Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: aldi_01, August 13, 2011, 5:17pm
Without discussing our performance I have to say Fleetwood town are an absolute disgrace of a football side. Yes it may be about winning games etc but quite frankly if the only way is to perform, cheat, circumvent whYevwt you want to call it as they did today then I'd rather find another sport. Yes I know sportsmanship exists etc but they were quite simply a disgrace.
Posted by: bobbyturtle, August 13, 2011, 5:17pm; Reply: 1
Sounds like creepy last season
Posted by: ginnywings, August 13, 2011, 5:19pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from aldi_01
Without discussing our performance I have to say Fleetwood town are an absolute disgrace of a football side. Yes it may be about winning games etc but quite frankly if the only way is to perform, cheat, circumvent whYevwt you want to call it as they did today then I'd rather find another sport. Yes I know sportsmanship exists etc but they were quite simply a disgrace.

Same as every other team that came here and beat us last year and the year before.Get in the lead and disrupt the flow of the game.Would take that at the moment because at least they end up with 3 points.
Posted by: gary_elton, August 13, 2011, 5:20pm; Reply: 3
Commentary on Mariners World will support your view and also suggest that the
referee " lost it " and bottled some big decisions... but a 2 - 0 home defeat on day 1
somehow doesnt augur well...

having sed that... Crawley Town lost their first home game last year at home to a
certain Grimsby Town... and then look what happened...

I don't know what to fcukin think....   :-/
Posted by: aldi_01, August 13, 2011, 5:20pm; Reply: 4
Worse than Crawley, in crawleys defence, they at times could play football. Fleetwood were just simply a disgrace. Like i said, if that's what it needs to win games etc then I'll fond myself another sport to watch.
Posted by: aldi_01, August 13, 2011, 5:22pm; Reply: 5
They dint just upset the flow though...punching opposition players, blatant bullying of officials and players and just out and out cheating isn't just upsetting the flow.
Posted by: LH, August 13, 2011, 5:26pm; Reply: 6
I reckon Brodie needs to go to visit a doctor to see to that head injury he appears to have which causes him to bump into anyone wearing a black and white striped shirt.
Posted by: GtfcGarner, August 13, 2011, 5:26pm; Reply: 7
Felt sorry for Elding the amount of elbows that flew about
Posted by: Dragon, August 13, 2011, 5:32pm; Reply: 8
I agree, Elding got a smack on the back of the head just about every time the ball came in.  On on occasion you could even hear the smack - well I could, poor linesman not only couldn't see, he couldn't hear it either being only 5 metres away.
Posted by: Mariners95, August 13, 2011, 5:37pm; Reply: 9
Played decent football untill the second half and turned into a bunch of male masturbators. Very dirty team and Brodie drunk me off so much! He really is a male masturbator! I hope he gets snapped by someone and his season ends!
Posted by: Havelock the Dane, August 13, 2011, 5:40pm; Reply: 10
Second half was a wrestling match. ref lost control and was flipping feeble throughout. They are a bunch of girl privates who deserve a good kicking from a stronger team than us. Brodie should have been a cot death.
Posted by: Mighty_Mariner, August 13, 2011, 5:41pm; Reply: 11
Quoted from Mariners95
Played decent football untill the second half and turned into a bunch of male masturbators. Very dirty team and Brodie drunk me off so much! He really is a male masturbator! I hope he gets snapped by someone and his season ends!

Seconded!!!!!
Posted by: aldi_01, August 13, 2011, 5:41pm; Reply: 12
Aids is too good for Brodie.
Posted by: Mariners95, August 13, 2011, 5:46pm; Reply: 13
Brodie deseves to play Bruce Willis's role in Die Hard with a vengance when he goes into the ghetto with a racist sign...
Posted by: ponnyfan, August 13, 2011, 6:00pm; Reply: 14
Quoted from Mariners95
Brodie deseves to play Bruce Willis's role in Die Hard with a vengance when he goes into the ghetto with a racist sign...
Brodie is a disgraceful excuse for a man  >:(

Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 13, 2011, 6:04pm; Reply: 15
Id rather have Brodie leading the line than Elding. Morals are for losers, winners do whatever it takes to grind out a result.
Posted by: cleemaddog, August 13, 2011, 6:06pm; Reply: 16
Quoted from 75
Id rather have Brodie leading the line than Elding. Morals are for losers, winners do whatever it takes to grind out a result.

