Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: the Grimbarian, September 21, 2011, 6:21pm
Brian Huxford seems to think this has manufactured by Fenty so he can walk away with all the money hes invested in the Club as Parker will have to if he makes a takeover offer
Posted by: TWAreaTownSupporter, September 21, 2011, 6:24pm; Reply: 1
I wonder who agreed to the terms of the loans that Fenty made to the club. Would it have been the chairman at the time?
Posted by: jungleland, September 21, 2011, 6:25pm; Reply: 2
why are rh  talking to huxford ..  he is the twit that started all this the fella is a complete fvcking  moron
Posted by: voice of reason, September 21, 2011, 6:25pm; Reply: 3
I wonder who agreed to the terms of the loans that Fenty made to the club. Would it have been the chairman at the time?

Or his puppets...
Posted by: Guttedgate, September 21, 2011, 6:33pm; Reply: 4
This is a well known move if it happens many chairs of clubs in the past have done this beffore (palace,sutton town,Hearts to name a few)
I am not a fan of either man they are showing themselves child like at the moment but Parker should be congratulated for not placing undue pressure on an allready tight ballance sheet!
Posted by: flash1, September 21, 2011, 6:58pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from jungleland
why are rh  talking to huxford ..  he is the twit that started all this the fella is a complete fvcking  moron

whs
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, September 21, 2011, 7:07pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from jungleland

To be fair Bryan Huxford rang the show,and certainly put the case for Mike Parker...
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, September 21, 2011, 7:12pm; Reply: 7
I cant honestly see why Mr Huxford would want to get involved . . .bloody idiot
Posted by: Garth, September 21, 2011, 7:17pm; Reply: 8
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

Maybe he`s one of rich Uncle Mikes so called cronies ;)
Posted by: GrimRob, September 21, 2011, 7:21pm; Reply: 9
Isn't Hux a season ticket holder at Leeds now? That's what someone posted on here. He's the one that started the mess in the first place by getting rid of AB in 2000. Since that moment it's been downhill.
Posted by: dapperz fun pub, September 21, 2011, 7:23pm; Reply: 10
Quoted from GrimRob
Isn't Hux a season ticket holder at Leeds now? That's what someone posted on here. He's the one that started the mess in the first place by getting rid of AB in 2000. Since that moment it's been downhill.

he had nothing to do with the last 5 managers though or however many it is
Posted by: Sigone, September 21, 2011, 7:28pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from GrimRob

Don't forget spending all the ITV digital money(before it arrived, oops) on loan players, that took moneys we never got out of the club and said bye bye thus leaving us with no sellable assetts.  Then stopped paying tax running up a huge bill.  How this guy can show his face in town I will never know.  I fart in your general direction Mr H.  So now he supports dirty Leeds well, that well and truly takes the biscuit, marriage made in heaven.  Huxford 4 chairman(OF LUFC).
Posted by: Marinerz93, September 21, 2011, 7:34pm; Reply: 12
[IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2luyion.gif[/IMG] Huxford [IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/2nvsehj.gif[/IMG]
Posted by: GrimRob, September 21, 2011, 7:37pm; Reply: 13
Quoted from Sigone

Huxford 4 chairman(OF LUFC).

He hasn't got the money. Chief Steward's about his best hope of climbing the ladder at ER.
Posted by: Super Clive, September 21, 2011, 7:37pm; Reply: 14
M93

;D Love it
Posted by: Chris, September 21, 2011, 7:58pm; Reply: 15
Quoted from the Grimbarian
Brian Huxford seems to think this has manufactured by Fenty so he can walk away with all the money hes invested in the Club as Parker will have to if he makes a takeover offer

