Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Henryscat, June 23, 2016, 1:35pm
Midfielder from Scunny.

Signs a 2 year deal
Posted by: ginnywings, June 23, 2016, 1:38pm; Reply: 1
Good signing. We need league experience in the engine room.
Posted by: cleethorpes_mariner, June 23, 2016, 1:39pm; Reply: 2
is Scunthorpe our feeder club  :)
Posted by: cmackenzie4, June 23, 2016, 1:39pm; Reply: 3
Not heard of him, what's he like then?
Posted by: mariner91, June 23, 2016, 1:41pm; Reply: 4
Welcome Sean. Good solid signing. Certainly an improvement on Clay.
Posted by: Les Brechin, June 23, 2016, 1:41pm; Reply: 5
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_McAllister
Posted by: supertown, June 23, 2016, 1:41pm; Reply: 6
I mentioned him as a possible 3 weeks ago. 24th May on the Nolan thread
Posted by: Henryscat, June 23, 2016, 1:43pm; Reply: 7
Mike White just tweeted he was Scunts poty in L2
Posted by: Henryscat, June 23, 2016, 1:46pm; Reply: 8
Promoted with Shrewsbury 11/12
Promoted with scunts and player of the year.

I'm liking the sounds of him!
Posted by: ginnywings, June 23, 2016, 1:47pm; Reply: 9
Good grounding at Man Utd and not had a lot of clubs, so he hasn't been moved on much in his career. Good solid league pedigree. Well chuffed at that and as someone said, a cut above the Craig Clay's, no disrespect to him.
Posted by: LondonMariner43, June 23, 2016, 1:47pm; Reply: 10
once again, PH pulls out a signing that no-one was expecting.   I am also very encouraged that he seems to be signing a few players who are local, so we don't have the whole car sharing thing going on.
Posted by: supertown, June 23, 2016, 1:48pm; Reply: 11
He is well respected by the scunts , great signing
Posted by: Mariner1980, June 23, 2016, 1:49pm; Reply: 12
Good signing.
Posted by: Mariner_09, June 23, 2016, 1:50pm; Reply: 13
Well we've had 8 or 9 names flying around and Hursty signs one that was barely mentioned ever before, apparently he's a proper footballer.
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, June 23, 2016, 1:50pm; Reply: 14
The last time I saw him play I can't say he made any lasting impression

But then again I was more caught up in the atmosphere, celebrating our victory  ;)

http://www.skysports.com/football/scunthorpe-vs-grimsby/teams/304984
Posted by: cmackenzie4, June 23, 2016, 1:53pm; Reply: 15
Looking at the signings made it looks like Paul is improving the quality all round, excited about  a new striker coming too.
Posted by: forza ivano, June 23, 2016, 1:56pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Looking at the signings made it looks like Paul is improving the quality all round, excited about  a new striker coming too.

what new striker? moses emmanuel would be interesting
Posted by: Garth, June 23, 2016, 1:56pm; Reply: 17
Replacement for Nolan, similar type of footballing midfielder good player by all accounts, you just can`t read poker player Hurst, who`s next out of his hat?
Posted by: cmackenzie4, June 23, 2016, 1:58pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from forza ivano

what new striker? moses emmanuel would be interesting

I know nothing Forza, I find all my info off the fishy  ;) surely there will be a striker coming in within the next week to ten days though.
Posted by: bedders78, June 23, 2016, 2:00pm; Reply: 19
Looks like a deep lying midfielder with 6 goals in 226 games.  Good age and pedigree, Hurst looks to have pulled another one out of the hat :)
Posted by: forza ivano, June 23, 2016, 2:05pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from bedders78
Looks like a deep lying midfielder with 6 goals in 226 games.  Good age and pedigree, Hurst looks to have pulled another one out of the hat :)

saw a description of him as a duracell bunny midfielder! also; out of his depth in league 1 but excellent for league 2
oxford fans impressed by him when they had him on trial
Posted by: Mariner_09, June 23, 2016, 2:05pm; Reply: 21
Don't know what Hursty's doing as a footy manager, he should be winning millions in Vegas!
Posted by: bobbyturtle, June 23, 2016, 2:06pm; Reply: 22
Welcome
Posted by: Mallyner, June 23, 2016, 2:08pm; Reply: 23
is Scunthorpe our feeder club  :)

I can liken it to the digestive system, Scunthorpe are the mouth, we are the stomach and Hartlepool is where it ends up.

