Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 30, 2016, 3:32pm

I wonder which one we will be playing next season.

Off to the pub to watch second half as I don't have Sky.
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 30, 2016, 3:50pm; Reply: 1
Quoted from promotion plaice

I wonder which one we will be playing next season.

Off to the pub to watch second half as I don't have Sky.

You're lucky. Poor poor game.
Not like ours 😄😄⚽️⚽️
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 30, 2016, 4:13pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from Civvy at last

You're lucky. Poor poor game.
Not like ours 😄😄⚽️⚽️

Agree Civvy

From what I've seen neither side seem to have that something special to win it...both probably too afraid of defeat rather then looking to win

If this is representative of the top end of League 2 then I think on this showing we should be ok next season  ::)

Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, May 30, 2016, 4:08pm; Reply: 3
You'd have your house on Wimbledon to score now, Plymouth keep losing it.
Posted by: chelseacity, May 30, 2016, 4:09pm; Reply: 4
As i am ex Royal Navy and used to live in Plymouth, and the fact that i have a house in Maida Vale London, i want to see Plymouth promoted, not to mention that for Town fans travelling to Plymouth it is a good 7 hour drive there, but Wimbledon is as most of you know with our recent 2 visits to London is only a 3 and a half hour drive, come on Plymouth Argyle, out of interest i said good morning last Sunday to Paul Weller from the Jam, he is recording a new album just up the road at Maida Vale studios.
Posted by: gary_elton, May 30, 2016, 4:11pm; Reply: 5
Poor , poor game..... might go out and strike the BBQ up now instead of waiting until the end...

it's that bad......  (confused1)
Posted by: Civvy at last, May 30, 2016, 4:31pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Mariner Ronnie
You'd have your house on Wimbledon to score now, Plymouth keep losing it.

Lottery numbers please  ;D
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 30, 2016, 4:38pm; Reply: 7
1-0 Wombles
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, May 30, 2016, 4:34pm; Reply: 8

Lottery numbers please  ;D

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42

Anyone who watched lost would know 😉
Posted by: nervous norriss, May 30, 2016, 4:36pm; Reply: 9
Weekend in Plymouth would be good great memories from union street. Monroe's/blondes boobs twigs or the list could go on. Would also have to pop into the R N A and the key ham happy days? Come on Wimbledon
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, May 30, 2016, 4:46pm; Reply: 10
House in Maida Vale!  ??) ??) ??)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 30, 2016, 4:47pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from chelseacity
As i am ex Royal Navy and used to live in Plymouth, and the fact that i have a house in Maida Vale London, i want to see Plymouth promoted, not to mention that for Town fans travelling to Plymouth it is a good 7 hour drive there, but Wimbledon is as most of you know with our recent 2 visits to London is only a 3 and a half hour drive, come on Plymouth Argyle, out of interest i said good morning last Sunday to Paul Weller from the Jam, he is recording a new album just up the road at Maida Vale studios.

House in Maida Vale?! Kerching! Wanna sponsor Town?
Posted by: Archer, May 30, 2016, 4:57pm; Reply: 12
Nice one Wimbledon i didn't want to see that McCormick celebrating.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 30, 2016, 5:00pm; Reply: 13
Well done to the Dons. Pleased for them but bit of a sodomist as I was hoping to walk to the Town game next season.
Posted by: mariner91, May 30, 2016, 5:02pm; Reply: 14
Gutted, could easily make Wimbedon but way more difficult for me to Plymouth. Oh well, nice that they've caught up Franchise FC! Here's hoping they stuff them.
Posted by: jimgtfc, May 30, 2016, 4:59pm; Reply: 15
Absolutely buzzing for the Dons fans, well deserved after much longer heart ache than we had. Shame we won't be playing them next year, but the Dons v MK franchise games next season will be something else!
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 30, 2016, 5:03pm; Reply: 16
Hhhmmm.......... Other than you get a bit less time on the ball and we need to sign some bigger lads not sure what that tells us about where we need to improve to establish ourselves in League 2.

Well done to Wimbledon a lesson for all the Pete Winkleman's, Vincent Tans, Dayle Vince's etc etc,,,  in the game.

Posted by: Civvy at last, May 30, 2016, 5:08pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from nervous norriss
Weekend in Plymouth would be good great memories from union street. Monroe's/blondes boobs twigs or the list could go on. Would also have to pop into the R N A and the key ham happy days? Come on Wimbledon

You never mentioned Diamond Lills. Fking sprog 🍻🍻🍻
Posted by: GtfcGarner, May 30, 2016, 5:17pm; Reply: 18
Akinfenwa after a job..
Posted by: Garth, May 30, 2016, 5:23pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Hhhmmm.......... Other than you get a bit less time on the ball and we need to sign some bigger lads not sure what that tells us about where we need to improve to establish ourselves in League 2.

