Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, June 25, 2016, 8:46am
How many of you going to be wearing the famous black and white stripes!

I've got mine ready!
Posted by: ginnywings, June 25, 2016, 8:57am; Reply: 1
I'm heading out in the opposite direction in about 30 mins, going to the Dales and Lakes. Meggies will be rammed but i hope it's a great weekend for those that attend.
Posted by: DocTower, June 25, 2016, 9:08am; Reply: 2
Got parked up here where I live and I'm not moving my car . Was chaos yesterday , today is going to be worse .
Posted by: Harry Haddock, June 25, 2016, 9:57am; Reply: 3
Hope it doesn't rain too much. You've got some stormy weather heading your way
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 25, 2016, 10:42am; Reply: 4
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
How many of you going to be wearing the famous black and white stripes!

I've got mine ready!

Just going to it now wearing mine.
Went across the road earlier ( seafront ) and saw a sniffer dog checking out all the bins and bushes.

Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 25, 2016, 10:44am; Reply: 5
Hope the rain holds off, but at its core I don't think the weather will spoil it. Not when you think about the  conditions our forces have had to serve in over the ages.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, June 25, 2016, 11:18am; Reply: 6
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Hope the rain holds off, but at its core I don't think the weather will spoil it. Not when you think about the  conditions our forces have had to serve in over the ages.

I hope it is a wonderful day whatever the weather. Cannot think of a better cause and it has the added bonus of putting Cleethorpes on the front pages, especially this year the coverage will be massive.

[url]http://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/forget-brexit-david-cameron-on-his-way-to-cleethorpes-for-armed-forces-day/story-29441192-detail/story.html[/url]

Posted by: Les Brechin, June 25, 2016, 12:15pm; Reply: 7
Getting a nice display from The Red Arrows at the minute whilst I'm sat here at work.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, June 25, 2016, 2:28pm; Reply: 8
Always great to see meggies packed to the rafters and I noticed loads of town shirts the new strip aswell.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, June 25, 2016, 3:48pm; Reply: 9
Just to let you know we are running a mini assault course on pier gardens for the little ones. Completely free of charge
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 25, 2016, 9:28pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Les Brechin
Getting a nice display from The Red Arrows at the minute whilst I'm sat here at work.

They flew over my house (well a few doors down) this afternoon. Thought they were on the way back from Cleethorpes. Then I saw they 'did' Gay Pride too trailing smoke in the colours of the rainbow flag. Imagine if they'd got the smoke canisters the wrong way round.(ymca)(indian)
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, June 25, 2016, 9:56pm; Reply: 11
I see a few people that was wearing the colours today! Great to see!
Posted by: Hagrid, June 25, 2016, 10:36pm; Reply: 12
I wore mine with pride! Was a great day out
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 25, 2016, 10:40pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Hagrid
I wore mine with pride! Was a great day out

You were in London?
Posted by: Mariner16, June 25, 2016, 10:42pm; Reply: 14
Great to see loads in the new home shirt and one or two in the new away, which has convinced me to go and get it in the summer
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 25, 2016, 10:45pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from Mariner16
Great to see loads in the new home shirt and one or two in the new away, which has convinced me to go and get it in the summer

Got my away shirt the other day,

Really pleased with it vey smart
Posted by: promotion plaice, June 25, 2016, 10:57pm; Reply: 16
Brilliant day out. Saw Shaun Pearson on the seafront today and John Fenty outside the Notts tonight ( we nodded to each other as I had my Town top on ), it was buzzing with the live acts at the Memorial / Remembrance gate.

Posted by: Biccys, June 26, 2016, 2:26am; Reply: 17
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Mate, you've no idea. Once, when I was doing some menial, pointless, idiotic MoD bullshit, I had to endure a 4* hotel that, and get this... HAD NO FREE WiFi... Man times were tough back then.

Luckily, I've submitted my Early Termination paperwork and I'm gone within a month. (RARE as hens teeth btw! They must know I am a mod on here and want rid asap!)
Posted by: LH, June 26, 2016, 9:13am; Reply: 18
Good day down there as it usually is but seemingly thousands more out of towners there. I know a lot of people who'd travelled up from the Lincolnshire RAF stations (out of choice mostly) and a couple who'd come from Marham in Norfolk.

I think the day just proves what a great place Cleethorpes is and it really did well as a host for such an event. What are we getting next?
Posted by: Garth, June 26, 2016, 9:41am; Reply: 19
I had a marvellous day out yesterday amongst tens of thousands of others from all over, the weather air and ground exhibitions were second to none for a small seaside town, overall felt proud to be British.
Posted by: MarinerMart, June 26, 2016, 11:00am; Reply: 20
Saturday was great day out saw many town shirts...don't forget the ships in the Royal Dock today  :)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 26, 2016, 4:29pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from Biccys

Mate, you've no idea. Once, when I was doing some menial, pointless, idiotic MoD bullshit, I had to endure a 4* hotel that, and get this... HAD NO FREE WiFi... Man times were tough back then.

Luckily, I've submitted my Early Termination paperwork and I'm gone within a month. (RARE as hens teeth btw! They must know I am a mod on here and want rid asap!)

Isn't that a breach of your human rights?
Print page generated: May 7, 2024, 6:31pm