Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: KK_DOG, June 24, 2016, 8:24am
Have we just signed Dan Jones from Hartlepool?
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, June 24, 2016, 8:25am; Reply: 1
Yes. 21 year old centre half.
Posted by: KK_DOG, June 24, 2016, 8:26am; Reply: 2
Just listening to the Prime Minister resigning and this pops up.
Posted by: scoregasm, June 24, 2016, 8:32am; Reply: 3
Very strange does he not realise he is not going the other way. :)
Posted by: jimgtfc, June 24, 2016, 8:32am; Reply: 4
Left footed centre half that can fill in at left back. That's all I know... Another PH rabbit out the hat. Welcome to the club Dan.
Posted by: W.T.F, June 24, 2016, 8:35am; Reply: 5
Why is this a rabbit out the hat signing its a very average signing imo  :-/
Posted by: itsnotcoditshaddock, June 24, 2016, 8:45am; Reply: 6
Young centre half, perfectly good signing, he won't be starting ahead of Shaun/Josh/Boyce so no worries at all with this.
Posted by: GtfcGarner, June 24, 2016, 8:45am; Reply: 7
Looks like will be a squad player, no quarries from me. Welcome aboard.
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 24, 2016, 8:46am; Reply: 8
Quoted from W.T.F
Why is this a rabbit out the hat signing its a very average signing imo  :-/

I think he means that it's another surprise signing and a name that's not been mentioned by anyone, rather than how good a signing it is.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, June 24, 2016, 8:52am; Reply: 9
Anyone else we can sign from Hartlepool. I hear they have a prolific striker?
Posted by: ginnywings, June 24, 2016, 8:52am; Reply: 10
I expect our resident Hartlepoolers to be on here shortly telling us how excrement he is and they didn't need him because they now have Toto.

Welcome Dan.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, June 24, 2016, 8:53am; Reply: 11
That is central defence sorted then - nice mix of youth and experience.  I expect Josh G to be first choice with Boyce and Pearson vying for the other spot and this guy in the wings for next season.
Posted by: IlkleyMariner, June 24, 2016, 8:55am; Reply: 12
Don't know anything about him but we need squad players and someone who hopefully develops into a first team player.
Posted by: devon mariner, June 24, 2016, 9:24am; Reply: 13
From the Hartlepool message board

"Good for him. Hopefully they'll use him as a left sided centre half rather than a left back. There's a promising player there."

Sounds like he could be one to learn from the likes of Pearson and Gowling.  Defence seems to be all but sorted now.
Another couple of midfielders/wingers and a couple of strikers and we will have a starting squad. ;D
Posted by: bobbyturtle, June 24, 2016, 9:25am; Reply: 14
Welcome
Posted by: mariner91, June 24, 2016, 9:48am; Reply: 15
Welcome Dan.
Posted by: Mariner56, June 24, 2016, 9:57am; Reply: 16
Clearly brought in a defender but has also played the odd game on left side of midfield for reserves and youth team.

http://www.hartlepoolunited.co.uk/news/article/190413-jones-offered-pro-deal-781534.aspx
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 24, 2016, 10:02am; Reply: 17
Welcome to the mighty mariners Dan.
Posted by: OllieGTFC, June 24, 2016, 10:15am; Reply: 18
Does anyone else think we are going to set up defensively next week ? Don't get me wrong it's not a bad thing but all we signed mainly is defenders
Posted by: rancido, June 24, 2016, 10:23am; Reply: 19
Quoted from devon mariner
From the Hartlepool message board

"Good for him. Hopefully they'll use him as a left sided centre half rather than a left back. There's a promising player there."

Sounds like he could be one to learn from the likes of Pearson and Gowling.  Defence seems to be all but sorted now.
Another couple of midfielders/wingers and a couple of strikers and we will have a starting squad. ;D

I the same way as Toto is better as a right sided centre half rather than a right back !
Posted by: MonkeyHanger1908, June 24, 2016, 10:23am; Reply: 20
Firstly, you havn't 'signed him from Hartlepool' as he was released  :)

However..... I'm not going to lie i liked him and didn't think he should of been released! It seems the manager wants experience at the back as we also released Scott Harrison (CB). Like the quote from the Hpool message board said, hes best at Left Side CB. Has a great left foot to fill in at LB/LWB and will head a fridge.
Posted by: rancido, June 24, 2016, 10:25am; Reply: 21
Quoted from MonkeyHanger1908
Firstly, you havn't 'signed him from Hartlepool' as he was released  :)

However..... I'm not going to lie i liked him and didn't think he should of been released! It seems the manager wants experience at the back as we also released Scott Harrison (CB). Like the quote from the Hpool message board said, hes best at Left Side CB. Has a great left foot to fill in at LB/LWB and will head a fridge.

I'm more concerned about his ability to head a ball. ;D
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, June 24, 2016, 10:37am; Reply: 22
Can't see it as more than a squad signing. He's back up material but at least we now do have defensive back up and he has played at this level and he's young enough to be coached into a decent player.

For every genius you do need a few labourers. Not quite sure we've signed the genius yet though. ;)
Posted by: topuphere666, June 24, 2016, 10:41am; Reply: 23
We seem sorted defensively now, maybe a right back should Mills get injured? Unless one of the CB can cover.

Looking promising now!  Roll on pre season!
Posted by: mariner91, June 24, 2016, 10:53am; Reply: 24
Mike White suggests we may be signing another full back today which would mean the defence is all set.
Posted by: northbankmariner, June 24, 2016, 10:53am; Reply: 25
Young player with some experience at league level. Potentially a good signing, hope he has pace to add to his heading ability. A welcome addition to the squad, one thing the manager knows is defenders and if he rates him in this area that's fine by me. Welcome aboard Dan.
Posted by: mariner91, June 24, 2016, 11:03am; Reply: 26
Mike White just tweeted: "Hearing that forward Ashley Chambers could be next through the door at Grimsby Town. Had a loan spell with the Mariners in 2010. #gtfc"

Not going to lie, would be disappointed with that considering what we saw of him whilst here and his record since then.
Posted by: Bigdog, June 24, 2016, 2:01pm; Reply: 27
Got a feeling that Dan Jones may be more than a back up member of the squad. Virtually every comment about him elsewhere includes the word quick..
Posted by: Blue_Stripes, June 24, 2016, 8:28pm; Reply: 28
He's a bloody good player surprised we let him go to be honest.
Posted by: Garth, June 24, 2016, 9:17pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Bigdog
Got a feeling that Dan Jones may be more than a back up member of the squad. Virtually every comment about him elsewhere includes the word quick..

Comment from Blue Stripes on the other thread
Dan Jones is a excellent player who will not let you down.He's just not very quick not a left back deffo better at centre half,

Just saying like ;D we will draw our own conclusions
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 1:27pm