Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: caistormariner, July 1, 2016, 9:43pm
I thought being the first game of the new season and the first chance to see the new players this would be quite a popular game but I have got my tickets from the club today and they are nos 108 and 109 - maybe not that popular then.

Maybe as I saw posted earlier toady most folks intend to watch for free over the fence.
Posted by: Grimbiggs, July 1, 2016, 9:49pm; Reply: 1
I go in the Linden club occasionally, when i last went in (a couple of weeks ago) they'd sold over a 1000, so it should be a good turnout.
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 1, 2016, 10:17pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from caistormariner
I thought being the first game of the new season and the first chance to see the new players this would be quite a popular game but I have got my tickets from the club today and they are nos 108 and 109 - maybe not that popular then.

Maybe as I saw posted earlier toady most folks intend to watch for free over the fence.

108 and 109 are in the upper part of the field, ;)

If you had a lower number you would have been able to stand next to the touch line.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 2, 2016, 12:37am; Reply: 3
Quoted from grimsby pete

108 and 109 are in the upper part of the field, ;)

If you had a lower number you would have been able to stand next to the touch line.

What about the tumulus near Ploggers - good view from there, too far from the pitch, or is a vengeful Bronze Age king likely to reach up through the earth and grab your ankle?
Posted by: KK_DOG, July 4, 2016, 9:57am; Reply: 4
So what time does it kick off? Tickets say 7:15. Press release today there is no time. Cleethorpes Town Website says 7:15. Official Grimsby town site (Full strength side to open at Clee) says 7:30. I'm going for 7:15 but this may catch a few out as it's an unusual start time.
Posted by: Grimbiggs, July 4, 2016, 10:32am; Reply: 5
I was in the Linden club yesterday, it's a 7:15 kick-off, they've sold about 2000 tickets up to now.
Posted by: Heisenberg, July 4, 2016, 10:40am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Grimbiggs
I was in the Linden club yesterday, it's a 7:15 kick-off, they've sold about 2000 tickets up to now.

Seriously, how the f#ck are 2000 people gonna get to see the game stood in a field?!  This is just wrong, it's not a suitable venue.
Posted by: The Yard Dog, July 4, 2016, 11:23am; Reply: 7
I was going to go to get a glimpse at the new players, but have changed my mine due to the sheer numbers Cleethorpes are expecting, it will be chaos.
Spoke to a number of Cleethorpes Town volunteers yesterday while attending the Grimsby Motor show at Lindum club, they are expecting a gate of 2500+. It was bad enough at Bradley last year and that's a better set-up.
Posted by: Maringer, July 4, 2016, 11:35am; Reply: 8
You could probably make a killing renting out stepladders!
Posted by: 1mickylyons, July 4, 2016, 11:40am; Reply: 9
I bet the people who live a round the Club are going to love the parking it`s bad enough when a car boot sale is on.Still it`s one night and will raise some funds for Cleethorpes that`s what it`s about.UTM
Posted by: benny_the_docker, July 4, 2016, 11:49am; Reply: 10
I find it hard to believe that Paul Hurst would field a strong side or risk injury to any players, playing on a pitch as bad as that one!
Posted by: moosey_club, July 4, 2016, 11:52am; Reply: 11
Quoted from Heisenberg

Seriously, how the f#ck are 2000 people gonna get to see the game stood in a field?!  This is just wrong, it's not a suitable venue.

Kind of agree, effectively a home game giving the support the first chance to view a raft of new signings....hmmmm....i am sure the temporary hoarding they are erecting will suffice and hopefully they have limited sales accordingly.

If we wanted to help Clee Town out then why not hold it at BP and gift a percentage of receipts ? At least everyone will get a decent view that way...or at least go to Bradley ?
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, July 4, 2016, 11:52am; Reply: 12
Quoted from benny_the_docker
I find it hard to believe that Paul Hurst would field a strong side or risk injury to any players, playing on a pitch as bad as that one!

Have you seen it?

Was there yesterday at the motor show, actually looks in really good condition.

these friendlies are about fitness etc...
Posted by: Grimbiggs, July 4, 2016, 12:45pm; Reply: 13
Its costs Clee town to play at Bradley, and they get nothing from the bar/food etc, so i guess they ve decided to play their games at home (Linden club). Although i guess with the sheer volume of numbers, it would of been better playing this at Blundell park. I would of thought the attendance figures would of been similar, as its a first opportunity to see the new players, and all receipts from tickets, food/beer could have been split 50/50.
Posted by: KK_DOG, July 4, 2016, 1:29pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Heisenberg

Totally agree, it will be total chaos. Unless you are stood at the front on the touchline you are not going to see much. Oh well, they will be selling beer. Hope there isn't a queue at the beer tent.
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 4, 2016, 3:48pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from KK_DOG

Unless you are stood at the front on the touchline you are not going to see much.

That's the same at Bradley though, with the small exceptions of the seated areas down one touchline and the small terrace behind one goal.
Posted by: rancido, July 4, 2016, 5:07pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Maringer
You could probably make a killing renting out stepladders!

