Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: FishFan101, May 30, 2016, 3:31pm
Moved out of his rented property, given the keys back to the landlord... Supposedly wants a move back to Liverpool region... or a better house? Who thinks we will keep him
Posted by: LongEatonMariner, May 30, 2016, 3:32pm; Reply: 1
Strange thing to do on a bank holiday ...
Posted by: AdamHaddock, May 30, 2016, 3:30pm; Reply: 2
Wum
Posted by: the driver, May 30, 2016, 3:49pm; Reply: 3
He wrote on twatter he goes back to Liverpool every summer
Posted by: the driver, May 30, 2016, 4:00pm; Reply: 4
He wrote on twatter he goes back to Liverpool every summer
Posted by: the driver, May 30, 2016, 4:01pm; Reply: 5
@hannahbratley_x πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ yea have moved back the summer which I do every year anyway c
Posted by: rancido, May 30, 2016, 4:31pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from FishFan101
Moved out of his rented property, given the keys back to the landlord... Supposedly wants a move back to Liverpool region... or a better house? Who thinks we will keep him

1st post by a " fan " who seems to think he knows something. F**k and annoy somebody else , preferably on a site for children !
Posted by: Rik e B, May 30, 2016, 4:58pm; Reply: 7
LFC signing alert?  :P :K)
Posted by: Posh Harry, May 30, 2016, 5:59pm; Reply: 8
Who the f8ck would want to go to Liverpool for the summer! Would have to question his sanity  ;)
Posted by: acko338, May 30, 2016, 7:40pm; Reply: 9
Perhaps just going home to see his family ??

Not everyone goes abroad.
Posted by: mimma, May 30, 2016, 7:44pm; Reply: 10
Lived & worked in Liverpool for nearly a year. It's a fantastic place, didn't want to come back.

So I can understand why he would want to go back for the summer.
Posted by: davmariner, May 30, 2016, 8:28pm; Reply: 11
Must admit I've also heard rumours about him returning to Merseyside. Potentially a reunion with Coleman at Accrington Stanley. Hope he stays, he'd be excellent for us in League Two.
Posted by: Davec, May 30, 2016, 8:22pm; Reply: 12
An Accrington mate I've got reckon he's signing for Accrington Stanley

John Coleman rates him from Southport
Scott Brown and Toto are close friends
Accrington would be closer to his family
Accrington need a centre back

Certainly all adds up
Posted by: Mariner_09, May 30, 2016, 8:41pm; Reply: 13
However Davec, are they necessarily going to play him every week and would he risk leaving somewhere where is settled and to a new area, sideways move, also I bet Accrington can't offer a shed load of money.
Posted by: gtfc98, May 30, 2016, 8:49pm; Reply: 14
flipping hell I'd be fuming if we lose players to excrement like Accrington Stanley. They're always pleading poverty, can't imagine they pay well.
Posted by: ska face, May 30, 2016, 8:54pm; Reply: 15
Sometimes it's not all about money though, is it?

Maybe being closer to your family, your friends, the area you grew up, working with a manager that knows you well & rates you, and the fans aren't giving you dogs abuse every week might bit quite attractive to a person?
Posted by: heppy88, May 30, 2016, 9:08pm; Reply: 16
Toto did the same last year. He was living in the flat above us for the year prior to the end of last season. I was sure he was moving on, but no he stayed and just moved to different accomodation. Great guy!
Posted by: promotion plaice, May 30, 2016, 9:06pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from gtfc98
flipping hell I'd be fuming if we lose players to excrement like Accrington Stanley. They're always pleading poverty, can't imagine they pay well.