An excellent signing, as long as we are not depending on him for goals.  ;)
Posted by: jimgtfc, June 23, 2016, 2:08pm; Reply: 24
Now this is a quality signing, I wonder if hurst is looking at maybe playing a 4231 or a 433 next season, with him signing a deeper midfielder in Mcallister to go with Disley. He's also looking at attacking wingers/midfielders like Browne and maybe Vose rather than the traditional wide players that would normally fit a 442. It's definitely interesting to see the squad taking shape.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, June 23, 2016, 2:13pm; Reply: 25
https://footballfragmento.wordpress.com/2016/05/09/league-one-released-players-summer-2016/

No more released Scunny players left, will have to look else where now.
Posted by: forza ivano, June 23, 2016, 2:15pm; Reply: 26
all good things from wednesdayites

https://owlsonline.com/?page=forum&thread_id=26322&selpage=0#7
Posted by: RonMariner, June 23, 2016, 2:17pm; Reply: 27
Very good signing. If we do manage to land Ben Davies as well we will have a very tasty midfield.
Posted by: northbankmariner, June 23, 2016, 2:23pm; Reply: 28
on paper a very good signing. Lots of football league experience and at 28 still young and hopefully quick enough to get around the pitch. As others have mentioned he will be a holding type midfielder as he has no record of goal scoring worth mentioning according to his stats. Not bothered that he has come from one of our local rivals as lets face it they have been playing at a higher standard recently so this is all a positive for me. A replacement for Clay I would think. Whilst Clay didn't do a lot wrong he never put in many telling performances for me, hopefully this guy can spread the ball about a bit.
Lets see who signs next?
Well done on the signing Town, and welcome aboard Sean.
Posted by: Golden fox, June 23, 2016, 2:24pm; Reply: 29
I think it's fair to say now with the calibre of player we are signing there can be no qualms about Pauls budget. Fox
Posted by: acko338, June 23, 2016, 2:42pm; Reply: 30
Yes, very encouraging as we move gently from back four through midfield to strikers in our player search - almost looks like it's been set out as a pitch and going back to front in order !!

Forwards - expect your phone calls next week !!
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, June 23, 2016, 2:47pm; Reply: 31
Good signing, promotions with Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe out of League Two, their fans all say he's a very good player at this level.  

Played at Shrewsbury Town when Disley was there. Also noticed McAllister holds the UEFA B coaching licence.

On 'Mariners Player' McAllister says: "He drove Boycey down here yesterday, they both live in Doncaster." Surprised none of the press saw McAllister?

Also he said: "He nearly had a deal done last week before Grimsby Town came in for him, but it was only a one-year deal and the location was far away, his g/f also lives in Doncaster and she didn't want to uproot and change jobs."
Posted by: UTMariners, June 23, 2016, 2:52pm; Reply: 32
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3S8EbFvGsY

Posted by: ginnywings, June 23, 2016, 2:59pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from acko338
Yes, very encouraging as we move gently from back four through midfield to strikers in our player search - almost looks like it's been set out as a pitch and going back to front in order !!

Forwards - expect your phone calls next week !!

Wouldn't want to the players signed in a fortnight then. Subs followed by squad fodder.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, June 23, 2016, 3:36pm; Reply: 34
Damn Hurst sure does keep it interesting doesn't he. Quality midfielder
Posted by: gtfc82, June 23, 2016, 3:36pm; Reply: 35
Really liking the players that Hurst is bringing in. A good combination of players with  league experience, who aren't journeymen and younger, ambitious conference players. Looking good!  :)
Posted by: jonnyboy82, June 23, 2016, 3:44pm; Reply: 36
Great signing.

Shaping up nicely now.
Posted by: Grimal, June 23, 2016, 3:51pm; Reply: 37
Welcome to GTFC Sean.    Another quality signing. Keep em coming Paul.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, June 23, 2016, 7:44pm; Reply: 38
Good signing that. Tons of experience at this level.
Posted by: AndyGTFC, June 23, 2016, 8:43pm; Reply: 39
Great signing, seem him quite a few times. Screens the back four well but is a very good passer of the ball too. Keeps things simple and helps set the tempo.

