Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Grimsby2012, May 5, 2016, 8:52pm
Well, there you go, an abysmal performance, and shocking ref decisions against us as usual.

I'm normally the most positive person on this forum, but I do not see in a million years us scoring at Braintree.....

As usual, luck against us, poor performance by most of the squad, and underachieving for another season yet again.

Looks like another season in this dump of a league  :)
Posted by: Jaws, May 5, 2016, 8:49pm; Reply: 1
Doesn't look good I have to admit. Braintree didn't even try to waste time and even in stoppage time it didn't look like there was much effort. When the keeper spilled it late on, no-one even tried to run for it.
Posted by: Fat Cobra, May 5, 2016, 8:49pm; Reply: 2
Hurst out
Posted by: Paris Mariner, May 5, 2016, 8:50pm; Reply: 3
Get a grip. It's HT.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 5, 2016, 8:50pm; Reply: 4
In my opinion, there is the ability in that squad to perform to a much higher level than what it does, and a better manager could get it out of them
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, May 5, 2016, 8:50pm; Reply: 5
We await the manager's verdict - "It's only half time in the tie."
Posted by: jock dock tower, May 5, 2016, 8:51pm; Reply: 6
Tonight's performance gave a new meaning to the word mediocrity. No passion, very little skill - Nolan apart - and a complete and utter lack of any tactical nous by Hurst. Why on earth did we not play the ball out wide on the deck to try and get some decent servce into Amond and Bogle? Long balls all night long....it was utter mince. Room 101 for Hurst methinks.
Posted by: Hagrid, May 5, 2016, 8:51pm; Reply: 7
That was a whole new level of excrement. Disgraceful
Posted by: Swansea_Mariner, May 5, 2016, 8:56pm; Reply: 8
I feel like I'm going to spew I'm so angry, can't see how we are going to get through this now.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, May 5, 2016, 8:51pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from Grimsby2012
shocking ref decisions against us as usual.

Ref was spot on it was a clear penno Gowling should be shot for making such a stupid decision
Posted by: tails303, May 5, 2016, 8:57pm; Reply: 10
Nothing wrong with refs performance, he got it right...stop clutching at straws, we were garbage. Bottlers on the big stage yet again
Posted by: Jaws, May 5, 2016, 8:53pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Paris Mariner
Get a grip. It's HT.

Got to score twice, away, at a team with 22 clean sheets this season when couldn't manage 1 at home with a team that were rested.
Posted by: WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP, May 5, 2016, 8:53pm; Reply: 12
Can we top forest green and sack our manager half way through the playoffs, get ronnie moore or someone who can inspire a team for a couple of games. Its a complete overreaction but I feel a pent up urge of reaction after watching a flat 90 minutes of football when it was supposed to be a game that meant something
Posted by: ackomariner, May 5, 2016, 8:54pm; Reply: 13
What a crock of excrement, and Monkhouse, don't even get me started on that waste of a shirt .

By the way .......HURST OUT
Posted by: Mariner_09, May 5, 2016, 8:58pm; Reply: 14
We weren't that poor just didn't have enough guile to break them down. Horwood was awful, Arnold looked unfit and low on confidence. Tait our best player. Beat player on the pitch, Kenny Davis their number 8. Quality footballer.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 5, 2016, 8:59pm; Reply: 15
If you told me monkhouse was a member of the public who doesnt play football i would believe you.
Posted by: Badger57, May 5, 2016, 9:00pm; Reply: 16
Now tell me the playoffs are a lottery! Complete balderdash that. We were clearly outplayed and out managed by a bunch of highly motivated amateurs. Well done Braintree I thought you were great tonight although you can only beat what excrement's put in front of you after all.
Posted by: dicko995, May 5, 2016, 9:24pm; Reply: 17
weve got no left wing attack, and no right wing attack, hence the continuous launching of the ball up the middle, Monkhouse and Horwood didn't do anything except keep passing to each other, boring, Arnold was out the game again, Bogle had his boots on the wrong feet, it was an embarrassment to know that thousands of viewers watched this game, probably thinking we were the part timers. Credit to Braintree for getting the tactics right, maybe tactic is a word that Hurst should check up in the dictionary. It was all passing around the back line with everyone seemingly scared to pass forward in case the ball went astray, al always. Clueless.
Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 5, 2016, 10:02pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Paris Mariner
Get a grip. It's HT.

Keep believing that pal. Keep believing it.
Posted by: carrot top, May 5, 2016, 10:02pm; Reply: 19
I know it's a different level but Jurgen Klopp, what an inspirational manager and he really connects with the fans.
Posted by: GrimRob, May 5, 2016, 10:24pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from Jaws

Got to score twice, away, at a team with 22 clean sheets this season when couldn't manage 1 at home with a team that were rested.

