Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: theicenian, July 26, 2009, 9:25am
I see they must have got the paperwork right as that old cold war warrior was flying over North Lincolnshire yesterday afternoon. Blow the pollution aspect what a lovely sight and sound she made dripping avgas all over the countryside. 8) 8) 8)
Posted by: Biccys, July 26, 2009, 9:33am; Reply: 1
She was given the certificate to fly the friday after the Waddington air show. She left late in the evening after spending almost a week on the pan there. Pretty poor show from all concerned that she didn't get the paperwork in time by all accounts.
Posted by: headingly_mariner, July 26, 2009, 12:23pm; Reply: 2
Quoted from theicenian
I see they must have got the paperwork right as that old cold war warrior was flying over North Lincolnshire yesterday afternoon. Blow the pollution aspect what a lovely sight and sound she made dripping avgas all over the countryside. 8) 8) 8)

the vulcan  ;D i thought you discovered something different.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, July 27, 2009, 8:13am; Reply: 3
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8169496.stm
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, July 27, 2009, 9:53am; Reply: 4
Yeah, he was great in the original Gladiators
Posted by: Civvy at last, July 27, 2009, 3:12pm; Reply: 5
Quoted from Biccys
She was given the certificate to fly the friday after the Waddington air show. She left late in the evening after spending almost a week on the pan there. Pretty poor show from all concerned that she didn't get the paperwork in time by all accounts.

Bloody paper shufflers.  Waste of time the lot of em I say.  ;)  :P
Posted by: PrestwichMariner, July 27, 2009, 3:17pm; Reply: 6
My mate saw the Vulcan on Saturday at Windermere Airshow. He was suitably impressed!
Posted by: Biccys, July 27, 2009, 3:43pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from Civvy at last

Bloody paper shufflers.  Waste of time the lot of em I say.  ;)  :P

Couldn't agree more my friend.

And the way they manipulated the public by flying into Waddo the day the certificate was due to fly, then blamed the CAA for not providing the ticket in time was nothing short of a scandal. They KNEW it was going to expire and they KNEW they wouldn't get permission in time. There was a lot of bad feeling at the airshow and I think a great many people will not return next year because of it.
Print page generated: May 20, 2024, 6:57pm