I know its been done on here before but I couldn't stop myself..............TAXI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-p5Rp0p_fc
Posted by: The Yard Dog, May 30, 2016, 9:21pm; Reply: 18
2nd worst home attendance 1,834 for a team who missed on promotion on goal difference.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, May 30, 2016, 10:20pm; Reply: 19
Toto is a lovely bloke  who has the potential to play higher up the pyramid really hope we keep him
Posted by: StaffsMariner, May 30, 2016, 10:51pm; Reply: 20
I would assume with an improved contract here he can maybe afford a higher rent property in the area.
Posted by: chaos33, May 30, 2016, 11:06pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from FishFan101

Has he got his bond back, and did he leave a 'Dear John'...?
Posted by: moosey_club, May 31, 2016, 8:36am; Reply: 22
I think the best indicator if this is a potential bad news story or not is were a  reputable removal company involved?
If the removal company he used was called Neilson and Thomas then it may be bad news.
Posted by: golfer, May 31, 2016, 2:43pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from ska face
Sometimes it's not all about money though, is it?

Maybe being closer to your family, your friends, the area you grew up, working with a manager that knows you well & rates you, and the fans aren't giving you dogs abuse every week might bit quite attractive to a person?

Talking to a chap called  Palios at weekend.  Told me he was after a nice house in Birkenhead for a youngster he was hoping to sign for a promotion push next season. Dont know who he was or who he was talking about but he reminded me of an accountant I once knew.
Posted by: monkeyboy, May 31, 2016, 8:29pm; Reply: 24
He has gone back to Liverpewel for his jollies. i believe he will be back as he is doing an accountants course in GY college and said to a colleague in our accounts dep he is doing the course with he will see her in a month.
Posted by: mariner91, May 31, 2016, 9:03pm; Reply: 25
Fingers crossed he'll be back. I hope all the players offered deals sign but particularly Toto as I believe he and Omar are our most salable assets, potentially netting us a few quid.
Posted by: nightrider, May 31, 2016, 9:04pm; Reply: 26
Makes sense. Probably moves in with family, has a break and saves himself 1.5k in the process
Posted by: smokey111, May 31, 2016, 9:06pm; Reply: 27
Any news on the length of contracts offered to players?

Given Disley's  age it was no surprise it was a one year deal, but I would be hoping that Macca, Amond and Toto would be penning two year deals (if they stay).
Posted by: Mariner_09, May 31, 2016, 10:19pm; Reply: 28
Macca and Toto 2 year I hope, not sure about Podge, he may well not be as good this year so a hedging your bets 1 year would be my best guess.
Posted by: davmariner, May 31, 2016, 10:20pm; Reply: 29
Would only offer Amond a one-year deal.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 1, 2016, 1:14am; Reply: 30
Quoted from davmariner

I see what you're saying about not tearing up trees at this level before, but, and it's a big BUT he was played out wide a lot at Morecambe, not picked so consistently and has just come off a season scoring 3 dozen times. Anything less than two years would be an insult to the man.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 1, 2016, 1:43am; Reply: 31
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I see what you're saying about not tearing up trees at this level before, but, and it's a big BUT he was played out wide a lot at Morecambe, not picked so consistently and has just come off a season scoring 3 dozen times. Anything less than two years would be an insult to the man.

Absolutely! We gave Serge Makofo a 3 yr deal FFS.

Posted by: Cloudy, June 1, 2016, 5:47am; Reply: 32
Please don't forget there are two sides in this length of contract thingy.

We May want to offer 2 year deals BUT some players are happy with a year on year deal believing if they do ok they can negotiate better deals for themselves in 12 months. Security is one thing, being tied down and considering yourself underpaid is another.
Posted by: Happy_Mariner, June 1, 2016, 6:50am; Reply: 33
Quoted from ginnywings

Absolutely! We gave Serge Makofo a 3 yr deal FFS.

How that ever happened I'll never know!
Posted by: golfer, June 1, 2016, 9:45am; Reply: 34
Quoted from smokey111
Any news on the length of contracts offered to players?

Given Disley's  age it was no surprise it was a one year deal, but I would be hoping that Macca, Amond and Toto would be penning two year deals (if they stay).

I think the contracts offered to the star players will be at least 2 years possibly 3, but containing options in relation to promotion or relegation, also if clubs from higher divisions come in with offers . No way will they only offer 1 year deals to the likes of Toto, take Bogle for example. They are saleable assets and Fenty is a businessman.
Posted by: Rick12, June 1, 2016, 9:54am; Reply: 35
Quoted from Cloudy
Please don't forget there are two sides in this length of contract thingy.

