Fishy Forum  /  Classic Threads  /  
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 1, 2009, 11:02pm
The rules:

1. Must of registered on each site by the 1st of January 2009
2. Must of posted at least a minimum of 50 posts by 1st Feb
3. Must be 16 or over
4. Minimum entry fee of £75 £150 if not on site
5. Entry to be made to myself or Leon or via this thread
6. Sponsorship forms to be completed and fees to be paid by the day (unless agreed in advance)
7. Manager to be nominated by users and put to poll
8. If more than 22 apply there will be two matches played on separate pitches (subject to change)
9. Teams to include a sub keeper.

The Event:
A FRIENDLY football match between fans of each message board. The venue to be announced in short time, kick off time will be 9.30am or 3pm subject to poll.
Posted by: LH, February 1, 2009, 11:21pm; Reply: 1
Sticky please Rob.

FAO Danny North - make 40 odd posts in the next 40 minutes and you'll be eligible to play!

* Would just like to point out that we don't want to take anything away from the Internet Mariners. They play football all year against other teams fans. In fact we'd love any eligible Internet Mariners to take part.
Posted by: Mariner16, February 1, 2009, 11:52pm; Reply: 2
I am one of the internet mariners so i'd like to play. Lincoln dont have a team registered in the league so it would be good to play against them.  :)
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 1, 2009, 11:57pm; Reply: 3
Great cheers...
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 2, 2009, 12:10am; Reply: 4
Im in for tht when does the money have to be in by
Posted by: LH, February 2, 2009, 12:14am; Reply: 5
Third Saturday in Feb I think was agreed, but late payments can be agreed if needed. Drop one of us a PM with your name and email please.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 2, 2009, 12:20am; Reply: 6
can we get a kit sorted for it?
Posted by: LH, February 2, 2009, 12:23am; Reply: 7
Hoping the club will lend us the reserve kit or something, if not we'll sort something out.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 2, 2009, 12:25am; Reply: 8
are you in contact with the club ?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 2, 2009, 12:29am; Reply: 9
yup gonna speak to them tomoro morning
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 2, 2009, 12:32am; Reply: 10
if they are getting something out of this then surely they would fancy it
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 2, 2009, 12:36am; Reply: 11
The club were fully supportive of BTTB and im pretty sure they will be fully behind this, its a fans initative that can only help the clubs pr as well as raising valuable funds for charities.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 2, 2009, 12:41am; Reply: 12
who have we to referee?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 2, 2009, 12:42am; Reply: 13
Ive got a ref from Lincs Fa.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 2, 2009, 12:44am; Reply: 14
Thats brilliant, havent town got a game that saturday?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 2, 2009, 12:50am; Reply: 15
You being serious? The match will be played on march the 7th the day of the GTFC vs Lincoln match.
Posted by: Biccys, February 2, 2009, 4:04am; Reply: 16
Hmmm. That could be a fundamental flaw in the plan........!
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 2, 2009, 8:25am; Reply: 17
thats just what i was thinking, i wouldnt want to miss the game
Posted by: LH, February 2, 2009, 8:26am; Reply: 18
The point is it's before or after. So that we can get as many people as we can there to raise some money for charities. Do you honestly think we'd miss a local derby?
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 2, 2009, 8:31am; Reply: 19
not at all, but venue becomes more so important, giving fans time to get from one place to another
Posted by: barralad, February 2, 2009, 8:36am; Reply: 20
Quoted from Wrawby_Mariner
thats just what i was thinking, i wouldnt want to miss the game

ABSOLUTELY SURREAL ;D
Posted by: gary_elton, February 2, 2009, 8:36am; Reply: 21
Can't imagine anyone wanting to play afterwards....  so it should be on the friday night.. 6.30 pm kick-off
maybe at the King George Stadium with a 'bit of a do' in the evening... I'd even come along and do a set for free  8)

Sure you could find a disco as well for free ,GTFC would no doubt donate Mcmenemys and love the bar takings....
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 2, 2009, 8:37am; Reply: 22
Quoted from barralad

ABSOLUTELY SURREAL ;D

Well sorry for stating the obvious
Posted by: barralad, February 2, 2009, 8:40am; Reply: 23

Well sorry for stating the obvious

No actually you might be onto something Wrawbs. Just think of how much more peaceful the game would be if the "Fishy" hooligans were engaged in playing whilst the match was in progress. I think the stewards in the Pontoon are behind it!
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 2, 2009, 8:44am; Reply: 24
If it was played before the Town Lincoln clash, like a double header like the NFL but it was my idea before theirs.
add an extra couple of quid on the ticket price. job done,
Posted by: gary_elton, February 2, 2009, 8:47am; Reply: 25
The groundsman might have something to say about that tho methinks.... and you'd have to kick off about 10 so
the real sides could have their warm-ups... not many gonna come in for that time.... too much ale in the Imp for a start....
Posted by: MaccaBilk, February 2, 2009, 8:49am; Reply: 26
If it was played before the Town Lincoln clash, like a double header like the NFL but it was my idea before theirs.

You just can't help yourself, can you? Nicole's, Nicole's, Nicole's...it's all you ever think about.
Posted by: ska face, February 2, 2009, 8:51am; Reply: 27
That's getting to be the most tiresome joke ever posted...

But I'm glad you find it funny, someone has to I suppose.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 2, 2009, 8:53am; Reply: 28
Quoted from MaccaBilk

You just can't help yourself, can you? Nicole's, Nicole's, Nicole's...it's all you ever think about.

Your dirty mind and not mine. but still a good idea, sexual connertations or not
Posted by: lukeo, February 2, 2009, 9:36am; Reply: 29
It'll be a morning kick off no doubt ... I would play but i think Internet Mariners might have a game, plus i cant efford that much money at the moment going to Ibiza soon  :)
Posted by: lukeo, February 2, 2009, 9:37am; Reply: 30
to add ... if we dont have a game i am more than happy to come cheer the mariners side on  ;) :)
Posted by: 75 (Guest), February 2, 2009, 9:45am; Reply: 31
Bit too pricey for me to be honest. If it was played at BP after the Lincoln game it would be worth it but not on a scraggy pitch.
Posted by: barralad, February 2, 2009, 10:07am; Reply: 32
Quoted from 75
Bit too pricey for me to be honest. If it was played at BP after the Lincoln game it would be worth it but not on a scraggy pitch.

I could be wrong but isn't the idea that you try to raise the entry fee as sponsorship. It's a bit like those walking along the "Great Wall of China" or biking round Cuba events that charities advertise.

If it isn't then perhaps it should be...credit crunch and all that...
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 2, 2009, 10:56am; Reply: 33
Barra you are correct, we are in the process of doing some sponsorship forms, were hoping to do coporate awards, for most raised (£75 is just a guide) MOTM and few others....
Posted by: barralad, February 2, 2009, 11:31am; Reply: 34
This could be HUGE if we play it right!

The idea about having the game before/after the match and then going on somewhere has loads of possibilities.

Gary has already mentioned McMenemy's. I'd be prepared to weigh in with a football based quiz either for Grimsby v Lincoln or to get more involved: a table top quiz for teams of 4-ish charge a fiver to enter...job's a good 'un. Everyone wins!

For me the only problem with BTTB was that it was a bit flat afterwards. A night in town would be a great way to end the day on the 7th.
Posted by: BAWC, February 2, 2009, 12:36pm; Reply: 35
Best of luck with this fellas...seems a very good idea for some great causes.

I've mentioned it to Jon, and i'd be happy to try and persuade a couple of ex-Town/Lincoln players to maybe captain each side, aswell as a way of gaining more publicity? Maybe even be able to have a word with John Cockerill to see if he, and his brother, would be up for it!?!

Cockers captaining Town and Glenn playing for the Imps? ;)
Posted by: LH, February 2, 2009, 2:08pm; Reply: 36
This is more feasible than BTTB ever was, which is what will hopefully make it a great event. We did think about getting two legends for each team and for them to play a half each. However, Dave Boylen is eligible to play for Town as a fan.

We also thought about an after do or whatever. Get a couple of awards, MOTM for each side, most money raised for each side (maybe win a signed shirt from their team or something?) and of course the Lincolnshire Derby Fans Trophy. The only real stumbling block is the location at the minute. Once that is sorted it's well on its way.
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, February 2, 2009, 2:10pm; Reply: 37
Nice of Lincoln fans to play in this game but when it comes to play our 'fans team' they bottle it.

Bunch of fags.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 2, 2009, 2:14pm; Reply: 38
so quizes, guest speakers get fenty up telling some jokes
Posted by: MarinerJosh, February 2, 2009, 9:23pm; Reply: 39
I'm up for it.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 2, 2009, 9:27pm; Reply: 40
should be good
Posted by: pseudonym, February 2, 2009, 9:32pm; Reply: 41
Quoted from lukeo
It'll be a morning kick off no doubt ... I would play but i think Internet Mariners might have a game, plus i cant efford that much money at the moment going to Ibiza soon  :)
Is that on the Scunthorpe United pre-season tour  ;D

Posted by: wrighty88, February 2, 2009, 10:02pm; Reply: 42
i wouldn't mind playing in goal for it?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 2, 2009, 10:59pm; Reply: 43
I dont see why not, what we will do is hold one or two training sessions for anyone who wants to play...
Posted by: ponnyfan, February 2, 2009, 11:42pm; Reply: 44
Quoted from ska face
That's getting to be the most tiresome joke ever posted...

But I'm glad you find it funny, someone has to I suppose.
I think you'll find that the number of people that have posted as result of it, quite a few people find it funny

Posted by: ska face, February 3, 2009, 1:18am; Reply: 45
Doesn't say much for them, does it?
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 3, 2009, 9:42am; Reply: 46
Quoted from ponnyfan
I think you'll find that the number of people that have posted as result of it, quite a few people find it funny

I thought alot of people found it funny, but each to there own and that
Posted by: blasty, February 3, 2009, 9:59am; Reply: 47
I dont mind being gaffer if no one else fancies it......................been running my Sunday side for 6 years now (Albion Athletic - currently having a relegation battle in Div 5).

Could also supply kit if there is no other source (Black and White Hoops)

Anyway the offer is there...............

Cheers  :)
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, February 3, 2009, 10:05am; Reply: 48
Fat, once good keeper available..... No not Neville Southall of Batchy.
Posted by: LH, February 3, 2009, 10:07am; Reply: 49
Thanks for all of the offers gents keep them coming!
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 3, 2009, 10:17am; Reply: 50
whos managing us or has no appiontment been made
Posted by: LH, February 3, 2009, 10:19am; Reply: 51
Not yet. Sorting a location first. It would be great to get BP or even Cheapside but if not we're looking at a school close to the ground (maybe Havelock?). See how it goes, we might know something today.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 3, 2009, 10:27am; Reply: 52
could we not have a crossbar challenge aswell?
Posted by: LH, February 3, 2009, 8:10pm; Reply: 53
Some good news come through today, we'll tell you all at a later date.

Just need to get a team together. Lincoln have a side set up already so we need to pull our fingers out if we're going to record two high scoring wins over them lot on the 7th of March.
Posted by: LH, February 3, 2009, 9:39pm; Reply: 54
3 charities will benefit from the Lincolnshire Fans Derby (or LFD) as we have named it.

Cancer Research UK will get 50% of the proceeds. We gave them 50% (or was it 33%, I can't remember.) of the Bike to the Bank money as we didn't think anybody on here HADN'T been affected by cancer directly or indirectly. GTST and Lincoln City Supporters Trust will gain 25% each of the money raised.

All three are worthwhile causes I think you will agree.

Just want to clear this up, anybody taking part will not be paying the £75 themselves, it will (hopefully) be donations from people you know or whatever. We aim to raise as much as we can. I raised somewhere around £400 for BTTB and I hardly know anyone!
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 3, 2009, 9:51pm; Reply: 55
Quoted from LH
3 charities will benefit from the Lincolnshire Fans Derby (or LFD) as we have named it.

Cancer Research UK will get 50% of the proceeds. We gave them 50% (or was it 33%, I can't remember.) of the Bike to the Bank money as we didn't think anybody on here HADN'T been affected by cancer directly or indirectly. GTST and Lincoln City Supporters Trust will gain 25% each of the money raised.

All three are worthwhile causes I think you will agree.

Just want to clear this up, anybody taking part will not be paying the £75 themselves, it will (hopefully) be donations from people you know or whatever. We aim to raise as much as we can. I raised somewhere around £400 for BTTB and I hardly know anyone!

thats fantastic news
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 4, 2009, 11:17am; Reply: 56
We have a ref for this match, if there is anyone under 16 who wants to get involved or someone who doesnt fancy playing but wouldnt mind being a linesman for it, please let us know, we have one linesman from lincoln but we need one from the fishy if anyone is up to it....
Posted by: BIGChris, February 4, 2009, 11:39am; Reply: 57
Quoted from blasty
I dont mind being gaffer if no one else fancies it......................been running my Sunday side for 6 years now (Albion Athletic - currently having a relegation battle in Div 5).

Could also supply kit if there is no other source (Black and White Hoops)

Anyway the offer is there...............

Cheers  :)

Should guarantee a heavy defeat eh Blasty?
Posted by: blasty, February 4, 2009, 12:49pm; Reply: 58
Quoted from BIGChris

Should guarantee a heavy defeat eh Blasty?

Yeah I suppose, still being shite never stopped Tony Adams getting a job  8)

Do I know you or are you reading too much into our League position without knowing how hard we have been hit by injuries, work commitments etc etc blah blah blah.

