Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: tintowner, May 22, 2016, 3:59pm
Today's match programme sold out during the Hereford v Morpeth game........Tinpot!
Posted by: Balthazar Bullitt, May 22, 2016, 4:06pm; Reply: 1
Tinpot.

Just wanted to be the last to say it  >:(
Posted by: Jaws, May 22, 2016, 8:17pm; Reply: 2
Got one at HT
Posted by: Abdul19, May 22, 2016, 8:56pm; Reply: 3
I have a habit of buying programmes then looking at them for about 3 minutes so I was rather pleased they'd sold out as it gave me a fiver to donate to Wembley Bookies plc.
Posted by: Rik e B, May 23, 2016, 7:13am; Reply: 4
Shocking.
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, May 23, 2016, 9:00am; Reply: 5
Sold out before KO of the Hereford Morpeth game, brought 2 off eBay.
Posted by: Heisenberg, May 23, 2016, 10:02am; Reply: 6
Wembley is a joke, god knows what it's like when they have 85,000 in.  They run out of food in the blink of an eye, and the service at the food counters is beyond a joke.  The FA need to sort themselves out; I missed the Halifax goal as it took me 20 minutes to queue for hotdogs they'd bl##dy run out of!

It takes so long to get served it simply isn't worth the wait during half time, it's painful.
Posted by: LH, May 23, 2016, 10:35am; Reply: 7
Four staff to a til and only one serving. Awful service. Even with the rails in place to show how to queue some people were getting confused and going up the no entry lanes and getting served before the proper queue.

Also: no bottles of water allowed? I had two drinks literally poured away due to morons with no foot/eye co-ordination knocking two drinks over waddling to their seats on my row. £4.40 washed down the terrace. Thanks a bunch Wembley Stadium.
Posted by: bluerose13x, May 23, 2016, 5:44pm; Reply: 8
You didn't miss much in programme, several mistakes including saying that we where playing Morpeth..
Posted by: wigworld, May 23, 2016, 10:01pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from LH

Also: no bottles of water allowed?  

I agree this was poor. Why? They served water in bottles a week before at the play-off final.

Posted by: Hertsmariner, May 23, 2016, 10:33pm; Reply: 10
You're welcome to mine. In the notes it says we're playing Morpeth!
Posted by: Paris Mariner, May 24, 2016, 1:13pm; Reply: 11
We got one after watching Halifax lift the Trophy from the Wembley shop.
Posted by: Jaws, May 24, 2016, 4:04pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from wigworld

I agree this was poor. Why? They served water in bottles a week before at the play-off final.

Clearly haven't seen Morpeth ultra's then
Posted by: Brazilnut, May 25, 2016, 12:39am; Reply: 13
does anyone know if the club shop has any for sale ?
Posted by: mariner83, May 25, 2016, 7:42am; Reply: 14
Quoted from Brazilnut
does anyone know if the club shop has any for sale ?

I only saw Play Off final ones in there yesterday.
Posted by: Jaws, May 26, 2016, 11:01am; Reply: 15
Plenty on eBay now - some have sold for £25. Mostly from locations down south...
Posted by: Jaws, May 26, 2016, 11:01am; Reply: 16
Plenty on eBay now - some have sold for £25. Mostly from locations down south...
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, May 26, 2016, 11:20am; Reply: 17
Barrattstander got one at HT in our game.  He might sell his copy to a Town fan. (For less than £25 I would think).
Posted by: Jaws, May 26, 2016, 2:25pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from TownSNAFU5
Barrattstander got one at HT in our game.  He might sell his copy to a Town fan. (For less than £25 I would think).

Also got mine at half-time but I buy them to keep them. Got pestered to buy/give-away my Harry Haddock, some guy offered £50 but refused.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 26, 2016, 2:46pm; Reply: 19
I'd have taken the 50 quid and bought another one.  ;)
Posted by: tintowner, May 26, 2016, 6:32pm; Reply: 20
Very bad marketing by Wembley Stadium and just pure greed by the ones that are selling them for inflated figures on Ebay.

Wembley knew how many tickets (for both games) had been sold. It would be interesting to know what the print run was. Normally you have a print run of around 1 programme per 3 supporters....sometime 1-4. I heard that they had actually sold out during the Herford v Morpeth game (obviously only a few left scattered around the ground afterwards).
Then along comes another twenty odd thousand for the next game and there are barely any left.

We then come to ebay. There were many dealers offering this programme as a pre order. Most were up to a tenner each prior to the game. Word obviously got round that this was an 'early sell out' as those prices soon went up. One dealers price went from £9.99 to £29.99....shocking.
At the other end of the scale though...there was a seller who had half a dozen for sale last night at £8 buy it now....they were soon snapped up.

I wonder if lessons were learned and will they repeat a two in one programme in the future.
Posted by: Jaws, May 26, 2016, 6:42pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from ginnywings
I'd have taken the 50 quid and bought another one.  ;)

Assumed they were a limited edition thing, I would never sell my club memorabilia just for a quick buck.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 26, 2016, 6:44pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Jaws

Assumed they were a limited edition thing, I would never sell my club memorabilia just for a quick buck.

Fair enough and good on yer.
Posted by: Les Brechin, May 26, 2016, 6:46pm; Reply: 23
With it being Herefords first ever time at Wembley you would expect that a very, very high percentage of Hereford fans would have bought one.

As I was leaving the ground, I saw one left underneath an empty seat. Wish I'd picked it up now.
Posted by: mariner83, June 3, 2016, 10:21am; Reply: 24
Club have just announced on Twitter they have a limited number available.
Posted by: jock dock tower, June 3, 2016, 9:58pm; Reply: 25

TT, it's all b0ll0cks, the high prices realised. Somebody buys a whack of programmes from the game, sees they were sold out, so puts them on at a ridiculous price, and "buys" them himself - or with a few of his mates - with multiple accounts. Creates the "must have they're selling like hotcakes" culture. None of the first few have ever legitimately sold, but it induces panic buying. Just bide your time and you'll get one cover price or less in a month or so.

Quoted from tintowner
Very bad marketing by Wembley Stadium and just pure greed by the ones that are selling them for inflated figures on Ebay.

Wembley knew how many tickets (for both games) had been sold. It would be interesting to know what the print run was. Normally you have a print run of around 1 programme per 3 supporters....sometime 1-4. I heard that they had actually sold out during the Herford v Morpeth game (obviously only a few left scattered around the ground afterwards).
Then along comes another twenty odd thousand for the next game and there are barely any left.

We then come to ebay. There were many dealers offering this programme as a pre order. Most were up to a tenner each prior to the game. Word obviously got round that this was an 'early sell out' as those prices soon went up. One dealers price went from £9.99 to £29.99....shocking.
At the other end of the scale though...there was a seller who had half a dozen for sale last night at £8 buy it now....they were soon snapped up.

I wonder if lessons were learned and will they repeat a two in one programme in the future.

Posted by: barralad, June 3, 2016, 10:38pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from jock dock tower

TT, it's all b0ll0cks, the high prices realised. Somebody buys a whack of programmes from the game, sees they were sold out, so puts them on at a ridiculous price, and "buys" them himself - or with a few of his mates - with multiple accounts. Creates the "must have they're selling like hotcakes" culture. None of the first few have ever legitimately sold, but it induces panic buying. Just bide your time and you'll get one cover price or less in a month or so.

I've looked after him  :8)
Posted by: tintowner, June 4, 2016, 8:12am; Reply: 27
Quoted from barralad

I've looked after him  :8)

He has.... (100)
Print page generated: May 2, 2024, 7:47pm