Couldn't give a flying intercourse what he thinks about it to be honest.
Posted by: gtfc98, September 21, 2011, 8:05pm; Reply: 16
As much as I agree that Huxford is a male masturbator, I thought what he said on humberside was actually very valid and he put across what I was trying to say on here earlier. Fenty is looking for an exit strategy, no doubt about it
Posted by: headingly_mariner, September 21, 2011, 8:06pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from gtfc98
As much as I agree that Huxford is a male masturbator, I thought what he said on humberside was actually very valid and he put across what I was trying to say on here earlier. Fenty is looking for an exit strategy, no doubt about it

whs and he is also looking to get his money back.
Posted by: the Grimbarian, September 21, 2011, 8:18pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner

hE RANG IN TO OFFER HIS OPINION LIKE YOU DO ON HERE

Posted by: MJMariner, September 21, 2011, 8:24pm; Reply: 19
I'm not a fan of Huxford but people would have been absolutely hammering the board at the time if we weren't spending the ITV money and taking the "let's not spend it in case it goes bust attitude".  Surely the people most at fault for the clubs not getting the money they were due were the League's legal people who drew up the initial contracts?

People bang on about spending money we never had but we've been doing that with Fenty for years now!
Posted by: hertfordshire mariner, September 21, 2011, 8:25pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from MJMariner
I'm not a fan of Huxford but people would have been absolutely hammering the board at the time if we weren't spending the ITV money and taking the "let's not spend it in case it goes bust attitude".  Surely the people most at fault for the clubs not getting the money they were due were the League's legal people who drew up the initial contracts?

People bang on about spending money we never had but we've been doing that with Fenty for years now!

WHS
Posted by: Claudius Tiberius Smith, September 21, 2011, 8:26pm; Reply: 21
Quoted from headingly_mariner

If it's a loan then he may well be getting very good interest on it so won't want it back at this time.

Posted by: GrimRob, September 21, 2011, 8:27pm; Reply: 22
http://www.thefishy.co.uk/story.php?id=8096102
Posted by: voice of reason, September 21, 2011, 8:35pm; Reply: 23
Quoted from headingly_mariner

The other that fuels this fire for me is - JF said he was told by e-mail last week that MP should not be considered to be providing more finance... Suddenly despite MP buying his shares 6 months ago the Takeover Panel appear from no where to question JF on the 17th of this month... I wonder who's best interest it would be in that they would become involved....???

Call me cynical if you like but to me it looks like, JF realises he is financing the club on his own again so he decides to alert the Takeover Panel to the situation that happened 6 months ago, knowing, that this will potentially invoke rule 9 and make MP have to make an offer for JF's shares...

It wouldn't surprise me if JF realised MP wasn't going to finance the club any longer when he stepped down from the board in March..??? and therefore allowed MP to purchase more shares and JF chose to put his money in in loans, knowing this would make MP the new major shareholder and that this could be a good exit strategy for JF...
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, September 21, 2011, 8:37pm; Reply: 24

hE RANG IN TO OFFER HIS OPINION LIKE YOU DO ON HERE

He fella is clearly excrement stirring. . .whereas I am not
Posted by: moosey_club, September 21, 2011, 9:08pm; Reply: 25
Quoted from Sigone

Don't forget spending all the ITV digital money(before it arrived, oops) on loan players, that took moneys we never got out of the club and said bye bye thus leaving us with no sellable assetts.  Then stopped paying tax running up a huge bill.  How this guy can show his face in town I will never know.  I fart in your general direction Mr H.  So now he supports dirty Leeds well, that well and truly takes the biscuit, marriage made in heaven.  Huxford 4 chairman(OF LUFC).

You missed off that list he was also a fvcking awful local referee !!
Posted by: ginnywings, September 21, 2011, 9:28pm; Reply: 26
People may not like Huxford,but he is far more likely to be in the know than any poster on here,so his view is a valid one surely?
Posted by: Chris, September 21, 2011, 9:45pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from ginnywings
People may not like Huxford,but he is far more likely to be in the know than any poster on here,so his view is a valid one surely?

Not really. Unless he's planning to put his money in I cant see how his opinion in worthy of a thread and a debate all of its own.
Posted by: Grim up north, September 21, 2011, 9:48pm; Reply: 28
Quoted from MJMariner

The differance being Fenty spent 2 million of his own money on the club ..Huxford spent ours and ITV digitals that wasn't there.
Posted by: TheRonRaffertyFanClub, September 21, 2011, 9:54pm; Reply: 29
Quoted from MJMariner

We only did the same as other clubs. The difference is that we stayed (relatively) solvent afterwards and didn't do the same fiddles as some of the others.

