Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), July 22, 2016, 10:33am
Are any of you guys who subscribe to Mariners Player having the same problem as me, in that it doesn't actually show match highlights in HD?  It's especially noticeable when I go full screen, all the players are blurred and it is very poor quality.
Posted by: mimma, July 22, 2016, 11:24am; Reply: 1
Have you tried looking at the settings?

When I open up the Video player I have to alter the settings to HD.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), July 22, 2016, 11:30am; Reply: 2
Which settings are you referring to?
Posted by: Spidey, July 22, 2016, 11:30am; Reply: 3
Just watched Boston highlights in full screen on Nexus 7 tablet and iPad, although definitely not HD quality the video was very good, no blurrines. If watching on full HD 50" screen I'd expect poorer quality.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), July 22, 2016, 11:33am; Reply: 4
I watch them on my PC usually, I have a 32" monitor, so I don't know if that will effect the HD, shouldn't do as I watch SKYGO programmes and they are perfectly clear.
Posted by: mimma, July 22, 2016, 11:40am; Reply: 5
Without looking they're bottom right corner of the player.
Posted by: 123614 (Guest), July 22, 2016, 11:46am; Reply: 6
Can't see anything bottom right corner of the player apart from a FAQ tab, also cannot see settings anywhere else on the player.
Posted by: Tangerine Chris, July 23, 2016, 11:27am; Reply: 7
Player is accessible on almost every modern browser on almost every modern connected device, if you have a reasonable specification tablet or computer that is less than 3 years old.

You will need a strong, stable broadband internet connection minimum of 1MB (a mobile 3g, 4G, LTE, etc. internet service will probably be too weak or too variable to give a good service) with a ping of less than 100m/s.

You will need a computer, tablet or mobile smartphone device (such as an iPhone or Android smartphone – please note Windows phones, Kindles and game consoles are incompatible), and it should be running a recent compatible and updated web browser such as Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc.

If viewing on your desktop Windows or Mac, and you experience problems, please check that you have the latest version of Adobe Flash Player installed (or update via get.adobe.com/flashplayer).
Posted by: Grimsby2012, July 23, 2016, 2:34pm; Reply: 8
What browser do you use?

Try a different browser if using Google Chrome or Internet Explorer. Sometimes they have bugs in that can limit the quality of video shown. Google Chrome is especially well-known for having add-ons running in the background and taking internet connect and cpu allocation.
Posted by: Meza, July 23, 2016, 4:27pm; Reply: 9
Ive used Chrime, IE and edge and i dont get HD.  If u eant HD look at Gainsborough Trinity footage.  Now thats HD.

I will look at upgrading adobe flash and see if that makes any difference.  Any one else get HD?  
Posted by: Mallyner, July 23, 2016, 4:59pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from 123614
Are any of you guys who subscribe to Mariners Player having the same problem as me, in that it doesn't actually show match highlights in HD?  It's especially noticeable when I go full screen, all the players are blurred and it is very poor quality.

I'm afraid the problem is obvious from your side text, like me your are at least 60 years too old to set this up.

If you have a 7-8 year old in the family, get them in.  :) :)

Posted by: Mariner_09, July 23, 2016, 6:07pm; Reply: 11
Get Adbocker from the chrome app store for free and if blocks adds on all pages and spoeds up browsing.
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 23, 2016, 10:10pm; Reply: 12
I know there were issues these past few seasons with the quality of footage on Mariners Player but when I watch the odd times on Youtube the quality seems much better on there than MP.
Posted by: Rob_in_Grimsby, July 23, 2016, 11:46pm; Reply: 13
if its pre season games you are referring to then some may not be HD as the club relies on the away team to record the games, The club use an HD camera but I cant see all the lower league teams using HD cameras,
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 9:22pm