Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Classic Threads  /  
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 15, 2016, 6:28pm
I just want to say a big apology to john fenty and a few on here but most importantly paul hurst.

Listen if i am big enough to give it out then i am big enough to apologise for the doubt and the comments i have made.

I am so happy and thankyou paul  for making today one of the best feelings i have had since my son was born.

You have done this town proud today paul and you deserve to enjoy every last minute of it.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, May 15, 2016, 6:39pm; Reply: 1
beautiful words my friend
Posted by: gaz57, May 15, 2016, 6:37pm; Reply: 2
Did you see his comments on BT sport.
Posted by: grimps, May 15, 2016, 6:38pm; Reply: 3
I've always been an anus , cheers Hursty  :)
Posted by: denni266, May 15, 2016, 6:38pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I just want to say a big apology to john fenty and a few on here but most importantly paul hurst.

Listen if i am big enough to give it out then i am big enough to apologise for the doubt and the comments i have made.

I am so happy and thankyou paul  for making today one of the best feelings i have had since my son was born.

You have done this town proud today paul and you deserve to enjoy every last minute of it.

Well said jonnyboy, i must join you in this one..i didnt think we would do it  but we did , credit to all for a fantastic day
Posted by: Biccys, May 15, 2016, 6:41pm; Reply: 5
I'd love it if all the rest of the naysayers did the same.
Posted by: Southwark Mariner, May 15, 2016, 6:49pm; Reply: 6
all very well, but when is the sausage going in?
Posted by: bluerose13x, May 15, 2016, 6:56pm; Reply: 7
I'm not going to spoil the moment so I'll say sorry Paul and John for my negativity concerning your abilty and running of the club. Even shook Mr Fentys hand yesterday in Trag Squ wishing him all the best for today not daring to say I'm a doom monger on thefishy.
Posted by: cmackenzie4, May 15, 2016, 6:56pm; Reply: 8
Well said mate, I think a lot posters will understand it was just clear frustration on your part JB.
Posted by: Meza, May 15, 2016, 6:57pm; Reply: 9
Personally....i think he's going to County.
Posted by: BeijingMariner, May 15, 2016, 7:04pm; Reply: 10
I have always publicly supported them both and had some doubts privately like most humans do. I think those BT people  (Clem) were dickheaddz for asking questions that prompted Hursty to talk about anything negative after the game, and I wish he hadn't...but here's the thing, he is human, it's normal, just like Johnny Boy is normal. So the professional tw@ts can go hang, Hursty and the team and Johnny Boy, that is a different matter. There was no-one on the pitch or in the stands today who needs to be schooled. Brilliant team, excellently managed, brilliantly backed by the board and supported well, well, well beyond the call of duty. Mariners all of the world, I love you. My dad died in January, he would have loved this. My son sits his final school exams this week and this actually helped him, I can tell.Cheers GTFC for making a excrement year get a lot better. UTM!
Posted by: immariner, May 15, 2016, 7:10pm; Reply: 11
I completely agree with his comments if I'm honest. I'm not going to name names but there are those I do, to a certain extent, begrudge the joy of promotion, simply for their insidious comments on this messageboard. I am so chuffed for Hurst and happy for John Fenty that his backing of Hurst has been vindicated. Get in Town! Celebration time!
Posted by: BeijingMariner, May 15, 2016, 7:18pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from immariner
I completely agree with his comments if I'm honest. I'm not going to name names but there are those I do, to a certain extent, begrudge the joy of promotion, simply for their insidious comments on this messageboard. I am so chuffed for Hurst and happy for John Fenty that his backing of Hurst has been vindicated. Get in Town! Celebration time!

completely understandable mate. but either way, we won :-) fair play to you for being honest and direct.
Posted by: RoboCod, May 15, 2016, 7:14pm; Reply: 13
Personally I think he'll stay. It would be incredibly naive of him to think that Notts County fans, or any other club are any different to us.
What i'd like to see him do is rationalise the situation and realise this forum is full of differing personalities and some of them (the usual suspects) should be ignored. Always.

While there was some well though out and coherent criticism of that first leg v Braintree (and it DID deserve constructive criticism) on here, other threads, such as the Notts County thread was unnecessary but it also worked out as a great barometer of rational thought and identified just who I will listen to and not listen to in the future.
Those who suggested he should take the job, and even those who offered him a lift...not sure how you can honestly post on here with any dignity again.