Thats my excuse and Im sticking to it!!!  :P :P
Posted by: LH, February 4, 2009, 12:51pm; Reply: 59
Funny that, that's what Tony Adams' excuse is as well.

Right seriously, can we have some people sign up to play. We've got 5 or 6 already need to make it up to about 20.
Posted by: NewtoN, February 4, 2009, 12:53pm; Reply: 60
thinking about offering my services to play, but will need to hit the gym straight away :P it's been awhile since i last played footy :P lol
Posted by: LH, February 4, 2009, 12:56pm; Reply: 61
It's the taking part that counts and raising the money. Winning is just as important though.
Posted by: barralad, February 4, 2009, 1:12pm; Reply: 62
Quoted from NewtoN
thinking about offering my services to play, but will need to hit the gym straight away :P it's been awhile since i last played footy :P lol

Christ, the games in March 2009 NOT 2010  ;D ;D
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 4, 2009, 1:12pm; Reply: 63
Quoted from LH
It's the taking part that counts and raising the money. Winning is just as important though.

If we are 3 or 4 down at half time, does the team talk take place in the center circle  ??)
Posted by: LH, February 4, 2009, 1:14pm; Reply: 64
If we are 3 - 0 down at half time I wouldn't worry. I'll be playing the second half ;)
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, February 4, 2009, 1:16pm; Reply: 65
I'm happy to play if anyone can help me out getting back to lincoln afterwards.

Also may need reminding that its football i'll be playing not american footbal i'm so easily confused ;D
Posted by: LH, February 4, 2009, 1:25pm; Reply: 66
Well volunteered son of. I'm sure you'll get back down there with someone. Could anybody who does want to play please PM me with you name, email and preferred position(s) (on a football pitch for all you Nicoles regulars!)
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 4, 2009, 1:27pm; Reply: 67
Perhaps we could hire someone from Nicoles to "stiffen up" the back four ?  ;)
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, February 4, 2009, 1:29pm; Reply: 68
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: BIGChris, February 4, 2009, 1:47pm; Reply: 69
Quoted from blasty

Yeah I suppose, still being shite never stopped Tony Adams getting a job  8)

Do I know you or are you reading too much into our League position without knowing how hard we have been hit by injuries, work commitments etc etc blah blah blah.

Thats my excuse and Im sticking to it!!!  :P :P

I've refereed you a couple of times this season!
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 4, 2009, 1:57pm; Reply: 70
Its ok, i have contacts at Niicoles ;D so maybe i could sort something out
Posted by: blasty, February 4, 2009, 2:03pm; Reply: 71
Quoted from BIGChris

I've refereed you a couple of times this season!

Are you John Leeman??  :P :P ;D ;D ;D

You really should ditch those trainers and get some football boots............oh and can you stop going to church before the games, it makes you late all the time!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Mr Parker I take it, I always gave you top marks!!!  8) ;D
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 4, 2009, 2:06pm; Reply: 72
so what positions do people want to play??
Posted by: Internet Mariners, February 4, 2009, 5:45pm; Reply: 73
Evening all,

The Grimsby Town fans team, the Internet Mariners,  would like to offer our support to the proposed fans football match between Grimsby Town and Lincoln City.  We haven't arranged a game this morning in order to allow any of our players to play in the event if they so wish and we will be making a contribution to the money raised.  

We'll contact the event organiser separately to offer any support s/he needs and to offer advice etc as we do this kind of thing on a regular basis. If anyone is interested in playing games of football with rival supported before Grimsby games please see our website (www.clubwebsite.co.uk/internetmariners) for further details and for further information on the internet football association please visit their website (www.internetfootball.org.uk).

Wishing every success to this event
Posted by: gary_elton, February 4, 2009, 5:50pm; Reply: 74
Damn fine post Internet Mariners.... I have no doubt those trying to get this off the
ground will be delighted to accept your offer and good wishes... great stuff !
Posted by: LH, February 4, 2009, 6:39pm; Reply: 75
Thanks a lot Internet Mariners. I was hoping you would take this the right way and not take it as though we were stealing your thunder.

Good luck for the season and thanks again.
Posted by: LH, February 4, 2009, 6:45pm; Reply: 76
What nights are people free for a couple of training sessions in the weeks leading up to the match?
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 4, 2009, 7:06pm; Reply: 77
any really
just need to find more ways to skive college
Posted by: LH, February 4, 2009, 8:21pm; Reply: 78
I'm sorry I keep having to bump this thread up.

We still require players in all positions.* The club will be contacting us in the next few days with regards to the location of the game.

Also, non-posters on The Fishy can now enter as long as they raise £150 in sponsor money. So if your Sunday league team mate thinks he's the next Ryan Bennett or Jean-Louis Akpa Akpro get him to put his name down!

*I know how Stew feels now always asking for players!
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 4, 2009, 8:28pm; Reply: 79
I will get Kirky, how many have we so far?
Posted by: barralad, February 4, 2009, 8:41pm; Reply: 80
Can't Rob "Sticky" this like the BTTB thread?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 4, 2009, 9:01pm; Reply: 81
Were gonna rewrite this thread, with more details tomorrow night, hopefully we can confirm more things, then hopefully that will be the sticky thread.

I do have a huge announcement but im not gonna share it just yet lol
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 4, 2009, 9:09pm; Reply: 82
Quoted from lincolnsmariner
Were gonna rewrite this thread, with more details tomorrow night, hopefully we can confirm more things, then hopefully that will be the sticky thread.

I do have a huge announcement but im not gonna share it just yet lol

Well I did hear that Fowler was back in Town  ;)
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 4, 2009, 9:09pm; Reply: 83
Quoted from Civvy at last
[/b]

Well I did hear that Fowler was back in Town  ;)

I heard he was in Oz.
Posted by: LH, February 4, 2009, 9:11pm; Reply: 84
Lets not bother re writing the thread let's just not refer to N******'s again.
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 4, 2009, 9:12pm; Reply: 85

I heard he was in Oz.

That was a missprint. He was actually in O2 (the phone shop up top town).
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 4, 2009, 9:17pm; Reply: 86
hahaha.

Ive not long had a phone call, someone else offering to ref and find two linesmen.
Posted by: Dan, February 4, 2009, 9:23pm; Reply: 87
Haven't been on here for a week or so, so I missed this thread, but hell, I'll throw my name in :)

Usually, play defence. Seems like a great idea :)
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 4, 2009, 9:58pm; Reply: 88
Ok, as seen as more as been announced on Lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk i can now disclose the news i wanted to share earlier.

We are planning on doing this as a two legged match, the first on March 7th at 9am (9.30am kick off - 30 mins each half) and the second leg (provisonal date) may 19th AT SINCIL BANK.

All players who play in the first leg will not have to raise any more money unless they so wish so, but new players will need to.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 4, 2009, 10:36pm; Reply: 89
Thats beast
Posted by: LH, February 4, 2009, 10:52pm; Reply: 90
Dan can you pm me your name and email address, CB do you?
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 4, 2009, 10:53pm; Reply: 91
What positions are we lacking?
Posted by: 75 (Guest), February 4, 2009, 11:01pm; Reply: 92
Quoted from LH
What nights are people free for a couple of training sessions in the weeks leading up to the match?

I've been in contact with Lincolnmariner and I'm in. I play footy Monday and Tuesdays but I can be available any night really (Haven't got many friends you see). I'm seriously unfit so I'm going to have to hit the gym! I'm a central midfielder by the way. More of a passer that a runner as my legs have gone!
Posted by: Mariner16, February 4, 2009, 11:03pm; Reply: 93
As I put my name down at the start, do I need to PM anyone? I wouldn't mind playing on the right wing.
Posted by: LH, February 4, 2009, 11:05pm; Reply: 94
Just PM me your name and email please, I've got yours somewhere Vicar so you don't need to.
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, February 5, 2009, 9:58am; Reply: 95
I have sent a PM.
Posted by: BAWC, February 5, 2009, 10:18am; Reply: 96
What positions are we lacking?

I really hope you're not as dumb as you seem.

Just follow the instructions, you turd.

Posted by: ska face, February 5, 2009, 10:20am; Reply: 97
Is that you, Olley?

Calling someone a turd? Oh dear. How ironic.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 5, 2009, 11:36am; Reply: 98
Quoted from BAWC

I really hope you're not as dumb as you seem.

Just follow the instructions, you turd.

hang on a second, if you want my cumback to that wipe it off your mums chin yeah. All i asked was where we need players in. . . .pretty reasonable question in my opinion considering we are thin on numbers. and what i got back was a reply from someone i didnt ask the question to, and it was a crap answer
Posted by: BIGChris, February 5, 2009, 3:12pm; Reply: 99
Quoted from blasty

Are you John Leeman??  :P :P ;D ;D ;D

You really should ditch those trainers and get some football boots............oh and can you stop going to church before the games, it makes you late all the time!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Mr Parker I take it, I always gave you top marks!!![b][/b]  8) ;D

Good to see bribery and corruption is still rife even at Division 5 of the Grimsby Sunday League!!
Posted by: blasty, February 5, 2009, 3:24pm; Reply: 100
Quoted from BIGChris

Good to see bribery and corruption is still rife even at Division 5 of the Grimsby Sunday League!!

I dont remember you paying me to give you good marks..................................

I'm just good like that and Im sure you commented about how fantastically sporting Albions Boss was...........  ;)
Posted by: LH, February 5, 2009, 3:24pm; Reply: 101
Bad news people. Town are unable to give us a pitch that day. All is not lost though, we are in discussions with the council regarding the loan of a pitch near to Blundell Park. We're looking at Havelock School or maybe the Chartdale Club as possible replacements.

Please don't let the pitch put you off playing. It's not about where we play - it's about raising money for the charities and making sure we beat Lincoln twice in one day.

Still plenty of places left in the squad so don't stop applying.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 5, 2009, 4:45pm; Reply: 102
are we doing anything that evening?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 5, 2009, 4:59pm; Reply: 103
The Match WILL kick off at 9.30am on March 7th if the match stays at 12pm as it looks Likes its going to be.

Secondly i have appointed the fishy manager a short time ago, Shamefully sky sports news wont give us a live news conference to announce it so please give it up for BigChris.
Posted by: barralad, February 5, 2009, 5:22pm; Reply: 104
The Match WILL kick off at 9.30am on March 7th if the match stays at 12pm as it looks Likes its going to be.

Secondly i have appointed the fishy manager a short time ago, Shamefully sky sports news wont give us a live news conference to announce it so please give it up for BigChris.

The BigChris out thread starts here :)
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 5, 2009, 5:25pm; Reply: 105
Blame his number two Blasty. Sack Him, its all his fault.
Posted by: blasty, February 5, 2009, 5:31pm; Reply: 106
Blame his number two Blasty. Sack Him, its all his fault.

With his tonnes of managerial experience I am confident Big Chris will be a rip roaring success, he has my full backing to bring back the good times to Grimsby.

And if he fails..................well he can go back to refereeing!!!  ;) ;D ;D
Posted by: theicenian, February 5, 2009, 5:47pm; Reply: 107
What have you picked Big Chris for,he's too old,lost touch with modern day football.All his contacts will be out of date,he'll never get players to come to this part of the world to play

We shall be playing bloody tippy tappy football with old hoofers who nobody wants.

Boooooo,sack the Board,why don't they get their wallets out and get us -------------------------------------- eerrrrrr,well Gary Elton or someone who knows about football?

;D ;D ;D.
Posted by: PontoonParker, February 5, 2009, 5:49pm; Reply: 108
He's Still Got Plenty Left.
He's Still Running My Sunday Side,
He's Got More Experience Than Sir Alex Himself.

He May Get All His Tactical Genius From His Son.
But BigChris Can Still Pull The Strings From The Touchline!
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, February 5, 2009, 5:50pm; Reply: 109
Well he's manged to sign me but part of my contract is that i will only play and train if i can sort out travel. However being a striker i gaurentee no goals (i mean 20 a season) remind you of anyone  ;)
Posted by: theicenian, February 5, 2009, 5:57pm; Reply: 110
We'll he's manged to sign me but part of my contract is that i will only play and train if i can sort out travel. However being a striker i gaurentee no goals (i mean 20 a season) remind you of anyone  ;)

I assume you have a serious back problem. :)

Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 5, 2009, 5:58pm; Reply: 111
Can everyone who has signed up please pm me your full name, email address, contact number and suited poisition (preferred postion not guaranteed)
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 5, 2009, 5:58pm; Reply: 112
Quoted from theicenian

I assume you have a serious back problem. :)

I take it as your our left back icey?
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, February 5, 2009, 6:04pm; Reply: 113
Boo.....Sort it BigChris sort it.
Posted by: theicenian, February 5, 2009, 6:14pm; Reply: 114

I take it as your our left back icey?

Only if we play it American style,30 seconds play then a five minute ciggy break.

Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 5, 2009, 6:40pm; Reply: 115
Can everyone who has signed up please pm me your full name, email address, contact number and suited poisition (preferred postion not guaranteed)

i have already spoke to Leon, do you still want them from me
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 5, 2009, 6:43pm; Reply: 116
please.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 5, 2009, 6:44pm; Reply: 117
Facebook group set up
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 5, 2009, 6:45pm; Reply: 118
and the link for which i forgot to post:
http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/group.php?gid=47416449735
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 5, 2009, 6:45pm; Reply: 119
done it
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 5, 2009, 6:58pm; Reply: 120
Thanks Mark
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 5, 2009, 7:25pm; Reply: 121
No problem
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 5, 2009, 8:20pm; Reply: 122
do we have to refer to bigchris as gaffer
Posted by: barralad, February 5, 2009, 8:22pm; Reply: 123
Facebook group set up

How about an explanation (in words of ONE syllable please!) of how to get on this here facebook caper.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 5, 2009, 8:24pm; Reply: 124
how do i find the facebook roup?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 5, 2009, 8:36pm; Reply: 125
http://www.new.facebook.com/home.php?ref=logo#/group.php?gid=47416449735
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 5, 2009, 8:38pm; Reply: 126
Quoted from barralad

How about an explanation (in words of ONE syllable please!) of how to get on this here facebook caper.

http://www.new.facebook.com join up to facebook then press the link above and join the group.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 5, 2009, 10:00pm; Reply: 127
are we putting 2 teams out?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 5, 2009, 10:08pm; Reply: 128
are we putting 2 teams out?

Possibly it depends on the interest from LCFC fans. We certainly will have enough players, but just like bttb we did outnumber them 4-1. Can i put that? I dont want the police to read it and think were organising a mass riot or anything....
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 5, 2009, 10:09pm; Reply: 129
lmao, also are we training in lincoln??
Posted by: LH, February 5, 2009, 10:11pm; Reply: 130
Have to say I'm not overly impressed with the appointment. But I will give him time to prove himself.
Posted by: LH, February 5, 2009, 10:29pm; Reply: 131
We'll be having some training in Grimsby Wrawbs. I have heard the BIGChris' style is old skool so there'll be a lot of running and dressing up as Mel B though.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 5, 2009, 10:29pm; Reply: 132
lmao, also are we training in lincoln??

Im gonna do a training session (spying session) on lincoln then do one with the fishy lot, its your choice, but obviously if people want to play for Fishy it would make Chris' job a hellova lot easier if he could see what he as got him self signed up for.
Posted by: Brazilnut, February 5, 2009, 10:38pm; Reply: 133
i have tried to be adult about this .....thinking i am bound to be asked to be  no2 or pysiho...even prepared  the shy yet supprised respons"what me, i M HONOURED"..yet nothing...no calls ....i am gutted
i badgered everyone for sponsorship  for bike ride  so cant ask again so soon so no chance of raising e4nough to buy a place on the team cant even raise enough for a 10 min sub spot
so was relieing on  an approach to help as  a tracksuirted bencher

i reckon you should go for sidney park as the pitch...people can park up for the game and then walk to the match
Posted by: LH, February 5, 2009, 10:42pm; Reply: 134
Yeah, we're looking at local pitches. I really want to play it at King George if we can.

Just to clear up again - it's a sponsored match. I think it's pretty poorly worded in the first post but it is a sponsored match and all proceeds go to Cancer Research UK, GTST and LCST.
Posted by: barralad, February 5, 2009, 10:44pm; Reply: 135
WELL you'll be relieved to know my football days ended even before my cycling days. Angina and midfield do not sit comfortably together. However I'm more than willing to sponsor a few people partly or one person fully. Form an orderly queue please.

The "winner" will be the one(s) with the best "hard luck" story (ies).
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 5, 2009, 10:45pm; Reply: 136
Brazil how would you like the fantastic role as waterboy/kitman/physio/ groundsman?
Posted by: Brazilnut, February 5, 2009, 10:56pm; Reply: 137
water boy.....water boy ....i can do water boy,,,,,,,,oh i forgot.........."what me.... i would be honoured".....
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 5, 2009, 10:58pm; Reply: 138
Thanks brazil.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 5, 2009, 11:04pm; Reply: 139
i will playfor which ever needs me, i really cant wait for this. are you making sponser forms
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, February 5, 2009, 11:35pm; Reply: 140
Going to be fun, probably make a complete fool of myself but should still be fun
Posted by: theicenian, February 6, 2009, 12:22am; Reply: 141
Quoted from Brazilnut
water boy.....water boy ....i can do water boy,,,,,,,,oh i forgot.........."what me.... i would be honoured".....

Polish your bucket ,Brazil, non of this plastic nonsense,a big shiney metal one please.And very large sponge (of the magic ilk) you know the one,the sort that cures a broken leg before you get to the casualty.Has a tendancy to shrivel things faster than a certain pink emporium. ;)

Posted by: BIGChris, February 6, 2009, 9:09am; Reply: 142
Quoted from Brazilnut

I think you should have the 'Dave Moore' role along with compulsory capped sleeve teamshirt and shorts no matter how much snow we have on 7th March!

Anyone gets injured you run on, threaten them with a week listening to MaccaBilk and then there will be no need for the cold sponge!
Posted by: barralad, February 6, 2009, 9:41am; Reply: 143
Quoted from BIGChris

I think you should have the 'Dave Moore' role along with compulsory capped sleeve teamshirt and shorts no matter how much snow we have on 7th March!

Anyone gets injured you run on, threaten them with a week listening to MaccaBilk and then there will be no need for the cold sponge!

I'm resigned to being "The Crowd Scene" :-/
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 6, 2009, 2:50pm; Reply: 144
i will playfor which ever needs me, i really cant wait for this. are you making sponser forms

They are done, minus one logo which were just waiting to get approved for copyright reasons then as i know it Rob will host them so people can print them off alternatively ill bring some to the match tomorrow for anyone wanting one.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 6, 2009, 2:55pm; Reply: 145
so i can print one off here yes
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 6, 2009, 3:08pm; Reply: 146
Hopefully yes.
Posted by: pseudonym, February 6, 2009, 4:58pm; Reply: 147
I might even visit. 2 minutes walk to King George Stadium from my pad
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 6, 2009, 5:10pm; Reply: 148
You can train with us terry, you certainly need it, espically with eating the imp out most saturdays!
Posted by: pseudonym, February 6, 2009, 5:11pm; Reply: 149
You can train with us terry, you certainly need it, espically with eating the imp out most saturdays!
Have the burger bar ready at the stadium

Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 6, 2009, 5:23pm; Reply: 150
Quoted from pseudonym
Have the burger bar ready at the stadium

For the match - actual one we do have a burger van coming....
Posted by: lukeo, February 6, 2009, 5:37pm; Reply: 151
havent read any of the posts here but if you need a striker for the match give me a PM, f u c k it  :)
Posted by: LH, February 6, 2009, 5:44pm; Reply: 152
Luke and Leon frontline.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 6, 2009, 5:54pm; Reply: 153
we now have about 16 people so until lincoln confirm if they are having two teams or not, were not gonna take on any new players just yet.
Posted by: lukeo, February 6, 2009, 6:55pm; Reply: 154
fair enough ... like i said i will play if you are needing a striker to rape the imps defence  :)
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 6, 2009, 6:59pm; Reply: 155
Im not the one picking the team, its up to the gaffa and assist gaffa as to who plays where....

Bribes taken in forms of cheques and cash only - cheques can be made payable to BIGChris LTD
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 6, 2009, 7:43pm; Reply: 156
Pick Wrawby and we may get a physio from Nicole's.  ;)
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 6, 2009, 8:12pm; Reply: 157
Cheers for that, one problem, it will only be me getting the rub downs. i go down far too easily
Posted by: Citymariner, February 6, 2009, 8:13pm; Reply: 158
Well, i'd be no good on the pitch - never did get back after a knee injury.

however i can offer my services as a photographer - team shots, action shots, cheerleader shots in the shower...
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 6, 2009, 8:15pm; Reply: 159
.......shots with the physio ;)
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 6, 2009, 8:23pm; Reply: 160
Quoted from Citymariner
Well, i'd be no good on the pitch - never did get back after a knee injury.

however i can offer my services as a photographer - team shots, action shots, cheerleader shots in the shower...

Sorry to tell you this Josh but we signed you up for this at the start just didnt officially announce it, knowing that your knee was fooked, i knew you would want to get involved some how i.e why i rung you the other night lol
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 6, 2009, 8:29pm; Reply: 161
who do cheques need paying to?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 6, 2009, 8:43pm; Reply: 162
actual cheques or the bribe cheques?
Posted by: Civvy at last, February 6, 2009, 9:48pm; Reply: 163
who do cheques need paying to?

No need to wtire a cheque for the physio. Just put it on your tab  ;)
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 6, 2009, 10:06pm; Reply: 164
actual cheques
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 6, 2009, 10:12pm; Reply: 165
Fishy charities
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 6, 2009, 10:20pm; Reply: 166
al just leave it blank
Posted by: barralad, February 6, 2009, 10:26pm; Reply: 167
al just leave it blank

There's your money for those away trips in March Jon ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 6, 2009, 10:27pm; Reply: 168
cheeky
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 6, 2009, 10:41pm; Reply: 169
Quoted from barralad

There's your money for those away trips in March Jon ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

thats wat the credit cards are for gonna be expensive two months :o :o :o
Posted by: grimsby pete, February 6, 2009, 10:52pm; Reply: 170
we now have about 16 people so until lincoln confirm if they are having two teams or not, were not gonna take on any new players just yet.

Just when I was going to make another come back, never mind ! :(
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 6, 2009, 11:49pm; Reply: 171
Quoted from grimsby pete

Just when I was going to make another come back, never mind ! :(

you should make the trip up pete, after this game and after the one in the summer if needed i shall retire just like i said i would last year.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), February 6, 2009, 11:54pm; Reply: 172
Quoted from lukeo
fair enough ... like i said i will play if you are needing a striker to rape the imps defence  :)

Isn't Terrell a centre back?
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 7, 2009, 12:23am; Reply: 173
IS THERE A LOCATION YET, OR ARE WE JUST PLAYING IN THE STREET
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 7, 2009, 12:24am; Reply: 174
COME ON SOMEONE MUST HAVE SOMEONE IDEA
Posted by: theicenian, February 7, 2009, 12:30am; Reply: 175
COME ON SOMEONE MUST HAVE SOMEONE IDEA

Bring your coat that will make one goalpost and Imperial av. is a bit bumpy so its Tiverton st among the dogsh1t

Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 7, 2009, 12:31am; Reply: 176
fair play, at least someone knows ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 7, 2009, 8:33am; Reply: 177
IS THERE A LOCATION YET, OR ARE WE JUST PLAYING IN THE STREET

Ok wrawby give us chance, we have had an offer on  pitch were also in talks with regards of borrowing King George, it takes a little longer than a week to organise things but at least try and wait before posts like above, BttB took lots of time to organise but through hard work it was a complete success.
Posted by: Citymariner, February 7, 2009, 10:37am; Reply: 178

Sorry to tell you this Josh but we signed you up for this at the start just didnt officially announce it, knowing that your knee was fooked, i knew you would want to get involved some how i.e why i rung you the other night lol

Ahh that'd be why you rang, sorry Jon been a little busy to ring back (Ofsted round the corner...)

I don't mind getting to some training sessions/ PR meets etc. aslong as i'm given enough notice. As always Jon the car is there if you need lifts etc.

Was going to the match today but have come down with cold and can't afford for it to get worse - otherwise you would have had 1st class travel via the tarmac.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 7, 2009, 12:06pm; Reply: 179

Ok wrawby give us chance, we have had an offer on  pitch were also in talks with regards of borrowing King George, it takes a little longer than a week to organise things but at least try and wait before posts like above, BttB took lots of time to organise but through hard work it was a complete success.

i do appollogise, i was in caps lock anyway
Posted by: Citymariner, February 7, 2009, 12:19pm; Reply: 180
jeez thinking back to the work for BTTB.

sat in cafe's early in the morning waiting for meetings in the pissing rain... questionable bacon butties near the GET offices - good times!
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 7, 2009, 8:10pm; Reply: 181
Quoted from Citymariner
jeez thinking back to the work for BTTB.

sat in cafe's early in the morning waiting for meetings in the pissing rain... questionable bacon butties near the GET offices - good times!

How many meetings did we have that day? 4 or 5? that was a day to forget but a great day either way.

I was speaking to dunny today, he said you had an episode of the girl flu.

With regards to Pr wait for news early next week for events happening in grimsby and Lincoln.

As for training sessions - ill pm you regarding those think they will be on a Monday.

Now for everyone else,

Im gonna confirm monday night trainings, as this is the overall favoured. If there is people who cant make it or people who want extra sessions the internet mariners who are fully backing this event in more ways than one are more than happy for people to train with them on a wednesday night.

Chris i shall reply to your pm very shortly.
Posted by: Citymariner, February 7, 2009, 8:20pm; Reply: 182

How many meetings did we have that day? 4 or 5? that was a day to forget but a great day either way.

I was speaking to dunny today, he said you had an episode of the girl flu.

With regards to Pr wait for news early next week for events happening in grimsby and Lincoln.

As for training sessions - ill pm you regarding those think they will be on a Monday.

Now for everyone else,

Im gonna confirm monday night trainings, as this is the overall favoured. If there is people who cant make it or people who want extra sessions the internet mariners who are fully backing this event in more ways than one are more than happy for people to train with them on a wednesday night.

Chris i shall reply to your pm very shortly.

yeah was a mad day that day.

not girl flu, just cough and cold. 4 days contact, 1 staff training before half term and then get some time to recoop.

Dunny was stuck in bed when he had it if i remember correctly!
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 7, 2009, 8:22pm; Reply: 183
Quoted from Citymariner

yeah was a mad day that day.

not girl flu, just cough and cold. 4 days contact, 1 staff training before half term and then get some time to recoop.

