Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: killingholmemariner, May 30, 2016, 5:24pm
Surely worth a punt? Proven record and is now a free agent
Posted by: Tommy, May 30, 2016, 5:26pm; Reply: 1
Nope.

Hurst wouldn't be interested anyway because Akinfenwa wouldn't be able to work as hard (chasing and closing down) as Hurst expects of his strikers.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 30, 2016, 5:19pm; Reply: 2

Have we got a big enough shirt?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 30, 2016, 5:22pm; Reply: 3

He's being released for a reason.
Posted by: Mrs Doyle, May 30, 2016, 5:29pm; Reply: 4
Aged 34 be a BIG signing have we got a shirt to fit him?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 30, 2016, 5:34pm; Reply: 5
He's been on the bench a lot this season. More of an impact sub now. More of of southern boy too. Expect he'll turn up at somewhere like Eastleigh.
Posted by: RonMariner, May 30, 2016, 5:42pm; Reply: 6
Perhaps he could partner Parkin at VGR  :)
Posted by: topuphere666, May 30, 2016, 5:43pm; Reply: 7
God no. Would expect he will be after huge wages, his interview after the game showed a huge lack of class towards the manager and club. We can do a lot better.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, May 30, 2016, 5:48pm; Reply: 8
Reckon Hurst should Whatsapp him!!!
Posted by: Rik e B, May 30, 2016, 5:49pm; Reply: 9
I prefer to leave Hurst to it rather than make suggestions  as there's more to it than ability alone -off the field characteristics important too for squad harmony and I haven't got a fecking clue who's right and who is not
Posted by: pizzzza, May 30, 2016, 5:51pm; Reply: 10
Don't think he has played up north since his spell at Donny (I think that was back in 2004).
Posted by: Garth, May 30, 2016, 6:04pm; Reply: 11
No too big, too fat, too old and too expensive, we are supposed to be on the up FFS
Posted by: Freemoash88, May 30, 2016, 6:06pm; Reply: 12
How much we betting he goes to FGR?
Posted by: Jaws, May 30, 2016, 6:07pm; Reply: 13
He won't move up north for a year anyway
Posted by: Codswede, May 30, 2016, 6:06pm; Reply: 14
He's shown huge lack of class today, stealing the glory when I bet he wouldn't want the penalty if it was 1-0 the other way.

Also his interview was disgraceful. Maybe I'm old fashioned in thinking the day was all about Wimbledon, but him making it about 'beast mode' (a brand, just like MK Dons is a brand) was a complete middle finger to everything AFC Dons have been through.
Posted by: GtfcGarner, May 30, 2016, 6:29pm; Reply: 15
Codswede summed it up for me, made sure that he had his brand on show for hundreds of thousands to see on TV rather than his AFC Wimbledon shirt. Also for him to put the manager in a awkward position by saying, "I'm getting released" showed a huge dent in his personality. Like others have said I expect him to be at somewhere like Eastleigh/FGR to match his wages and stay down south. Well done to AFC Wimbledon though nevertheless and congratulations I hope they leapfrog MK Dons for many of years to come.
Posted by: friskneymariner, May 30, 2016, 6:34pm; Reply: 16
A front two of Rhead and Akinfenwa,might not score a lot but we would sell a lot of pies.
Posted by: springstomind, May 30, 2016, 6:51pm; Reply: 17
I think the bloke is class, a real character with a proper personality, but the only good that could come from signing him would be all the money for the merchandise and press coverage etc, he is a franchise and a FIFA game legend haha, be realistically he's not the sort of player Hurst would touch due to lack of work rate, will to impress manager, fight for the team etc etc. So altgough I'd love to see it, my head says no.
Posted by: topuphere666, May 30, 2016, 6:44pm; Reply: 18
Wouldn't need to buy a roller either
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 30, 2016, 6:51pm; Reply: 19
Didn't  Buckley want to bring him in?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 30, 2016, 6:54pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Freemoash88
How much we betting he goes to FGR?

FGR players are not allowed red meat apparently ............No chance of him going there then.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 30, 2016, 9:43pm; Reply: 21
Way too disruptive

File under Brodie, male private
Posted by: chaos33, May 30, 2016, 9:52pm; Reply: 22
Still can't believe that York have signed Brodie! (oops)(focus)
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, May 30, 2016, 10:37pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Rik e B
I prefer to leave Hurst to it rather than make suggestions  as there's more to it than ability alone -off the field characteristics important too for squad harmony and I haven't got a fecking clue who's right and who is not

Is there any chance ( seeing as you seem to respect Hurst) that you can remove that stupid photo shopped picture of him? What is it supposed to represent anyway?
Posted by: 75 (Guest), May 30, 2016, 10:35pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Garth
No too big, too fat, too old and too expensive, we are supposed to be on the up FFS

While I agree with the rest of what you write, he isn't fat. He's all muscle, he's a beast!
Posted by: 75 (Guest), May 30, 2016, 10:37pm; Reply: 25

Is there any chance ( seeing as you seem to respect Hurst) that you can remove that stupid photo shopped picture of him? What is it supposed to represent anyway?

