Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: 28195 (Guest), June 24, 2016, 8:23pm
I've decided we should start the season together, no niggles or wounds from last season. I have to admit that I've let my frustrations get the better of me and made some negative comments on here, often spouting out like a mammary. I'd compare the  journey to my marriage, often lumpy and bumpy but she's the only one for me.

Let's keep the fishy positive and unite this season as the Club continues to progress. I for one am grateful to be supporting the Mariners in the Football League.

Let's keep the Hurst momentum going UTM
Posted by: pizzzza, June 24, 2016, 8:42pm; Reply: 1
Pffffffffft, being able to moan about your team is part and parcel of being a football supporter.
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 24, 2016, 8:56pm; Reply: 2
We are town !!!!!

We are back in the league , :)

Lets enjoy the ups and downs,

As long as there are more ups than downs  ;D
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, June 24, 2016, 9:12pm; Reply: 3
lol if we lose the first game the old wounds will reopen don't you worry about that. :) :) :)
Posted by: Garth, June 24, 2016, 9:19pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from Mrs Doyle
lol if we lose the first game the old wounds will reopen don't you worry about that. :) :) :)

N aaah we`ll give it two games ;) ;D ;D
Posted by: Grimsby2012, June 24, 2016, 9:20pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Mrs Doyle

If we lose the first game, I wouldn't put it past the fans to call for a referendum of our own, one that makes grimsby in independant state from the rest of the country. We would then create our own leage "League Grimsby" and would be the only team in the league. We will always be in first place, have the best players in the league, and attracte lucrative deals with channel 5 to show our yearly game!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, June 24, 2016, 9:27pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Grimsby2012

If we lose the first game, I wouldn't put it past the fans to call for a referendum of our own, one that makes grimsby in independant state from the rest of the country. We would then create our own leage "League Grimsby" and would be the only team in the league. We will always be in first place, have the best players in the league, and attracte lucrative deals with channel 5 to show our yearly game!

This would mean we would be a bunch of merchant bankers because we can only play with ourselves. ;)

Posted by: Grimsby2012, June 24, 2016, 9:42pm; Reply: 7

This would mean we would be a bunch of merchant bankers because we can only play with ourselves. ;)

I see what you did there ;)
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 24, 2016, 9:46pm; Reply: 8
We might have voted in or out,

BUT

We are all Town fans , come on you mariners !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Meza, June 24, 2016, 10:55pm; Reply: 9
We must be patient and give the players our support.  The first game will be awesome being back in the league and all that.  Lets make sure BP is rocking.
Posted by: GrimRob, June 25, 2016, 6:00am; Reply: 10
Surely we would have grimsby and cleethorpes and be like the sicily isles where they have two teams. They have a league and two cup and even a charity shield. They ground share of course.
Posted by: lukeo, June 25, 2016, 7:42am; Reply: 11
Don't want to make a new thread so thought I'd post here,  I don't use twitter much but I popped on this morning and all I've seen is ex.players (tait and Arnold) wishing chambers the best if luck and saying he'll enjoy his time here etc.. great to see
Posted by: DocTower, June 25, 2016, 8:45am; Reply: 12
Quoted from lukeo
Don't want to make a new thread so thought I'd post here,  I don't use twitter much but I popped on this morning and all I've seen is ex.players (tait and Arnold) wishing chambers the best if luck and saying he'll enjoy his time here etc.. great to see

That's good to see . I don't do , or should I say don't understand  twitter . Regarding the two players mentioned they will never have as season like last , the support they had and trips to Wembley . They left at the top , thank you lads enjoy the rest of your career.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 25, 2016, 10:38am; Reply: 13
As I said before, I have no doubt that we will be more patient this season. There isn't the same expectation and anxiety. There are 'no pub teams we should be beating'.

Bottom at Christmas? Not even then.

So all the new players can in and feel the lurrrve.
Posted by: Biccys, June 26, 2016, 2:38am; Reply: 14
We can be the best thing for the new players. Hearing the infamous Pontoon roar WILL inspire the players to perform to the best of their abilities. What won't help are boos of derision and angry chastisements.

We owe the new players nothing.

We owe the club everything we have.

Make the new guys proud to play before us. Make them remember their time on that pitch as the most passionate and most SUPPORTIVE they've ever heard.

We're Town.

We're Town.
Posted by: Biccys, June 26, 2016, 2:43am; Reply: 15
I'm quite proud of that post............! Tweeting it in stages now..!
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 8:44pm