We May want to offer 2 year deals BUT some players are happy with a year on year deal believing if they do ok they can negotiate better deals for themselves in 12 months. Security is one thing, being tied down and considering yourself underpaid is another.
I know players come on at different rates but by and large you can tell if someone is going to be a success in the game from a early age.However mentality is king and if a player has this chances are he will go far.

With regard to contracts I would be hoping we can keep good players on longer term deals eg 2 -3 (if I for one was good enough to play pro and knew my level I would be pushing for a longer term deal).For one it breeds squad harmony and another gives players that bit more job security .I know Fenty has stated player recruitment will be based on mentality and team players this year which is promising in my book.
Posted by: rancido, June 1, 2016, 3:50pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from Happy_Mariner

I got the impression that Shorty and Shouty couldn't understand it either !!
Posted by: moosey_club, June 1, 2016, 3:57pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Happy_Mariner

Well to be fair....if you watch a guy rip the opposition up a few times and are suitably impressed by his raw talent that you think...hmmmm...use his talents for a couple of seasons...enhance him and then sell on for profit then i can see why it happened.

Just because you were actually watching the wrong guy by mistake and subsequently sign a bit of a dud shouldnt be held against anybody..... :o
Posted by: barralad, June 1, 2016, 4:29pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from davmariner

And risk losing him to the first League 2 club that has the foresight to offer him two years? :-/
Posted by: chaos33, June 1, 2016, 5:17pm; Reply: 39
As far as Amond is concerned, we would have to be offering him a total package that can at least compete with what he might be offered elsewhere. It'd be lunacy to offer him 1 year if he would like longer and can readily get that at another interested club.
Posted by: chaos33, June 1, 2016, 5:21pm; Reply: 40
Presuming, of course, that we absolutely want to keep him. That might be a misapprehension, who knows. Hurst and Fenty might quite like to retain his services but not be too upset if he doesn't re-sign. All this is to say nothing of the available budget, of course. More two year deals might mean fewer players can be signed, leaving us short of numbers.
Posted by: KK_DOG, June 1, 2016, 5:43pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from chaos33
Presuming, of course, that we absolutely want to keep him. That might be a misapprehension, who knows. Hurst and Fenty might quite like to retain his services but not be too upset if he doesn't re-sign. All this is to say nothing of the available budget, of course. More two year deals might mean fewer players can be signed, leaving us short of numbers.

Are you serious?
Posted by: acko338, June 1, 2016, 5:43pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from chaos33

So,....... just the 37 goals this year , then, Padraig, .... mmm, was hoping for 40 + !!! - not a line to keep your best forward in scoring terms in years, is it??

How about a 2 year contract with options for a third year added, and with promotion / relegation clauses inserted, as ALL contracts should have been years ago with the digital fiasco !!

I do hope that Padraig remembers who gave him the chance to be the central striker that Morecambe never saw in him !!
Posted by: Mariner_09, June 1, 2016, 6:00pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from chaos33

I tend to agree with that, I wouldn't be as disappointed to lose Podge as I would be Toto, I was gutted when Nolan left, he ran the two most important games of the season.

I am starting to worry about nobody signing new or old. We have 4 senior players at the moment. Everyone else seems to be makibg signings left, right and centre. In Hurst I Trust.
Posted by: Davec, June 1, 2016, 6:04pm; Reply: 44
Yes Mariner_09 we know you love Toto and think he's world class
Posted by: Garth, June 1, 2016, 6:23pm; Reply: 45
Quoted from chaos33

This is the player who`s goals were one of the main reasons we are in League 2 now, and as such deserves all the accolades he gets plus appropriate rewards
Posted by: Rick12, June 1, 2016, 6:26pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from Mariner_09

I am starting to worry about nobody signing new or old. We have 4 senior players at the moment. Everyone else seems to be makibg signings left, right and centre. In Hurst I Trust.
I think Hurst deserves a break after a long hard season.

Posted by: chaos33, June 1, 2016, 6:41pm; Reply: 47
Quoted from KK_DOG

Are you serious?