Good job you dont play for the indian cricket team then!! Its not about the winning in my eyes, I would rather my team played well and lost than cheated and won.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 13, 2011, 6:08pm; Reply: 17
Quoted from cleemaddog

Good job you dont play for the indian cricket team then!! Its not about the winning in my eyes, I would rather my team played well and lost than cheated and won.

Hmmmmm......I must disagree. Winning is everything, it's the only reason to participate. Respect your view though.
Posted by: MarinerJosh, August 13, 2011, 6:08pm; Reply: 18
Quoted from cleemaddog

That won't win us promotion.
Posted by: tashee69, August 13, 2011, 6:13pm; Reply: 19
Quoted from 75

BIG, BIG difference between grinding out a result and punching an opposition player.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 13, 2011, 6:14pm; Reply: 20
Quoted from MarinerJosh

That won't win us promotion.

Nope, but it might get Fleetwood up. Crawley didn't do too badly either.
Posted by: cleemaddog, August 13, 2011, 6:18pm; Reply: 21
So you'd pay good money to see your team intimidate (weak)referees, blatantly assault the opposition, waste time, disrupt the game etc etc.
Not what I pay my money to watch,
We all want promotion but at what price?
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 13, 2011, 6:20pm; Reply: 22
Quoted from cleemaddog
So you'd pay good money to see your team intimidate (weak)referees, blatantly assault the opposition, waste time, disrupt the game etc etc.

In a word, yes.

I'd prefer to see flowing passing football, as little gamesmanship as possible but if we gave to scratch, bite and kick our way back into the league then I would be delighted to leave many a non league messageboard whining like we seem to be.
Posted by: Matt Mal, August 13, 2011, 6:20pm; Reply: 23
Unfortunately, perhaps fortunately i couldnt attend today's game! Could someone please tell me did we have any strikers on the field today, have just seen the stats 60% possession and zero shots, doesnt take a genius to work out something is wrong!!! give the young boys a go, mulreedy, wood etc!!!! Play for the shirt.
Posted by: tashee69, August 13, 2011, 6:26pm; Reply: 24
Quoted from Matt Mal
Unfortunately, perhaps fortunately i couldnt attend today's game! Could someone please tell me did we have any strikers on the field today, have just seen the stats 60% possession and zero shots, doesnt take a genius to work out something is wrong!!! give the young boys a go, mulreedy, wood etc!!!! Play for the shirt.

We were very poor up top, no real creativity. As for no shots on target....there were a few blocked, I can remember a Coulson effort in the first half that went over, Serge had a shot tipped over for a corner and there was an overhead from a corner that landed on the top of their net. They're the ones I can remember without thinking so whoever is doing the stats are not doing their job very well.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), August 13, 2011, 6:31pm; Reply: 25
Wasn't there myself either. Eliding sounded ineffective or was it the service? The lad Mcnaught dominated him?
Posted by: siy2k5, August 13, 2011, 6:32pm; Reply: 26
Quoted from tashee69

We were very poor up top, no real creativity. As for no shots on target....there were a few blocked, I can remember a Coulson effort in the first half that went over, Serge had a shot tipped over for a corner and there was an overhead from a corner that landed on the top of their net. They're the ones I can remember without thinking so whoever is doing the stats are not doing their job very well.