Dunny was stuck in bed when he had it if i remember correctly!

He did actually say in a sarcastic voice man flu again but then he said you didnt have it but you were just under the flu, plus he as a ticket for you for next week ( i think)
Posted by: Citymariner, February 7, 2009, 8:30pm; Reply: 184
yeah Mick can't make it so i'm getting his ticket for the fiver.

If i knew you had seen him i would have asked you to ask him to get me some meat from the butchers - he gets a good price (better than in lincoln)
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 7, 2009, 8:31pm; Reply: 185
Quoted from Citymariner
yeah Mick can't make it so i'm getting his ticket for the fiver.

If i knew you had seen him i would have asked you to ask him to get me some meat from the butchers - he gets a good price (better than in lincoln)

I see him every match always at half time as well ;D ;D ;D Shame the half time cig breaks will be stopping now...
Posted by: Citymariner, February 7, 2009, 8:36pm; Reply: 186
why are they not opeing the gate anymore?

on second thought, are you quiting?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 7, 2009, 8:42pm; Reply: 187
Quoted from Citymariner
why are they not opeing the gate anymore?

on second thought, are you quiting?

Im quitting HOPEFULLY!
Posted by: Citymariner, February 7, 2009, 9:03pm; Reply: 188
good luck mate!
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 7, 2009, 10:45pm; Reply: 189
i still want to play but cant make either dates but rest assure i am fit enough and good enough
Posted by: lukeo, February 8, 2009, 1:33pm; Reply: 190
havent read any of the thread but spoke to you yesterday jon ... Any way of a list of whos wanting to play? Also when do you want the rest of our details ... email. where we play etc
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 8, 2009, 6:31pm; Reply: 191
Ill put a list up tomoro night, cant do it tonight broke cable on pc, laptop at work. Im not bothered on positions, thats what the training sessions are for so everyone can tell the manager where they want to play etc etc
Posted by: LH, February 8, 2009, 6:33pm; Reply: 192
I have a list complete with positions. Don't think it's a definitive list though. Any news on the venue?

Can this thread be stickied please Rob?
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 8, 2009, 8:02pm; Reply: 193
any news on sponsership forms
Posted by: LH, February 8, 2009, 8:07pm; Reply: 194
They are ready, but I don't think we can start them until everything is ready.
Posted by: barralad, February 8, 2009, 8:11pm; Reply: 195
Quoted from LH
They are ready, but I don't think we can start them until everything is ready.

Jon was giving them out in the Imp before the game yesterday
Posted by: PontoonParker, February 8, 2009, 8:22pm; Reply: 196
Quoted from LH
I have a list complete with positions. Don't think it's a definitive list though. Any news on the venue?

The manager asks if you can PM them to him please Leon?
Posted by: LH, February 8, 2009, 8:34pm; Reply: 197
It's on paper at the minute, I'll send it in a bit.

It doesn't have many real names on it, but it shows the position distribution we have in the squad (which is surprisingly balanced and only has 3 or 4 strikers on it!)
Posted by: LH, February 8, 2009, 8:54pm; Reply: 198
Yeah, I just looked at my list and it's rubbish. Would be easier to get Jon to send it.

It is a very balanced squad though, bit thin at the back but there are a couple of people who can play in different positions. I'll text Jon and get him to send it.
Posted by: pseudonym, February 8, 2009, 8:56pm; Reply: 199
Quoted from LH
Yeah, I just looked at my list and it's rubbish. Would be easier to get Jon to send it.

It is a very balanced squad though, bit thin at the back but there are a couple of people who can play in different positions. I'll text Jon and get him to send it.
Play Newton in goal. In a year or two he will be as big as Big Mick.

Posted by: LH, February 8, 2009, 9:04pm; Reply: 200
Also, the majority of the team play 11-a-side regularly (as you asked the other day gaffer). There is also a few fringe players (alright then, me).

I'm sure Jon will tell us that we'll be playing a similar standard Lincoln team. I noticed they had a 52 year old sign up to play in goal.

We'll see how we are at training but from the players I know there is some good players in there. Lukeo has a good goal to game ratio (11 in 10, according to their site) for the Internet Mariners and Gilly is top scorer for Newtons.
Posted by: barralad, February 8, 2009, 10:05pm; Reply: 201
Quoted from pseudonym

You leave my investment alone. The Rocky Balboa of the Fishy team!!
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 8, 2009, 10:11pm; Reply: 202
can someone email me sponser form because i really need to start asking friends and stuff to throw 5ers at me. also was up at the park, im still beast
Posted by: LH, February 8, 2009, 10:15pm; Reply: 203
I would do, but I'm on the wrong computer. You start taking stuff now and I'll send you it tomorrow.
Posted by: pseudonym, February 8, 2009, 10:15pm; Reply: 204
Quoted from barralad

You leave my investment alone. The Rocky Balboa of the Fishy team!!
Thought he was more of a CLUBBER

Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 8, 2009, 10:16pm; Reply: 205
cheers
Posted by: NewtoN, February 9, 2009, 7:52am; Reply: 206
Quoted from pseudonym

my diet has started well terry :) i'll be alright be the time the game comes round, hopefully lol
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 9, 2009, 8:26am; Reply: 207
surely you should be bulking up in order to fill the goal ;)
Posted by: NewtoN, February 9, 2009, 8:29am; Reply: 208
surely you should be bulking up in order to fill the goal ;)

i'm not a keeper just to clear that up lol
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 9, 2009, 8:42am; Reply: 209
aaah fair play
Posted by: lukeo, February 9, 2009, 9:19am; Reply: 210
Quoted from LH
Lukeo has a good goal to game ratio (11 in 10, according to their site) for the Internet Mariners and Gilly is top scorer for Newtons.

All of them was tap ins though mate  ;) haha

Posted by: NewtoN, February 9, 2009, 9:21am; Reply: 211
Quoted from lukeo

All of them was tap ins though mate  ;) haha

lets hope you and gilly have your shooting boots on when we play :P
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, February 9, 2009, 9:26am; Reply: 212
I can clear up that in fact ALL of Lukeos goals were deflections and tap ins.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 9, 2009, 9:46am; Reply: 213
a goal is a goal, it dont matter how its scored
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, February 9, 2009, 9:54am; Reply: 214
If Lukeo would have scored all his chances this season, he'd be on more goals than Fowler has scored ever ;)
Posted by: BIGChris, February 9, 2009, 10:34am; Reply: 215
Quoted from Lumpsleftbreast
If Lukeo would have scored all his chances this season, he'd be on more goals than Fowler has scored ever ;)

You have to get in the positions to miss them though!

With the ability we will have in the side he will get enough chances to take home a match ball or two!
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, February 9, 2009, 10:37am; Reply: 216
Lol you do Big C but he knows I'm messing  :P
Posted by: lukeo, February 9, 2009, 11:04am; Reply: 217
Lumpsleftbreast who are you?  :(

Actually i think 7 of them where tap ins to be honest  ;D
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, February 9, 2009, 11:07am; Reply: 218
Ok mate 10 were tap ins  :K)
Posted by: lukeo, February 9, 2009, 11:12am; Reply: 219
intercourse you  ;D
Posted by: lukeo, February 9, 2009, 11:13am; Reply: 220
Am i still in 10 top scorers in the IFA league or whatever it's called? Havent played for ages  :-/
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, February 9, 2009, 11:14am; Reply: 221
Weather has been a sodomist so no one has played in a while not just the Internet Mariners.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 9, 2009, 2:07pm; Reply: 222
First time ive been on since saturday, moved pc and broke screen so couldnt get on, ill pm you updated list in a bit chris, were just putting an article together for echo (no macca not me, someone from lincoln im just pre-writting it) The sponsorship forms will be available to download shortly, and also ill put out a general email to everyone with the sponsorship forms attached.

The venue were trying to get is King George Stadium but the youth development team have it on saturdays so Ian Flemming CEO GTFC as passed on the details of the event in hope for YDT to allow us to have it, hopefully will know by Wednesday, The Internet Mariners have also helped in offering Hereford pitches which is our reserve just incase we cant get KG.

As for Lukeo scoring, they no longer have a 52 year old keeper but a ex imp trialist whos now 21 floating about at lower league levels (from my sorce within their team) so Who ever is up front you will need to score ya chances if we are to win this, which is the aim.

Also heard news on Lincolns new manager which will be finalised in a few days hopefully - thats a wait and see if they can pull it off though.
Posted by: LH, February 9, 2009, 2:13pm; Reply: 223
Lukeo will tell you that any chances I get are converted. ;)

It's all starting to come together nicely, do we have a meeting planned yet?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 9, 2009, 2:44pm; Reply: 224
Meeting for? We dont need a meeting for this, not like the bike ride, theres no safety precautions etc to go through as long as people turn up to the training sessions and the friendly everything will be discussed (what/if) there
Posted by: LH, February 9, 2009, 2:48pm; Reply: 225
Yeah I suppose thinking about there isn't one needed.
Posted by: lukeo, February 9, 2009, 3:07pm; Reply: 226
training is with us on a wednesday isnt it?
Posted by: LH, February 9, 2009, 3:09pm; Reply: 227
There's that and from next Monday 8-9 at King George astro.
Posted by: lukeo, February 9, 2009, 3:21pm; Reply: 228
I will be at the Wednesday 1 but wont make it to the Monday  :-/
Posted by: blasty, February 9, 2009, 3:24pm; Reply: 229
Now I cant speak for my boss Big Chris here but it would be more useful that everybody made the effort to make the Monday Night training as we will need to see what players we have and their abilities together and it will be difficult to see amongst the T'internet Mariners training sessions.

Plus it would be useful for all you guys playing to get to know each other a little ahead of the games.

Do we have many people not able to make the Monday night sessions??

Cheers
Blasty (Big Chris's female dog)  8)
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, February 9, 2009, 3:32pm; Reply: 230
I will down at both trainings.

Are we charging subs at the King George training?

Blasty, hows you Sunday team getting on these days?
Posted by: blasty, February 9, 2009, 3:42pm; Reply: 231
Its a long story as to why but we are doing shite at the moment. 2nd bottom in Division 5.

However, a cracking bunch of lads with a good atmosphere around the place still, so hopefully we finish this season as well as we can and come back next season better for the experience this year!!  8)
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, February 9, 2009, 3:44pm; Reply: 232
Ah yeh seen your posts on the Forum about injurys etc  :)

The only way is up mate and 5 has some decent teams in it this year.
Posted by: blasty, February 9, 2009, 3:48pm; Reply: 233
You're not wrong and I really fancied we would compete with them this season but not to be.........

Be good for me to learn a few tips from Big Chris in this two legged affair, see where I'm going wrong!!  :P 8)
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 9, 2009, 4:00pm; Reply: 234
With regards to the venue, it will not be King George on of the YT is playing Boston on the day, so we cant use it.

With Regards to training i dont think subs will be needed unless King George charge use, which i hope they wont.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 9, 2009, 4:14pm; Reply: 235
Training sessions start next Monday 13th at 7pm on king george astro turf.

They are charging us, it will be £27 per hour per night, ive booked it for three weeks so every monday at the same time.

We do need to know, how many will be turning up as well im gonna try and sort the council to sponsor us so we dont have to pay the fees, but if we do, we will have to divide it out to each player, sorry to have to do it, but seems council arent very charitable at the moment (maybe if they didnt use icelandic banks they would of been)
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, February 9, 2009, 4:16pm; Reply: 236
7pm not 8pm?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 9, 2009, 4:20pm; Reply: 237
It is 7pm-8pm every monday.
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, February 9, 2009, 4:21pm; Reply: 238
Thats better for me :)

Bring your shinnys mate  8)
Posted by: BIGChris, February 9, 2009, 4:27pm; Reply: 239
Training sessions start next Monday 13th at 7pm on king george astro turf.

They are charging us, it will be £27 per hour per night, ive booked it for three weeks so every monday at the same time.

We do need to know, how many will be turning up as well im gonna try and sort the council to sponsor us so we dont have to pay the fees, but if we do, we will have to divide it out to each player, sorry to have to do it, but seems council arent very charitable at the moment (maybe if they didnt use icelandic banks they would of been)

For the first session it would be helpful if everyone could be there 10minutes before the start so we can have a chat about things before we get going.

Jon when you send me the list of who's who can you include name and usernames if possible?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 9, 2009, 4:28pm; Reply: 240
ill send it to your email i have from bttb?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 9, 2009, 4:33pm; Reply: 241
Sent.
Posted by: lukeo, February 9, 2009, 5:02pm; Reply: 242
to be honest £27 is way to much ... You can get better for nearly half the price!

Get yourself down this Wednesday guys  8)
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, February 9, 2009, 7:00pm; Reply: 243
Any Lincoln Mariners taking part in the training i can get a lift off happy to pay towards petrol and that sort of thing
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 9, 2009, 7:13pm; Reply: 244
Email sent out to everyone i have on my list, please pm me if you didnt get one.
Posted by: barralad, February 9, 2009, 7:27pm; Reply: 245
Quoted from NewtoN

my diet has started well terry :) i'll be alright be the time the game comes round, hopefully lol

I don't think you should be talking to the hoi polloi. You're a professional now. I'll issue periodic press releases on your condition.
Posted by: gary_elton, February 9, 2009, 7:53pm; Reply: 246
And will these reports vary depending on your condition barra ?  ;)
Posted by: barralad, February 9, 2009, 8:17pm; Reply: 247
Quoted from gary_elton
And will these reports vary depending on your condition barra ?  ;)

What DO you mean?? I'm branching out into the world of agents. Now if you're looking for a dynamic, go-ahead agent to spread the Elton word.......

