Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 1mickylyons, June 30, 2016, 12:57pm
Has anyone heard of it re-opening or anything it`s a crying shame that the only decent sized watering hole left around the ground has closed.
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 30, 2016, 1:00pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from 1mickylyons
Has anyone heard of it re-opening or anything it`s a crying shame that the only decent sized watering hole left around the ground has closed.

Someone said last night that they'd heard it was going to be turned into a carpet showroom. Not sure how true that is though.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, June 30, 2016, 1:07pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Les Brechin

Someone said last night that they'd heard it was going to be turned into a carpet showroom. Not sure how true that is though.

I don't know if it would be cost effective BUT instead of an empty building be great if the Club/Trust could lease it?
Posted by: mariner83, June 30, 2016, 1:23pm; Reply: 3
Don't think it would be cost effective really, probably only gets busy once a fortnight for 9 months of the year?
Posted by: Posh Harry, June 30, 2016, 1:51pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from 1mickylyons

I don't know if it would be cost effective BUT instead of an empty building be great if the Club/Trust could lease it?

It would make a lot more sense for the club to improve the facilities at the ground therefore encouraging more people to come in early, earn some money and not pay rent on somewhere.

There must be an opportunity for the club here to grab some extra income by being a bit more proactive in its marketing and upgrade what they already have on site?
Posted by: bax, June 30, 2016, 2:04pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Posh Harry

It would make a lot more sense for the club to improve the facilities at the ground therefore encouraging more people to come in early, earn some money and not pay rent on somewhere.

There must be an opportunity for the club here to grab some extra income by being a bit more proactive in its marketing and upgrade what they already have on site?

Have you been in the club bars in the last 2 years? They are a million times better - the best they've ever been!
Posted by: Posh Harry, June 30, 2016, 2:16pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from bax

Have you been in the club bars in the last 2 years? They are a million times better - the best they've ever been!

To be honest bax no I haven't as I only do away games nowadays so that's good to hear. Will be coming to the New Year's Eve game though so I will definitely be sampling the upgrades. It will be first home game since last time we played Lincoln on New Year's Day when their cheating keeper got LJL sent off.

Looking forward to it already!

UTFM
Posted by: Perkins, June 30, 2016, 2:18pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Les Brechin

Well it is a pile!!!

Posted by: Garth, June 30, 2016, 3:04pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Perkins

Well it is a pile!!!

A poked pile ;)
Posted by: buckstown, June 30, 2016, 4:06pm; Reply: 9
The cost of the trust doing it up would be a big underlay out
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, June 30, 2016, 4:32pm; Reply: 10
It needs a total refirb money would be better spent by the club elsewhere especially as we are suppose to be reallocating at some point.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, June 30, 2016, 4:41pm; Reply: 11
Just had a spiffing idea covert it into a hotel or flats and use Crofty to sell/let them to players/staff at GTFC lol Nah only kidding. :P :P
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 30, 2016, 4:49pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
Just had a spiffing idea covert it into a hotel or flats and use Crofty to sell/let them to players/staff at GTFC lol Nah only kidding. :P :P

Great minds Mrs D,

I was just going to post that myself, ( tongue in cheek ) ;D
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, June 30, 2016, 5:00pm; Reply: 13
I have it on good authority that planning permission has just been submitted to convert the original building in to flats /luxury apartments.

Posted by: psgmariner, June 30, 2016, 5:05pm; Reply: 14
Luxury apartments there? Crikey.

Buy the imp and buy the land off mcdonalds, swing them build a new ground there.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 30, 2016, 6:55pm; Reply: 15
Would've thought demand for housing will be going down up there now.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, July 1, 2016, 9:04am; Reply: 16
Always had potential, always been a shithole!
Could have been so much more if done right. I know the BP hotel is hardly the most modern of boozers, but what they do, they do it spot on.
Posted by: UTMariners, July 1, 2016, 8:31pm; Reply: 17
They could do with having a few more staff on the pontoon bar.its a great idea opening it for drinking pre match but i can only ever but buy one pint as the queue is so long with only one poor bloke serving
Posted by: Cloudy, July 1, 2016, 8:38pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from UTMariners
They could do with having a few more staff on the pontoon bar.its a great idea opening it for drinking pre match but i can only ever but buy one pint as the queue is so long with only one poor bloke serving

The Trust can always do with more helpers. Why don't you offer your services?
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 12:35pm