Am I serious about what mate?
Posted by: chaos33, June 1, 2016, 6:42pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Garth

This is the player who`s goals were one of the main reasons we are in League 2 now, and as such deserves all the accolades he gets plus appropriate rewards

I know that mate. I'm not stating my opinion on what we should do. Fans don't know how desperate Town are to keep him, or any other detail.
Posted by: chaos33, June 1, 2016, 6:44pm; Reply: 49
Quoted from acko338

So,....... just the 37 goals this year , then, Padraig, .... mmm, was hoping for 40 + !!! - not a line to keep your best forward in scoring terms in years, is it??

How about a 2 year contract with options for a third year added, and with promotion / relegation clauses inserted, as ALL contracts should have been years ago with the digital fiasco !!

I do hope that Padraig remembers who gave him the chance to be the central striker that Morecambe never saw in him !!

Again mate, all I'm doing is outlining a view that may be held by management, not saying what I think we should do. That's inconsequential. Do you know how desperate Hurst is to keep him for a L2 campaign?
Posted by: tarka, June 1, 2016, 6:47pm; Reply: 50
Well, I no longer have the contacts for any inside info at the club so I certainly can't shed any light on what's going to happen but....3 things;

1. He's a talented centre half with pace (a rare commodity at this level) who lacks concentration which is the biggest downside to his game.

2. He's as mad as a box of frogs.

3. He really enjoys being at the club and he is probably as happy in his football as he has ever been.

I really hope he stays because he could just be our best prospect (unless Bogle really progresses).  If he goes, on the other hand, good luck to him...he owes us nothing.
Posted by: chaos33, June 1, 2016, 7:05pm; Reply: 51
I wish we'd signed Toto on a two year last year.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, June 1, 2016, 7:22pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from tarka
Well, I no longer have the contacts for any inside info at the club so I certainly can't shed any light on what's going to happen but....3 things;

1. He's a talented centre half with pace (a rare commodity at this level) who lacks concentration which is the biggest downside to his game.

2. He's as mad as a box of frogs.

3. He really enjoys being at the club and he is probably as happy in his football as he has ever been.

I really hope he stays because he could just be our best prospect (unless Bogle really progresses).  If he goes, on the other hand, good luck to him...he owes us nothing.

Is that as mad as a sockful of wasps? I'm never quite sure how the scale goes.  ;D
Posted by: golfer, June 1, 2016, 7:34pm; Reply: 53
Quoted from chaos33

?
Posted by: chaos33, June 1, 2016, 7:37pm; Reply: 54
Jeez, this is obviously a view that I haven't expressed very well. Clearly the club want to keep Amond as they've offered him a new contract. I'm sure most if not all fans would want the same, me included. But, they may not be as desperate as the fans are to see him stay if it means they have to break the budget, offer longer than they want to, or more money than they've allocated just to do so. To break the bank as it were. Who knows?. That's all I'm getting at. We don't know the particulars of Town's offer and can only speculate as to how highly Hurst rates him as a conference and now L2 striker. All I'm saying.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 1, 2016, 7:41pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from chaos33
Jeez, this is obviously a view that I haven't expressed very well. Clearly the club want to keep Amond as they've offered him a new contract. I'm sure most if not all fans would want the same, me included. But, they may not be as desperate as the fans are to see him stay if it means they have to break the budget, offer longer than they want to, or more money than they've allocated just to do so. To break the bank as it were. Who knows?. That's all I'm getting at. We don't know the particulars of Town's offer and can only speculate as to how highly Hurst rates him as a conference and now L2 striker. All I'm saying.

Not quite grasping what you are saying. Could you explain it again.....................?  ;)
Posted by: golfer, June 1, 2016, 8:06pm; Reply: 56
Quoted from ginnywings

Not quite grasping what you are saying. Could you explain it again.....................?  ;)

Tell him you understand or else we,ll be here all night  :)
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, June 1, 2016, 9:04pm; Reply: 57
He called Dave Moore a girl private in the Ressies game I reffed. Now that is madness.
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 1, 2016, 9:16pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
He called Dave Moore a girl private in the Ressies game I reffed. Now that is madness.