I've seen something in young Newton....he could be the next Nathan Jarman (currently he resembles him before the diet!) ;)
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 9, 2009, 10:29pm; Reply: 248
Errrrrm not going to be able to make it on Mondays but will make the effort though, i am thinking similar to what i put into practice for the D and R game
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, February 10, 2009, 8:03pm; Reply: 249
To the Lincoln mariners, coming up for it from Grantham so shojld be able to pick you up if required. Hold on to your hat's though cos it'll be a swift drive.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, February 13, 2009, 12:54pm; Reply: 250
Is that just the game or the training sessions as well?

Also i wont be able to make it to the first session on monday as i'm going home for my brothers 18th
Posted by: 75 (Guest), February 14, 2009, 12:05am; Reply: 251
I'm struggling with a groin strain (Went to Nicoles with Wrawby) but I hope to make it. I'll get there early and stretch like buggery. It's only my left peg anyway which is worse than useless.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 14, 2009, 2:05pm; Reply: 252
;
Quoted from 75
I'm struggling with a groin strain (Went to Nicoles with Wrawby) but I hope to make it. I'll get there early and stretch like buggery. It's only my left peg anyway which is worse than useless.

;) i will be there on monday, my doctor has declared me fit bu my mates still think i should lose a few pounds. Has a captain been named yet?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 14, 2009, 5:56pm; Reply: 253
provisional captain for time being is Darren Todd internet Mariners captain, if you want to challenge for it, impress the gaffa, over the next few weeks!
Posted by: ska face, February 14, 2009, 10:04pm; Reply: 254
I challenge that. He is excrement.

x
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 15, 2009, 11:01am; Reply: 255
Quoted from ska face
I challenge that. He is excrement.

x

Your not playing so you cant challenge ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 15, 2009, 1:04pm; Reply: 256
well i cant make it to this mondays but will be there for the other 2, im just thinking age isnt exactly on my side but i do play by example and vocal so i do aim to impress
Posted by: Brazilnut, February 15, 2009, 2:05pm; Reply: 257
it is with deep regret due to work commitments and unable to get morning off i resign my position as waterboy....i wish you all well and hope you can fill the tiny void i leave
Posted by: barralad, February 15, 2009, 7:44pm; Reply: 258
Quoted from Brazilnut
it is with deep regret due to work commitments and unable to get morning off i resign my position as waterboy....i wish you all well and hope you can fill the tiny void i leave

Me me me!!!! ;D (As long as I don't have to run on!)
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 15, 2009, 9:22pm; Reply: 259
its yours barra, but you would have to turn up slightly early to make sure the water is at right temperature.
Posted by: theicenian, February 15, 2009, 9:33pm; Reply: 260
its yours barra, but you would have to turn up slightly early to make sure the water is at right temperature.

Quite a handicap Barra,an alloy bucket with two gallons of ice cold water and a large absorbant sponge.Still it means you'll never catch the masseuse who I understand is to be provided by the team sponser the pink emporiam on Cleethorpes road.

Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 15, 2009, 9:44pm; Reply: 261
shes good, do we have an unofficial team owner like on mean machine
Posted by: Green27, February 18, 2009, 7:21pm; Reply: 262
Jon I can't for the life of me understand whats up with msn when you get in have a look at this if you want any changes made I'll do em when I get back from my hockey match and I'll bring it to yours on a megastick.

Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 18, 2009, 8:47pm; Reply: 263
no thats fantastic cheers alex, look out for it in echo in next few days.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 19, 2009, 7:35pm; Reply: 264
http://www.gtst.net statement from trust on event.

Thanks Dave.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 21, 2009, 11:39am; Reply: 265
All players will need to complete a registration/medical form (also management) these will be available on monday.

On Monday we hope that all players are available for training, we may be re-opening selection for defenders as the gaffa thinks we may be abit short but we will assess this more on Monday, it is vital all players turn up- please.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 21, 2009, 12:35pm; Reply: 266
do we have to get doctors to sign it and everything??
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 21, 2009, 12:53pm; Reply: 267
No just yourselfs. And parents if under 16
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 21, 2009, 1:08pm; Reply: 268
Fair play. Legal matter i presume?
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, February 21, 2009, 1:24pm; Reply: 269
For monday are there any lincoln mariners who can drive me to and from the training? i'm more than happy to pay my way with petrol money
Posted by: Citymariner, February 21, 2009, 1:58pm; Reply: 270
All players will need to complete a registration/medical form (also management) these will be available on monday.

On Monday we hope that all players are available for training, we may be re-opening selection for defenders as the gaffa thinks we may be abit short but we will assess this more on Monday, it is vital all players turn up- please.

Does the registration/ medical include me Jon as photographer?
Posted by: LH, February 21, 2009, 4:09pm; Reply: 271
Have we been in the paper yet? Loads of people seem to have heard about the match anyway. Know a fair few people will be coming down to watch it.

I was under the impression that we had a good number of defenders. I had 6 on my list.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 21, 2009, 5:28pm; Reply: 272
Quoted from Citymariner

Does the registration/ medical include me Jon as photographer?

Erm, yes as you will be under our public liability insurance.

Leon - its a request from the gaffa.

Wrawby - just for liability insurance

Sonofmadely - im getting train but if you manage to get lift, let me know im also more than happy to share costs.

Been to a lincoln kick about today, with 6 of their players - was 2 strikers, mid two defenders and their keeper-
Keeper - not afraid to go for ball, i went in for a challenge studs showing, was me who backed out.
Defender -cb- About 30 - well built will give our strikers a problem
Defender - rb- small and weak, left midfielder shouldnt have to much trouble
Midfielder- Chopper- Weak not afraid to shoot, got good curl on him
Strikers - one is just a poacher - weak wont do much but can certainly curl a shot in - other is just really good.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, February 21, 2009, 5:45pm; Reply: 273

Sonofmadely - im getting train but if you manage to get lift, let me know im also more than happy to share costs.

Any chance of joining you on the train lincolnmariner as i have no idea where i'm going
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 21, 2009, 5:47pm; Reply: 274
Yup no probs will b on the 5.15pm. 9.30pm one back. (just look out for the town top.)
Posted by: LH, February 21, 2009, 5:48pm; Reply: 275
If you need a lift from the station I can do that for you if you like lads.

To be honest I think we have some good players in our side and we should have no fear about the opposition.

PS - I'm not arguing with the gaffer honest! Just going to go buy my shinnies now.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 21, 2009, 5:49pm; Reply: 276
We dont need shinnies for training either do we?
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 21, 2009, 5:50pm; Reply: 277
what time is your train getting to the station?
Posted by: BIGChris, February 21, 2009, 7:13pm; Reply: 278
We dont need shinnies for training either do we?

We are playing games for training and you can get injured just as easily in training as you can in a match!

The answer to your question is YES
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 21, 2009, 7:15pm; Reply: 279
ok then
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 21, 2009, 7:45pm; Reply: 280
6.20pm.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 21, 2009, 7:47pm; Reply: 281
I might just make sure i appear that sort of time because i am not sure where king george is
Posted by: BIGChris, February 21, 2009, 8:57pm; Reply: 282
It isnt at king George is it?

I thought we were at Clee Fields. Can you please confirm for everyone Jon?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 21, 2009, 9:00pm; Reply: 283
it is clee fields (i think) same pitch as last time. i shall ring Monday morning and try and post on here at dinner time monday.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 21, 2009, 9:01pm; Reply: 284
training i meant, i thought it was my bad
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 21, 2009, 9:11pm; Reply: 285
It was meant to be, but they put us on clee fields instead (2 mins away) so will confirm were on there again.
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 21, 2009, 9:12pm; Reply: 286
Fair play.
Posted by: barralad, February 21, 2009, 9:51pm; Reply: 287
Gave out loads of the flyers at the Forum last night which generated quite a bit of interest. Had some left so gave them out in Cleethorpes after the meeting! Seemed a sensible thing to do at the time... 8)
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 21, 2009, 11:04pm; Reply: 288
How did it go?
Posted by: barralad, February 21, 2009, 11:15pm; Reply: 289
How did it go?

How did what go? If you mean the Forum there is another thread on it....Very briefly: It went well ;)
Posted by: Wrawby_Mariner, February 21, 2009, 11:16pm; Reply: 290
sorry didnt see
Posted by: Biggles999, February 23, 2009, 10:03am; Reply: 291
Jon,

a few of us are still struggling to print the sponsorship forms.

Would you be able to bring some copies with you for tonights training?

Cheers
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, February 23, 2009, 3:27pm; Reply: 292
Do i need my boots or astroturfs for training?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 23, 2009, 3:34pm; Reply: 293
I will bring sponsorship forms also son ya need astroturf trainers.

Dont forget stubs will be payable tonight ill give leon a list so he can collect before we start and then he can tick you off when you pay.
Posted by: blasty, February 23, 2009, 5:57pm; Reply: 294
Wont be there tonight guys, still stuck at work in sCUNThorpe (Not in intensive care as BigChris thinks!) and wont get away til gone 9. See you all next week.  8)
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, February 24, 2009, 10:11am; Reply: 295
How about maybe carrying on the training after the game next week?

That way Chris has more time with us and maybe we can work on more leading upto the away leg at Sincil Bank.

I know commitment is an issue as a lot of you may usually do stuff on a Monday night but its just an idea.
Posted by: moosey_club, February 25, 2009, 6:49pm; Reply: 296
Looking at the squad photo in the telegraph i didnt realise it was a junior match !!!
Now who was it who said " you'll win nothing with kids". ;)

Posted by: BIGChris, February 25, 2009, 9:24pm; Reply: 297
Quoted from moosey_club
Looking at the squad photo in the telegraph i didnt realise it was a junior match !!!
Now who was it who said " you'll win nothing with kids". ;)

Thanks!
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 25, 2009, 10:55pm; Reply: 298
Just to put pressure on us, but as seen as the main men cant win, whats say we beat lincoln fans lock the players in the dressing room and play for them, at least then we should get a double win.

Cant do no worse surely?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 26, 2009, 12:34am; Reply: 299
Tropheys are now sorted.
Posted by: lukeo, February 26, 2009, 5:55am; Reply: 300
just to let you know nice and early i cant make training next monday  :( Neither can Gilly
Posted by: BIGChris, February 26, 2009, 6:53am; Reply: 301
Quoted from lukeo
just to let you know nice and early i cant make training next monday  :( Neither can Gilly

You quizzing?
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, February 26, 2009, 10:40am; Reply: 302
Trophies?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 26, 2009, 11:16am; Reply: 303
Aye there is three up for grabs.
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, February 26, 2009, 11:18am; Reply: 304
Which are?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 26, 2009, 11:19am; Reply: 305
the tropheys

1 Lincolnshire Fans Derby
Man of The match:

2 Lincolnshire Fans Derby
Sportsmanship award
To be chosen by and sponsored by the two trusts.

3 Lincolnshire Fans Derby
Goal of the Game

the other two tropheys are up for sponsorship so if anyone knows any businesses that want to sponsor them please feel free to pm me for more details
Posted by: LH, February 26, 2009, 12:28pm; Reply: 306
Might want to get my name engraved on all three now Jon. Save a bit of time.

In all seriousness, what happens in the event of a 0 - 0 draw for the third one, a mass brawl for the second one and everyone being rubbish for the first?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 26, 2009, 12:37pm; Reply: 307
Quoted from LH
Might want to get my name engraved on all three now Jon. Save a bit of time.

In all seriousness, what happens in the event of a 0 - 0 draw for the third one, a mass brawl for the second one and everyone being rubbish for the first?

very unlikely when were gonna win 3-0
Posted by: lukeo, February 26, 2009, 1:11pm; Reply: 308
nice confidence and yes gaffer i am at the charity quiz and football training as usual before hand
Posted by: moosey_club, February 26, 2009, 1:21pm; Reply: 309
Quoted from BIGChris

Thanks!

I hope you have notes from their parents and i presume your CRB checks are still upto date ?  ;D
Sure your skills and experience will mould them into a formidable force however.
Posted by: LH, February 26, 2009, 1:29pm; Reply: 310
Gaffer, do Discoveries still play on King George on a Saturday?
Posted by: BIGChris, February 27, 2009, 7:54am; Reply: 311
Quoted from LH
Gaffer, do Discoveries still play on King George on a Saturday?

For what age groups?

I can get the times/venue for training if you let me know the age
Posted by: LH, February 27, 2009, 11:08am; Reply: 312
It was more a question to see how we'll be doing for nearby parking as the car park isn't great at the Stamford Club is it?
Posted by: BIGChris, February 27, 2009, 1:21pm; Reply: 313
Oh. Yes I think it can be used as an overflow. Perhaps we could use the pseudonyms house too!!
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, February 28, 2009, 6:21pm; Reply: 314
Squad numbers as i have them:

1. Michael Wright
2. Richard Broadley
3. Iain Biglin
4. Matthew Newton
5. Paul Parker
7. Matthew Lond
9. Jon Spurr
10. Jordan Houlston
12. Leon Harding
14. Luke O'Hara
15. Darren Todd
16. Mark Walter

Manager - Chris Parker
AM - Blasty
Marc Reed, Gilly and BP Vicar need to select number, first come first served. (unless already have one?) if any incorrect please let us know via this thread....