Elding had one just over too.
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 13, 2011, 6:36pm; Reply: 27
Quoted from 75
Wasn't there myself either. Eliding sounded ineffective or was it the service? The lad Mcnaught dominated him?

the lad Mcnaught dominated all of our strikeforce and midfield. Their defence was far superior to ours.
Posted by: maxfox44, August 13, 2011, 6:37pm; Reply: 28
I think Elding is going to or has already become the Fishy target for the year.
Posted by: siy2k5, August 13, 2011, 6:40pm; Reply: 29
The referee was an absolute disgrace.  Not saying that's the reason we lost, we didn't deserve anything, but some of his decisions were quite frankly dumbfounding! I was very surprised at Fleetwood's tactics, they were arguably the best footballing side to visit BP last season.  Very reminiscent of Crawley when they came here last season, only ten times worse!
Posted by: AdamHaddock, August 13, 2011, 6:40pm; Reply: 30
Quoted from maxfox44
I think Elding is going to or has already become the Fishy target for the year.

I hope he reproduces his best form from Stevenage and Stockport but just didn't see him make any real contribution today. I don't know how much of a pre season he's had though.

I really hope someone does an Eduardo on Brodie. I accept what the Vicar says about winning but the day I see gamesmanship like that from town players I think I'll go watch the cricket instead
Posted by: Matt Mal, August 13, 2011, 6:40pm; Reply: 31
He is very very poor.
Posted by: alvinghammariner, August 13, 2011, 6:47pm; Reply: 32
Elding isn't a saint either, i saw him stamp that fat cb off the ball in the first half.
Posted by: GG, August 13, 2011, 6:49pm; Reply: 33
When all the balls coming to Elding are in the air is there any wonder he didn't do much?

Their number 5 was an absolute disgrace today and should have been sent off for the blatant kidney punch and elbowing. Atkinson was winding up our players too. Sportsmanship doesn't apply if you're playing against Grimsby it seems.

On the upside I thought Mafoko had a good game, he really has got his head down in pre-season and deserved to be in the starting lineup today.
Posted by: GG, August 13, 2011, 6:50pm; Reply: 34
Quoted from alvinghammariner
Elding isn't a saint either, i saw him stamp that fat cb off the ball in the first half.

To be fair on Elding he had been shoulder barged three times in quick succession prior to the stamp.
Posted by: Biccys, August 13, 2011, 6:51pm; Reply: 35

That was after tug boat had barged into him & pushed him, both off the ball. But yes, he shouldn't have stamped on him. Especially as he missed the fat male masturbators toes....
Posted by: Alkalineroger, August 13, 2011, 6:59pm; Reply: 36

Never actually stamped on him he missed, although I'm not sure if thats a bad sign.. As he was the proverbial barn door
Posted by: cleeimp, August 13, 2011, 7:11pm; Reply: 37
>:( >:( >:( >:(
IMHO if fleet wood had played the game truly  and the  ref had not bottled it we would have won it became apparent that we were going to suffer when the  ref allowed  them to get away with so much.
Can't the club send the recording to the right officials because it should be played again with another  ref and fleet wood should be fined 10 points for not playing the game I am fcuking mad because Like many more  I was expecting a good game of football not one sided cheats wasn't serge  great and the way the hulk Spencer belt that player back.UTMM
Posted by: GG, August 13, 2011, 7:13pm; Reply: 38
We were saying in the Upper that once Spencer came on their number 5 would quieten down. Big Spence took no excrement. :)
Posted by: Lew19, August 13, 2011, 7:18pm; Reply: 39
Quoted from GG
We were saying in the Upper that once Spencer came on their number 5 would quieten down. Big Spence took no excrement. :)

i agree when spencer came on there number 5 wasnt as big as he fort haha soon piped down hearn and spencer up top if we are to use long ball
Posted by: moosey_club, August 13, 2011, 7:28pm; Reply: 40
There are two ways to look at today......look elsewhere for an excuse to hide behind or look inwardly and accept that we really did very little to win the game, whatever the oppositions approach.
Why the hell we continued with our direct lump approach for the majority of the game when none of the three strikers won anything like enough of the ball i dont know.
Never really got behind them throughout apart from maybe two or three occassions, mainly due to the one man attacking show that was Serge.

