Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Blundelluk, July 29, 2016, 4:46pm
Lincoln fan I know with connections in the club says Craig Clay is due to join them today and there are talks of Matt Rhead coming to us...or Barrow which I think it has been touted before. Good signings for them if they get Clay as well as Arnold.

Don't shoot the messenger
Posted by: mariner91, July 29, 2016, 4:59pm; Reply: 1
I'll eat every piece of Town related memorabilia I own if we sign Rhead. It just won't happen.
Posted by: Blundelluk, July 29, 2016, 5:21pm; Reply: 2
I agree, I think Vernon is the player to be the target man, however Rhead may have fit that bill if Hurst hadn't got any better options. He would be about as popular as a Jimmy Saville summer school but he certainly has 'A Presence' and is difficult to play against.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, July 29, 2016, 7:17pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Blundelluk
I agree, I think Vernon is the player to be the target man, however Rhead may have fit that bill if Hurst hadn't got any better options. He would be about as popular as a Jimmy Saville summer school but he certainly has 'A Presence' and is difficult to play against.

Have you had that Derek Acorah round?
Posted by: pizzzza, July 29, 2016, 7:29pm; Reply: 4
Thought I read that Clay was playing in South Africa now or did I dream that?
Posted by: Freemoash88, July 29, 2016, 7:31pm; Reply: 5
Already made a thread about Matt Rhead everyone laughed at me.

It's happening. [url]http://forum.thefishy.co.uk/Blah.pl?m-1468772957//id-1071880[/url]
Posted by: livosnose, July 29, 2016, 7:50pm; Reply: 6
Clay played in a cup game for 90 mins for Motherwell last week .... Sad little man that I am checking ....
Posted by: LH, July 29, 2016, 7:52pm; Reply: 7
If you spread a rumour enough it eventually happens. Rumours become true-mours.

Town are signing Paul Pogba pass it on.
Posted by: gtfcmd, July 29, 2016, 8:05pm; Reply: 8
if fatt rhead comes here i want refund for season ticket lol
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 29, 2016, 8:21pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from gtfcmd
if fatt rhead comes here i want refund for season ticket lol

There will be no pies left before 3pm.    ;D ;D ;D

Posted by: jaygy, July 29, 2016, 8:39pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from LH
If you spread a rumour enough it eventually happens. Rumous become truemours.

Town are signing Paul Pogba pass it on.

....Town are signing Paul Potts pass it on....
Posted by: ClarkyGTFC, July 29, 2016, 8:57pm; Reply: 11
Pol pot i hope not
Posted by: golfer, July 29, 2016, 9:07pm; Reply: 12
My favorite Craig Clay signed a short term contract for Motherwell so that he could play in The Scottish League Cup on Tuesday against East Stirling that they won 3-0. Richard Tait was playing left back.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 29, 2016, 9:12pm; Reply: 13
The only way that Rhead would sign for us is if he lost 5 stone and had a behaviour transplant
Posted by: chaos33, July 29, 2016, 9:36pm; Reply: 14
Jeez, will this tosh never die?
Posted by: Grimbiggs, July 29, 2016, 10:31pm; Reply: 15
Posted on the Motherwell forum during their cup match against East Striling the other night:-

"It's been poor to watch, doubt il be here past 70mins. Never leave games early but I'd be excused for this one

Johnson looks bright but out with that not much else to sing about

Thomas could do with a loan spell elsewhere just don't see him having an impact this season at all
Clay missed a sitter as I type.

Trialist Craig Clay won't be getting an offer :lol: "

Contrasting views as other supporters said "Contrary to the usual bleating suspects, I felt that Clay had a very good debut, OK the opposition wasn't the strongest, but felt he showed composure on the ball and was actually capable of finding a team-mate with a pass, a concept our midfield has struggled to grasp over the last few seasons, particularly the 'housewives favourite'."

"I too think Craig clay looked good, wasn't wasteful with the ball, done what you'd expect a player in that position too....you also have to remember that it's not a pre season friendly, there is actually something at stake so trialists can't afford to try and show off, they have to play for the team and the 3 points, so that said....good 'debut' and hopefully see more against a better opposition on Saturday. "

Hmm, probably tells you how good Scottish football is.
Posted by: samg, July 29, 2016, 11:03pm; Reply: 16
Clay's left and there's no chance we're signing Rhead can we just not close the thread and move on
Posted by: pizzzza, July 29, 2016, 11:13pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from samg
Clay's left and there's no chance we're signing Rhead can we just not close the thread and move on

No, the subject or length of any thread is not up to you. I say let's keep it going.

