Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: oldun, July 2, 2016, 2:22pm
As we know the new squad is light in this area a fact acknowledged by the gaffer. Well, free signing Zlatan has opted for Man U so that is one off the list. However Robson Kanu, a striker without a club looks decent so I am sure PH is on the case. Otherwise there seems a shortage of likely targets, unless of course you know otherwise.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 2, 2016, 7:11pm; Reply: 1
Expect someone within the next couple of days. Hairs standing up and all that
Posted by: Mariner93er, July 2, 2016, 7:13pm; Reply: 2
Any clues as to who
Posted by: HertsGTFC, July 2, 2016, 7:27pm; Reply: 3
PH will come good, don't worry.
Posted by: Meza, July 3, 2016, 8:27am; Reply: 4
Wozofgrimsby

Is that what you've heard or u just guessing?
Posted by: crusty ole pie, July 3, 2016, 8:41am; Reply: 5
They call him the shop (PH loves him )
Posted by: H19P1, July 3, 2016, 9:58am; Reply: 6
Who knows, we might see a new forward on Wednesday night
Posted by: Bigboy, July 3, 2016, 10:49am; Reply: 7
Quoted from oldun
As we know the new squad is light in this area a fact acknowledged by the gaffer. Well, free signing Zlatan has opted for Man U so that is one off the list. However Robson Kanu, a striker without a club looks decent so I am sure PH is on the case. Otherwise there seems a shortage of likely targets, unless of course you know otherwise.

Tongue in cheek no doubt but Robson Kanu turned down a new deal with Reading.  Incidentally Reading fans are amazed at his form for Wales - he was never as good when playing for Reading. Perhaps he will end up at Hartlepool.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, July 3, 2016, 11:08am; Reply: 8
Quoted from Bigboy

Tongue in cheek no doubt but Robson Kanu turned down a new deal with Reading.  Incidentally Reading fans are amazed at his form for Wales - he was never as good when playing for Reading. Perhaps he will end up at Hartlepool.

There will be a reason why he isn't already at a prem club and it is that he is not a consistent performer. Teams like Wales, Ireland, Iceland etc have maybe one or two real quality players and rely on the others being wholehearted team players who follow instructions to the letter and are all playing at their peak level at the same time. This lad could get a contract based on one Cruyff turn in one game. That's how crazy the prem has become.
Posted by: lee65, July 4, 2016, 1:46pm; Reply: 9
Remember Karol Poborsky, one amazing goal with a chip / fluke and got a contract with Man Utd  ;)
Posted by: Tradjazz, July 4, 2016, 2:08pm; Reply: 10
Waiting to see who we bring in as stikers before committing myself to a season ticket. No hairs on back of neck yet.
Posted by: Tradjazz, July 4, 2016, 2:08pm; Reply: 11
Strikers
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Posted by: Maringer, July 4, 2016, 2:11pm; Reply: 12

There will be a reason why he isn't already at a prem club and it is that he is not a consistent performer. Teams like Wales, Ireland, Iceland etc have maybe one or two real quality players and rely on the others being wholehearted team players who follow instructions to the letter and are all playing at their peak level at the same time. This lad could get a contract based on one Cruyff turn in one game. That's how crazy the prem has become.

Apparently, a couple of Premiershite clubs wanted to sign him during the past couple of seasons, but pulled out of any deal because Reading were asking for too large a transfer fee. Therefore, he's run his contract down and is now a free agent. I don't doubt he'll get himself a contract at one of the smaller Prem clubs where he'll be competent enough. As he's a free agent, he should pocket a big wodge of a signing on fee or extra wages, as well.
Posted by: livosnose, July 4, 2016, 2:22pm; Reply: 13
Reuben Reid has left plymouth , played for Rotherham etc......
Posted by: Madeleymariner, July 4, 2016, 5:12pm; Reply: 14
Didn't score many last season or am I getting my players mixed up
Posted by: Meza, July 4, 2016, 5:30pm; Reply: 15
Reid is a good striker....I'd have him.
Print page generated: April 28, 2024, 12:36pm