Disappointed in the result, disappointed with the ref, disappointed with Fleetwoods professionalism but very disappointed with the way we did not deal with any of it and just repeatedly tried the same ineffective tactic throughout.  

Posted by: kevikov, August 13, 2011, 7:39pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from moosey_club
There are two ways to look at today......look elsewhere for an excuse to hide behind or look inwardly and accept that we really did very little to win the game, whatever the oppositions approach.
Why the hell we continued with our direct lump approach for the majority of the game when none of the three strikers won anything like enough of the ball i dont know.
Never really got behind them throughout apart from maybe two or three occassions, mainly due to the one man attacking show that was Serge.

Disappointed in the result, disappointed with the ref, disappointed with Fleetwoods professionalism but very disappointed with the way we did not deal with any of it and just repeatedly tried the same ineffective tactic throughout.  

I'd agree with that, plus i thought yet again our link between defence and attack is far from being sorted. Still need convincing in midfield for me. Until they scored, which was a garner simple mistake, poor reading of the ball and their man in to score easily, we matched them enough. Game was lost by the time they got their second so i don't care about that.
Posted by: Mariner_501, August 13, 2011, 8:06pm; Reply: 42
May be a disgrace, but the tactics they used won them the game. Or they won because they're better than us? Just a thought...
Posted by: moosey_club, August 13, 2011, 8:13pm; Reply: 43
Quoted from kevikov

I'd agree with that, plus i thought yet again our link between defence and attack is far from being sorted. Still need convincing in midfield for me. Until they scored, which was a garner simple mistake, poor reading of the ball and their man in to score easily, we matched them enough. Game was lost by the time they got their second so i don't care about that.

The link has been there in pre season but when they have played the three across the middle i have thought, was very suprised they went and then stayed with 4-4-2.
Posted by: Kris2, August 13, 2011, 8:23pm; Reply: 44
First half they were much better than us. We only seemed to come into the game after they scored before that it was mostly Fleetwood and they always looked like scoring i actually thought they looked a good team in the first half and we were just second best all over. Need to change that long ball game if todays starting front two are the pairing we are going for it didn't work at all since jumping is neither players strong point. Our defense was almost non existant for much of the game they were positionally inept and didn't seem to have any organisation leaving the goalkeeper alone for both goals where he had no chance.

Second half was such a mess that it was hard to say who the better team was After their goal it degenerated into a farse, elbows all over the place fouls constantly, feigning injury,fights breaking out and the referee failing to sort things out and get everyone playing football again.
Posted by: GrimRob, August 13, 2011, 8:52pm; Reply: 45
The Fleetwood fans didn't appear unhappy, neither did Crawley's last season. Remember what a "hero" Jack Lester was for diving and how we all used to laugh about it when he won us penalties with his dives. When the boot in on the other foot we happily accept gamesmanship. Every modern footballer tries to cheat. Some are better than others at it that's all.
Posted by: lew chaterleys lover, August 13, 2011, 8:57pm; Reply: 46
Quoted from cleeimp
IMHO if fleet wood had played the game truly  and the  ref had not bottled it we would have won it became apparent that we were going to suffer when the  ref allowed  them to get away with so much.
Can't the club send the recording to the right officials because it should be played again with another  ref and fleet wood should be fined 10 points for not playing the game I am fcuking mad because Like many more  I was expecting a good game of football not one sided cheats wasn't serge  great and the way the hulk Spencer belt that player back.UTMM

I think we had one shot on target,but you think we would have won had the ref not "bottled it"?
Posted by: Sane Mariner, August 13, 2011, 8:57pm; Reply: 47
Intersting in his post match Hurst said he didn't think Fleetwood were overly physical! It might not be a pretty way to play football but they left with the points and we need to learn to cope with teams that are going to come to BP and play that type of game, we just didn't have a response for it today IMO. If we need to barge and elbow our way back into the league then I'm all for it! Would rather see that than us getting out fought every game!
Posted by: Abdul19, August 13, 2011, 9:09pm; Reply: 48
Quoted from Mariner_501
May be a disgrace, but the tactics they used won them the game. Or they won because they're better than us? Just a thought...