But come on Fenty, Hurst and the team...a dozen or so idiots on a raging message board and some gobby types in the crowd?
If I can easily dismiss them as basket cases, you should do the same. Don't let ANYTHING take away the effort and sheer grit of the last two games.
You've all become legends to 99% of us, while the other 1% will give you a reprieve until we hit a bad patch again.
That's football for you.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 15, 2016, 7:21pm; Reply: 14
Robocod , i take it you are refeering to me as one of those "idiots" ?
Posted by: Fat Cobra, May 15, 2016, 7:23pm; Reply: 15
RoboCod just wait until we're on a 10 game winless run, we'll soon see which side of the fence you're on. You can't swap and change as you like and then start preaching. Pathetic.
Posted by: GrimRob, May 15, 2016, 7:29pm; Reply: 16
Paul please stay and see how far you can take us. We have a long history of double promotions.....
Posted by: RoboCod, May 15, 2016, 7:29pm; Reply: 17
Actually, no. I don't recall your input exactly, but if you were on of those encouraging Hurst to go then I'd say that was pretty idiotic. I've always seen you as someone who lets emotion run away with him in the heat of the moment, but ready to back down after a few deep breaths and another look at things.

No, there is a certain group who disappear for days/weeks on end but magically appear after defeat. Barely 6 games could pass without them calling for Hursts head. Lots of us have doubted, quite rightly in some cases, but as soon as it gets personal and becomes some kind of campaign you've lost the argument.
You've been pretty apologetic in the last few days, and held your hand up as getting it wrong. I respect that, others have been relentless though, it's just a shame their voices seemingly have an impact on the club.
Posted by: RoboCod, May 15, 2016, 7:30pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Fat Cobra
RoboCod just wait until we're on a 10 game winless run, we'll soon see which side of the fence you're on. You can't swap and change as you like and then start preaching. Pathetic.

And you can go f**k yourself.

UP THE MARINERS!!!
Posted by: Fat Cobra, May 15, 2016, 7:36pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from RoboCod

And you can go f**k yourself.

UP THE MARINERS!!!

If you suspect it, report it. flipping arsewipe.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 15, 2016, 7:40pm; Reply: 20
Fair enough robocod.

I hope i have never got personal but i admit i doubted he could do it as would alot on here if they were honest.

If i ever do feel i have been too strong i always look to apologise asap.

Listen like i say if i could apologise in person to him i would but i never got personal with it i just doubted he had what it takes but i got that wrong .

If i could say to his face i didnt think you could do it i would and admit i my mistake in doubting him a few weeks ago.

im not a keyboard warrior and would happily hold my hands up when im out of order and i am a big believer in if you are big enough to give it out you are big enough to admit when you are wrong and apologise and thats what i have done.
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 15, 2016, 7:47pm; Reply: 21
I have both supported Hurst and wanted him to go,

I would be very surprised if he left because of comments on here,

He has got a secure job at Grimsby because its the board who hire and fire,

Not a message board

Sorry Paul if I upset you, I will try not to do again.

Lets just kick on from here and go for another promotion,

Anything Bristol Rovers can do ;)
Posted by: GYinScuntland, May 15, 2016, 7:42pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Nothing to apologise for mate .we've all had a few years of shite,  stuck by our club, voiced our opinions and now got our long overdue reward. UTFM
Posted by: Grimal, May 15, 2016, 7:49pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from Fat Cobra

I can't believe it's only an hour and a half ago that our Club won promotion to the football league and you are already talking negative, 10 game winless run. I think it's about time you gave your head a wobble.  

Posted by: RoboCod, May 15, 2016, 7:58pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from jonnyboy82
Fair enough robocod.

I hope i have never got personal but i admit i doubted he could do it as would alot on here if they were honest.

If i ever do feel i have been too strong i always look to apologise asap.

Listen like i say if i could apologise in person to him i would but i never got personal with it i just doubted he had what it takes but i got that wrong .

If i could say to his face i didnt think you could do it i would and admit i my mistake in doubting him a few weeks ago.

im not a keyboard warrior and would happily hold my hands up when im out of order and i am a big believer in if you are big enough to give it out you are big enough to admit when you are wrong and apologise and thats what i have done.

Agree, and i'm not going to deny the frustration has got to me lots of times, I think the FGR manager sacking had us all reeling for a while but Hurst turned it around i spectacular style. While I may have urged the dropping of Monkhouse (again, not a personal attack, just the obvious fact that the Monkhouse-shape to the team needed sidelining) and been seething at the no-show against Braintree at BP,  it's not comparable to the disgraceful insults that those types such as Fat Cobra used. GrimRob has shown some tolerance with this, such posters should be banned when stooping to derogatory name calling.

Good on you for the post, let's enjoy this incredible day properly. Cheers
(wine)
Posted by: DickBarton, May 15, 2016, 8:33pm; Reply: 25
Just back in my wembley park hotel room. Enjoyed a fantastic weekend here since Friday. Tattershall castle yesterday, then Trafalgar Square. Non stop singing for 3 days taking its toll and I have no voice left, but it doesn't stop me from saying.....I TOLD YOU SO YOU MISSERABLE LOT!