I think Rik e B is suggesting PH is some sort of gangsta homey.
Posted by: psgmariner, May 31, 2016, 7:58am; Reply: 26
Eastleigh bound apparently.
Posted by: fishyrich, May 31, 2016, 8:09am; Reply: 27
I wouldn't want him, he's on his way down these days. To be fair though a little credit to the guy for making the best of what he's been given.

He'll get one more payday somewhere but, thankfully, no chance it'll be with us

UTM
Posted by: Paris Mariner, May 31, 2016, 11:05am; Reply: 28

No, old, fat and overrated.
Posted by: DocTower, May 31, 2016, 11:10am; Reply: 29
Quoted from chaos33
Still can't believe that York have signed Brodie! (oops)(focus)

Thsts where it all started for him ,  journey man , might just suit him , fans favorite there .
Posted by: pontoonlew, May 31, 2016, 11:37am; Reply: 30
Anybody who calls him fat wants their head testing.

The bloke is loved by all of his former clubs fans, that's testament enough for me. He's bossed the lower leagues for his whole career and if anybody watched the away game at Accrington in the play offs, he won it for them.

I like him, he's almost definitely not what we'd sign but some of the comments on here are way off the mark.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 31, 2016, 11:44am; Reply: 31

A very good impact sub at lower level not really what we should be looking for in my opinion.
Posted by: 1mickylyons, May 31, 2016, 11:46am; Reply: 32
Quoted from pontoonlew
Anybody who calls him fat wants their head testing.

The bloke is loved by all of his former clubs fans, that's testament enough for me. He's bossed the lower leagues for his whole career and if anybody watched the away game at Accrington in the play offs, he won it for them.

I like him, he's almost definitely not what we'd sign but some of the comments on here are way off the mark.

I agree had a good career these days proper impact player but sadly only likely to get 20 mins maximum out of him we need to look elsewhere and I doubt he would want to move this far North in any case.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 31, 2016, 11:52am; Reply: 33
Quoted from Paris Mariner

No, old, fat and overrated.

This isn't the thread on Parkin mate...
Posted by: oldun, May 31, 2016, 12:10pm; Reply: 34
We don't want players on the way down. He could have a good season in the National League though
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 31, 2016, 12:15pm; Reply: 35
Not sure if the old noggin is playing tricks on me, but didn't we try and sign him from Northampton a few years ago
Posted by: horsforthmariner, May 31, 2016, 12:22pm; Reply: 36
I'm sure he'd do a good job in the conference but not one for us.
Posted by: mariner83, May 31, 2016, 12:25pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Not sure if the old noggin is playing tricks on me, but didn't we try and sign him from Northampton a few years ago

just found this [url=http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/now-grimsby-join-race-to-sign-akinfenwa-1-926868]http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/sport/football/now-grimsby-join-race-to-sign-akinfenwa-1-926868[/url]
Posted by: ginnywings, May 31, 2016, 12:56pm; Reply: 38
Last time he played at BP, he was very good and the difference between the teams.
Posted by: acko338, May 31, 2016, 1:14pm; Reply: 39
It's a no from me, even as a super sub like we've used JPP this year - lots of cash for not a lot of playtime.
Posted by: Davec, May 31, 2016, 2:37pm; Reply: 40
Cambridge and Portsmouth interested in him also apparently
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 31, 2016, 6:05pm; Reply: 41
I would rather we went for someone a bit younger,

PLUS

He is overweight but it is muscle not fat he has to carry around.
Posted by: MarinerGaz, May 31, 2016, 6:21pm; Reply: 42
There's the Lloyd Griffith FIFA vid connection here, hoping it ends with Messi signing as well! 🙂
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 31, 2016, 7:14pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from MarinerGaz
There's the Lloyd Griffith FIFA vid connection here, hoping it ends with Messi signing as well! 🙂

Knowing our look we'd end up with Lloyd instead.

(and yes we've had some right comedians here too).
Print page generated: May 3, 2024, 2:39pm