Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: mariner83, June 1, 2012, 8:45am
[url=http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10417~2794323,00.html]New Shirt Launch[/url]
JOIN us at Blundell Park for the launch of the brand new home shirt.

Use the special Season Ticket or Grimsby Telegraph voucher to receive a £10 discount off the new shirt.

The launch will take place on Saturday 9th June from 9am in the Grimsby Town club shop. The shirts will also be available to buy online from that date.
Posted by: Grantham_Mariner, June 1, 2012, 9:02am; Reply: 1
When I saw the picture at first I thought we were playing in a black shirt with question marks all over it. Batman would not like it if we did! LOL
Posted by: STB, June 1, 2012, 9:06am; Reply: 2
I thought the question marks suited us quite well as they suggest nobody knows what the fook is going on. (◑‿◐)
Posted by: wigworld, June 1, 2012, 12:22pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from mariner83
[url=http://www.grimsby-townfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10417~2794323,00.html]New Shirt Launch[/url]
Use the special Season Ticket or Grimsby Telegraph voucher to receive a £10 discount off the new shirt.

Didn't think season tickets went on sale until 6th June?

Wouldn't think they'd have arrived by 9th.
Posted by: bradzmilne, June 1, 2012, 3:33pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from wigworld

Didn't think season tickets went on sale until 6th June?

Wouldn't think they'd have arrived by 9th.

You get that offer sheet when purchasing your ST
Posted by: wigworld, June 1, 2012, 5:48pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from bradzmilne

You get that offer sheet when purchasing your ST

Yes, I get mine by post as I live out of town. was forgetting most people collect them from the Ticket Office. Doh!

Posted by: cod.gtfc, June 1, 2012, 5:59pm; Reply: 6
Hearn has tweeted that he was doing photoshoot for new shirt today and thinks the fans will like them.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, June 1, 2012, 6:05pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from cod.gtfc
Hearn has tweeted that he was doing photoshoot for new shirt today and thinks the fans will like them.

Was there today, bar related stuff.. Didn't see Hearn though. Saw a small image of the shirts. They look impressive (I am fairly certain they are of similar design to the Mansfield Kit but with more stripes)
Posted by: Shithouse Rat, June 1, 2012, 7:54pm; Reply: 8
Add a Youngs logo and it's probably this shirt

[img]http://b2b.errea.workup.it/images/catalog/zoom/c120_000250.jpg[/img]
Posted by: scrumble, June 1, 2012, 8:24pm; Reply: 9
http://www.errea.it/ENG/detail/grp=competition-man/prod=parma-shirt-ss-ad/idgruppo=112/idprodotto=D140

I quite like this shirt, not as match shirt, but as fans 'Black and white army' shirt like the flag,
Posted by: I believe in Cod, June 1, 2012, 9:35pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from Shithouse Rat
Add a Youngs logo and it's probably this shirt

[img]http://b2b.errea.workup.it/images/catalog/zoom/c120_000250.jpg[/img]

look similar to the shirt we got relegated in
Posted by: marinerian, June 1, 2012, 9:52pm; Reply: 11
What time does the shirt sale start? And how many telegraph vouchers are needed?

Ffs I have to go away Saturday afternoon  :-/
Posted by: 1106 (Guest), June 1, 2012, 9:55pm; Reply: 12
It always surprises me that we release the new kit and start ST sales close together. I would have thourght they would maybe spread it out a bit so they have the cashflow not all comming in at once. But then I guess people would only want to make one trip to the club office for both items rather than making 2 seperate trips, And its a chance between end of season and Shirt/ST time for the staff to put thier feet up and do thier nails!!
Posted by: nickmariners, June 1, 2012, 11:00pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from I believe in Cod

look similar to the shirt we got relegated in

Yeah...and it also looks like the shirt we wore against Coventry in the Cup, and for most of the time when we were in the old First Division, and the period when Tees lead the line, and the days when BP was always full, jumpers for goalposts etc etc etc.

ie -- it looks like a proper Town shirt: yippee!