Anyone Missing?
Posted by: Trumpeter Rich, February 28, 2009, 9:59pm; Reply: 315
i think on monday at training we should ask the team who train there aswell (which i think is Abitas) if they want a game full pitch
Posted by: 75 (Guest), February 28, 2009, 10:04pm; Reply: 316
Squad numbers as i have them:

1. Michael Wright
2. Richard Broadley
3. Iain Biglin
4. Matthew Newton
5. Paul Parker
7. Matthew Lond
9. Jon Spurr
10. Jordan Houlston
12. Leon Harding
14. Luke O'Hara
15. Darren Todd
16. Mark Walter

Manager - Chris Parker
AM - Blasty
Marc Reed, Gilly and BP Vicar need to select number, first come first served. (unless already have one?) if any incorrect please let us know via this thread....

Anyone Missing?

Not bothered but I would like an extra comfy shirt. hehe. I'm as fat as I've ever been but I've shrugged my groin stain off I think.
Posted by: BIGChris, February 28, 2009, 10:11pm; Reply: 317
Them groin stains can be very annoying!
Posted by: 75 (Guest), February 28, 2009, 10:32pm; Reply: 318
Quoted from BIGChris
Them groin stains can be very annoying!

That's women for ya. Rarely clean up after thelmselves.
Posted by: LH, March 1, 2009, 10:15am; Reply: 319
I expect Gilly will want 8 Jon.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 1, 2009, 8:17pm; Reply: 320
can mine be changed to 61 i know its an odd big number just the shirt i where for American football but if i cant i'm happy with 16
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 1, 2009, 10:38pm; Reply: 321
Quoted from Trumpeter Rich
i think on monday at training we should ask the team who train there aswell (which i think is Abitas) if they want a game full pitch

I play for Abatis. If BigChris wants us to play Abatis I can contact the manager? (who happens to be a Mariner).
Posted by: LH, March 1, 2009, 10:40pm; Reply: 322
Might be handy to test a team out or whatever. As long as Abatis brought a set of shirts and we had them yellow ones again we could. Up to the gaffer though.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 1, 2009, 10:45pm; Reply: 323
Quoted from LH
Might be handy to test a team out or whatever. As long as Abatis brought a set of shirts and we had them yellow ones again we could. Up to the gaffer though.

I have a load of bibs we could use. Who would I play for? Judas? haha
Posted by: LH, March 1, 2009, 10:45pm; Reply: 324
We also have to have a goal celebration workshop.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 1, 2009, 10:50pm; Reply: 325
I'd like the number 4 worn by lord Futcher if poss.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 2, 2009, 9:41am; Reply: 326
Event Schedule:

1.9.30am-10am – Players arrive and get changed

2.10am -10.30am – Players train

3.10.30-10.45 – Players Get into full kits and have final team talk

4.10.45am -11am– Players go to pitch side for photos which includes:
Squad photos,
Respect Photo,
Both Teams – One photo
Captain + mascots + officials photos,
Organisers + Charity Reps + Captains + Mascots + Match Officials Photos

5. 11am First half Kick Off

6. 11.45am -12pm Half Time

7. 12pm Second Half

8. 12.45pm Full Time

9. 12.45pm – Trophey Ceremony

10. 1pm Players warm down – Changed

11. 1.15pm Bar – All Players + Managers Avaliable for Interviews

12. 2.15pm All Players and Fans still at Stamford walk together to Blundell Park.
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 2, 2009, 9:43am; Reply: 327

2.10am -10.30am – Players train

K'in hell Jon do you want us to have some energy for the game?  ;)
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 2, 2009, 9:45am; Reply: 328

K'in hell Jon do you want us to have some energy for the game?  ;)

Im hoping Lincoln fans take it literally and dont understand that it should say 2. 10am-10.30am
Posted by: Sconeboy, March 2, 2009, 9:49am; Reply: 329
Shouldn't you be asleep Jon ? ;)
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 2, 2009, 9:58am; Reply: 330
Just seen the squad numbers. I'd prefer the number 8 if possible? Not too bothered though if the other lads want it. 20 minutes "training" before the game? Depends what you mean by "training"!

I'm 15 stone and nearly 33 years old so I'll not be keen on using up my limited energy before the game.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 2, 2009, 10:01am; Reply: 331
Scone Boy - how can i sleep with people continually texting and ringing me! - shouldn't you be at school?

Final squad Numbers:
1. Michael Wright
2. Richard Broadley
3. Iain Biglin
4. Matthew Newton
5. Paul Parker
6. Alec Gilliant
7. Matthew Lond
8. Jason Paget
9. Jon Spurr
10. Jordan Houlston
12. Leon Harding
11. Mark Walter - no you cant have 61
14. Luke O'Hara
15. Darren Todd
16. Trevor Hewson
Posted by: Sconeboy, March 2, 2009, 10:03am; Reply: 332
Haha point taken! I am at school! Making the most of my D&T Lesson haha! Just seen on the Website jon it says remaining sessions 8 - 9. Is that Lincolns cause isnt ours tonight at 7 - 8 ? If I dont reply will you text me mate, gotta go at ten past ;)
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 2, 2009, 10:05am; Reply: 333
Scone Boy - how can i sleep with people continually texting and ringing me! - shouldn't you be at school?

Final squad Numbers:
1. Michael Wright
2. Richard Broadley
3. Iain Biglin
4. Matthew Newton
5. Paul Parker
6. Alec Gilliant
7. Matthew Lond
8. Jason Paget
9. Jon Spurr
10. Jordan Houlston
12. Leon Harding
14. Luke O'Hara
15. Darren Todd
16. Trevor Hewson

We should be fine with Paul Parker at the back. Getting on a bit but I'm sure he'll have these gimps in his pocket.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 2, 2009, 10:08am; Reply: 334
Quoted from Sconeboy
Haha point taken! I am at school! Making the most of my D&T Lesson haha! Just seen on the Website jon it says remaining sessions 8 - 9. Is that Lincolns cause isnt ours tonight at 7 - 8 ? If I dont reply will you text me mate, gotta go at ten past ;)

Ours is at normal time 6.45-8pm
Posted by: Sconeboy, March 2, 2009, 10:10am; Reply: 335
So it was 7 the first time, 6 : 30 last week, and 6 : 45 this week. Normal time ? ;) haha.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 2, 2009, 1:27pm; Reply: 336
LCFC STRIKERS:
Nathan Addlesee

The blonde bombshell will bag a brace at least. Has the predatory instinct of Patulea and a turn and shot like the Horse. Feed the foal TJ, feed the foal for he will score. Bursts forward like the Frecklington of old, with a shuffle that would throw a professional poker player. As for aerial prowess he could be a cloud.

Nationality: English
Nickname: Nath (my personal fav being tosser or twit)
Height: 6ft
Weight: 11st 4
Position: Striker
Squad Number: 9
Team Supported:Lincoln city

Julian Burley
Julian has the pace and finish of a Nicolas Anelka. A Promising player, great at one on ones, his turn of pace and snapshot are legends in the making.

Nickname: Jules
Height: 5'9
Weight: 116 Pounds (8.3 Stone)
Position: Striker
Squad Number: 16
Team Supported: Lincoln City

Dan Taylor
The gilded ginger Celtic clamour has Lincoln City FC tattooed on his heart . Dan is the staunch immovable object and a perfect target man for our free flowing midfield musketeers. He may be fat he may be round, but he`s sure to score at every ground.

Nickname: Ginge
Height: 6'2'
Weight: 98kg
Position: Centre Forward
Squad Number: 17
Team Supported:Lincoln

The Management

Manager - David Beck

As well as playing semi professionally David has also managed a side in The Oxfordshire League for two years prior to becoming an Imps Director. David is the Supporter`s Director and does so much behind the scenes.

Assistant - Neil Gentleman-Hobbs
His football career as a midfielder was cut short at 15, though the spin has continued throughout his life.

As all managers know the game is won and lost in the engine room and ours is so well oiled it wouldn`t squeak at a mouse in season. The communication is good but the telepathic understanding goes beyond the foot and tongue understanding of mere mortals, why it would give Yuri Geller, Devon Brown, Dr Who and the tardis a run for its money.

Graham Raisen
A consummate all round midfielder so experienced there are references to him in the Bible (Old Testament). Admits that pace is not his strength but has a cool head that does the first two yards for him. Has the positional sense of a compass and enjoys fresh cod every Friday night.

Nickname: Raz / Poacher
Height: 5' 11''
Weight: 14 st
Position: Usually lent over wheezing
Squad Number: Anything with 3 digits
Team Supported: Do you really need to ask ?

Sam Booth
His boots have superglue but his body is fashioned in Teflon, the East Midlands Achilles without the heel. Our non-stick Giggs has talent, pace, a football brain and a harem who will follow him even to the depths of The Humber Estuary.

Nickname: Smoothy
Height: 6 ft
Weight: 12st 4
Position: Right/Left mid, Striker
Squad Number: 8
Team Supported:Lincoln City/ Manchester United

Matt Harris
A Left footed genius of guile though his gait would not suggest this at first sight. Can peel an orange in his pocket off the pitch and an entire field once upon it. A tenacity and determination to achieve, he is a chef both on and off the field of play.

Nationality:English
Nickname:Chopper
Height: 6ft
Weight: 9st 2lb
Position: Left Mid
Squad Number:7
Team Supported:Lincoln

TJ Ramsden (Captain)
Our Great Bard and leader, the on pitch Poet Laureate with the words of wisdom that will energise, warn and motivate the impressive Imps. His range of passing is sublime. He has the flexible engine of a Harley combined with the cultured touch of Romeo the lover and Romario the Brazilian. He also pocesses our secret weapon…………

Nickname: Tez
Height: 5'11
Weight: 13.5 Stone
Position: Midfield/Forward
Squad Number: 10
Team Supported: Lincoln City / Arsenal

Ryan Varley
Can turn on a sixpence with the speed and power of an express train. Though young the Sincil Spright has two feet that will leave his foes in his slip stream. An integral part of the NK School cup semi final team who many feel can make the grade for real.

With The Grimsby V Lincoln City fans game a week away Vital go through the case for the defence

Wayne Greaves
A keeper to be proud of with all the attributes to make it at semi pro at least.
Commands his area, communicates well and superb in one on ones. Comes for crosses as if he has super glue on his gloves.

Nickname: Greavesie
Height: 6'1
Weight: 12 - 12.5 stone
Position: Goalkeeper
Squad Number: 1

Adrian Bell -
Halifax trialled our right back who can get forward and deliver a cross and a half. Sticks to his man like glue and has the pace to compete with the speed merchants. Good feet and an eye for a pass could double as a right midfield. Adi is currently studying journalism so it is hoped he will not drift over to our left back for some tips.

Nickname: adie
Height: 5' 7 ish''
Weight: 9 st
Position: Right Back
Squad Number: 2

Mark Whiley?

A two footed full back with the sort of tenacity you would expect from a journalist. Again has the pace for the overlap and a shot like a cannon ball. A Green at Morecambe special is on the cards for the elegant Echo Paulo Maldini in the making.

Data not available.

Ian Greaves
A cross between Paul Morgan and Jamie McCombe, Ian is an experienced Sunday league defender. It is apt that a former postman figures in a fairy tale fixture as he played for Royal Mail until last season. Has the Morgan composure an inch perfect tackle and deceptive pace.

Nickname: Greavsie
Height: 5.10
Weight: 11.6
Position: Centre Back
Squad Number: 5

Golly

Fi fi fo fum, oh lordy lordy it`s another Imp giant. A true beast of a man Golly would be clear favourite in a brutal bacon buttie consuming competition with yo ho ho Janos himself. One of our trainees asked him for his real name but he ate him whole, so Golly sounds good to me. Has a tackle like an axe and a pendulous right peg that can send a clearance to the stars. His fitness regime includes eating raw meat and running up and down Steep hill attached to the worlds largest elastic band.

Data - well we dare not ask him personal questions to be honest.
Posted by: Biggles999, March 2, 2009, 2:04pm; Reply: 337
Just sounds like someone has a lot of time on their hands to write over exagerrated articles. I think they want a job in the News Of The World.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 2, 2009, 3:10pm; Reply: 338
Kits confirmed. Black and White.
Posted by: BIGChris, March 2, 2009, 3:57pm; Reply: 339
Kits confirmed. Black and White.

As in black and white stripes-a GTFC strip?
Posted by: LH, March 2, 2009, 4:04pm; Reply: 340
I hope the Stamford Club take orders for drinks at half time. Saves queing up.
Posted by: 893 (Guest), March 3, 2009, 5:12pm; Reply: 341
Tropheys and winners/runners up medals have been collected....

Lincoln have pre-view warm up game against the echo tomorrow night 9pm lcfc sincil male masturbation astro turfs... ill shall record and send in scouting report.
Posted by: cactus, March 3, 2009, 6:11pm; Reply: 342

Final squad Numbers:
1. Michael Wright
2. Richard Broadley
3. Iain Biglin
4. Matthew Newton
5. Paul Parker
6. Alec Gilliant
7. Matthew Lond
8. Jason Paget
9. Jon Spurr
10. Jordan Houlston
12. Leon Harding
14. Luke O'Hara
15. Darren Todd
16. Trevor Hewson

A late addition to the squad is on loan wing back, Craig Nuttall.  Dropping in the squad at #13 although apparently would prefer #11.