Or sell a lot of those 2 mirror periscopes there used to be.
Posted by: Grim up north, July 4, 2016, 7:56pm; Reply: 17
They have security fencing going up today so no chance of a free view and they have the field for parking. Should be a cracking night as they have a couple of beer marquees ,BBQ etc and there is hard standing round three sides of the pitch and walking distance for me so a few beers and good quality football .....something I haven't seen for a few weeks  ;D
Posted by: Pastandpresent, July 4, 2016, 9:36pm; Reply: 18
Will there be commentary for the game ???
Posted by: HotToddy, July 4, 2016, 11:13pm; Reply: 19
Parking for 500 cars? http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/cleethorpes-town-v-grimsby-town-3168517.aspx
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 5, 2016, 10:41pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from HotToddy

intercourse knows how.

Will take all night to get out there'll be packed in so tight.
Posted by: GrimRob, July 6, 2016, 9:38am; Reply: 21
[tweet]750608306155257856[/tweet]
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 6, 2016, 10:31am; Reply: 22
Be interesting to know how many tickets have been sold so far.  

I know the figure of 2,000 has been banded about but at Bradley it's always full capacity (is it 1,000 or 1,100??) and then a few extras wanting to get in without tickets who are turned away/end up watching through the fence.  

I imagine the Wales game on the box will keep a few people away too.  
Posted by: fiveallive, July 6, 2016, 7:11pm; Reply: 23
Does anybody know the team for the game?.
Posted by: Davec, July 6, 2016, 7:15pm; Reply: 24
Mckeown
Davies
Gowling
Hough
Andrew
Vose
McAllister
Browne
Disley
Clifton
Bogle
Posted by: fiveallive, July 6, 2016, 7:26pm; Reply: 25
I wonder if there will be any trialist's on the bench?.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, July 6, 2016, 8:00pm; Reply: 26
Who's Hough ??
Posted by: Cloudy, July 6, 2016, 8:09pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from OllieGTFC
Who's Hough ??

2nd year YT
Posted by: moosey_club, July 6, 2016, 8:29pm; Reply: 28
Soooo.....nobody at the game on here?  No updates ?
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 6, 2016, 8:30pm; Reply: 29
[tweet]750773010471223296[/tweet]
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 6, 2016, 8:31pm; Reply: 30
[tweet]750776046606254080[/tweet]
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 6, 2016, 8:33pm; Reply: 31
[tweet]750776627383140352[/tweet]
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 6, 2016, 8:36pm; Reply: 32
[tweet]750777019475132416[/tweet]
Posted by: moosey_club, July 6, 2016, 8:42pm; Reply: 33
Grantham...all i can see is an empty text box in your posts.....are you posting something ?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, July 6, 2016, 8:42pm; Reply: 34
Thanks for the updates.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 6, 2016, 8:44pm; Reply: 35
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Thanks for the updates.

? Where ?
Posted by: Marinerz93, July 6, 2016, 8:45pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from moosey_club

? Where ?

In the tweets, looks like it is 3-0 to Town, GY Town that is.
Posted by: promotion plaice, July 6, 2016, 8:45pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Thanks for the updates.

http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/cleethorpes-town-v-grimsby-town-live-3171665.aspx?
Posted by: UTMariners, July 6, 2016, 8:46pm; Reply: 38
Who is standing out for town? A just back thread would be appreciated post match..!
Posted by: cmackenzie4, July 6, 2016, 8:50pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from moosey_club

? Where ?

Grantham Mariners posts Moosey.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 6, 2016, 8:52pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from Marinerz93

In the tweets, looks like it is 3-0 to Town, GY Town that is.

Can see the tweets, just empty text boxes....

0-0 half time
Berrett 1-0     49 mins
Wright (deflected) 2-0   62 mins
Summerield 3-0  63 mins

Chambers hits the post  69 mins
Posted by: Marinerz93, July 6, 2016, 8:54pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from moosey_club

Can see the tweets, just empty text boxes....

0-0 half time
Berrett 1-0     49 mins
Wright (deflected) 2-0   62 mins
Summerield 3-0  63 mins

Chambers hits the post  69 mins

Are you using the newer version of the fishy and are you using a pc or phone to view, as I believe you can't see the tweets using a phone yet.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 6, 2016, 8:59pm; Reply: 42
Finished 3-0
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, July 6, 2016, 8:59pm; Reply: 43
[tweet]750783000539987968[/tweet]
Posted by: moosey_club, July 6, 2016, 9:00pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from Marinerz93

Are you using the newer version of the fishy and are you using a pc or phone to view, as I believe you can't see the tweets using a phone yet.

PC......and fcked if i know...i type the fishy into google and open it..
Posted by: tanga_the_indestructible, July 6, 2016, 9:04pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from Marinerz93

I'm using a phone and I can see them.
Posted by: Marinerz93, July 6, 2016, 9:14pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from moosey_club

PC......and fcked if i know...i type the fishy into google and open it..

Have you tried turning it off and then back on again  ;)
Posted by: Marinerz93, July 6, 2016, 9:16pm; Reply: 47

I'm using a phone and I can see them.

