the exact price now , think it was about £100

Cool :) give me a shout if you ever fancy selling ;-)
Posted by: Grim74, August 23, 2016, 7:36am; Reply: 42
Quoted from 97

We had other priorities as I recall. Anyone else remember the very low quality programme which featured during the Bobby Roberts period. We were very much a club on its bottom back then.

I know the big clubs Replica shirts were selling well before 88-89 because in 1985 I walked out of Norris the rubber man with the full Liverpool kit complete with Patrick Liverpool trainers, happy days loved that shop.
Posted by: Grim74, August 23, 2016, 7:45am; Reply: 43
Quoted from grimps

This shirt was probably the best looking shirt we ever did wear I'd easily pay 100 for one. Doubt we will ever see town in a top branded shirt ever again all I seem to remember since the early 80s is cheap excrement Italian.
Posted by: grimps, August 23, 2016, 7:46am; Reply: 44
Yeah I had an Everton shirt that I got from the Sunday market around 83 time , I doubt it was a real one though  ;D
Posted by: Simariner, August 23, 2016, 8:23am; Reply: 45
Has anyone got the pin stripe shirt 93-94 ?
I have 3 of them and they are all different.  
One has an embroidered badge which I think there was a limited number like that.
One has the badge over a pin stripe and the other between the pin stripes
Posted by: Codswede, August 23, 2016, 9:03am; Reply: 46
I'll sell you my Jarvis one for 4 tins of Special Brew.
Posted by: Superdan147, August 23, 2016, 10:49am; Reply: 47
Quoted from Simariner
Has anyone got the pin stripe shirt 93-94 ?
I have 3 of them and they are all different.  
One has an embroidered badge which I think there was a limited number like that.
One has the badge over a pin stripe and the other between the pin stripes

I have one, it's one of my favourites, not embroider badge though
Posted by: Superdan147, August 23, 2016, 11:15am; Reply: 48
Has anyone got last seasons shirt to sell? Size xl if possible :)
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, August 23, 2016, 11:38am; Reply: 49
I had a 1971 shirt (Purchased from Sports Supply who found that GTFC shirts were made by Bukta) but the fabric perished around 1995 when I binned it ! Wish I had kept it. I was one of very few then to wear a 'replica' shirt.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, August 23, 2016, 12:11pm; Reply: 50
So if we were able to find a supplier to make a replica Adidas one who'd be in?
Posted by: Superdan147, August 23, 2016, 12:16pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Me for sure !!
Posted by: grimps, August 23, 2016, 12:16pm; Reply: 52
Not me because I still have an original Adidas  ??)
Posted by: LH, August 23, 2016, 12:25pm; Reply: 53
Definitely. Seem to remember someone trying but there were copyright issues as both the Town and Adidas badges were copyrighted.
Posted by: Superdan147, August 23, 2016, 12:26pm; Reply: 54
Quoted from grimps
Not me because I still have an original Adidas  ??)

Picture? If you fancy selling name your price 😏
Posted by: grimps, August 23, 2016, 12:30pm; Reply: 55
I put a pic up last night mate , it's not really worth selling to be honest.
I paid around a £100 for it and I doubt I'd get anymore for it now
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 23, 2016, 12:31pm; Reply: 56

I still have somewhere an Adidas tracksuit that I bought off a market stall in Bahrain 2003 for $3.00
Apart from the fact it says 'Addidas' and has four stripes you would never know.  If anyone's prepared to pay the air fare I'm quite happy to price the job up !!!
Posted by: grimps, August 23, 2016, 12:35pm; Reply: 57
Did you happen to venture into Diggers when you was in Bahrian Civvy ?
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, August 23, 2016, 12:36pm; Reply: 58
[img]https://postimg.org/image/wl0qvvv8l/

Posted by: Bristol Mariner, August 23, 2016, 12:38pm; Reply: 59
Not sure that worked, left Admital badge with out favourite comedian
Posted by: davmariner, August 23, 2016, 12:46pm; Reply: 60

I would be.
Posted by: Bristol Mariner, August 23, 2016, 12:48pm; Reply: 61
I've looked into it, realistically China. SiMariner and I have a dream 😉
Posted by: Heisenberg, August 23, 2016, 12:59pm; Reply: 62

Me, 100%!

And whilst I'd love the old-style shirt, I also wonder if the club could consider Adidas for their next kit?  I have always thought the styling of their stuff is easily the best of the big manufacturers, and for many years now.  A simple V-neck, no collar, would look great with the 3 stripes down the arm.  I would also, controversially, drop any red from the kit too!!  Yes, I know, it would look like we were copying Juventus, but I'm shameless with that!

