Print Topic - Archive

Fishy Forum  /  Archive  /  
Posted by: Black Haddock, July 5, 2009, 9:16am
I've been doing a bit of beery research on our 'almost twinned with town' Aalst.

It has a population of around 78,000 and the locals are known as 'Ajuinen' (Onions to you and me), the annual fair is all about onions too, it's a play on words so don't worry about it if you don't like onions!

Anyway it has loads of good bars, I'm a lover of Belgian beers (no not Stella and other types of 'pils' (with a silent 'l')).  One bar has over 140 beers to choose from (Apostelken) which is where I'll be based when and if a trip is put together.  I've also found other bars with beer lists of 100, 80, 70 and 60 respectivley, so plenty of choice to choose from!

Who's up for a Belgian beer tour at Aalst then?

BH.
Posted by: immariner, July 6, 2009, 8:40am; Reply: 1
I would be if you give me a couple of years to save some dosh?
Posted by: Les Brechin, July 6, 2009, 4:04pm; Reply: 2
I'd definitely be up for it BH. Keep me informed.
Posted by: MyDogsThoughts, July 10, 2009, 10:57am; Reply: 3
Can Dogs come?
Posted by: psgmariner, July 12, 2009, 5:50pm; Reply: 4
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
Can Dogs come?

They certainly can. I saw it online a few weeks back. Buckets of the stuff.

Posted by: gollyroger, July 12, 2009, 11:44pm; Reply: 5
when you thinking of arranging this beer quest?
Posted by: davmariner, July 16, 2009, 2:33pm; Reply: 6
Quoted from MyDogsThoughts
Can Dogs come?

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/pet/public/en_gb
Posted by: Black Haddock, July 16, 2009, 5:52pm; Reply: 7
Quoted from gollyroger
when you thinking of arranging this beer quest?

I think they play on Sundays mostly.  A home game would obviously be the one to go for.

The lads who kind of hosted the Belgian group that came over should choose the date really, they set up the link in the first place.

I'll see what they come up with and tag along/do my own thing, but watch Aalst for sure and drink some good stuff before and after.

There is a Beer Festival in Brugges over the weekend of 14-15 Nov (we are away to Northampton), that would be a good time to pop over and combine the two.  Sadly they are away playing KVC Willebroek-Meerhof on that Sunday, they play just south of Antwerp.

BH.
Posted by: Black Haddock, July 21, 2009, 8:30pm; Reply: 8
Aalst fixtures for 09-10.

http://www.soccerway.com/teams/belgium/vc-eendracht-aalst-2002/

BH.
Print page generated: May 20, 2024, 8:02pm