That Rhead is a bit chubby isn't he?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 29, 2016, 11:13pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Grimbiggs
Posted on the Motherwell forum during their cup match against East Striling the other night:-

"It's been poor to watch, doubt il be here past 70mins. Never leave games early but I'd be excused for this one

Johnson looks bright but out with that not much else to sing about

Thomas could do with a loan spell elsewhere just don't see him having an impact this season at all
Clay missed a sitter as I type.

Trialist Craig Clay won't be getting an offer :lol: "

Contrasting views as other supporters said "Contrary to the usual bleating suspects, I felt that Clay had a very good debut, OK the opposition wasn't the strongest, but felt he showed composure on the ball and was actually capable of finding a team-mate with a pass, a concept our midfield has struggled to grasp over the last few seasons, particularly the 'housewives favourite'."

"I too think Craig clay looked good, wasn't wasteful with the ball, done what you'd expect a player in that position too....you also have to remember that it's not a pre season friendly, there is actually something at stake so trialists can't afford to try and show off, they have to play for the team and the 3 points, so that said....good 'debut' and hopefully see more against a better opposition on Saturday. "

Hmm, probably tells you how good Scottish football is.

Also says Craig is decent lower league player with a great attitude.

Posted by: promotion plaice, July 29, 2016, 11:19pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from pizzzza

No, the subject or length of any thread is not up to you. I say let's keep it going.

Quoted from...... 8)

Posted by: golfer, July 30, 2016, 6:56am; Reply: 20
Quoted from pizzzza

Good in a 1 man wall
Posted by: fleabag1970, July 30, 2016, 7:42am; Reply: 21
Quoted from Blundelluk
Lincoln fan I know with connections in the club says Craig Clay is due to join them today and there are talks of Matt Rhead coming to us...or Barrow which I think it has been touted before. Good signings for them if they get Clay as well as Arnold.

Don't shoot the messenger

I was told the same yesterday , from a very reliable contact
Posted by: chaos33, July 30, 2016, 7:56am; Reply: 22
Do we need two 32 year old target men?
Posted by: fleabag1970, July 30, 2016, 8:03am; Reply: 23
Quoted from chaos33
Do we need two 32 year old target men?

Sorry , to clarify ... Clay to Lincoln and Rhead to Barrow
Posted by: golfer, July 30, 2016, 8:03am; Reply: 24
Quoted from fleabag1970

I was told the same yesterday , from a very reliable contact

Don't understand this. After Clay played for Motherwell on Tuesday the manager said he was impressed and that he was available for todays game at Stranraer. It was also said that the fans warmed to him.[ no wise cracks please]
Posted by: chaos33, July 30, 2016, 8:09am; Reply: 25
Quoted from fleabag1970

Sorry , to clarify ... Clay to Lincoln and Rhead to Barrow

Thanks.
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, July 30, 2016, 11:46am; Reply: 26
Not sure we want to regress to playing kick-and-rush with a lump up front.  Rhead might be suited to an agricultural style at the likes of Lincoln, but he's not for us.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 30, 2016, 1:07pm; Reply: 27
Surely we wouldn't sign a fat footballer from a team that couldn't make the play offs in the 5th division?
Posted by: Grimbiggs, July 30, 2016, 3:01pm; Reply: 28
Clay playing for Motherwell again today, so don't know how true the Lincoln rumour is.
Posted by: rancido, July 30, 2016, 5:14pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner

There will be no pies left before 3pm.    ;D ;D ;D

I think you meant no catering left  ;)
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, July 30, 2016, 5:49pm; Reply: 30
I too heard Rhed was coming here to cover.

the fukin pitch in the winter .
Posted by: golfer, July 30, 2016, 6:04pm; Reply: 31
Quoted from Grimbiggs
Clay playing for Motherwell again today, so don't know how true the Lincoln rumour is.

