Posted by: 97 (Guest), May 6, 2016, 1:24pm; Reply: 2
Rob Scott
Posted by: Cloudy, May 6, 2016, 1:26pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from Davec
Banner on the flyover saying "HURST OUT"

Wonder who put that there

You?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 6, 2016, 1:21pm; Reply: 4
No banner......... Lets not sink to that level.

2 Things

- After the final whistle on Sunday if as I expect to happen we are finished then let the chant begin.

- Boycott the Trophy Final.
Posted by: Rik e B, May 6, 2016, 1:23pm; Reply: 5
That'll be sure to inspire the players on way down south  :-/
Posted by: wigworld, May 6, 2016, 1:55pm; Reply: 6
The training ground is at Waltham. Why would they be going over the flyover before next season?
Posted by: nightrider, May 6, 2016, 1:57pm; Reply: 7
Don't stop there, if the players lose we'll knee-cap them and send em to Scunny
Posted by: grimsby pete, May 6, 2016, 2:07pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Rik e B
That'll be sure to inspire the players on way down south  :-/

They have done nothing to inspire us in the last few games Rik .

Maybe some of the players think the same as us , you never know.
Posted by: pizzzza, May 6, 2016, 2:05pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from HertsGTFC
No banner......... Lets not sink to that level.

He wasn't proposing it, it has actually happened!
Posted by: Rik e B, May 6, 2016, 2:40pm; Reply: 10
Because they set off from Blundell Park (or at least i know them to have done) wigworld and would likely go over flyover to head to motorway. .

I agree Pete but can't it wait till Sunday eve? People acting like we've already been consigned to another year when it's only half time in playoffs. I don't hold much hope but there still a sliver.
Posted by: Davec, May 6, 2016, 2:47pm; Reply: 11
It actually happened, it is on the telegraph website with a picture, pictures don't lie
Posted by: Hagrid, May 6, 2016, 2:48pm; Reply: 12
I don't like to see that, but its going to happen so doesn't really matter I suppose
Posted by: grimps, May 6, 2016, 2:59pm; Reply: 13
This should have happend a long time ago , the fans lethargic attitude to this loser wasting our time and money season after season has allowed him to get away with it.
Posted by: Cloudy, May 6, 2016, 3:06pm; Reply: 14
I'm sure Hursts replacement will be subject to similar treatment, and his replacement too
Posted by: Golden fox, May 6, 2016, 3:26pm; Reply: 15
Poor taste with the flag and the  telegraph lapping it up as their story of the day , it seems like the majority of fans thaughts on Hurst are terminal now though whatever the outcome on Sunday and in the final .
Posted by: RonMariner, May 6, 2016, 4:11pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from Cloudy
I'm sure Hursts replacement will be subject to similar treatment, and his replacement too

It depends on results. That is all it's about. If Hurst had won the division we would all be singing his praises.

This is a results business. The reasonable expectation at this club is that we are in the football league. Until we get back there fans will not be satisfied.

Many have concluded that Hurst lacks the qualities needed to get us there, and has been given plenty of opportunities.

This is one failure too many. Time to bring in someone new.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, May 6, 2016, 4:27pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from Cloudy

That is just one of the most stupid, crass and imbecilic things I have seen on here.

All managers bar none know they are judged by fans on results and to a lesser extent performances. The fans have been loyal and have been singing Paul Hurst's black and white army throughout his time here; his replacement will not be subjected to "similar treatment" at all unless after 5 years he hasn't taken us up.

I hope with everything I've got that we turn it round on Sunday, but fans venting their frustration after last night's appalling, embarrassing and gutless display is only to be expected.  
Posted by: GrimRob, May 6, 2016, 4:32pm; Reply: 18
Surely someone has to put a red cross on it
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 6, 2016, 4:31pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from Davec
It actually happened, it is on the telegraph website with a picture, pictures don't lie

The page has been removed now. Someone in "authority" must have had a word.

Posted by: Hagrid, May 6, 2016, 4:31pm; Reply: 20
im actually dreading the game, morale is disturbingly low isn't it
Posted by: Badger57, May 6, 2016, 5:18pm; Reply: 21
So who has the "clout" to remove the banner headline (see what I did there?) from the tellywag website?
Who the hell do you think you are???
The Telegraph is pretty redundant these days anyway mate, the pictures are all over social networks which have a far wider audience these days.....Nice try!  ;)
Posted by: arryarryarry, May 6, 2016, 6:31pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from Rik e B
Because they set off from Blundell Park (or at least i know them to have done) wigworld and would likely go over flyover to head to motorway. .

I agree Pete but can't it wait till Sunday eve? People acting like we've already been consigned to another year when it's only half time in playoffs. I don't hold much hope but there still a sliver.

2 points, 1) I think most of the players live out of town and either make their own way to away games or meet up with the bus on the way, 2) If a banner is going to have a negative effect on their performance, what banner did they see before last night's game.
Posted by: friskneymariner, May 6, 2016, 6:31pm; Reply: 23
The Telegraph has about as much credibility as Hurst.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 6, 2016, 11:17pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Hagrid
im actually dreading the game, morale is disturbingly low isn't it

To be honest I feel that the game will be cathartic. We've nothing to lose now. We've reached rock bottom.
Posted by: Rik e B, May 6, 2016, 11:53pm; Reply: 25
I know most get picked up along way but if they all did or didn't still I don't see how this does any good before Sunday. Adorn every street with a banner Sunday eve if we eliminated for all I care but before when one goal would put us back on an even footing? Come on.

I'm just as despairing as the next man but it's all a bit doomsday chucking in the towel mentality when we still got a chance.

How hard is it to wait a couple days?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 7, 2016, 9:20am; Reply: 26
Quoted from Badger57
So who has the "clout" to remove the banner headline (see what I did there?) from the tellywag website?
Who the hell do you think you are???
The Telegraph is pretty redundant these days anyway mate, the pictures are all over social networks which have a far wider audience these days.....Nice try!  ;)

Possibly their Sports editor, who has compromised access to the club against reporting the news and the feelings of some.

If they leave it on the club could get p1ssed off and stop speaking to the paper before a really important game, or two if we win tomorrow.

Got a mate who is a journo working for the PA and often at local level they don't put as much focus on certain stories just in case the channels to the club are cut off.  
Posted by: golfer, May 7, 2016, 9:45pm; Reply: 27
An injunction was taken out where Judge S. Poilt said it would be banned in England but it could be shown in Scotland and America.
Posted by: DickBarton, May 8, 2016, 7:30pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from grimps
This should have happend a long time ago , the fans lethargic attitude to this loser wasting our time and money season after season has allowed him to get away with it.

Oh dear, you must be do embarrassed now.😂😂😂😂😂😂
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 7:59am