----------------
ging gang goolie

Posted by: bobbyturtle, June 1, 2012, 11:11pm; Reply: 14
got to be red socks
Posted by: davmariner, June 1, 2012, 11:48pm; Reply: 15
Collar or no collar?
Posted by: petethemariner, June 1, 2012, 11:50pm; Reply: 16
I know its probably needed for financial reasons, but is it really fair that a  non -league clubs fans  are expected to churn out £40 EVERY season for a new shirt ?- we are hardly Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea are we? Times are hard for so many people, particularly in this area, it all just seems a bit cynical to me, i know many may disagree, but thats my opinion, for what its worth.
Posted by: grimsby pete, June 1, 2012, 11:56pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from petethemariner
I know its probably needed for financial reasons, but is it really fair that a  non -league clubs fans  are expected to churn out £40 EVERY season for a new shirt ?- we are hardly Man U, Arsenal or Chelsea are we? Times are hard for so many people, particularly in this area, it all just seems a bit cynical to me, i know many may disagree, but thats my opinion, for what its worth.

You do not have to buy a new shirt every year pete,

Its there if you want one,

Last seasons shirt will last me another 10 years at least,

Thats if I last another 10 years. ;D
Posted by: petethemariner, June 2, 2012, 12:06am; Reply: 18
You'll still be posting in 20 years  Pete! I  completely accept its not compulsory to buy a new shirt, but its a bit of a status symbol to many (some who can ill afford to buy another) if they are wearing outdated shirts, personally i liked last seasons shirt and would have been happy for it to continue for another season, maybe with  slight  trim alteration to the shorts and socks, but new shirts every year seem to have become the  clubs ' cash cow' that many are  all too happy to accept IMO.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, June 2, 2012, 1:40am; Reply: 19
Quoted from davmariner
Collar or no collar?

collar
Posted by: cmackenzie4, June 2, 2012, 5:40am; Reply: 20
Quoted from STB
I thought the question marks suited us quite well as they suggest nobody knows what the fook is going on. (◑‿◐)

;D ;D ;D
Posted by: aldi_01, June 2, 2012, 7:25am; Reply: 21
I must admit, it does take the urine somewhat to change the home shirt every season but I'm sure it's done to keep shirt sales up...

Fact is the errea shirts are crap, they haven't done what the said at the start of the contract which was to make a unique kit each season, they just do what every other brand does and make one design in several colours and that's what makes the club happy I'd rather we went back to Nike or Adidas, at least the quality would be better...

Whilst I liked the idea of last years kit and the attempt to make it 'retro' to a point was good but the design was poor and a white away kit was pointless.

The kit featured in this thread is what most of us expect a town shirt to look like and whilst it is very similar to the kit from that horrible year it is a nice design and the kit from that season was probably the best errea kit we've had...
Posted by: Tinymariner, June 2, 2012, 11:31am; Reply: 22
Wrawbz, is the shirt pictured the same design as the new Town shirt?
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, June 2, 2012, 11:41am; Reply: 23
Quoted from Tinymariner
Wrawbz, is the shirt pictured the same design as the new Town shirt?

No I don't think so. Ours has a bit of red
Posted by: Tinymariner, June 2, 2012, 11:44am; Reply: 24
I quite like the style of the shirt pictured, hopefully its the same but with thin red lines in too.
Posted by: northbankmariner, June 2, 2012, 8:52pm; Reply: 25
Does anyone have any indication as to what the away shirt colour will be? There is only so much you can do with a black and white striped one, but the away colours is an open choice. I would love to see something really different,  maybe a tangerine effort like blackpools or a green effort similar to plymouth, would be great if the design had hoops? any info would be appreciated,
Posted by: mariner83, June 2, 2012, 9:33pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from northbankmariner
Does anyone have any indication as to what the away shirt colour will be? There is only so much you can do with a black and white striped one, but the away colours is an open choice. I would love to see something really different,  maybe a tangerine effort like blackpools or a green effort similar to plymouth, would be great if the design had hoops? any info would be appreciated,

