Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: LondonMariner43, July 15, 2011, 7:14pm
Can't believe no one has done this yet!
Posted by: ross1cod, July 15, 2011, 7:25pm; Reply: 1
if he handed a request in.. sell sell sell imo, pleased its all over a done with, bye al, and thanks for 12 months
Posted by: SlouchyMetal, July 15, 2011, 7:42pm; Reply: 2
Sell if he wants to leave, no point in keeping someone that doesnt want to be there
Posted by: CarlitoBrigante, July 15, 2011, 11:28pm; Reply: 3
Quoted from SlouchyMetal
Sell if he wants to leave, no point in keeping someone that doesnt want to be there

True, but then why did he sign a 2-year deal?  He didn't want to be up north, end of.  He should never have come here, but the coin enticed him.  can't blame him, but I don't like seeing the club and it's fans used; he's never been, and will never again be, worshipped the same as he was here.
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), July 15, 2011, 11:49pm; Reply: 4
I don't blame him for not wanting to be here.

What no-one has brought up is why we didn't show enough passion or desire to make him want to stay.
For one, we weren't prepared to build a team around him.
We may have said we were happy for him to stay(yeah sure) but did the managers ever say he was important or crucial to their plans ?

You can also argue long ball tactics wouldn't work but I'm now convinced all these decisions to "reshape" the team(including the selling of Connell) were made last season and we played accordingly to expose certain "weaknesses".
Why else were we pumping the ball up in the air to him ? Did we ever make the effort to get the ball down and play to the his or the teams strengths ?
Of course not cos what would have happened if not just Connell, but the so called "wasters" had been successful come the back end of last season ? There wouldn't have been enough reason for the necessary "clearout" !

Someone made a very good point you can talk about him missing the south but he was happy enough to come down here to start off with.

It's no wonder Scott shrugged his shoulders when asked if Connell was happy in the recent MP interview !
Did he ever give a toss if he was here or not ? I doubt it.

Convince yourselves it was all Alans doing if you like, but IMO we've made the whole situation happen all by ourselves.
Posted by: louth_in_the_south, July 16, 2011, 12:12am; Reply: 5
He wasnt wanted at ballmouth , we probably offered better money than he was on to play in the bsp , score a load of goals and earn a decent move back into the league whether we went straight back up or not .
Posted by: LondonMariner43, July 16, 2011, 1:11pm; Reply: 6
Two polls - the same result - it was the right thing to do
Print page generated: May 20, 2024, 12:13am