Definitely seem to be going for the right type of players.
Posted by: MarinerGaz, June 23, 2016, 8:53pm; Reply: 40
Hopefully found our League 2 Kante 🙂
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 23, 2016, 9:06pm; Reply: 41
looks like a really decent signing............Nice one PH, good luck Sean you've signed for a proper club now.!
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, June 23, 2016, 9:16pm; Reply: 42
If you haven't already, have a listen to this from earlier tonight.  On about McAllister and Boycey, 23 minutes in to 33 minutes >> [url=http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03xfgqr#play]http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03xfgqr#play[/url]

Kerr reckons McAllister is a brilliant signing and also Boycey isn't the finished article yet and is capable of progressing up the league tiers.  McAllister going to be on Radio Humberside tomorrow.
Posted by: ScunthorpeFan, June 24, 2016, 8:42am; Reply: 43
Hi all Scunny fan here, I have just came onto say you've got yourselves a good signing in Sean McAllister especially for League 2. Don't expect him to score many goals but what you will get out of him is 100% in every match he plays in. You can expect to see a tough tackling defensive midfielder who will do a lot of so called "dirty work" for you. His passing on a whole is neat, if not spectacular, but his decision making is good to go and start off attacks. He was voted our player of the season when we won promotion from League 2 and it was completely deserved.  
Posted by: ginnywings, June 24, 2016, 8:59am; Reply: 44
Cheers. We've heard nothing but good things about him and hopefully he can be a part of us catching you up in League 1.
Posted by: Maringer, June 24, 2016, 10:01am; Reply: 45
Sounds, perhaps, a bit like a Scott Kerr (before his legs went) sort of a player? Just the sort of player we require to steady the midfield area.
Posted by: gaz57, June 24, 2016, 10:35am; Reply: 46
Quoted from ScunthorpeFan
Hi all Scunny fan here, I have just came onto say you've got yourselves a good signing in Sean McAllister especially for League 2. Don't expect him to score many goals but what you will get out of him is 100% in every match he plays in. You can expect to see a tough tackling defensive midfielder who will do a lot of so called "dirty work" for you. His passing on a whole is neat, if not spectacular, but his decision making is good to go and start off attacks. He was voted our player of the season when we won promotion from League 2 and it was completely deserved.  

Thanks for coming on with that info.
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, June 24, 2016, 4:20pm; Reply: 47
Wow, just found out one of the other clubs McAllister turned down in favor of joining Grimsby Town.  Doncaster Rovers! and he lives there! lol Because they only offered him a one-year deal.

McAllister just said on Radio Humberside talking to Mike White! I love this guy already lol!  
Posted by: Tinymariner, June 24, 2016, 7:08pm; Reply: 48
I thought he said it wasn't Donny, but it was a relegated team so either Colchester, Blackpool or Crewe.
Posted by: Stew0_0, June 24, 2016, 7:32pm; Reply: 49
I think this is the nearest to a pouton type player weve had for years and is gonna be a class signing. Will sit and mop up in front of the back four all day and has good pace and a snap in the tackle.
this should give good license for disley/ a other to get forward and support attack. Something we missed badly last term as dis was wasted playing deeper.
Our best signing so far!
Posted by: Madeleymariner, June 24, 2016, 10:17pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from Stew0_0
I think this is the nearest to a pouton type player weve had for years and is gonna be a class signing. Will sit and mop up in front of the back four all day and has good pace and a snap in the tackle.
this should give good license for disley/ a other to get forward and support attack. Something we missed badly last term as dis was wasted playing deeper.
Our best signing so far!

I am on The Fishy aren't I, Scunny reject, best signing so far, whats happening to this board :P :) :) :) :)
Posted by: H19P1, June 25, 2016, 7:16am; Reply: 51
Player of the season coming right up 😉
Posted by: RonMariner, June 25, 2016, 10:03am; Reply: 52
I was depressed by the mass exodus, but have to say that I am really impressed with the new signings.

If by some miracle we could land Ben Davies too we would have the best midfield line up we have had for well over a decade.

I still wish we could have kept Podge though. With the kind of service available from the new line up I am convinced he would have scored a hatful for us next season.

Still. Let's see who we get to replace him.

Posted by: Madeleymariner, June 25, 2016, 4:39pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from Madeleymariner

I am on The Fishy aren't I, Scunny reject, best signing so far, whats happening to this board :P :) :) :) :)

Four crosses! some people on here have had a humour transplant ;D
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 3:21pm