Craig had another good game for Motherwell in 3-0 win over Stranraer playing in a slightly more attacking position than he was used here.
Posted by: Davec, July 31, 2016, 2:09pm; Reply: 32
Matt Rhead is not coming here

When asked at the open day today, he said

"Can't afford his food bill "
Posted by: RoboCod, July 31, 2016, 2:28pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from Davec
Matt Rhead is not coming here

When asked at the open day today, he said

"Can't afford his food bill "

He can't afford who's food bill?
I.don't.geddit :-/
Posted by: davmariner, July 31, 2016, 5:55pm; Reply: 34
Who can't afford Rhead's food bill?
Posted by: jonnyboy82, July 31, 2016, 6:09pm; Reply: 35
He cant afford his own food bill.
Posted by: sutton mariner, July 31, 2016, 6:16pm; Reply: 36
Who's Bill?
Posted by: Davec, July 31, 2016, 6:29pm; Reply: 37
Hurst did laugh when he said it, so it was obviously a jovial manner
Posted by: 97 (Guest), July 31, 2016, 6:53pm; Reply: 38
Perhaps you had to be there.
Posted by: Grimbiggs, July 31, 2016, 11:54pm; Reply: 39
Further comments from Motherwell fans seems to suggest that Craig's more likely to sign for them:-

"As for Clay it sounds as though Mc Ghee may be veering towards signing him. For what it is worth I am not sure he would be a first pick as I havent seen anything to suggest he is better than what Jack Leitch for example would have offered. To be fair though he is trying to settle into a new set up and local area and is perhaps worth another game ."

"I mentioned in one of the other threads that Clay had been in talks with Lincoln City with the source being an interview with another ex-Grimsby player who had just signed for them, Nathan Arnold. BBC Humberside gave the story a mention as well. I've no idea where Clay is based but if he's still around the Grimsby area then that would certainly be a much more local option for him. However McGhee certainly seemed politely positive when talking about him the other day"
Posted by: KingstonMariner, August 1, 2016, 10:37pm; Reply: 40
It'd be an amazing sign of the relative decline of Scottish football if Craig does sign for Motherwell. Clay was a fine player in the Conference and may have been in the 4th Division, but to appear in the top division of what was once a fine footballing nation. Look at the number of players that used to come South to play in the old days and how few there are now.
Posted by: The_Laughing_Mariner, August 2, 2016, 5:01am; Reply: 41
Hasn't Tait gone there as well ?
Nick Hegarty played for St Mirren IIRC
Posted by: Cloudy, August 2, 2016, 6:44am; Reply: 42
Quoted from KingstonMariner
It'd be an amazing sign of the relative decline of Scottish football if Craig does sign for Motherwell. Clay was a fine player in the Conference and may have been in the 4th Division, but to appear in the top division of what was once a fine footballing nation. Look at the number of players that used to come South to play in the old days and how few there are now.

Very true.

I read recently that the Plymouth manager, who had done well in Scotland with Raith,  said that the League 2 sides would comfortably hold their own in theScottish Prem
Posted by: jamesgtfc, August 2, 2016, 7:15am; Reply: 43
Celtic and Rangers aside the league is poor. That said, I think both would struggle to go up in The Championship.

I think the money is quite good despite the poor standard and it is a short career. I don't think any English team would have offered Tait a 3 year deal!
Posted by: Mariner1980, August 6, 2016, 10:35pm; Reply: 44
Sorry to dig this up, but Craig Clay played today for Motherwell in their 2-1 League win against Kilmarnock.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 6, 2016, 10:39pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Mariner1980
Sorry to dig this up, but Craig Clay played today for Motherwell in their 2-1 League win against Kilmarnock.

Really pleased he has got something sorted, good pro good lad and a decent player too.
Posted by: ginnywings, August 6, 2016, 11:01pm; Reply: 46
Think Rhead scored a couple as well.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, August 6, 2016, 11:03pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Really pleased he has got something sorted, good pro good lad and a decent player too.

Fair play to him, but he would have struggled to be on our bench today.
Posted by: StaffsMariner, August 10, 2016, 6:03pm; Reply: 48
Craig has signed a 2 year deal at motherwell.
Good luck to the lad.

Scottish top flight not what it used to be i guess
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 10, 2016, 9:27pm; Reply: 49

Tonight           Tait and Clay in starting 11 for Motherwell

FT          Celtic  5 - 0  Motherwell
Posted by: fleabag1970, August 10, 2016, 9:29pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from promotion plaice

Tonight           Tait and Clay in starting 11 for Motherwell

FT          Celtic  5 - 0  Motherwell

What are you telling us ???
Posted by: promotion plaice, August 10, 2016, 9:30pm; Reply: 51
Quoted from fleabag1970

Not telling anything, purely an observation.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, August 10, 2016, 9:37pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from fleabag1970

Possibly that Celtic are not English Premier League class?
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 3:17pm