Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: jock dock tower, July 30, 2016, 6:37pm
Down for the Morecambe game next week, and want to take some decent haddock back with me.

I normally go down Riby Street when I'm down in Gy, but am travelling home immediately after the game. Where's the best place to get some 12 to 14 ounce haddock fillets on saturday morning to take back with me? Ditto naturally smoked haddock as well? Is the price comparable to what I pay down Riby Street, which I find to be very reasonable indeed.
Posted by: Marinerz93, July 30, 2016, 6:52pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from jock dock tower
Down for the Morecambe game next week, and want to take some decent haddock back with me.

I normally go down Riby Street when I'm down in Gy, but am travelling home immediately after the game. Where's the best place to get some 12 to 14 ounce haddock fillets on saturday morning to take back with me? Ditto naturally smoked haddock as well? Is the price comparable to what I pay down Riby Street, which I find to be very reasonable indeed.

BP Vicar may be able to help you out with that if he is still doing his rounds, give him a pm.
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 31, 2016, 9:34pm; Reply: 2
Yep, drop BP Vicar a PM, he still has his fish round and I'm sure he'd be willing to help out a fellow Town fan.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 7, 2016, 11:00pm; Reply: 3
Just seen this, I would have sorted Jock out if I'd known. Haddock expensive at the moment. Paying £6.92 a kilo which most of the country would be pleased with but us Grimbarians are less than chuffed!
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 8, 2016, 10:42pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from 75
Just seen this, I would have sorted Jock out if I'd known. Haddock expensive at the moment. Paying £6.92 a kilo which most of the country would be pleased with but us Grimbarians are less than chuffed!

Bloody hell, how many medium size fillets do you get for that.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 12, 2016, 8:44pm; Reply: 5
Paying £7.55 for haddock this week, only medium fillets. You'd get about four. Dirty cod over £8.20 a kilo. Horrific, been a poor week.
Posted by: Sigone, August 12, 2016, 10:59pm; Reply: 6
Where can i get a thick skate from, not into this tiny things you get from the chippy
Posted by: Marinerz93, August 13, 2016, 12:21am; Reply: 7
Quoted from 75
Paying £7.55 for haddock this week, only medium fillets. You'd get about four. Dirty cod over £8.20 a kilo. Horrific, been a poor week.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/xgBkiss.gif[/img]

Woow, that's steep, get your fishing gear out and go on the north wall, just got to hope you don't snag any eels.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 20, 2016, 9:20am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Sigone
Where can i get a thick skate from, not into this tiny things you get from the chippy

Skate house on the docks near Excel. Give them a nudge and you'll be sorted. ;-) Or try Excel.
Posted by: mariner83, November 25, 2016, 10:10am; Reply: 9
Does anyone have a van that comes to Barton?
Neighbour was asking as he was let down by someone who was supposed to be coming on Monday.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), November 26, 2016, 8:00am; Reply: 10
Quoted from mariner83
Does anyone have a van that comes to Barton?
Neighbour was asking as he was let down by someone who was supposed to be coming on Monday.

I'm a fish merchant / van trader. Barton is a bit too far out of my area, but my mate Dean goes there I think (not sure). PM me if interested, and I'll pass on his contact number.
Cheers
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, December 6, 2016, 7:33pm; Reply: 11
I' m through for the Pompey game on Saturday and want some crevettes or langoustines. Any suggestions of the best place to get decent stuff at a decent price?
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 1:17am