Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: monkeyboy, May 1, 2016, 7:35am
[/b] >:(There must be some very deluded Trannie fans out there lol, taken from the Brabin out feed on their forum(which shockingly has much the same feed subjects).

[i][b]"how about employing three managers for next season? lol. keep mr brabin and he can take care of defensive duties , pretty sound in that department..the dover manager to oversee our midfield, dover are all about their midfield.. and the grimsby boss to look after our attack, he certainly knows how to get his team to find the back of the net.."
Posted by: MarinerMart, May 1, 2016, 8:09am; Reply: 1
Wow they are deluded big style! Lol
Posted by: inandout, May 1, 2016, 8:22am; Reply: 2
....and we thought we had management problems  :)
Posted by: ROKERITE, May 1, 2016, 9:41am; Reply: 3
There can have been few owners with as much football knowledge as Mark Palios, he is clearly an intelligent man as well. Yet his two managerial appointments have been disastrous. Micky Adams, who took a club that should have been nowhere near the bottom to relegation out of the league; and Gary Brabin, who couldn't even get Tranmere into the play-offs.
Then again, Niall Quinn (to whom all SAFC supporters will be forever indebted) proved clueless when it came to advising Short on managerial choices. Just goes to show that being steeped in football experiece and knowledge doesn't necessarily mean you'll be any better than a John Fenty when it comes to picking a football manager. Tranmere fans worry should be that Palios is no more decisive than Mr Fenty when it comes to swinging the axe.
Posted by: GrimRob, May 1, 2016, 10:08am; Reply: 4
Everyone always thinks the grass is greener.....
Posted by: LondonMariner43, May 1, 2016, 10:37am; Reply: 5
Quoted from GrimRob
Everyone always thinks the grass is greener.....

Quite - as I put on another thread, Tranmere fans would love to be in our position.  I'm sure most would have expected them at the start of the season to at least make the play offs.  Just goes to show that this league isn't as easy as some think.
Posted by: RoboCod, May 1, 2016, 10:50am; Reply: 6
I haven't heard much positive stuff about Tranmere at all this season, they've been a bit poor throughout going on what their fans have said.
What a weird league though, even though Dover have had much investment, for them to qualify for the play-offs is quite an achievement. And yet, just one more win for Tranny this season would have seen them grabbing that final play-off position at Dovers expense.
Town have had a patchy time to put it mildly, and FGR are somewhere between awful and crisis-point.

Yesterday was a strange sign-off to a strange season in a very strange league in that Braintree..BRAINTREE! are the team getting the best results and ploughing forward like a team intent on promotion. I really don't know what to make of it anymore(Confused)
Posted by: moosey_club, May 1, 2016, 11:24am; Reply: 7
Quoted from RoboCod
I haven't heard much positive stuff about Tranmere at all this season, they've been a bit poor throughout going on what their fans have said.
What a weird league though, even though Dover have had much investment, for them to qualify for the play-offs is quite an achievement. And yet, just one more win for Tranny this season would have seen them grabbing that final play-off position at Dovers expense.
Town have had a patchy time to put it mildly, and FGR are somewhere between awful and crisis-point.

Yesterday was a strange sign-off to a strange season in a very strange league in that Braintree..BRAINTREE! are the team getting the best results and ploughing forward like a team intent on promotion. I really don't know what to make of it anymore(Confused)

Braintree to their credit have had a pretty solid game plan for a couple of seasons now....defend solidly and be effective at set pieces. It is frustrating as hell to watch and i am sure it is for their own supporters in some ways but...tiny Braintree...part timers...etc etc have channelled that spirit and have an opportunity.

Posted by: HertsGTFC, May 1, 2016, 11:35am; Reply: 8
Quoted from ROKERITE
There can have been few owners with as much football knowledge as Mark Palios, he is clearly an intelligent man as well. Yet his two managerial appointments have been disastrous. Micky Adams, who took a club that should have been nowhere near the bottom to relegation out of the league; and Gary Brabin, who couldn't even get Tranmere into the play-offs.
Then again, Niall Quinn (to whom all SAFC supporters will be forever indebted) proved clueless when it came to advising Short on managerial choices. Just goes to show that being steeped in football experiece and knowledge doesn't necessarily mean you'll be any better than a John Fenty when it comes to picking a football manager. Tranmere fans worry should be that Palios is no more decisive than Mr Fenty when it comes to swinging the axe.

Didn't Palios have good "insider knowledge" of the women at the FA who Sven had a fling with? Isn't that why he resigned?

Posted by: KingstonMariner, May 2, 2016, 12:40pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from LondonMariner43

Quite - as I put on another thread, Tranmere fans would love to be in our position.  I'm sure most would have expected them at the start of the season to at least make the play offs.  Just goes to show that this league isn't as easy as some think.

Yeah. I bet they hope they have at least 6 seasons in this division like us.
Print page generated: May 8, 2024, 2:22am