Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: megs, July 15, 2011, 6:38pm
The undisclosed, as frustrating as it is for us fans not to know, it also means that other clubs will not know the amount we have received and the deal structure.

This can only be good if we are looking to sign a new player from a n other club and thus they can't say you sold AC for £xxx.xxx therefore you have that in your bank account....and we want it all.
Posted by: aaron rattray, July 15, 2011, 6:45pm; Reply: 1
when clubs say "undisclosed" i think they only do because one club has payed far to much for him or they have payed far to much for example if liverpool signed charlie adam for 48 million they would say undicosed and if they signed him for 250k blackpool shall say undiclosed but seeing as so they payed a decent fee it isnt undisclosed so basically town got next no nothing for him or swindon payed far too much for him  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Posted by: WackyCod, July 15, 2011, 6:49pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from aaron rattray
when clubs say "undisclosed" for example if liverpool signed charlie adam for 48 million they would say undicosed

They can only undisclose up to a certain amount of money like 9 or 19 million i thionk , so no wrong again aaron rattray

Posted by: megs, July 15, 2011, 6:50pm; Reply: 3
Don't disagree I was more thinking for example on the andy carroll signing, Liverpool had just sold Torres for £50m the Belford knew this and just upped the price for starting at £20m at the end dec when spurs were said to be interested.

I appreciated jan transfer can be inflated etc but to me it maybe shows when looking to spend the transfer money in the near future not just put it in the bank.:)
Posted by: megs, July 15, 2011, 6:51pm; Reply: 4
Sorry Belford should be Geordies (sp)
Posted by: aaron rattray, July 15, 2011, 6:53pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from WackyCod

They can only undisclose up to a certain amount of money like 9 or 19 million i thionk , so no wrong again aaron rattray

it was just an example. but i dont know about only undisclosing for certain amounts
Posted by: TWAreaTownSupporter, July 15, 2011, 6:54pm; Reply: 6
I think, in his unpunctuated manner, young Rattray,A. has got it right. Undisclosed usually means too "derisory" to admit to.
Posted by: TWAreaTownSupporter, July 15, 2011, 6:55pm; Reply: 7
I think, in his unpunctuated manner, young Rattray,A. has got it right. Undisclosed usually means too "derisory" to admit to.
Posted by: aaron rattray, July 15, 2011, 7:02pm; Reply: 8

oh thanks
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, July 15, 2011, 9:03pm; Reply: 9
I think I'm inclined to agree with Aaron to some extent
Posted by: bradzmilne, July 15, 2011, 9:07pm; Reply: 10
am sure fenty will give you a rough answer if someone asks at the fans fourm on monday?
Posted by: Abdul19, July 15, 2011, 9:21pm; Reply: 11
Undisclosed usually means too "derisory" to admit to.

Really?

"Crawley Town have completed the signing of York City striker Richard Brodie for an undisclosed fee..." (£275k)

"O'Shea, 30, has signed a four-year deal at the Stadium of Light after the clubs agreed an undisclosed fee." (I've no idea what the fee was but if it was over £14 Man U did well).
Posted by: tashee69, July 15, 2011, 9:34pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from WackyCod

Does this mean we got less than £9million for Connell. BOO FENTY BOO, Selling us short again !! (lff3)
Posted by: 1600 (Guest), July 15, 2011, 10:26pm; Reply: 13
Question - why was there any need for Connell to go on the transfer list ?
It suggests it made the deal possible with Connell losing a "cut" of the transfer fee.
Which in turn maybe suggests it was the largest sum Swindon were prepared to pay and the least we were prepared to accept.
If it's not £100K I'll be suprised, though maybe it's suprising it's happened at all.
Obviously I wish it had still fallen through but I'm coming round to the idea of accepting it and putting my faith in Fenty(I must be mad)
Posted by: Townfantom, July 15, 2011, 10:40pm; Reply: 14
I thought Undisclosed meant that theres add ons and clauses in the deal that there isn't a set amount to confirm. Tonduer said on the wireless earlier than its thought to be around £150,000 but thats with add ons with appearences and goals.
Posted by: Steve_gtfc, July 15, 2011, 10:45pm; Reply: 15
I would have thought it was best to declare a few whilst he is going down there for talks, as if any club wanted to top it they could put a counter offer (higher) forward to the club.
Print page generated: May 20, 2024, 12:15am