Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: forza ivano, October 19, 2011, 5:14pm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/15252332.stm

here's the link. I can't argue with anything he says, i think he's called it exactly right, despite what other posters have put. He's summed up the match and he's summed up the problems and he's said what needs to happen. he's right that we are the underdogs for Friday night and he's right to say that we could be embarrassed on friday if we play as we did last night.
he's right when he says that we can't even clear the ball properly at times - look at silk's header on saturday for the goal and look at any number of kempson's clearances last night . he's right to say that the players need to go back to basics and win their individual battles - that's what you do in any sport ;if things aren't going well you strip it down to the most basic simple technique, so that there's a very limited amount of things to concentrate on and to do right. after that then you start thinking about re - adding the additional skills. he's right to allude to the fact that we haven't got a leader.
the frightening thing for me is that he was saying almost exactly the same thing 6 months ago, so basically we've haven't progressed any since then, despite them signing new players, having a whole pre season and getting them to play in their systems. very worrying
Print page generated: May 19, 2024, 12:59am