Exactly. The OS shots on target stats: 1-10.
Posted by: connorGTFC, August 13, 2011, 9:14pm; Reply: 49
i know elding got a lot of rough treatment today at the hans of Cap'n Fat , but surely he has come up against it before , personally i thought he didnt look interested.. as for fleetwoods behaviour DISGUSTING , McNulty FAT GREY HAIRED THUG, how you can punch a player twice and stay on the pitch amazes me and well i cant even use any words to descride that Tw@ Brodie , i hope his house gets bombed

I just hope i see a better performance for my birthday on tuesday :D
Posted by: ponnyfan, August 13, 2011, 9:34pm; Reply: 50
Quoted from connorGTFC
i know elding got a lot of rough treatment today at the hans of Cap'n Fat , but surely he has come up against it before , personally i thought he didnt look interested.. as for fleetwoods behaviour DISGUSTING , McNulty FAT GREY HAIRED THUG, how you can punch a player twice and stay on the pitch amazes me and well i cant even use any words to descride that Tw@ Brodie , i hope his house gets bombed

I just hope i see a better performance for my birthday on tuesday :D
Happy birthday for tuesday !

Posted by: grimboy86, August 13, 2011, 9:48pm; Reply: 51
There are 45 games to go. Norwich lost 7-1 (albeit under a different manager who was shown the door) on their opening day 2 years ago and they are now in the Premier League. Same with Blackpool last year; they beat Wigan 4-0 and Wigan stayed up and Blackpool went down. It's too early to make any comments about either Town's season or even Fleetwood's for that matter. The team showed some passion and desire today but lacked a cutting edge. The referee completely lost the game. Lets now focus and move onto Tuesday and think positive rather than negative. Positive minds for Tuesday should hopefully produce the result we want. We can't change today's result. UTM.
Posted by: ponnyfan, August 13, 2011, 9:50pm; Reply: 52
Quoted from grimboy86
There are 45 games to go. Norwich lost 7-1 (albeit under a different manager who was shown the door) on their opening day 2 years ago and they are now in the Premier League. Same with Blackpool last year; they beat Wigan 4-0 and Wigan stayed up and Blackpool went down. It's too early to make any comments about either Town's season or even Fleetwood's for that matter. The team showed some passion and desire today but lacked a cutting edge. The referee completely lost the game. Lets now focus and move onto Tuesday and think positive rather than negative. Positive minds for Tuesday should hopefully produce the result we want. We can't change today's result. UTM.
Well said mate

Posted by: kamakazebear, August 13, 2011, 10:11pm; Reply: 53
Wood gave me the only entertainment of the day when he dragged Brodie across the floor and threw him!
Posted by: grimboy86, August 13, 2011, 10:12pm; Reply: 54
Wood should receive a trophy for that at the Player of the Year Awards. Classic. Made my day.
Posted by: Smodgie_85, August 13, 2011, 10:18pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from grimboy86
Wood should receive a trophy for that at the Player of the Year Awards. Classic. Made my day.