Well done to Wimbledon a lesson for all the Pete Winkleman's, Vincent Tans, Dayle Vince's etc etc,,,  in the game.

Tells me that PH was right to clear the decks for next season, the play was faster, the players showed more skill and were more physical than what we have been used to in the last few years.
Posted by: nervous norriss, May 30, 2016, 5:18pm; Reply: 20

Oops a proper salty I will have to pull up a bollard and listen to your D I T S ? You must of spent longer on one wave than I was in the Andrew ?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 30, 2016, 5:37pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from mariner91
Gutted, could easily make Wimbedon but way more difficult for me to Plymouth. Oh well, nice that they've caught up Franchise FC! Here's hoping they stuff them.

Wasn't you in Queens Road in the new home shirt the other day was it?
Posted by: RonMariner, May 30, 2016, 5:41pm; Reply: 22
Great to see them promoted.

It's been a great season. Leicester winning the Prem, Us going up and now Wimbledon going up too.

I am delighted by all three. I was even happy to see Hull go up because it could mean some good loan deals for us.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 30, 2016, 5:36pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Garth

Tells me that PH was right to clear the decks for next season, the play was faster, the players showed more skill and were more physical than what we have been used to in the last few years.

Yeah reckon we will need to bring in some real experience and a bit of pace up front and out wide. Not sure a week in week out 4 - 4 - 2 will work either.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 30, 2016, 5:48pm; Reply: 24

;D
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 30, 2016, 5:52pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Well done to the Dons. Pleased for them but bit of a sodomist as I was hoping to walk to the Town game next season.

Dave "Harry" Bassett made me laugh when summing it up for the Dons

Go back to Kingston, get drunk and smash the ground up!  ;D
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 30, 2016, 6:14pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

Dave "Harry" Bassett made me laugh when summing it up for the Dons

Go back to Kingston, get drunk and smash the ground up!  ;D

Oh dear! Drunken yobs running around this town.

I'd better get down to Kinsgmeadow sharpish and get a few in before the crowd arrives.
Posted by: mariner91, May 30, 2016, 6:20pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Wasn't you in Queens Road in the new home shirt the other day was it?

It wasn't me, I'm still rocking last season's top.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 30, 2016, 6:26pm; Reply: 28
Just goes to show that next season we'll have a chance of promotion even if we only finish 7th!
Posted by: RonMariner, May 30, 2016, 6:58pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from Les Brechin
Just goes to show that next season we'll have a chance of promotion even if we only finish 7th!

And Barnsley won from the last (6th) play off place too. Just shows, prior form is out of the window in the playoffs.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 30, 2016, 9:51pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from RonMariner

And Barnsley won from the last (6th) play off place too. Just shows, prior form is out of the window in the playoffs.

It depends on the form that got them into last place. Were they on the up or the down? Barnsley were definitely the form team in their play offs and Wimbledon pretty much so.

Wimbledon have had 6 promotions in 14 years which is a phenomenal record really. Just shows what can be achieved if the whole club is working at it.

Posted by: easypeersy, May 30, 2016, 10:47pm; Reply: 31

Or urine flap alley (PFA)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 30, 2016, 11:00pm; Reply: 32

It depends on the form that got them into last place. Were they on the up or the down? Barnsley were definitely the form team in their play offs and Wimbledon pretty much so.

Wimbledon have had 6 promotions in 14 years which is a phenomenal record really. Just shows what can be achieved if the whole club is working at it.

Well they did start off at about the step that Gy Borough are at. Basically playing village teams. Getting crowds of 2/3000 when their opponents were often sub-100, then in the low hundreds til they got to Conference South. It enabled them to recruit players way above their opponents - one player got 90 goals in 2 seasons, and they went on something like a 74 game unbeaten run, dropping only 8 points one season.

Not knocking them mind. Great vision and effort by the supporters.
Posted by: forza ivano, May 30, 2016, 11:22pm; Reply: 33
Just watching the highlights.werent we linked with both of the Wimbledon front men, Tom Elliott at Cambridge and Kyle Taylor at the scunts?
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 30, 2016, 11:44pm; Reply: 34
It's another final that has been won by the northernmost team again.

Us in Conf
Halifax in Trophy
Morpeth
Hull
Barnsley in PO and FL Trophy
Man U
Citeh
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 12:16am