Dave's getting on a bit now mate,

He would never catch him. ;D
Posted by: Rick12, June 1, 2016, 9:11pm; Reply: 59
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner
Shame that.Dave Moore strikes me as the old school type with good morals.Hence I hope he has apologised. No need for that
Posted by: Mariner_09, June 1, 2016, 10:56pm; Reply: 60
Quoted from Davec
Yes Mariner_09 we know you love Toto and think he's world class

Why not? Best player on the pitch on the day we can all happily forget about and could play as high as the Championship I feel, so the club could mke some money out of him. Definitely quicker, stronger, more composed, better on the ball and more relaxed than any other defender in "that league"!
Posted by: Garth, June 2, 2016, 8:04am; Reply: 61
If he reads that if will go a long way to turning his head, when is PH back I'm bored
Posted by: Davec, June 2, 2016, 8:07am; Reply: 62
Better on the ball ? Have you seen how many times he gives the ball away ? Certainly over half

I grant you I think Toto has potential but I think league 1 is his maximum, he's not the error prone defender he was when he joined so he's improved in that aspect since he's been here, but I still think he switches off sometime, and he get certainly gives the ball away far far too much

Obviously all that could improve with experience, let's not forget he's still relatively inexperienced, but I still say League 1 is his level
Posted by: oldun, June 2, 2016, 8:11am; Reply: 63
Quoted from Davec
Better on the ball ? Have you seen how many times he gives the ball away ? Certainly over half

I grant you I think Toto has potential but I think league 1 is his maximum, he's not the error prone defender he was when he joined so he's improved in that aspect since he's been here, but I still think he switches off sometime, and he get certainly gives the ball away far far too much

Obviously all that could improve with experience, let's not forget he's still relatively inexperienced, but I still say League 1 is his level

That may true of him now, but he has improved this year and I feel he will get better and better as he matures.
Posted by: Davec, June 2, 2016, 8:16am; Reply: 64
Yes Oldun I did say in that post that he has improved and he will keep improving as he gets more experienced...
Posted by: Cloudy, June 2, 2016, 9:35am; Reply: 65
Quoted from Davec

For me Toto is the best defender at the club  (i know technically he isnt AT the club) and has far more potential than any other player we have given his attributes and age. I would strongly challenge your statement that he 'gives the ball away over half the times he has it'
Posted by: Davec, June 2, 2016, 10:12am; Reply: 66
I seem to have explained my opinion terribly wrong so I'll just clear it up

I do like Toto, he's a talented centre back with quite clearly some potential, he's strong, quick, pace is rare in centre backs so that's a plus point, he's got a good pedigree, and he seems to have improved whilst been here and he's eradicated his mistakes from last season, I think I overexaggerated with his giving the ball away all the time so apologises for that, he's got potential but I wouldn't say Championship potential but hopefully I'm wrong
Posted by: diehardmariner, June 2, 2016, 10:28am; Reply: 67
Quoted from Mariner_09

Why not? Best player on the pitch on the day we can all happily forget about and could play as high as the Championship I feel, so the club could mke some money out of him. Definitely quicker, stronger, more composed, better on the ball and more relaxed than any other defender in "that league"!

That's the problem though.
Posted by: Maringer, June 2, 2016, 10:35am; Reply: 68
Toto sometimes makes life more difficult for himself than it needs to be by just coasting back to the ball in the knowledge he can beat the opposition forward to it. If he ran hard in these cases, he'd give himself another second or two to deal with the situation which could make the difference between getting it back up field effectively and having the clearance blocked.

I do think he's cut out some of the 'moments' this past season, however. Plenty of defensive experience in our management team so hopefully he'll stay for another year or two and continue to improve under their coaching.
Posted by: Garth, June 2, 2016, 11:02am; Reply: 69
Lets see how he performs for us against sterner opposition this coming season (hopefully) my bet is on Pearson being the one this year to take all the credits
Posted by: 137 (Guest), June 2, 2016, 12:16pm; Reply: 70
Every time I see Toto play the ball forward, and it goes (a) harmlessly to their keeper, or (b) out of play for an opposition goal kick......