PS the double is still on!
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 15, 2016, 8:41pm; Reply: 26
That you did male private barton that you did (bheem)
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 15, 2016, 9:19pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from DickBarton
Just back in my wembley park hotel room. Enjoyed a fantastic weekend here since Friday. Tattershall castle yesterday, then Trafalgar Square. Non stop singing for 3 days taking its toll and I have no voice left, but it doesn't stop me from saying.....I TOLD YOU SO YOU MISSERABLE LOT!

You were right male private. I'm very, very glad you were and I'm glad I was wrong. Happy to have that egg on my face tonight.  :)
Posted by: TAGG, May 15, 2016, 9:24pm; Reply: 28
I never thought Paul Hurst would get us up but he's proved me and a lot of others wrong

Thanks Paul for making our great club a Football League club once again and offer my sincerest apologies for doubting your ability as a manager.
Posted by: mickyj1949, May 15, 2016, 9:32pm; Reply: 29
hope notts county take him sooner the better,he's loan sighnings were pathetic.
Posted by: golfer, May 15, 2016, 9:56pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from DickBarton

Yoo  Kaant  spel  yu fic  sodde :)
Posted by: Mariner Ronnie, May 15, 2016, 10:01pm; Reply: 31
Oh Jonnyboy. The excrement and crud you and your cronies gave me on here. All for supporting my team. Who was right?!
Posted by: golfer, May 15, 2016, 10:21pm; Reply: 32
Its no good us having a go at each other. A lot of us have become frustrated in the last three months with Paul Hursts tactics and team selections.It has proved that the Fishy is read where it matters. I have called Hursts tactics but have tried at times when I am in a serious mood, to give a constructive opinion as a few others have. Hurst altered his tactics on three important occasions  i.e.  Wrexham at home,  Braintree away  and today. These tactics resulted in 3 enjoyable wins. The reason why myself, Bigdog, Herts, and several others were frustrated was that we could see that with the players we had it was no good playing the formations that we were playing. We were crying out for the tactics employed in these 3 wins. Were we justified in getting frustrated,  I think we were. I congratulate The team and Paul for getting it right.  Onwards and upwards.
Posted by: RonMariner, May 16, 2016, 5:01pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from golfer

Yoo  Kaant  spel  yu fic  sodde :)

WanyeGTFC was his English tutor
Posted by: bluerose13x, May 16, 2016, 5:11pm; Reply: 34
And I would like to apologize for my negativity and comments about Paul Hurst. I prob took it a bit far
Posted by: rancido, May 16, 2016, 7:36pm; Reply: 35
I seem to recall a poll about PH on here about 3/4 weeks ago with options about what he should do. One of those options was should we still get rid of him even if he won us promotion and quite a number said " yes ". It would be interesting to see who they were and if they still believe that to be the case !!
Posted by: Fat Cobra, May 16, 2016, 7:39pm; Reply: 36
Quoted from rancido
I seem to recall a poll about PH on here about 3/4 weeks ago with options about what he should do. One of those options was should we still get rid of him even if he won us promotion and quite a number said " yes ". It would be interesting to see who they were and if they still believe that to be the case !!

Rancido, I was one of them and I still believe it to be the case.
Posted by: rancido, May 16, 2016, 8:01pm; Reply: 37
Quoted from Fat Cobra

Rancido, I was one of them and I still believe it to be the case.

Atleast you are being honest. What a strange world you live in where a person achieves his objective ( maybe in a longer time frame than was thought) and his reward his to be dismissed. I hope you are never in that position or maybe it would be a good thing as it would do your self esteem a power of good .
Posted by: Bigdog, May 16, 2016, 9:09pm; Reply: 38
Quoted from golfer
Its no good us having a go at each other. A lot of us have become frustrated in the last three months with Paul Hursts tactics and team selections.It has proved that the Fishy is read where it matters. I have called Hursts tactics but have tried at times when I am in a serious mood, to give a constructive opinion as a few others have. Hurst altered his tactics on three important occasions  i.e.  Wrexham at home,  Braintree away  and today. These tactics resulted in 3 enjoyable wins. The reason why myself, Bigdog, Herts, and several others were frustrated was that we could see that with the players we had it was no good playing the formations that we were playing. We were crying out for the tactics employed in these 3 wins. Were we justified in getting frustrated,  I think we were. I congratulate The team and Paul for getting it right.  Onwards and upwards.

Couldn't have put it better myself Golfer. Whether it takes an injury to Monkey for Hurst to change it around or not, I don't care. All that matters is we're Football League.. At last!!!!!!!

