Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Grimbiggs, June 26, 2016, 12:20pm
This is an insult, no matter who won, just accept the result and get on with it.
Posted by: paramariner, June 26, 2016, 12:49pm; Reply: 1
Well seeing as the leave camp built their case on cutting immigration and are now saying we might have to allow free movement of EU citizens as a price for a trade agreement, I think we should have a second referendum.
What a total waste of time and money.😞
Posted by: Bawmariner, June 26, 2016, 1:36pm; Reply: 2
Just so everybody knows the petition was created by a leave supporter who was worried the remain camp would win. I think Leave would be just as up in arms.

I think that the referendum was flawed and that leave should have outlined a proposal for people to vote for.
Posted by: Marinerz93, June 26, 2016, 1:36pm; Reply: 3
Cameron said there wouldn't be a second referendum, it's undemocratic for a start but fascists don't want democracy.
Posted by: Bawmariner, June 26, 2016, 1:40pm; Reply: 4
What we will end up with is something probably around 10% of people voted for. They've already said they will probably have to keep freedom of movement. People have been hoodwinked by politicians once again. Now genuine concerns about immigration such as those in Boston will fall on death ears.
Posted by: GrimRob, June 26, 2016, 1:40pm; Reply: 5
Get used to arguments, the question on the ballot paper was so vague years will be spent arguing what it even meant!  :)

Then it's got to get through parliament...
Posted by: mariner91, June 26, 2016, 7:48pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Marinerz93
Cameron said there wouldn't be a second referendum, it's undemocratic for a start but fascists don't want democracy.

As has been pointed out, it was started by a Leave campaigner. I actually know the chap who started it and he's definitely not the brightest spark. Fully agree though that the decision has been made and we now need to make the best of it.
Posted by: horsforthmariner, June 26, 2016, 10:33pm; Reply: 7
It's okay to say you lost get over it -but I am going to kick off if;
a) The NHS isn't given an extra £350 million a week the second we leave the EU.
b) Turkey doesn't make rapid steps towards joining the EU.
c) Scotland leaves.
d) Our economy goes into recession.

These were promises by the Leave side and I expect them to be honoured.
Posted by: Maringer, June 26, 2016, 10:54pm; Reply: 8
The petition is an interesting news story, but nothing more. No way a few million signatures on some petition somewhere is going to overturn the result of an expensive referendum.
Print page generated: April 30, 2024, 3:25pm