Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, June 28, 2016, 12:25pm
Matt Dannatt reported this morning that Paul Hurst has been approached about succeeding Roy Hodgson as Engerland manager. FA chief Martin Glenn is reported to be impressed with Hurst's record and ability to work with players of limited ability and spatial awareness. He also liked the way Hurst dealt with the media.

It is understood that Grimsby Town non-chairman John Fenty has given his blessing to Hurst's appointment and will not seek compensation beyond sufficient to pay back his benign loans to the club.

If all goes well, contracts will be signed this afternoon at Millfields. Mr Hurst will start work with Engerland once he has signed his 25th player for Grimsby.

It is not known if Hurst would take his own backroom staff but there were strong rumours at Cheapside that Dave Moore had been seen carrying a bag with a red cross on it.

Two people were arrested outside Blundell Park for waving haddocks at a demonstration of support for Mr Fenty. The other demonstrator was released without charge.
Posted by: cannylad68, June 28, 2016, 1:34pm; Reply: 1
Can someone please explain why the above post gets 9 and counting, red crosses?
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, June 28, 2016, 1:37pm; Reply: 2
Think the appointment does not start until 1/4/17 so GTFC will already have been promoted by then, so no problem.
Posted by: X, June 28, 2016, 1:57pm; Reply: 3
In other news Barney the Dinosour and his back room staff Mr Blobby, Tinky Winky, and Marge Simpson to take over Grimsby Town FC, effective immediately.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, June 28, 2016, 2:04pm; Reply: 4
They'd still do a better job than Mike Newel and Neil Woods to be fair!
Posted by: golfer, June 28, 2016, 2:09pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from cannylad68
Can someone please explain why the above post gets 9 and counting, red crosses?

Because they are a right miserable lot on here and don,t like anything remotely humorous. If they do occasionally think it is funny they wont admit it, and make out they don,t understand. PS.  If you click on the 5th smiley from the left it turns all the red x,s to green ticks-- dont tell anyone because they would trade their granny for a green tick........it,s an obsession. They are theirs and you aren,t gonna get any..
Posted by: GrimRob, June 28, 2016, 3:44pm; Reply: 6
He's ruled himself out, citing his inability to speak more than one language. Have to say constantly referring to "us team" may not have gone down well with the FA.
Posted by: golfer, June 28, 2016, 4:09pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from GrimRob
He's ruled himself out, citing his inability to speak more than one language. Have to say constantly referring to "us team" may not have gone down well with the FA.

I can speek 6 langwidges effluently . I wood be sorree to cee him go but if it wood help hees chansis i wood gladlee help him to be a bylingwist like I am. I am Inglish but nowbodee forren can tell cawse I downt have a aksent.
Posted by: gary_elton, June 28, 2016, 4:47pm; Reply: 8
where is Wayne when you really need him ???
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 10:49pm