(blink2)
Posted by: dazwev, June 2, 2012, 10:38pm; Reply: 27
Green is an unlucky colour to mariners the world over!
And I'm sure town played in green in the Past, with disastrous results!
Posted by: Fishfinger, June 2, 2012, 10:52pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from northbankmariner

I would love us to have a yellow away shirt but I reckon it will be blue again for next year
Posted by: petethemariner, June 2, 2012, 11:20pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from dazwev
Green is an unlucky colour to mariners the world over!
And I'm sure town played in green in the Past, with disastrous results!

Can you tell me WHY this is the case? I've heard this many times and note that our keepers
never wear Green, in 40 years supporting GTFC i've NEVER seen a GTFC  side play in green - where does all this mumbo-jumbo about green come from?
If anyone can expand on this i'd be grateful.

Posted by: wigworld, June 2, 2012, 11:45pm; Reply: 30
It might be a fishing superstition, I know it's considered unlucky to paint a boat green.
Posted by: mariner91, June 3, 2012, 7:48am; Reply: 31
Something to do with the sea. I think if the sea is a green colour it indicates a storm is coming?
Posted by: Mariner_BooGz, June 3, 2012, 8:59am; Reply: 32
The away shirt should be red like the old third kit we had.
Posted by: mariner83, June 3, 2012, 10:15am; Reply: 33
Green was an auspicious colour. Many a deckie-learner had his green jumper or scarf ripped off him and saw it flung into the sea by an older fisherman.  The fear is that 'green will be followed by black' (widow's weeds).
Posted by: Pontoon Pirate, June 3, 2012, 4:05pm; Reply: 34
Pontoon Pirate has an idea of how the shirts might look  ;)
[url]http://pontoonpirate.weebly.com/pontoon-pirates-blog.html[/url]
Posted by: BIGChris, June 3, 2012, 4:52pm; Reply: 35
Shame his ideas are incorrect mind
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, June 3, 2012, 5:55pm; Reply: 36
If I remember correctly that first one was one Of the 2 we were allowed to 'vote' for on the OS the season we went down! My preferred choice incidentally, that pink one is Palermo's ain't it? Would be happy with either though!
Posted by: DaveyGilesy, June 3, 2012, 7:10pm; Reply: 37
Not so much last season's shirt, but the 10/11 shirt with the red collar I really liked. Errea don't make awful kits, just had the misfortune of been worn by some urine poor GTFC sides. I still cringe looking back at the white with black pinstripes.
Posted by: jimgtfc, June 3, 2012, 7:51pm; Reply: 38
I quite like Juventus' kit this season. Black and white stripes sort of faded into each other.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, June 3, 2012, 9:05pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from jimgtfc
I quite like Juventus' kit this season. Black and white stripes sort of faded into each other.

Really like that!
Posted by: Super Clive, June 3, 2012, 10:25pm; Reply: 40
Maybe we could throw in some bungs and kit that kit!
Posted by: TWAreaTownSupporter, June 3, 2012, 11:54pm; Reply: 41
You'll still be posting in 20 years  Pete! I  completely accept its not compulsory to buy a new shirt, but its a bit of a status symbol to many (some who can ill afford to buy another) if they are wearing outdated shirts, personally i liked last seasons shirt and would have been happy for it to continue for another season, maybe with  slight  trim alteration to the shorts and socks, but new shirts every year seem to have become the  clubs ' cash cow' that many are  all too happy to accept IMO.

I don't know what alternative universe you live in Pete, where it's a status symbol to wear the shirt of a mid-table Conference club, but I want to live there.  ;)

Posted by: TWAreaTownSupporter, June 3, 2012, 11:58pm; Reply: 42

Can you tell me WHY this is the case? I've heard this many times and note that our keepers
never wear Green, in 40 years supporting GTFC i've NEVER seen a GTFC  side play in green - where does all this mumbo-jumbo about green come from?
If anyone can expand on this i'd be grateful.