One goal could be enough for us to go through, we don't have to score twice
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 5, 2016, 10:31pm; Reply: 21
Rob what planet are you on ?

How does a draw get you through ?

Because were i am from if we score thats a draw, is it because they are teachers and taxi drivers so we go through as being the full time side ?
Posted by: Nelly GTFC, May 5, 2016, 10:34pm; Reply: 22
All them part-time Braintree players will be at work in the morning, some at 6am to put food on the plates for their family and make ends meet in an expensive part of the country.

Ours will most likely have the day off having ran around our pitch for 90 minutes.
Posted by: ginnywings, May 5, 2016, 10:41pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from jonnyboy82

Because were i am from if we score thats a draw, is it because they are teachers and taxi drivers so we go through as being the full time side ?

Presume he means penno's.
Posted by: RonMariner, May 5, 2016, 10:56pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from ginnywings

Presume he means penno's.

In which case we are definitely out. Macca's penalty record in big games is disgraceful. 10 penalties at Wembley, 10 goals conceded.

I think tonight's penalty shows is exactly why that is. He fully committed when the penalty taker was yards away from hitting the ball. He could then just stroked the ball harmlessly into the net with Macca flailing hopelessly in the opposite corner.

In the post match interview Davies actually said how early Macca dived. He made it so easy for him.

Someone ought to teach Macca how to stand up to a penalty, and while they are at it, how, to kick a ball and keep it in play.

Posted by: GrimRob, May 5, 2016, 11:06pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from jonnyboy82

If you can't work it out then I pity you
Posted by: highcliff mariner, May 5, 2016, 11:06pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from RonMariner

In which case we are definitely out. Macca's penalty record in big games is disgraceful. 10 penalties at Wembley, 10 goals conceded.

I think tonight's penalty shows is exactly why that is. He fully committed when the penalty taker was yards away from hitting the ball. He could then just stroked the ball harmlessly into the net with Macca flailing hopelessly in the opposite corner.

In the post match interview Davies actually said how early Macca dived. He made it so easy for him.

Someone ought to teach Macca how to stand up to a penalty, and while they are at it, how, to kick a ball and keep it in play.

And command his area !
Posted by: The_Chief, May 5, 2016, 11:05pm; Reply: 27
Fookin hell fire.  That's a bit harsh.
I'd rather tackle the root cause and tell Gowling not to commit gbh on a player. That challenge was bloody disgraceful.

I've been disappointed this season with how flakey our defence has been in general. The way Gowling and Pearson were bossed by Danny Wright was embarrassing. Danny Wrighy ffs.
Posted by: jonnyboy82, May 5, 2016, 11:05pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from GrimRob

You said one goal could be enough for us to go through ?

It wouldn't , it would take us to penalties which would then mean we would have to win them and we all know how they pan out  for us.
Posted by: Grimal, May 5, 2016, 11:06pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from carrot top
I know it's a different level but Jurgen Klopp, what an inspirational manager and he really connects with the fans.

Yeh ! but he aint gona come here is he . ;) sorry fellas but i'm just trying to brighten up a sad night.

Posted by: The_Chief, May 5, 2016, 11:08pm; Reply: 30
Based on tonights abject performance it's beyond that sorry shower of players. I guess an o.g. would do it.

It's got 0-0 at best for us. However, maybe the underdogs will get a shock result and Grimsby will scrape through.
Posted by: Golden fox, May 5, 2016, 11:15pm; Reply: 31
Don't feel too sorry for the Braintree players most Part Time players make more than the FT ones in NL , The reality is unless an offer of big wages comes up these lads who are more than capable of playing FT even in the league would rather stay in a stable job with more security than been a lower league/NL pro  footballer - fair play I say .
Posted by: RonMariner, May 5, 2016, 11:17pm; Reply: 32
I hope I'm wrong but I really don't see a positive outcome on Sunday.

I just do not believe that Hurst has the tactical nous required to turn it round.
Posted by: GrimRob, May 5, 2016, 11:20pm; Reply: 33
Quoted from jonnyboy82

You said one goal could be enough for us to go through ?

It wouldn't , it would take us to penalties which would then mean we would have to win them and we all know how they pan out  for us.

Well done!
Posted by: PPMariner, May 6, 2016, 12:33am; Reply: 34
Quoted from GrimRob

Mundane and pedantic to start your contribution to this thread (penalties are clearly goals, if we even bother to clarify your observation) followed by the banal insolence above, in retort to his retaliatory pedantry.

Just. Plain. Rude.
Print page generated: May 6, 2024, 7:53am