....I think "Thank God for that!". It can only be his woeful distribution that keeps him at this club IMO.

As to his potential - who thinks Wes Brown 3 seasons ago (playing in the Premiership) was better than Toto is now? (Am a big fan of Toto btw!)
Posted by: headingly_mariner, June 2, 2016, 12:47pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from 137
Every time I see Toto play the ball forward, and it goes (a) harmlessly to their keeper, or (b) out of play for an opposition goal kick......

....I think "Thank God for that!". It can only be his woeful distribution that keeps him at this club IMO.

As to his potential - who thinks Wes Brown 3 seasons ago (playing in the Premiership) was better than Toto is now? (Am a big fan of Toto btw!)

there are the times when he twits a raking 60 yarder right on the money. his distribution is a lot better than people give him credit for. As for him always being prone to a mistake, how many actual goals can people think of him giving away? his confidence to take a touch rather than twit it out or long, is something that separates him from lots of cloggers in the lower leagues.
Posted by: ginnywings, June 2, 2016, 1:14pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from headingly_mariner

there are the times when he twits a raking 60 yarder right on the money. his distribution is a lot better than people give him credit for. As for him always being prone to a mistake, how many actual goals can people think of him giving away? his confidence to take a touch rather than twit it out or long, is something that separates him from lots of cloggers in the lower leagues.

Agreed. I think this perception that he is error prone is overplayed. His good points far outweigh his very minor bad points. He will only get better and i hope he signs again because i think he is the type of player needed to take us up the leagues and failing that, could be sold for a profit.
Posted by: 137 (Guest), June 2, 2016, 1:40pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from headingly_mariner

Spot on - I think some fans get a bit nervous when they see a centre-back playing a bit of football.

Anyway, here is the complete list of defenders NOT prone to making a mistake:

Posted by: moosey_club, June 2, 2016, 2:04pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from 137

Spot on - I think some fans get a bit nervous when they see a centre-back playing a bit of football.

Anyway, here is the complete list of defenders NOT prone to making a mistake:

Moosey_Club  

;)
Posted by: Rik e B, June 2, 2016, 2:30pm; Reply: 75
He's a young lad remember, centre backs tend to peak a bit later on when positioning and reading the game down to a tee. Class player imo
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 2, 2016, 3:05pm; Reply: 76
I feel Toto has come on a lot since we signed him,

Plus did you notice how less frequent he got booked last season,

That goes for Pearson as well,

Both got 16 /17 bookings apiece the season before last,

Last season neither of them got to 10 bookings.
Posted by: HertsGTFC, June 2, 2016, 3:15pm; Reply: 77
Toto has come on especially in the last season and will do even more whilst playing against FL defenders.

Re-sign him for 2 seasons he will only get better.  
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, June 2, 2016, 5:10pm; Reply: 78
Quoted from Rick12
Shame that.Dave Moore strikes me as the old school type with good morals.Hence I hope he has apologised. No need for that

Oh it was in jest, he knew that DM is the hardest physio in the leagueπŸ˜‚
Posted by: bradzmilne, June 2, 2016, 6:08pm; Reply: 79
Toto will play in the championship at least if he carries on developing the way he has these last few seasons. Just needs to needs to keep focused, one hell of a player
Posted by: mariner91, June 2, 2016, 9:21pm; Reply: 80
Quoted from Davec

He gives the ball away over half the time he gets it?!  ;D He wouldn't have a career if that was the case!
Posted by: Davec, June 2, 2016, 9:34pm; Reply: 81
Hatton did  ;)

And Niven
Posted by: FishFan101, June 16, 2016, 7:58am; Reply: 82
Turns out to everyone who thought I didn't know something that I did. Don't knock the newbie
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 16, 2016, 9:25am; Reply: 83
Quoted from FishFan101
Turns out to everyone who thought I didn't know something that I did. Don't knock the newbie

Thanks Toto please post again  ;)
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 7:31pm