Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Teestogreen, August 18, 2016, 4:04pm
After the marvellous Morecambe victory, the next 3 games (away) were always going to be a challenge (not to mention the challenge of actually getting to these away grounds - and the timing of doing this). Losing by a single goal in each of them, probably doesn't reflect 'what might have been' in 2 of the games - and the other one (on paper and with Disley back in) was a very good come back.

Adjusting to this season's Football League challenge is a major step up for the current town management, and the process by which Town turn these defeats into draws into victories is in progress.

I think they will build a side to stabilise Town in this division, and this season is a marathon 'to achieve stability' not a sprint.

Keep the faith.

UTM  
Posted by: horsforthmariner, August 18, 2016, 5:22pm; Reply: 1
I agree with this. It's going to take time to re-adjust to life back in the football league.  We need to not get on the players and managers back while this process is ongoing. As long as we don't end up in a relegation battle I'm happy (and after I've seen us against both Morcambe and Derby Ill be amazed if we are in a dogfight to stay up)
Posted by: grimsby pete, August 18, 2016, 6:35pm; Reply: 2
I saw enough in the 2nd half at Colchester to think we will be ok,

We need to pass the ball and when we did that we looked good,

We do not have the right players to hoof the ball up the pitch.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 18, 2016, 8:46pm; Reply: 3
Completely agree again Pete. You must have been watching the same game as me.  ;)
Posted by: Rick12, August 19, 2016, 7:37am; Reply: 4
Quoted from horsforthmariner
I agree with this. It's going to take time to re-adjust to life back in the football league.  We need to not get on the players and managers back while this process is ongoing. As long as we don't end up in a relegation battle I'm happy (and after I've seen us against both Morcambe and Derby Ill be amazed if we are in a dogfight to stay up)
Well said and I was partly guilty of frustration after we went 3-0 down at half time away to Colchester.For one I thought our players were better than that and didnt envisage a 3-0 slump at half time to a side that isnt a big name.High standards I know but I feel you need to have that if your are to a be a success in football
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 8:35am