UTM
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 16, 2016, 9:44pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from rancido

Oh, you mean like the Spanish Inquisition or the Stalinist Purges? That'd be fun. Let's turn a positive mood into the usual back-biting on here after 24 hours.
Posted by: Brisbane Mariner, May 16, 2016, 11:37pm; Reply: 40
I think since Hurst was on his own he's turned the fortunes around and its taken 4 seasons for success but we have had milestones of improvement along the way and but for a couple of penalty kicks we could have done last year. Playoffs 4 years in a row is by no means a bad set of years we have more wins than losses so more good days than bad. My biggest criticism of Town has always been (no matter which manager we have had) is we seem to draw more than others - over the years we have lost ground to the 3 or 4 above or around us due to draws.
I don't dislike Hurst and wish him success with our team next season - we don't get to see the players side of Hurst and that is the bit that makes it work or not. Hurst has a great platform to build on - next season more money to spend on a couple of quality midfielders - Dis and Monkhouse will surely be more part time as next season progresses, that process has already been evident this season with Shaun. The future looks bright but we all need to be grounded - there are some established big clubs in L2 and we are going to be the First years at Big School! We may get bullied but we will stand up for US selves!
Posted by: easypeersy, May 17, 2016, 2:01pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Utter respect to you Johnny Boy. It takes a man to apologize. I too have said some things I shouldn't have and for which I am sorry for. More in frustration than anything else. I hope Paul Hurst stays now.
Posted by: GYinScuntland, May 17, 2016, 3:29pm; Reply: 42
Quoted from rancido

I was one who thought that. Maybe it was just seeing us miss out every year. I've changed my mind. Looking back on it I can see the ongoing improvement.
Posted by: rancido, May 17, 2016, 7:37pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Oh, you mean like the Spanish Inquisition or the Stalinist Purges? That'd be fun. Let's turn a positive mood into the usual back-biting on here after 24 hours.

Not at all and the last thing I want is to put a dampener on our success. I was just curious as to why some fans would want to get rid of Hurst  if he got us promoted and do they still think that. One poster , Fat Cobra , as already said that he still thinks PH should go which completely mystifies me.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 17, 2016, 7:47pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from rancido

Not at all and the last thing I want is to put a dampener on our success. I was just curious as to why some fans would want to get rid of Hurst  if he got us promoted and do they still think that. One poster , Fat Cobra , as already said that he still thinks PH should go which completely mystifies me.

I think he should go.....on holiday after Sunday and not read The Fishy for at least a....week!
Posted by: barralad, May 17, 2016, 8:13pm; Reply: 45
Is this thread still going (he says realising he's just prolonged it for a few seconds more)?

I have no view on whether people should apologise or not. I think it was Johnnyboy whose signature thingy at the bottom said something along the lines of you can make a mistake once. I think the same goes for posting on here. If we go on a bit of a run of poor form next season it will be interesting to see if some of those who felt the need to apologise let rip again-only to feel the need to apologise again when Paul sneaks us into the League 2 play offs on the final day of the 2016/17 season. :)
Posted by: MuddyWaters, May 17, 2016, 8:21pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from barralad
Is this thread still going (he says realising he's just prolonged it for a few seconds more)?

I have no view on whether people should apologise or not. I think it was Johnnyboy whose signature thingy at the bottom said something along the lines of you can make a mistake once. I think the same goes for posting on here. If we go on a bit of a run of poor form next season it will be interesting to see if some of those who felt the need to apologise let rip again-only to feel the need to apologise again when Paul sneaks us into the League 2 play offs on the final day of the 2016/17 season. :)

When all is said and done, PH will make decisions that some of us will agree with and disagree with within the next couple of weeks. There will never be agreement, nor should there be other than a mutual love of GTFC.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 17, 2016, 8:34pm; Reply: 47
Barra, there was also a select few who were pro hurst all the way then suddenly changed their tune in the last few weeks of the season and were just as much as concerned as me and were even stating a change was needed,some were very vocal and you could say they were just as worried as me and the other negative posters as you would probably put us..

They know who they are and i see that has convieniently been brushed under the carpet.

I apologised as its only the right thing to do , i didnt have to but i wanted to as imo if you can criticise then you can apologise when you get it wrong but lets get it right paul hurst hasnt exactly made things easy for himself with his ways towards the fans.

If we go on a 5 game losing run then yes too right i will speak up as that will be concerning but im also aware we are in league two so imo anything midtable is an achievement in my eyes next season.
Posted by: KK_DOG, May 17, 2016, 9:04pm; Reply: 48
I never doubted Hurst or the team. Always kept believing we would get promoted and win the FA Trophy. Massive credit to those now offering an apology.
Posted by: Hagrid, May 17, 2016, 8:59pm; Reply: 49
Hurst has got us up, he's our manager next season, lets leave it at that. He deserves his chance and we can all have a lovely relaxing summer
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 17, 2016, 9:24pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from rancido

Fair enough, it just came over as trying to remove dissent. It's just there's been a few posters since Sunday who seem like they'd rather wallow in the old arguments than bask in the success which we ALL wanted. Ironic really given they've accused other people of ruining things by being negative.
Print page generated: April 27, 2024, 8:05am