I agree with that - Brodie was so obviously faking injury and was hoping to get something out of it but I wasn't expecting Wood to throw him. He was very lucky to have stayed in the game.
Posted by: Havelock the Dane, August 13, 2011, 10:28pm; Reply: 56
If Wood had thrown him into a huge hole and covered him with gravel it would have been even better, the ugly ducking wankwiper.
Posted by: TownSNAFU5, August 13, 2011, 11:03pm; Reply: 57
Fleetwood were dirty, physical and tried to provoke our players.   The ref was too lenient, poor and inconsistent.   None of these factors were unknown last season.   We did not deal with the nasty side of Fleetwood.   In the same way that we struggled to deal with their football.
Posted by: the Grimbarian, August 13, 2011, 11:03pm; Reply: 58
THEY DID WHAT THEY HAD TO AND BEAT US HANDS DOWN BECAUSE WE WERE EMBARASSING TODAY
Posted by: grimboy86, August 13, 2011, 11:09pm; Reply: 59
Move on. No amount of moaning is going to change today's result... only affect Tuesday's.
Posted by: Lew19, August 14, 2011, 3:13am; Reply: 60
lol brodie didn't know what to do he just flapped his arms about and when brad tripped him up classic!
Posted by: marinette, August 14, 2011, 12:30pm; Reply: 61
Quoted from cleeimp

Looking at the dirtiness of Fleetwood from a slightly different angle, I think it added a bit of excitement to the game, although I'd hate it if we won anything important by cheating like that.  We're not always going to get powder puff weak referees in our games - that one didn't look very old and was perhaps quite inexperienced - don't know.  Do ALL the games have a referee's assessor watching them?  I hope they do.

At least it got everybody fired up, and on the same side ... players, fans and managers all furious together.

Bradley Wood...don't you just love him?   ;D ;D
Posted by: Eastendmariner, August 14, 2011, 1:15pm; Reply: 62
To be honest, yes we deplore kicking, punching, FAKING INJURY but we were not up to what was going on, if that game had gone on for another 2 hours we would not have scored.
As for their fat boy no5 well he would of lasted 2mins at Sunday league level !! YOU NEED TO SHOW A PHYSICAL PRESENCE and we didn't we lookeed at the ref  BUT the ref was JUST letting him do what he wanted.he set the bar once he got away with punching Town's forward in the ribs again AND AGAIN

we couldn't deal with what Flletwood were doing ..

Number 5 had a great game in their eyes he mixed rough tactics with his football brain....we had no answer..

WE AS A SIDE NEED TO TOUGHEN UP !!

Posted by: TAGG, August 14, 2011, 1:23pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from aldi_01

FFS can't it just be we got beat by a better team that wanted the 3 points more than we did.
According to Toot & Ploot they were getting players in to fit the style of play in this league obviously they haven't.
Posted by: Lew19, August 14, 2011, 2:07pm; Reply: 64
they wasnt a better team then us at all though we had most of the ball in second half once they scored there goal they just sat back and got all there players behind the goal using dirty tactics and playing to the ref's weakness there second goal was on the counter which i think ridley got caught out for pace and garner should of stayed inside as wood was coming bk and would of got there in time but because garner came out he left a big hole in the middle that donnelly just had to run into.
Posted by: JUANTAYLOS, August 14, 2011, 2:12pm; Reply: 65
Apparently, people who listened to the game on radio Humberside said the commentator thought Fleetwood were the better team and deserved the win  ;).

From what I saw of the game, the better side won. If you can only manage 2 shots on target at home, then you won't be winning many games at all this season. As for most of the posts on this thread, just seems like you're just a bunch of bad losers!!!  :P :P :P

www.independentftff.proboards.com
Posted by: upthestripes, August 14, 2011, 3:35pm; Reply: 66
Quoted from JUANTAYLOS
Apparently, people who listened to the game on radio Humberside said the commentator thought Fleetwood were the better team and deserved the win  ;).

From what I saw of the game, the better side won. If you can only manage 2 shots on target at home, then you won't be winning many games at all this season. As for most of the posts on this thread, just seems like you're just a bunch of bad losers!!!  :P :P :P

Surely you can appreciate though how embarrassing it is for a club as proud as ours to lose to a tinpot little nothing outfit like Fleetwood? Quite honestly I didn't even  know you existed until a year ago.
Posted by: Lew19, August 14, 2011, 3:50pm; Reply: 67
Quoted from JUANTAYLOS

yes you deserved the win but you got lucky with ur dirty tactics and playing to the ref's weakness if the ref was alot stronger your mcnulty would of been sent off! and we would of had a penno for the push on spencer!
Posted by: upthestripes, August 14, 2011, 3:53pm; Reply: 68
Quoted from Lew19

yes you deserved the win but you got lucky with ur dirty tactics and playing to the ref's weakness if the ref was alot stronger your mcnulty would of been sent off! and we would of had a penno for the push on spencer!

