Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 31, 2016, 7:44pm
Leeds have made an approach for Darrell Clark
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 31, 2016, 8:00pm; Reply: 1
Didn't this all happen a few days ago?
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 31, 2016, 8:22pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Les Brechin
Didn't this all happen a few days ago?

No Les.

[url]http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/breaking-leeds-united-part-company-with-steve-evans-1-7940739[/url]

Seems even the Leeds fans were quite impressed with Evans. He did what he was hired to do.  It won't have done him any harm on his cv.
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 31, 2016, 8:25pm; Reply: 3
The Leeds approach for Darrell Clarke did happen a few days ago but Clarke turned down their approach and signed a new three-year deal with Bristol Rovers.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 31, 2016, 9:01pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from promotion plaice
The Leeds approach for Darrell Clarke did happen a few days ago but Clarke turned down their approach and signed a new three-year deal with Bristol Rovers.

That's what I saw. I just assumed because they'd approached Clarke that Evans had been sacked.
Posted by: chaos33, May 31, 2016, 10:06pm; Reply: 5
I'm a bit surprised at Clarke.
Posted by: A Brace Of Tees, May 31, 2016, 10:40pm; Reply: 6
Evans has indeed now been sacked.

It seems that Leeds are even dafter than Watford when it comes to turnover of managers havings got through six of them since the current regime took over in April 2014.

Using that calculation, if Man Utd for example had run their affairs like this in the period 1986-2013, then instead of having just the one manager (Alex Fergusson), they would instead have hired and fired 77 of them!
Posted by: aldi_01, June 1, 2016, 9:02am; Reply: 7
If Evans is crooked enough for Cellino then nobody is. Two vile men you wouldn't want any where near you club...
Posted by: 97 (Guest), June 1, 2016, 2:02pm; Reply: 8
smartest move Darrell Clarke's ever made...
Posted by: Maringer, June 1, 2016, 2:11pm; Reply: 9
The only reason any manager would go to Leeds at the current time would be to make a quick buck. Barring a miraculous run to promotion (and even then) you know the chances of any manager keeping a job there to the end of the season is remote, so whoever takes charge just needs to make sure they've got a pay-off written into their contract.
Posted by: Rik e B, June 1, 2016, 2:17pm; Reply: 10
Poisoned chalice if ever there was one! Usually managers would be queuing up left right and centre to manage such a big club but seems like a few turning their noses up now and rightly so with that crazed buffoon in charge. Darrell Clarke is a smart man.
Posted by: moosey_club, June 1, 2016, 3:50pm; Reply: 11
Any pay off will see Evans ok for replenishing his guyliner for a couple of months, plus getting binned at this stage of his tenure he can claim he did a half decent job for his next appointment.
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 1, 2016, 3:59pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from chaos33
I'm a bit surprised at Clarke.

Why ?

He is getting well looked after at Bristol and they have a good fan base,

That Leeds job might only last 6 months,
Posted by: DocTower, June 1, 2016, 4:40pm; Reply: 13
Leeds were doing ok with Evans , the staff there got on well with him . I know this because one of my ex work colleagues works  there .

He says Gary Monk is lined up , don't know how true it is , trouble is the powers at the top .

Leeds should be , for the size of the club , should be in the top division , however I think the discrepancy in money from the premiership to championship , if you haven't got a russian billionaire as chairman is insurmountable.  
Posted by: LostInSpace, June 1, 2016, 10:30pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from grimsby pete

Why ?

He is getting well looked after at Bristol and they have a good fan base,

That Leeds job might only last 6 months,

It seems the double promo and the investment from Jordan has brought a "different" air to the whole set up here, Season ticket sales have reached 6,000 according to reports, that is over half the ground's current capacity,i personally cannot recall sales ever being above 4,500 - 5,000 since we were at Eastville! and discussions are in place to tinker with areas of the ground to up the limit to 12,700...

hope your plans for L2 are well in  place and all goes well for you,, enjoy the summer,,,Won't be long now !!!
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, June 2, 2016, 6:20pm; Reply: 15
Gary Monk has been appointed. He must be barmy. At least Evans had a relatively achievable aim, Monk's goal is promotion. If they are not in the top 4 by the end of September he will be history.

[url]http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/watch-leeds-united-confident-garry-monk-sets-sights-on-premier-league-promotion-1-7944512[/url]
Posted by: mariner paul, June 2, 2016, 7:41pm; Reply: 16
Joke club joke owner
Print page generated: May 5, 2024, 2:02am