Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Mariner_09, July 30, 2016, 7:48pm
Thoughts on what the team should be and the score.

McKeown

Davies
Pearson
Boyce
Andrew

McAllister
Berrett
Summerfield

Tombola
Vernon
Vose

Bench:
Warrington
Mills
Gowling
Dis
Browne
Bogle
Jackson
Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 30, 2016, 7:50pm; Reply: 1
After today, I'd replace Summerfield and Pearson with Jackson and Gowling.
Posted by: Mariner_09, July 30, 2016, 7:58pm; Reply: 2
I'd put Pearson in because if he is given a run of games he will become as solid as a rock in defence and maybe him and Boyce can rekindle that very tight defence they built two years ago albeit at a higher level.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 30, 2016, 8:07pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Mariner_09
I'd put Pearson in because if he is given a run of games he will become as solid as a rock in defence and maybe him and Boyce can rekindle that very tight defence they built two years ago albeit at a higher level.

Boyce was very good today - Pearson wasn't.
Posted by: ginnywings, July 30, 2016, 8:10pm; Reply: 4
Grimsby Pete does the predictions thread. I like to stick to tradition.  ;)
Posted by: Hagrid, July 30, 2016, 8:42pm; Reply: 5
Might be in a minority but i would play dis next week if fit, think him leading out the team on our return to the FL would be fitting, unfortunately i dont think it'll happen and i can fully understand why, summerfield has been our top scorer this season and seems to work with mccalister alongside. Rather PH than me
Posted by: chaos33, July 30, 2016, 8:47pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from MuddyWaters
After today, I'd replace Summerfield and Pearson with Jackson and Gowling.

Summerfield has had a good pre season and top scored from midfield. Notable. You wouldn't have him in?
Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 30, 2016, 8:58pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from chaos33

Summerfield has had a good pre season and top scored from midfield. Notable. You wouldn't have him in?

All the feedback we got from York indicated that Summerfield drifted in and out of games and that pretty much tallies with what I've seen. Let's not forget who he's scored against either.
Posted by: Grantley, July 30, 2016, 9:08pm; Reply: 8
Mckeown

Davies
Gowling
Boyce
Andrew

McAllister
Summerfield
Disley/Berrett

Bolarinwa
Bogle
Vose

Subs: Pearson, Jones, Disley/Berrett, Browne, Jackson, Vernon

Think the defence speaks for itself except Boyce/ Pearson. As we're playing Morecambe (who aren't one of the better teams), I'd expect us to playa higher line so Boyce's pace is more needed. Against the better teams, who well sit back against, I'd go with Pearson.

In midfield, I was sceptical about Summerfield when we signed him but he's had a good pre- season so has earned his place IMO. McAllister, along with Andrew, will be a shoe-in every week, IMO. Berrett has impressed today but having Disley would really ease some nerves in the team.

Upfront, I'd have Vose every week. Lad is quality. Bolly has also had an excellent pre-season and is of one of our best prospects. Frightening pair of wingers.

Vernon should be used to stick the ball up top, which won't be every week so that's why I wouldn't play him.
Jackson or Bogle is a toughie but I think Bogle is more complete. Throw Jackson on at the 70 minute mark to ignite some life into the game.

Just my opinion but I think the signings of Mills and Vernon suggest of a plan B: if we're chasing the game or up against a parked bus, Mills' long throw in is something we haven't had in years. But let's not forget, the majority of this summer's signings are quite small; game plan A of this season will be neat, passing football with the ball and set up to counterattack when we're defending. Got that?

80s out.
Posted by: chaos33, July 30, 2016, 9:17pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from MuddyWaters

All the feedback we got from York indicated that Summerfield drifted in and out of games and that pretty much tallies with what I've seen. Let's not forget who he's scored against either.

Alright. I haven't really decided myself, just thought it was interesting.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 30, 2016, 10:09pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Grantley

Vernon should be used to stick the ball up top, which won't be every week so that's why I wouldn't play him.
Jackson or Bogle is a toughie but I think Bogle is more complete. Throw Jackson on at the 70 minute mark to ignite some life into the game.

Jackson or Bogle? Seriously? Jackson works the channels, has searing pace and an eye for goal - all Bogle offered today was to throw himself on the floor. I think that today's starting eleven apart from Andrew for Jones won't be far away from next week's.
Posted by: Stew0_0, July 31, 2016, 7:05am; Reply: 11
                          Mckeown

Davies       Boyce        Gowling       Andrew

Berrett        McAllister
                              Vose
    Bolarinwa                             Jackson
                            Vernon

Town to win as expect morecombe to be in a relegation fight this season
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 1:32am