Loans were a problem though - somebody should have stopped that stupidity at BP but on the other hand the fans were as much to blame as anyone, they lapped up these exotic players.
Posted by: ginnywings, September 21, 2011, 10:02pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from Chris

Not really. Unless he's planning to put his money in I cant see how his opinion in worthy of a thread and a debate all of its own.

Because he is in regular contact with Parker?
Posted by: Chris, September 21, 2011, 10:04pm; Reply: 31
Yeah which makes his opinion even less valid because he's spouting propaganda, rather than the implied opinion!!

By the way I do hope he isn't planning on trying to get involved in the club again.....
Posted by: ginnywings, September 21, 2011, 10:07pm; Reply: 32
Quoted from Chris
Yeah which makes his opinion even less valid because he's spouting propaganda, rather than the implied opinion!!

By the way I do hope he isn't planning on trying to get involved in the club again.....

See where you are coming from but it could just as likely be the truth as propaganda,depending on your viewpoint and which side of the argument you favour.

Don't thik he will be involved with the club again IMO.
Posted by: gtfc98, September 21, 2011, 10:28pm; Reply: 33
Maybe its Huxford that Parker has in mind for chairman ;)
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, September 21, 2011, 10:30pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from gtfc98
Maybe its Huxford that Parker has in mind for chairman ;)

??) ??) ??) ??) ??) ??) ??) ??) ??) Oh God no

Posted by: Simariner, September 21, 2011, 10:56pm; Reply: 35
He lives across the road from me near Weelsby Woods
Posted by: the Grimbarian, September 22, 2011, 12:23am; Reply: 36
Theres plenty of PARANOID people on here all he did was ring in to a PHONE IN show on the radio and offered his opinion and the going ons at Blundell Park Towers at the moment.I dont really like the man BUT he spoke sense for a change in what he said.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, September 22, 2011, 1:15am; Reply: 37
Theres plenty of PARANOID people on here all he did was ring in to a PHONE IN show on the radio and offered his opinion and the going ons at Blundell Park Towers at the moment.I dont really like the man BUT he spoke sense for a change in what he said.

Your a sad illegitimate sometimes Terry
Posted by: the Grimbarian, September 22, 2011, 2:29am; Reply: 38
Ok alan!! :P
Posted by: Biccys, September 22, 2011, 8:05am; Reply: 39
Did he not say that Parker would not want to get involved as long as Fenty was on the board still? Sounds like the elephant in the room to me...!
Posted by: JazzMariner, September 22, 2011, 12:19pm; Reply: 40
Quoted from MJMariner

The problem was that GTFC were probably the club most exposed to the risk of ITV Digital going bust. With some clubs it was only a quarter or less of their annual income but the story is that it was nearly 75% of Town's. Therefore it had a massive affect on us but not on other teams.

Posted by: GollyGTFC, September 22, 2011, 12:28pm; Reply: 41
Few points to make...

Doug Everitt was Chairman when Alan Buckley was sacked. Bryan Huxford was Vice Chairman. Bryan Huxford left the board and sold his shares prior to the ITV digital season- 9 months before it collapsed.

And it is worth remembering that during 2001-02 the club made a £1,000,000 operating profit and halved club debt in a single season. Whilst Huxford left just before the season he was involved in setting the budget and must take his share of the credit for this. Had ITV digital not collapsed the club would have been debt free by the end of the 3 year ITV digital TV deal and wouldn't have defaulted to the Inland Revenue. Peter Furneaux was Chairman at this time- you remember him? The guy who idiots (alot from here) hounded out of the club after twice saving the club from possible insolvency and leading the club to the most successful period in the club's post-war history.

The only way the club could have protected themselves from ITV digital collapsing would have been to only give out 1 year contracts which wouldn't have attracted players in the first place, but also left the club open to losing all their best players every summer and having to rebuild. Hardly a recipe for success for a small club fighting to stay in the 2nd tier every season.
Print page generated: May 20, 2024, 5:47pm