Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 28, 2009, 11:41am
What experiences have you had of bumping into someone you know in unexpected places. I remember when I went in the Millwall home end (see other forum) and for the return game 3 Millwall lads came and stayed at mine for the return. Well about 3 years later I was going to an England game and was stood on a packed platform at Baker Street waiting for the tube when I looked round and saw 2 off the Millwall fans stood next to me waiting as well.

Also, just recently when I went to The Brain Tumour UK Conference in Redditch I sat down in the main hall and was talking to a friend and happend to mention Grimsby. The couple in front of me turned round and it turns out they too were from Grimsby and only live about half a mile away from me but we had never met until that day. Later we also found out we were in adjoining rooms in the hotel too.
Posted by: GTFCDan, July 28, 2009, 3:42pm; Reply: 1
I wet to Ibiza a couple of years ago and saw and old mate of mine working as a p.a for one of the bars down the west end which was wierd. It ended up being a very good night though due to alot of free shots  :P.

On a slightly different note i've recently found that a friend of mine form Hull who has gone out to work in Portugal has met another friend of mine working out there and are now very good friends!
Posted by: Mariner16, July 28, 2009, 5:11pm; Reply: 2
I went to school with a lad I know, and in year 8 he moved back home to London. Two years later I bumped into him in Marmaris, Turkey on holiday.
Posted by: grimsby pete, July 28, 2009, 6:11pm; Reply: 3
Parked next to a car in the south of France and started talking to the couple,

It turned out they lived in a village a few miles up the road from me ,

Never met them before but parked right next to them 800 miles from home.
Posted by: Rodley Mariner, July 28, 2009, 9:43pm; Reply: 4
A lad I went to school with went to New Zealand for a long summer holiday with his parents. They were in Christchurch, went into a cafe for a coffee and our history teacher was sat inside.
Posted by: Biccys, July 28, 2009, 10:42pm; Reply: 5
Walking along a resort in Mallorca I bumped into a guy who was on my shift at work!

Sat in a hotel in Paris after watching the Darkness in Montmartre, speaking to some English guys, who were from Grimsby, and had flown over....to watch the Darkness... Wasn't anyone from off here was it?! We had an olive eating competition...!
Posted by: Civvy at last, July 29, 2009, 8:49am; Reply: 6
Quoted from Biccys
Walking along a resort in Mallorca I bumped into a guy who was on my shift at work!

Sat in a hotel in Paris after watching the Darkness in Montmartre, speaking to some English guys, who were from Grimsby, and had flown over....to watch the Darkness... Wasn't anyone from off here was it?! We had an olive eating competition...!

You RAF guys - Sooooooooooooo wild  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Posted by: kiss a fish, July 29, 2009, 8:54am; Reply: 7
Quoted from Biccys

;D ;D ;D ;D urgh puke.  One of my friends who took a sicky for a week was seen in some foreign clime by his boss!!  never did find out what happened to him after that
Posted by: MaccaBilk, July 29, 2009, 11:22pm; Reply: 8
Don't forget, we're all only 6 steps away from every other person on the planet...

[img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/94/Six_degrees_of_separation.png/250px-Six_degrees_of_separation.png[/img]
Posted by: mike the mariner, July 30, 2009, 3:03am; Reply: 9
When I was in Toronto I met two people from Gainsborough and on the same trip, while watching the 2005 champions league final in a sports bar, I met some Haarlem Supporters who knew a bit Grimsby because Menno Willems and Laurens ten Heuvel had recently been playing for them.
Posted by: marinerfrank, August 2, 2009, 12:35am; Reply: 10
i was working over in nottingham last week and got chatting to a woman whom i had never met before, and it turned out that a few years back she used to live next door to the house that i currently live in
Posted by: Teesknees, August 2, 2009, 10:42am; Reply: 11
I bumped into a bloke in my Mother's womb... who turned out to be my twin!!! Small world eh!
Posted by: Civvy at last, August 2, 2009, 9:35pm; Reply: 12
Quoted from marinerfrank
i was working over in nottingham last week and got chatting to a woman whom i had never met before, and it turned out that a few years back she used to live next door to the house that i currently live in

Cracking story. But did you nail her then ?
Posted by: tomb, August 3, 2009, 1:35pm; Reply: 13
Met my postman in Majorca a few years ago :P.  Wondered why they wasn't any post when i got back.
Print page generated: May 20, 2024, 2:07pm