Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Sigone, May 24, 2016, 1:09pm
Danny East released according to toogoodtogodown on twitter.

Edit..confirmed
Posted by: mariner91, May 24, 2016, 1:14pm; Reply: 1
Shame, good back up in my opinion. Hope PH has some quality replacements lined up. Good luck to Danny, played well for the most part but is behind Tait who is fantastic.
Posted by: Jarmo.Is.God, May 24, 2016, 1:17pm; Reply: 2
by reading his post on twitter, it sounds to me like we said he could stay as a back up in many positions, but he wants to play and in 1 position, so fair play to him, the right attitude to have
Posted by: ginnywings, May 24, 2016, 1:21pm; Reply: 3
From the amount of game time he got, it was obvious Hurst would only play him when he had to. If he is moving on to get first team football, then it's understandable an i wish him good luck.

BTW, what happened to keeping the news to one thread?
Posted by: Sigone, May 24, 2016, 1:22pm; Reply: 4
Personally I think each player deserves their own thread, but will bow to wishes of others
Posted by: pontoonlew, May 24, 2016, 1:25pm; Reply: 5
Again no surprise, he did okay for us at the start of the season filling in at LB & RB but again, we need better in the league.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 24, 2016, 1:25pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from Sigone
Personally I think each player deserves their own thread, but will bow to wishes of others

Fair do's, not bothered either way myself.  :)
Posted by: ginnywings, May 24, 2016, 1:27pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from pontoonlew
Again no surprise, he did okay for us at the start of the season filling in at LB & RB but again, we need better in the league.

You do know we are going up to League 2 don't you? We are not entering La Liga.
Posted by: Heisenberg, May 24, 2016, 1:27pm; Reply: 8
Surprised by this one.  I wonder if North Ferriby could afford his wages?  I believe he lives in Hull?  Would suit him down to the ground.

Bit disappointed he's gone really, but then again if Hurst is letting the fringe players leave, and trying to keep the spine of the team, he obviously wants to replace the fringe ones with better players, and that can't be argued with.

If it's true about East leaving of his own accord as he doesn't want to be labelled a utility player, then fair dos to him, it shows ambition.

A difficult day for the players this, but it's quite exciting really  That is, until the inevitable contract offer rejection from a fans' favourite............
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 24, 2016, 1:27pm; Reply: 9
Another player who has done a job for us - I suspect he's going to Ferriby!
Posted by: Tommy, May 24, 2016, 1:31pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God
by reading his post on twitter, it sounds to me like we said he could stay as a back up in many positions, but he wants to play and in 1 position, so fair play to him, the right attitude to have

I got that impression too
Posted by: pontoonlew, May 24, 2016, 1:33pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from ginnywings

You do know we are going up to League 2 don't you? We are not entering La Liga.

I'd deem it necessary for a side who finished 21 points off the top spot to be doing some decent restructuring of the squad.

We can convince ourselves all we like that L2 is going to be a breeze. BR breezed it because they had a squad that should never have gone down in the first place.

We've got work to do, I'd suggest you're very naive if you feel otherwise.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 24, 2016, 1:34pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from pontoonlew

I'd deem it necessary for a side who finished 21 points off the top spot to be doing some decent restructuring of the squad.

We can convince ourselves all we like that L2 is going to be a breeze. BR breezed it because they had a squad that should never have gone down in the first place.

You think JPP isn't league standard and i'm the naive one?
Posted by: pontoonlew, May 24, 2016, 1:36pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from ginnywings

You think JPP isn't league standard and i'm the naive one?

20 goals in 121 league appearances.

Yeah, I guess you are.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 24, 2016, 1:38pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from pontoonlew

I'd agree with that. We should be looking for players who are actually better than the ones we retain if we want to safeguard our status, let alone make progress.

Posted by: ginnywings, May 24, 2016, 1:38pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from pontoonlew

20 goals in 121 league appearances.

Yeah, I guess you are.

I really think you are a loss to football Lew. You should be managing a League side with your vast knowledge.

Why can't you just wish players all the best instead of telling the world that they were not good enough?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, May 24, 2016, 1:45pm; Reply: 16
As with JPP...wish Danny East all the best wherever he goes

All the squad played their part in getting us back in the league and for me each and everyone of them leaving us now for pastures new can go with their heads held high
Posted by: pontoonlew, May 24, 2016, 1:45pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from ginnywings

I really think you are a loss to football Lew. You should be managing a League side with your vast knowledge.

Why can't you just wish players all the best instead of telling the world that they were not good enough?

I did wish the players all the best and appreciated their efforts. It's there right in front of you to read with your eyes.

I said it was the correct decision as I think they're not the standard for the league ABOVE. It's not 'slating' them, it's not 'abusing' them and hell, it's not even saying they weren't good enough whilst they were here.

It's an opinion, thank Christ you're not manager or we'd be handing Leary and Niven their 5th year extensions for all their hard work.
Posted by: moosey_club, May 24, 2016, 2:03pm; Reply: 18
East was the first choice right back at the start of the season and formed a very formidable attacking right side with Arnold, cant remember if it was supension or injury that let Tait in and he never let it slip, not as good attacking wise but we did start to defend a little more securely with Tait.
East then suffered from lack of activity with sporadic reserve games and as a result looked very rusty and out of shape when given a chance.

Thanks Danny as enjoyed your early season form and sparkle.  All the best.
Posted by: X, May 24, 2016, 2:06pm; Reply: 19
It's a shame, before his injury he looked fantastic, and after that just struggled to break into the team. I thought that he'd keep him as a utility player, as he can play in many positions. I'm sure he'll have a great career elsewhere. Best of luck to the lad.
Posted by: Rik e B, May 24, 2016, 2:42pm; Reply: 20
Again I agree with this one, we need to upgrade. Thank him for his contribution and wish him all the best -a fantastic attitude and a player in there, unlucky Tait became undroppable I guess.
Posted by: Ipswin, May 24, 2016, 3:18pm; Reply: 21
Sorry to read this - bad news imho.
Posted by: Mariner_09, May 24, 2016, 3:21pm; Reply: 22
I always quite liked him, had a bit of pace and athleticism, maybe not quite defensively solid but an able versatility player.
Posted by: Town Monkey, May 24, 2016, 3:36pm; Reply: 23
Good utility player and excellent attitude.  Clearly wants to be a first choice regular so fair play to him.  Another one who's played his part in our promotion so I wish him well.
Posted by: Maringer, May 24, 2016, 3:36pm; Reply: 24
Potential to be a good right-back but hopefully, we'll sign up our first choice again.

I'm sure he'll get himself a job at a decent club, at Conference level if not higher. Credit to him to want to advance his career instead of just sitting and picking up a wage.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, May 24, 2016, 3:45pm; Reply: 25
Disappointing. Was certainly good cover and could on a good day take Tait on. But if he wants first team football cant argue
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 10:33am