Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, September 22, 2011, 9:41am
Some years ago the club shop bought a load of 'models of yesteryear' type vans, limited edition, each with a numberd card, where is your's?

Mine sits on top of a cabinet in my converted garage bar, below within the cabinet is my collection of beer delivery wagons.
Posted by: jock dock tower, September 22, 2011, 9:59am; Reply: 1
Mine's alongside the RJS Programmes one. They were both commissioned by RJS Programmes - of which I was the founder - from the club shop in the early 90's. Both still in their boxes of course because I want them to be worth £thousands when the Antiques Roadshow comes to Scotland in 2087.
Posted by: NorthLeedsMariner, September 22, 2011, 10:12am; Reply: 2
Could we have a picture
Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, September 22, 2011, 12:02pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from jock dock tower
Mine's alongside the RJS Programmes one. They were both commissioned by RJS Programmes - of which I was the founder - from the club shop in the early 90's. Both still in their boxes of course because I want them to be worth £thousands when the Antiques Roadshow comes to Scotland in 2087.

All my model vehicles still have their boxes (in the attic), just in case I fall upon harder times.

I considered buying ten of them and smashing nine to bits, therefore making my remaining one and all others left worth a lot more!

Couldn't afford to at the time though.

Posted by: RoboCod, September 22, 2011, 12:17pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts

All my model vehicles still have their boxes (in the attic), just in case I fall upon harder times.

I honestly expected you to say you'd buried them in the garden.
Posted by: jock dock tower, September 22, 2011, 2:05pm; Reply: 5
They're probably full of dog biscuits in case there's a nuclear war....
Posted by: tashee69, September 22, 2011, 3:01pm; Reply: 6
Ive heared a rumour that, considering our current position, the club shop are going to be selling a model gtfc c5s and a special gtfc footy game for the zx81  :P
Posted by: Will Haddock, September 22, 2011, 3:25pm; Reply: 7
Mine's in my shed on top of the telly, still boxed. Can't see them being worth what we paid for them though, can you?
Posted by: psgmariner, September 22, 2011, 4:48pm; Reply: 8
Anyone else have a GTFC gnome or football nut?

I have both so haven't bothered with a pension.
Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, September 22, 2011, 5:28pm; Reply: 9
Quoted from psgmariner
Anyone else have a GTFC gnome or football nut?

I'm ignoring all the 'doggy puns' posted by some this time: but I too have other pieces of GTFC stuff secreted away waiting the time they become true collectors items and therefore worth thousands upon thousands of pounds: plates, cups, mugs, the aforementioned nut as well as photo's of BP, not to mention a whole room full of programmes, ticket stubs and old newspapers.

Posted by: jock dock tower, September 22, 2011, 5:44pm; Reply: 10
[quote=44]Anyone else have a GTFC gnome or football nut?

Also commissioned by RJS - we must have been psychedelic.

Have my egg cups with knitted bobble hats still, and about 6 or 7 GTFC mugs, all of which are about 20 seasons old the noo.

Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, September 22, 2011, 11:42pm; Reply: 11
Can't find a photo on the net of the van, sorry.
Print page generated: May 20, 2024, 4:35pm