Old seafaring superstition. Nobody really knows why but its international.

A few years ago the BBC had a series where an Italian aristo travelled around the Med on a sailing ship visiting various cultural sites. First episode he turned up at the quayside and tried to boar this schooner(?) in a green tee-shirt. The skipper had to politely make it clear the ship was going nowhere until he changed.

Posted by: immariner, June 4, 2012, 10:08am; Reply: 43
The away kit should be red. It is our synonymous third colour, and so should form the basis of our change strip in my opinion. Not to mention the supposed psychological edge teams who play in red have. It's important to our identity and sets us apart from any of the other sides that play in black and white. I don't really see the point of changing the colour of the change strip year to year.
Posted by: Meza, June 4, 2012, 10:17am; Reply: 44
Well I can remember batch and felgate wearing green jerseys, but under I don't think we did under Buckley MK 1
Posted by: Super Clive, June 4, 2012, 10:19am; Reply: 45
Love the Sig Im.   ;D
Posted by: petethemariner, June 4, 2012, 11:06am; Reply: 46

I don't know what alternative universe you live in Pete, where it's a status symbol to wear the shirt of a mid-table Conference club, but I want to live there.  ;)

I said ' many' - that doesn't include me! Ive never bought a replica shirt in my life, despite supporting
the club for 4 decades - what i meant was that to many  wearing an old replica shirt indicates they
cannot afford a new one, i am quite aware that our current 'status' is shite.

Anyway, i'm off to my alternative universe now - this one is cr@p!!!!

Posted by: petethemariner, June 4, 2012, 11:14am; Reply: 47
Quoted from Meza
Well I can remember batch and felgate wearing green jerseys, but under I don't think we did under Buckley MK 1

You know  on relection i think you are correct about Batchy (not sure about Felgate) wonder how he got past it, Harry  W always wore Red or Blue abd recent years its always been Grey, Orange or Yellow -its all a load of Mumbo Jumbo anyway, they are Footballers, not bloody Fishermen!

Posted by: immariner, June 4, 2012, 11:17am; Reply: 48
Quoted from Super Clive
Love the Sig Im.   ;D

Ha cheers. My signature is like marmite I think. It's nothing personal to the people that sit there, I largely do admire their passion, it's just that I came to realise that I was banging on a bit about how daft it is to ally trying to create atmosphere with sitting in that particular area of the ground. So I don't have to now.
Posted by: petethemariner, June 4, 2012, 11:23am; Reply: 49
But both corners are open! I would have thought that the best area to create an atmosphere would be in the centre sections, that was always the case in my youth - which i can only just remember!
Posted by: Grim_Exile, June 4, 2012, 3:06pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from Meza

During Buckley Mk I, my then much younger hubby wrote to Buckley alerting him of the superstition around the colour green and sailors.  He received a letter back from Sir B along the lines of ' I'm willing to give anything a go'.  Next game Steve Sherwood came out in (and I quote hubby here) 'the mankiest yellow shirt you've ever seen'.  I believe that match was won along with many to follow......

And yes, hubby still has the response.
Posted by: 1739 (Guest), June 4, 2012, 3:44pm; Reply: 51
But both corners are open! I would have thought that the best area to create an atmosphere would be in the centre sections, that was always the case in my youth - which i can only just remember!

The other side of the pontoon has shelter at the side doesnt it?. Worse place to sit in the ground in terms of trying to make an atmosphere.
Posted by: WOZOFGRIMSBY, June 5, 2012, 9:26am; Reply: 52
re atmosphere : surely the best place for any atmosphere would be in the main stand or osmond as acustics are better. and the fact you are actually next to the away fans!
Print page generated: April 17, 2024, 1:02am