There was a post on the tweets thread were someone said they couldn't see the tweets on their iphone, must be fixed now.
Posted by: Garth, July 6, 2016, 9:19pm; Reply: 48
Ok on my I phone
Posted by: supertown, July 6, 2016, 10:03pm; Reply: 49
Ok on my iPhone and iPad
Posted by: ginnywings, July 6, 2016, 10:05pm; Reply: 50
What's an iPhone?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 6, 2016, 10:07pm; Reply: 51
A top shelf phone.
Posted by: moosey_club, July 6, 2016, 10:10pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from KingstonMariner
A top shelf phone.

that would be an XXPhone wouldnt it ?
Posted by: ginnywings, July 6, 2016, 10:12pm; Reply: 53
So my 10 quid Tesco phone doesn't cut it then?
Posted by: GrimRob, July 6, 2016, 10:33pm; Reply: 54
The tweets don't seem to appear on all iphone devices, probably the older ones but I am not 100% sure yet. I need to do some more work to fully implement this feature.
Posted by: wigworld, July 6, 2016, 10:34pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from Marinerz93

Have you tried turning it off and then back on again  ;)

Do you work in IT?  ;D

Posted by: forza ivano, July 7, 2016, 7:29am; Reply: 56
Quoted from wigworld

Do you work in IT?  ;D

;D ;D ;D
Posted by: grimps, July 7, 2016, 8:24am; Reply: 57
To be honest I thought it was a bit cheeky of Clee to move the game from Bradley , they've basically been given the use of a state of a modern multi million pound stadium with great facilities at Bradley then complain when the council try and get some money back from food and drink sales.
They'd have made enough for a season from the GTFC friendly of it had been played there , it just smells of them getting greedy to me
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 7, 2016, 10:17am; Reply: 58
Quoted from grimps
To be honest I thought it was a bit cheeky of Clee to move the game from Bradley , they've basically been given the use of a state of a modern multi million pound stadium with great facilities at Bradley then complain when the council try and get some money back from food and drink sales.
They'd have made enough for a season from the GTFC friendly of it had been played there , it just smells of them getting greedy to me

Eh?  

The Linden Club is their home! They want to progress and develop, if that's to happen they need to be playing at their own ground where they can maximise the profit they make.  

Whilst the pitch was a bit poor in places last night, the whole set-up last night at the Linden Club was a hundred times better than that at Bradley.  
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 7, 2016, 10:39am; Reply: 59
Quoted from diehardmariner

Eh?  

The Linden Club is their home! They want to progress and develop, if that's to happen they need to be playing at their own ground where they can maximise the profit they make.  

Whilst the pitch was a bit poor in places last night, the whole set-up last night at the Linden Club was a hundred times better than that at Bradley.  

Exactly, Bradley isn't Cleethorpes' home ground, they are just groundsharing at the minute as the current facilities at Linden Homes don't come up to the standard of that required for their league.

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think they have to pay a hefty fee everytime they use the facilities at Bradley and get nothing at all from the food and drink sold at their games.

Hopefully they can get Linden Homes up to the standard required for their league soon.
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 7, 2016, 1:18pm; Reply: 60
My understanding is that Cleethorpes Town are looking to buy the Linden Homes site as until they own their own ground they are not eligible for funding from the FA to upgrade the facilities.
Posted by: diehardmariner, July 7, 2016, 1:44pm; Reply: 61
I thought they already own it, they've either got or are in the process of getting planning permission to upgrade the facilities?
Posted by: arryarryarry, July 7, 2016, 1:54pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from diehardmariner
I thought they already own it, they've either got or are in the process of getting planning permission to upgrade the facilities?

Again, my understanding is that they can upgrade the facilities whilst still being owned by Linden Homes as they will be long term renters, but they need to fully own the site to get funding from the FA, or that is what a mate was told when speaking to someone at last night's game.
Posted by: oldun, July 7, 2016, 3:58pm; Reply: 63
That land must be valued in the millions as building land. No way will Cleethorpes Town be able to afford to buy it and I don't think Linden would let it go anyway.
Posted by: highcliff mariner, July 7, 2016, 4:14pm; Reply: 64
Quoted from oldun
That land must be valued in the millions as building land. No way will Cleethorpes Town be able to afford to buy it and I don't think Linden would let it go anyway.

ive heard that  a covenant ? Applies . I imagine if they were able to get planning to build on it they would already have done so >
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 7, 2016, 9:19pm; Reply: 65
Yes, that's what i heard. Linden bought it, obviously hoping to build on it at some point (and partly killing the reason people would want to live round there in the first place) but found there is a covenant preventing building.

Used to be Laporte's social club yonks ago.

There were also plans to build on the old donkey field last year? Site of Civil War fieldworks (you can still see the ditch and earth bank).
Posted by: Fat Cobra, July 7, 2016, 9:26pm; Reply: 66
Out of interest kingston where about is the old donkey field? Cheers
Posted by: KingstonMariner, July 7, 2016, 9:34pm; Reply: 67
It's on the corner of Clee Rd and Clee Crescent.
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 5:56am