That was effing blatent, you can't get any more stone wall. It would've finished 1-1 if that'd been given I think because I doubt we would've left ourselves open to the sucker punch if we'd been level.
Posted by: Lew19, August 14, 2011, 4:46pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from upthestripes

That was effing blatent, you can't get any more stone wall. It would've finished 1-1 if that'd been given I think because I doubt we would've left ourselves open to the sucker punch if we'd been level.

the ref was poor i ant blaming the ref for our performance but i do agree we got cheated big time the ref was clueless. and fleetwood played to that weakness look how many time mcnutly punched elding in the ribs and stuck his forarm in the back of his head.
Posted by: TAGG, August 14, 2011, 5:26pm; Reply: 70
Quoted from Lew19
they wasnt a better team then us at all though we had most of the ball in second half once they scored there goal they just sat back and got all there players behind the goal using dirty tactics and playing to the ref's weakness there second goal was on the counter which i think ridley got caught out for pace and garner should of stayed inside as wood was coming bk and would of got there in time but because garner came out he left a big hole in the middle that donnelly just had to run into.

Of course they where the better team.
They won 2-0
They worked the ref and got away with it.
Why didn't Town do that?
Toot and Ploot were brought here by The Idiot to get us out of this league by what ever means possible. If that means bullying the Ref and the opposition then if thats what we have to do so be it.
Don't slag Fleetwood off for doing just that. Fleetwood 3 points Town 0 points FACT  
Posted by: Havelock the Dane, August 14, 2011, 6:27pm; Reply: 71
The fact that they won doesn't alter the fact that they are an insignificant little bunch of cheating pussywipes, does it?

I'd rather eat Snooze's sick than be a Fleetwood supporter. 5000 years in non-league and possibly one year in division 4 with a team financed by a local Cod in Crispy Batter salesman. Whoo.
Posted by: Abdul19, August 14, 2011, 6:30pm; Reply: 72
Quoted from Lew19

Why didn't we do that then?

Fleetwood played like the set of players I thought Scott and Hurst were going to turn us into.
Posted by: wembley_double98, August 14, 2011, 6:47pm; Reply: 73
Quoted from Eastendmariner
To be honest, yes we deplore kicking, punching, FAKING INJURY but we were not up to what was going on, if that game had gone on for another 2 hours we would not have scored.
As for their fat boy no5 well he would of lasted 2mins at Sunday league level !! YOU NEED TO SHOW A PHYSICAL PRESENCE and we didn't we lookeed at the ref  BUT the ref was JUST letting him do what he wanted.he set the bar once he got away with punching Town's forward in the ribs again AND AGAIN

we couldn't deal with what Flletwood were doing ..

Number 5 had a great game in their eyes he mixed rough tactics with his football brain....we had no answer..

WE AS A SIDE NEED TO TOUGHEN UP !!

Good post mate, great to see you, Giles and Chris at the game
The ref lost control from the first minute, needed to show his cards early on to stamp out their thuggery, trouble is you feel as soon as we adopt the same policy the cards start showing their colours :-/
Their No.5 was a total C*** but the ref gave him licence to do as he pleased, yet on the other hand he did know how to defend and in my opinion he had a very good game

UTM!
Posted by: Lew19, August 14, 2011, 7:38pm; Reply: 74
Quoted from Abdul19

Why didn't we do that then?

Fleetwood played like the set of players I thought Scott and Hurst were going to turn us into.

thats because were a proud club and we shouldn't need to cheat and play to the ref to win.
Print page generated: May 18, 2024, 6:45am