Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Garth, April 30, 2016, 9:00am
Should he play a strong team and aim to scuttle Tranmere`s plans, play a weaker team in case of injuries red cards etc, or mix it up a little.
I have a feeling that Braintree will either lose or draw today and I`m sure that Tranmere will come out guns blazing, thinking about it I would go for.

Warrington,

East, Pearson, Sunter, Robinson,      

Arnold, Venney, Henderson, Jennings,

Pittman, Hoban

Subs Bogle, Amond,Toto, Clay, Tait, Macca

Posted by: highcliff mariner, April 30, 2016, 9:06am; Reply: 1
Quoted from Garth
Should he play a strong team and aim to scuttle Tranmere`s plans, play a weaker team in case of injuries red cards etc, or mix it up a little.
I have a feeling that Braintree will either lose or draw today and I`m sure that Tranmere will come out guns blazing, thinking about it I would go for.

Warrington,

East, Pearson, Sunter, Robinson,      

Arnold, Venney, Henderson, Jennings,

Pittman, Hoban

Subs Bogle, Amond,Toto, Clay, Tait, Macca

I'll be seeking him out and asking for my money back if he does . I thought I'd read that sunters  been released ?  Who's this Robinson ?

UTM
Posted by: Cloudy, April 30, 2016, 9:28am; Reply: 2
Quoted from highcliff mariner

I'll be seeking him out and asking for my money back if he does . I thought I'd read that sunters  been released ?  Who's this Robinson ?

UTM

Hurst has already said there will be quite a few changes but no way will Warrington play.

I would like spect something like:

McKeown

East.             Toto                       Pearson.        Robertson

Arnold.         Clay                 Henderson.         Jennings

Hoban.                     JPP

Best decide shortly if you don't want to bother because you won't get your money back either way!! ;)
Posted by: ROKERITE, April 30, 2016, 9:40am; Reply: 3
There should be no dilemma. Pick the strongest team and go all out for three points today Mr Hurst.
Posted by: chaos33, April 30, 2016, 9:49am; Reply: 4
Would you not consider resting or protecting any players at all?
Posted by: HertsGTFC, April 30, 2016, 10:59am; Reply: 5
Quoted from Cloudy

Hurst has already said there will be quite a few changes but no way will Warrington play.

I would like spect something like:

McKeown

East.             Toto                       Pearson.        Robertson

Arnold.         Clay                 Henderson.         Jennings

Hoban.                     JPP

Best decide shortly if you don't want to bother because you won't get your money back either way!! ;)

I reckon that will be the starting line up, all being well they will take their chance for some it could be the last start of the season.
Posted by: MeanwoodMariner, April 30, 2016, 11:08am; Reply: 6
I think he'll rest a couple of crucial players, namely Podge and Dis, but other than that I'd expect a strong side.
Posted by: MuddyWaters, April 30, 2016, 11:11am; Reply: 7
Definitely would consider playing Nolan and Clay in centre mid today to see if they gel.
Posted by: mariner2000, April 30, 2016, 11:25am; Reply: 8
He will never drop McKeown, didn't do it when we actually had a good second choice keeper for the tin pot cup won't do it now!
Posted by: HackneyHaddock, April 30, 2016, 11:29am; Reply: 9
Interesting about Warrington; I'm not sure why he shouldn't play.  Hurst played Hedge in place of McKeown in a final day dead rubber at Braintree the other season (I can't remember anything else about that game as it was like being put into a dull 2 hour memory wipe and let out at 5pm) so he's not averse to the idea.  Just depends on whether he thinks AW can handle 90 minutes of professional football rather than being just an emergency in-game replacement.

Personally, I think McKeown is that crucial that I'd want to remove any risk of him being injured or sent off.
Posted by: Garth, April 30, 2016, 12:41pm; Reply: 10
Mac gets injured  could be cheerio to League two, Warrington still a decent keeper for this match in this league
Posted by: Magsinrio, April 30, 2016, 12:48pm; Reply: 11
I would defo geve Macca the day off
Posted by: psgmariner, April 30, 2016, 1:31pm; Reply: 12
McKeown hasn't travelled according to Tommy on Twitter.
Posted by: youaremygrimsby, April 30, 2016, 1:41pm; Reply: 13
He needs to play his strongest team (Does he even know it?). We can't afford to let Tranmere creep into the playoffs because if we face them at Wembley we may end up regretting it. They are the closest team who would rival our support on the big day.

Play our strongest team. Take the hand brake off & just go out and play some good football if not for our fans!  :)
Posted by: mariner91, April 30, 2016, 1:45pm; Reply: 14
If that's true, and I've no reason to not believe Tommy, is this the first league game McKeown has missed in three seasons?
Posted by: moosey_club, April 30, 2016, 2:47pm; Reply: 15
If results are going their way on the day do we sacrifice a Hoban or a Straker to instigate a fight with McNulty and get him a violent conduct suspension ?
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 30, 2016, 3:08pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from youaremygrimsby
He needs to play his strongest team (Does he even know it?). We can't afford to let Tranmere creep into the playoffs because if we face them at Wembley we may end up regretting it. They are the closest team who would rival our support on the big day.

Play our strongest team. Take the hand brake off & just go out and play some good football if not for our fans!  :)

Some good points there YAMG...Tranmere sneaking in to the play off mix has to be avoided at all costs. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks along these lines

We have to play to win today....but I know that we will probably just be told it doesn't matter where we finish or who we play if things don't go right for us later on today

Posted by: Magsinrio, April 30, 2016, 3:16pm; Reply: 17
I said a while ago that at all costs we dont wont to have Tranmere or Wrexham in playoffs as their large home support would dilute our large away following which could then help us
Posted by: Madeleymariner, April 30, 2016, 4:02pm; Reply: 18
Dont see what Tranmere having a load of fans at Wembley has to do with us winning the playoffs, Brizzle had far more than us but only a stupid ref probably stopped us winning
Posted by: Rik e B, April 30, 2016, 4:19pm; Reply: 19
I do. Avoid it happening I say
Posted by: psgmariner, April 30, 2016, 4:21pm; Reply: 20
10 changes according to Tondeur!
Posted by: RonMariner, April 30, 2016, 4:31pm; Reply: 21
I think Braintree will see of Altringham today so no Tranmere in the playoffs whatever they do.

Rest the key players ready for the midweek game, probably against FGR, unless the change of manger kicks in and they beat Dover today.
Posted by: PPMariner, April 30, 2016, 4:32pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from psgmariner
10 changes according to Tondeur!

Oh gosh. Cmon Forest Green!

Edit: I mean 'Cmon FG *today*
Posted by: FishOutOfWater, April 30, 2016, 4:52pm; Reply: 23
It's eight apparently if you see the team sheet

Warrington
Tait
Robertson
Pearson
Clay
Pittman
Arnold
East
Henderson
Jennings
Hoban

SUBS

Bogle
Marshall
Clifton
Venney
Nsiala
Posted by: Rik e B, April 30, 2016, 4:51pm; Reply: 24
I do. Avoid it happening I say
Posted by: Biccys, April 30, 2016, 5:34pm; Reply: 25
That's still a pretty solid side tbh. Makeshift defence of course but the rest is quite strong IMHO.
Print page generated: May 4, 2024, 11:11pm