If a player description is required just ask either a few hundred Scunny fans or Lee Trundle where his nickname come from.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 4, 2009, 4:55pm; Reply: 343
a few interviews are being written up at the moment, well now i have stopped laughing at chris's interview answers.

Shall make a brilliant article
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 4, 2009, 5:29pm; Reply: 344
Chris's Interview http://www.grimsby.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=146057
Posted by: PontoonParker, March 4, 2009, 6:07pm; Reply: 345
Quoted from 75

We should be fine with Paul Parker at the back. Getting on a bit but I'm sure he'll have these gimps in his pocket.

I Think it's fair to say my best year's are behind me,
but should be okay,
IF the arthritis doesn't play up to much
;)

Can't wait til saturday actually,
really lookin forward to a town win.

i obviously mean in the morning.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 4, 2009, 6:41pm; Reply: 346
Odds on first goal scorer:

Mike Wright 33/1
Trevor Hewson 33/1
Richard Broadley 12/1
Paul Parker 5/1
Darren Todd 4/1
Ian Biglin 8/4
Matthew Lond 12/1
Leon Harding 16/1
Jason Paget evens
Alec Gilliant 6/4
Jon Spurr 33/1
Lee Trundle 16/4
Matthew Newton 33/1
Luke Ohara 1/3
Mark Walter 12/1
Jordan Houlston 1/3

Paypal, cash only im afraid minimum of £5 per bet.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 4, 2009, 6:44pm; Reply: 347
odds on team to win:

Grimsby - No bets being taken
Lincoln 2/1
Posted by: Sconeboy, March 4, 2009, 6:45pm; Reply: 348
£50 quid on Spurr ;D
Posted by: BIGChris, March 4, 2009, 7:05pm; Reply: 349
Odds on first goal scorer:

Mike Wright 33/1
Trevor Hewson 33/1
Richard Broadley 12/1
Paul Parker 5/1
Darren Todd 4/1
Ian Biglin 8/4
Matthew Lond 12/1
Leon Harding 16/1
Jason Paget evens
Alec Gilliant 6/4
Jon Spurr 33/1
Lee Trundle 16/4
Matthew Newton 33/1
Luke Ohara 1/3
Mark Walter 12/1
Jordan Houlston 1/3

Paypal, cash only im afraid minimum of £5 per bet.

I'm not sure the players should be betting on goal scorers. It can be divisive and destroy the need the team play. It doesnt matter who gets any of the first of our 10 goals ;)
Posted by: LH, March 4, 2009, 7:11pm; Reply: 350
16/1? I find that offensive.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 4, 2009, 7:15pm; Reply: 351
Sorry Gaffa. (i got your pm about tenner on paul by the way) ;D
Posted by: theicenian, March 4, 2009, 7:22pm; Reply: 352
Sorry Gaffa. (i got your pm about tenner on paul by the way)

Good job I read to the end of the thread,I was going to ask who BC had got his money on despite his admonishment. 8)

Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 4, 2009, 7:25pm; Reply: 353
Evens? I've used up all my goals in training! Plus I've just eaten a pizza instead of going to the gym!
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 4, 2009, 7:27pm; Reply: 354
Fiver on Newton. He has a decent touch (not like Terrell) and a bit of presence.

Plus I can only ever pass to him if he is anywhere near the goal!!! hahahaha
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 4, 2009, 9:21pm; Reply: 355
Quoted from PontoonParker

I Think it's fair to say my best year's are behind me,
but should be okay,
IF the arthritis doesn't play up to much
;)

Can't wait til saturday actually,
really lookin forward to a town win.

i obviously mean in the morning.

I meant the black Paul Parker who used to play for Man Utd but I'm sure you are a fine physical specimen.
Posted by: LH, March 4, 2009, 9:25pm; Reply: 356
I'd lower the odds on Londy - he scored an ace diving header at Internet Mariners training. I'd raise them on Toddy too - he scored at training, that must be his goals/week quota up for this week! ;)
Posted by: Mariner16, March 4, 2009, 10:37pm; Reply: 357
Quoted from LH
I'd lower the odds on Londy - he scored an ace diving header at Internet Mariners training.

haha, I'm proud of that. I got an hat trick. Just hope I haven't used up all my goals tonight.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 4, 2009, 10:42pm; Reply: 358
i've not scored a goal in 4 year i'm due a goal ;)
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 4, 2009, 10:46pm; Reply: 359
LCFC Match Report.
Lincoln 1 Echo 0
Lincoln had a goal disallowed for a push on a defender after defender golly climbed to score a great header. LCFC were rewarded a late penalty to win the match which was a evenly matched game which the echo side will feel hard done by due to the late penalty given against them.

For a full preview of their players please look at big chris facebook if you have it, they read this site so dont want to give away what ive said.
Posted by: Chopper_imp, March 5, 2009, 12:27am; Reply: 360

For a full preview of their players please look at big chris facebook if you have it, they read this site so dont want to give away what ive said.

Don't actually think thats fair do you..

Surely you should of respected our wishes and not attended training to get a big up..

:o :o :o :o

Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 5, 2009, 7:52am; Reply: 361
I think Lincoln are expected to win ze fans game. All the pressure is ees on zem to perform on ze day.

Jose Vicarrinho
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 5, 2009, 8:59am; Reply: 362
Quoted from Chopper_imp

Don't actually think thats fair do you..

Surely you should of respected our wishes and not attended training to get a big up..

:o :o :o :o

CHopper get off your bloody high horse. No one asked me not to attend last night and it was only you who said i couldnt play as you knew i was gunning for the echo reporters.

Fair since when have lincoln side stuck to fair playing in this game?
Posted by: Biggles999, March 5, 2009, 9:03am; Reply: 363
I cant believe you have me in at 8/4 (surely that is the same as 1/2??)

I scored one goal in preseason which was a cross that the keeper dropped and one goal the season before!!

I think in about 5 years of playing 11aside I have scored 4 goals lol
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 5, 2009, 9:13am; Reply: 364
I can't believe you've got me at 4/1!
Don't put any on me Gents lol

Have you seen my shooting?
Thats why I'm a defender I've scored 7 goals in 10 years ;D
Posted by: Biggles999, March 5, 2009, 9:22am; Reply: 365
I am going to score a bullet of a header against there 6'9'' defender.

Ask Dave I will dominate him in the air!! haha.

To be fair I did smash the post with a shot on Monday. Maybe its my time to score in the black and white stripes :D
Posted by: blasty, March 5, 2009, 9:33am; Reply: 366
Hmmmmmmmmm  8)  8)
Posted by: PontoonParker, March 5, 2009, 9:36am; Reply: 367
5/1???!!
I Want Evens At Least ;)
I Managed 14 in my last season.
even if i was playing central midfield!
still not a bad return.

I fancy whipping a free kick in on saturday!
Posted by: Biggles999, March 5, 2009, 9:38am; Reply: 368
I wouldnt mind being on left footed free kicks if Chris agrees. I dont think we have many players in the team who can use their left foot and both my feet are of a similar standard....

and yes I do know that makes them both crap.
Posted by: PontoonParker, March 5, 2009, 9:44am; Reply: 369
I fancy right footed free kicks withinthe 20-30 yard range.
i don't know if we have a designated free kick taker,
but i'm reasonably consistent!
Posted by: Biggles999, March 5, 2009, 9:46am; Reply: 370
So far then the players who want free kicks are both defenders :P

Roberto Carlos and Ronald Koeman anyone??? haha
Posted by: Kris Mustampa, March 5, 2009, 9:49am; Reply: 371
Quoted from Biggles999
So far then the players who want free kicks are both defenders :P

Roberto Carlos and Ronald Koeman anyone??? haha

Tom Newey?????
Posted by: PontoonParker, March 5, 2009, 10:06am; Reply: 372
Or more like Chelsea's Alex?
Liverpool's Daniel Agger?
Town Legend Dean Gordon?
Darren Barnard Even?!
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 5, 2009, 10:09am; Reply: 373
Have I missed our article in the Chronicle or have they not bothered with it?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 5, 2009, 10:28am; Reply: 374
Time for scandals:
http://www.grimsby.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=146137
Posted by: Biggles999, March 5, 2009, 10:34am; Reply: 375
Are we really going that over the top about it?

Chris's comment was meant as a joke, they have responded by accusing Jon of spying, and we report them to the LFFA or whatever for playing an inelgible player??

Its a charity match ffs....what happened to Corinthian spirit and all that.

Yes I want to win the game but surely this is all going a little bit ott?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 5, 2009, 10:36am; Reply: 376
No Ian, not at all.

What it is, is those articles get picked up by news now which is every media organisation going, so they read something like that, they want to know whats going on they look into the match which in turn could get us publicity.

It is all a joke but we get to play on the publicity.
Posted by: Biggles999, March 5, 2009, 10:39am; Reply: 377
Ok if its a media thing, but surely any players involved in the game who dont pick up on that fact, as I didnt, could think that the whole thing has become petty?

You then might get a few idiots who decide to turn the match into a grudge match rather than a charity game?
Posted by: Sconeboy, March 5, 2009, 10:42am; Reply: 378
Calm down ;D
Posted by: blasty, March 5, 2009, 10:44am; Reply: 379
Quoted from Biggles999
Ok if its a media thing, but surely any players involved in the game who dont pick up on that fact, as I didnt, could think that the whole thing has become petty?

You then might get a few idiots who decide to turn the match into a grudge match rather than a charity game?

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

You didnt really think the LFFA was a real organisation did you?? Calm down dear its only a commercial!!!
Posted by: Biggles999, March 5, 2009, 10:46am; Reply: 380
I dont know what organisations are involved in the game at certain standards. There does seem to be an organisation to represent anybody at anytime.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 5, 2009, 11:05am; Reply: 381
Quoted from Biggles999

As far as I am concerned it's just a bit of fun and the chance to earn some cash for Cancer Research and GTFC. I don't dislike Lincoln at all, in fact I like the place and a good mate of mine (Aryan Imp) supports them. And let's be honest, we have bigger worries than a charity kickabout.

I'm sure when the game comes I'll want to win it like I want to win every game I play though. Wish I was a bit fitter but I've had to rest my groin (ask the missus! hehe) which has meant I've not been to the gym at all and I've had to eat groin strain repairing pizza's.

If it was them lot up the A180 I would dust off my old steel toe caps.
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 5, 2009, 11:08am; Reply: 382
Yeah we all know its for charity at the end of the day but we will still want to win and be competitive.
Posted by: Biggles999, March 5, 2009, 11:22am; Reply: 383
I want to win and be competitive, but we all know that there is a line between being competitive and being dirty.

At first when I read the article, admittedly without realising it was a joke, I thought that the game could go from a good match into a kicking bout.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 5, 2009, 11:26am; Reply: 384
That ian, was the point of the article.

Do you think the bigger organisations will do something if its just a local charity match? Probs not. If it turns into a full blown brawl they would and to do something they have to be there, we know it wont, let them think what they want.

If they come down and watch its all good, if they dont we tried to get them there.
Posted by: Biggles999, March 5, 2009, 11:30am; Reply: 385
Fair enough, it may seem like I am taking it the wrong way but it was just my immediate reaction when I read it and it made me wonder if less 'friendly' players than our squad may take it the wrong way.
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 5, 2009, 11:31am; Reply: 386
Just kick em back twice as hard! ;)
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 5, 2009, 11:32am; Reply: 387
Any player who gets to "hot headed" will be immediatly subbed and will be off for a minimum of 15 minutes.

I will put all match rules up shortly were just finalising them at the moment.
Posted by: Biggles999, March 5, 2009, 11:35am; Reply: 388
Ok Jon.

I dont mind kicking back Toddy in a normal game. Would rather not for a game that is supposed to be endorsing the "friendship" between the two sets of fans.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 5, 2009, 11:36am; Reply: 389
Any player who gets to "hot headed" will be immediatly subbed and will be off for a minimum of 15 minutes.

I will put all match rules up shortly were just finalising them at the moment.

I'm sure the game will be played in a positive spirit. I am more of a passer than a kicker but when my lungs are bursting I might have to give one of em a tap for 15 mins off!

Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 5, 2009, 11:37am; Reply: 390
I know Ian, we'll be fine mate.
Posted by: Biggles999, March 5, 2009, 11:41am; Reply: 391
God I sound like a lightwieght wimp now lol
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 5, 2009, 11:45am; Reply: 392
Lol I have cconfidence in everyone for Saturday.
Posted by: BIGChris, March 5, 2009, 11:54am; Reply: 393
Guys, the game is about developing friendships, enjoying our football and raising funds for charity.

I am sure we have nobody who would get 'involved' and if it did happen then they would be substituted. I don't need any written rules for that. I'd do it out of respect for everything and everyone the day is about.

The Lincolns side are said to be very good which is fine. I am sure we are up for the challenge and will do our upmost to win.

We wouldnt want it too easy
Posted by: Biggles999, March 5, 2009, 11:56am; Reply: 394
Me too, I think that everybody has skills and talents which they can bring to the game.

I know I am biased as I am probably a part of the defence but I think the back 4 looks to have a good balance especially.
Posted by: LH, March 5, 2009, 11:56am; Reply: 395
Warm up tee shirts are here. I'm going to say that everyone puts a minimum donation of £5 for their shirt to cover costs and also raise a bit from it. Might need to do a small whip round for the £8.22 postage as well.
Posted by: Biggles999, March 5, 2009, 11:58am; Reply: 396
and I agree with you Chris, anybody on our side especially who wants to get involved should be substituted off.