We're back in the big time now, we should push the boat out and get Adidas on board.  Whilst I like most of the Errea efforts, their training gear and general fashion wear is really poor, both in styling and quality.  If we had Adidas polo shirts, hoodies, track suits and sweaters in the club shop I reckon we'd sell much, much more than we currently do.  If you go in the club shop of any large club (very rare for me to do so, admittedly) there's dozens of items I'd buy if they had our badge on them, whereas at Town really the team shirt is the only thing that's any good.  I think the club are missing a trick.
Posted by: LH, August 23, 2016, 2:39pm; Reply: 63
It's not like Man Utd getting adidas on board - it's the same as a Sunday team getting them. We only get a pick of what's available at the time in their teamwear range. I don't know but imagine for the training gear it's much the same with Errea with only our kit being bespoke (or adapted from other teamwear stuff...).
Posted by: Grim74, August 23, 2016, 2:50pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from Heisenberg

Me, 100%!

And whilst I'd love the old-style shirt, I also wonder if the club could consider Adidas for their next kit?  I have always thought the styling of their stuff is easily the best of the big manufacturers, and for many years now.  A simple V-neck, no collar, would look great with the 3 stripes down the arm.  I would also, controversially, drop any red from the kit too!!  Yes, I know, it would look like we were copying Juventus, but I'm shameless with that!

We're back in the big time now, we should push the boat out and get Adidas on board.  Whilst I like most of the Errea efforts, their training gear and general fashion wear is really poor, both in styling and quality.  If we had Adidas polo shirts, hoodies, track suits and sweaters in the club shop I reckon we'd sell much, much more than we currently do.  If you go in the club shop of any large club (very rare for me to do so, admittedly) there's dozens of items I'd buy if they had our badge on them, whereas at Town really the team shirt is the only thing that's any good.  I think the club are missing a trick.

I don't think Adidas would agree we are back in the big time they would probably think we would look bad for their image.
Posted by: lobsterpot, August 23, 2016, 5:39pm; Reply: 65
Sent you a PM Dan....
Posted by: WetFlannel, August 23, 2016, 6:21pm; Reply: 66
Wouldn't take Adidas copy and paste efforts over getting bespoke shirts with Errea, who's shirts look and feel better than most Adidas efforts anyway TBH
Posted by: Superdan147, August 23, 2016, 6:54pm; Reply: 67
There just has to be some old player shirts out there, from the 80s. What a dream it would be to get hold of a Kevin drinkell shirt!
Posted by: Simariner, August 24, 2016, 8:14am; Reply: 68
Quoted from Superdan147
There just has to be some old player shirts out there, from the 80s. What a dream it would be to get hold of a Kevin drinkell shirt!

I have Steve Sherwoods red Goalie shirt with all the padding and badges.
They are hard to come by and wont be many about. If they are any be prepared to pay a good whack for them.  (I've been collecting my collection for a few years)
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 24, 2016, 2:15pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from grimps
Did you happen to venture into Diggers when you was in Bahrian Civvy ?

Unfortunately not. Going out and about was not the best idea. We were not exactly popular at that time. Apart from the Yanks who couldn't buy us a beer quickly enough.
Back to topic though, the stall holder swore on his father and his children's lives it was an original adidas. Perhaps it was and as a misprint is now worth a fortune !!😄
Posted by: Superdan147, August 24, 2016, 8:46pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from Simariner

I have Steve Sherwoods red Goalie shirt with all the padding and badges.
They are hard to come by and wont be many about. If they are any be prepared to pay a good whack for them.  (I've been collecting my collection for a few years)

Yeah the 1989/90 one cost me a bit but worth every penny, actually had a few bargains as well though, Out of interest, what kinda money you paid for your shirts mate?
Posted by: nightrider, August 24, 2016, 9:04pm; Reply: 71
I liked the Ribeiro kit with the hoops on the arms 92ish. I had the one from the season before with the v-neck
Errea are the best weve had imo. Lucky to have them. They do a lot of stuff for Norwich, obviously not worth while for Town
Lotto away was a copy of AC Milan. Or was AC Milans a copy of Grimsby Town? The home one was a copy of? Shorts had red in em so might have been a one off. Looked like a Juve shirt
Diadora might have been a one off? 95 was a decent kit
Print page generated: May 1, 2024, 12:55am