We want to play the game in the right spirit.

Besides, I would rather stick the ball in the back of the net, than stick my foot on their shins!
Posted by: Chopper_imp, March 5, 2009, 11:59am; Reply: 397
"The Lincolns side are said to be very good which is fine. I am sure we are up for the challenge and will do our upmost to win."

That to me sounds a defeatest attitude that your looking at losing.... which you are but hey lol

8)

Break a leg fellas  ;)
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 5, 2009, 12:03pm; Reply: 398
hehe. the banter begins in earnest.
Posted by: Chopper_imp, March 5, 2009, 12:19pm; Reply: 399
8) 8) 8)
Posted by: theicenian, March 5, 2009, 12:54pm; Reply: 400
Quoted from 75
hehe. the banter begins in earnest.

I thought Big Chris said Earnest wasn't playing,he's far too good for a friendly game and he didn't want us to win twenty nil,it would be far too embarassing for the Imps. ;)

Posted by: LH, March 5, 2009, 2:44pm; Reply: 401
Are we allowed to keep the matchballs Jon? Cause I'm sort of expecting to take one home ;).
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 5, 2009, 2:45pm; Reply: 402
Nope.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 5, 2009, 2:49pm; Reply: 403
Quoted from LH
Are we allowed to keep the matchballs Jon? Cause I'm sort of expecting to take one home ;).

Not likely according to our resident bookmaker.

BP Vicar is thought of as a a likely goal machine. Odds of evens to get the first goal appear less than generous as to date after 15 years in the Grimsby and District Sunday league I have scored the grand total of 1 goal. Although I have missed a penalty and I remember a game where I hit the crossbar twice!

I am a goalie though to be fair.
Posted by: BIGChris, March 5, 2009, 3:09pm; Reply: 404
This could be our secret weapon. We have two designated keepers in the squad plus Padge and Paul who both play in goal normally.

We could go for an early goal and then stick all four of them in nets!
Posted by: lukeo, March 5, 2009, 3:15pm; Reply: 405
i also used to be a keeper ... make that 5! ;)
Posted by: LH, March 5, 2009, 3:16pm; Reply: 406
I used to play in goal when I played Subbuteo.
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 5, 2009, 3:20pm; Reply: 407
I was a keeper till I was 22.
Posted by: LH, March 5, 2009, 3:25pm; Reply: 408
Team full of keepers!
Posted by: Biggles999, March 5, 2009, 3:41pm; Reply: 409
We should play all of our goalkeepers in defence - we might be able to get away with a few handballs.

If the players have better acting skills than Steven Taylor that is.
Posted by: LH, March 5, 2009, 3:52pm; Reply: 410
Their lot are all turning up in shirt and ties, I reckon we do the same.

I'll get on the phone to Greenwood's now to get our 'Sincil Suits' made. Liverpool style cream anyone?
Posted by: BIGChris, March 5, 2009, 4:09pm; Reply: 411
What? Just shirts and ties? They'll get arrested. This isnt gaylindum you know
Posted by: Biggles999, March 5, 2009, 4:10pm; Reply: 412
Shirts and ties?? For crying out loud lol.

Surely we all have a shirt and trousers we could wear?
Posted by: LH, March 5, 2009, 4:12pm; Reply: 413
It is their cup final though I suppose, playing Grimsby Town Fans.
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 5, 2009, 4:31pm; Reply: 414
I won't be wearing anything of the sort!

Jeans and t shirt is smart for me lol
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 5, 2009, 4:47pm; Reply: 415
I won't be wearing anything of the sort!

Jeans and t shirt is smart for me lol

Me neither. I'll make enough of a twit of myself without shirt, trousers and ties.
Posted by: theicenian, March 5, 2009, 5:00pm; Reply: 416
Quoted from 75

Me neither. I'll make enough of a twit of myself without shirt, trousers and ties.

Oh lawks Vicar where are you going to put your rose for your lapel?

Don't bother you lot I've already thought of that spot and I'm not sure the stem will be long enough. ;D ;D ;D

Posted by: NewtoN, March 5, 2009, 8:01pm; Reply: 417
i was also a keeper in my prime :P

33/1 get yourself's on newton to score! lol
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 6, 2009, 3:27am; Reply: 418
i'm on the newton band wagon. Newton to to score the winner in  injury time you heard it here first  ;)
Posted by: Chopper_imp, March 6, 2009, 9:14am; Reply: 419
http://www.sportsecho.co.uk/football/lincoln_city/news/displayarticle.php?ID=6568

Some good coverage in the Echo today... for once  ;)
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 6, 2009, 10:40am; Reply: 420
Quoted from Chopper_imp
http://www.sportsecho.co.uk/football/lincoln_city/news/displayarticle.php?ID=6568

Some good coverage in the Echo today... for once  ;)

"the ref apologised" flipping bullshit did i!
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 6, 2009, 10:43am; Reply: 421

Silence spy boy.
Posted by: BIGChris, March 6, 2009, 11:25am; Reply: 422

Talking of ref's. Is the situation sorted for the morning?
Posted by: Biggles999, March 6, 2009, 11:27am; Reply: 423
Surely if we get the game affiliated with the Lincs FA then the other ref and his officials will turn out and run the game?

I know this was mentioned in the other thread so hopefully it happens
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 6, 2009, 11:28am; Reply: 424
The ref sitaution is sorted
Posted by: Biggles999, March 6, 2009, 11:28am; Reply: 425
Oh and Chris, are you the sort of manager like Rafa that only annouces his team sheet just before kick off?  ;)
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 6, 2009, 11:29am; Reply: 426
just to expand on the above post, we have an official ref, were gonna have a gy fan running our line and lcfc fan running theirs.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 6, 2009, 11:30am; Reply: 427
Quoted from Biggles999
Oh and Chris, are you the sort of manager like Rafa that only annouces his team sheet just before kick off?  ;)

Im gonna do a full match preview with a few hints that i know of.
Posted by: BIGChris, March 6, 2009, 11:42am; Reply: 428
Quoted from Biggles999

Yes, I want to see the hunger in the eyes of my players (I dont mean a cheesy growler!)
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 6, 2009, 11:43am; Reply: 429
Will you look like Peter Kay in Max and Paddy then? ;)
Posted by: Biggles999, March 6, 2009, 11:47am; Reply: 430
With Chris and Dave's builds they are probably both going to want to be Max
Posted by: BIGChris, March 6, 2009, 11:54am; Reply: 431
Quoted from Biggles999
With Chris and Dave's builds they are probably both going to want to be Max

Dropped!
Posted by: lukeo, March 6, 2009, 2:13pm; Reply: 432
going to give us a hint on the starting line up gaffer?  ;)
Posted by: Chopper_imp, March 6, 2009, 2:17pm; Reply: 433
Quoted from lukeo
going to give us a hint on the starting line up gaffer?  ;)

I don't know about yours but we have a quality line up............

1.) Ryan...
2.) Ryan...
3.) Ryan...
4.) Ryan...
5.) Ryan...
6.) Ryan...
7.) Ryan...
8.) Ryan...
9.) Ryan...
10.) Ryan...
11.) Ryan...

We have a team full of ryansssssssssssssssssssss lol...
Posted by: LH, March 6, 2009, 2:19pm; Reply: 434
http://www.grimsby.vitalfootball.co.uk/matchprere.asp?a=146285

Typical jounos - it's a thigh injury actually Jon!
Posted by: Biggles999, March 6, 2009, 2:28pm; Reply: 435
Doesnt look good when our teams key player is an on loan defender?? haha

How are we weakened?
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 6, 2009, 2:30pm; Reply: 436
Nutty is the Internet Mariner manager so hardly on loan :D
Posted by: Biggles999, March 6, 2009, 2:33pm; Reply: 437
Ahh right, I was just quoting from the article that he was on loan Toddy
Posted by: lukeo, March 6, 2009, 2:33pm; Reply: 438
Seems as though they know about Nutty it looks like my heading and Leons pace upfront is the secret force for victory  ;)  ;D
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 6, 2009, 2:36pm; Reply: 439
And my goals  ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Biggles999, March 6, 2009, 2:37pm; Reply: 440
We are going to be the anti-GTFC and go for defensive solidity!!!
Posted by: Sconeboy, March 6, 2009, 2:57pm; Reply: 441
Sounds like a plan ;)
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 6, 2009, 3:34pm; Reply: 442
Good luck for tomorrow guys.  I'll be watching and cheering on behalf of the Internet Mariners, maybe doing some scouting too.  ;)  I'll be bringing honoury fan Rockie The Rottie along to make sure it's all played in a friendly spirit.

Just remember to enjoy it on the pitch, charity game it may be but you can enjoy it even more afterwards if you know you've run your socks off and given your all.  

Playing for the Internets is a great honour for me and a lot of our lads because it's our version of playing for the club we love.  Treat this exactly the same and remember you're representing GTFC.
Posted by: lukeo, March 6, 2009, 3:39pm; Reply: 443
Quoted from diehardmariner

Playing for the Internets is a great honour for me and a lot of our lads because it's our version of playing for the club we love.  Treat this exactly the same and remember you're representing GTFC.

Ontop of that i would like to add playing for Internet Mariners has been/is my most enjoyable and best experience of football i have ever had, i always try to put 110% into everything (except tackles  :P) SO tomorow will hopefully bring the same and i hope i score a few goals which will be dedicated to all my sponsors and the 3 charities x
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 6, 2009, 3:39pm; Reply: 444
No wolf whistling me please mate ;)
Posted by: BIGChris, March 6, 2009, 3:40pm; Reply: 445
Good luck for tomorrow guys.  I'll be watching and cheering on behalf of the Internet Mariners, maybe doing some scouting too.  ;)  I'll be bringing honoury fan Rockie The Rottie along to make sure it's all played in a friendly spirit.

Just remember to enjoy it on the pitch, charity game it may be but you can enjoy it even more afterwards if you know you've run your socks off and given your all.  

You been reading my team talk?

Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 6, 2009, 3:42pm; Reply: 446
We know its for charity but that doesn't stop us wanting to win it for ourselfs and for Grimsby.I'm sure we'll all do what we can to help us win and aslong as we play as a team, we'll be okay/

Lets have a bit of pride tommorow lads x
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 6, 2009, 3:47pm; Reply: 447
Yeah sorry, Chris.  I'm really an uber-cyber hacker and couldn't resist browsing through your laptop files.  Some of those, ahem, 'work' files are interesting.  I always thought horses were just for racing.

I won't be doing any whistling, Toddy.  I might bring up some nice yellow mucus for you though.  No promises.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 6, 2009, 4:00pm; Reply: 448
Can't wait until tomorrow morning now. Looking forward to the challenge.
Shame about the afternoon though. :(
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 6, 2009, 4:52pm; Reply: 449
right then lads i'm off to sunny scunny for the overnight stay so i shall see you all tomorrow mariners for the win in both games
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 6, 2009, 4:56pm; Reply: 450
Leaving work shortly so I hope all players have an early night tonight ;)
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 6, 2009, 4:59pm; Reply: 451
Yep only limit your selves to 2 kegs tonite lads dont want anyone feeling groggy in the morning  :P
Posted by: LH, March 6, 2009, 5:31pm; Reply: 452
Right -

Got the kit, black and white Shirts, white shorts  and black socks. There is one keeper kit, number one in orange. There is enough socks for the spare keeper to have a pair of black ones so it's not that disgusting to share one. Got a Mitre Football League matchball and a £60 Champions League one to. Hopefully the unorthodox town kit brings us some luck.

Been to look at the pitch and had an inspection. The pitch we think we'll be playing on has been cut and painted either today or yesterday and other than one goalmouth is in pretty good nick. The ground is soft, but not too soft (you can't poke your finger in without using excessive force) so I would recommend firm ground boots after looking at the overnight forecast. I'll be taking both just in case we do have an overnight downpour.

REMEMBER - £5 for your shirt and be there for 9.30am - anybody late without good reason will be doing double warm up.

Don't get leathered tonight, 2 pints tops. Leave the mrs alone until tomorrow night, eat pasta, potatoes or anything high in carbs tonight for tea and be in bed before 10.
Posted by: Sconeboy, March 6, 2009, 5:36pm; Reply: 453
Yes gaff ;D
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 6, 2009, 5:38pm; Reply: 454
Quoted from LH
Right -

Got the kit, black and white Shirts, white shorts  and black socks. There is one keeper kit, number one in orange. There is enough socks for the spare keeper to have a pair of black ones so it's not that disgusting to share one. Got a Mitre Football League matchball and a £60 Champions League one to. Hopefully the unorthodox town kit brings us some luck.

Been to look at the pitch and had an inspection. The pitch we think we'll be playing on has been cut and painted either today or yesterday and other than one goalmouth is in pretty good nick. The ground is soft, but not too soft (you can't poke your finger in without using excessive force) so I would recommend firm ground boots after looking at the overnight forecast. I'll be taking both just in case we do have an overnight downpour.

REMEMBER - £5 for your shirt and be there for 9.30am - anybody late without good reason will be doing double warm up.

Don't get leathered tonight, 2 pints tops. Leave the mrs alone until tomorrow night, eat pasta, potatoes or anything high in carbs tonight for tea and be in bed before 10.

Save me the XXL mate. I've just ordered a cheesy growler and I'll see you at 10ish after I've rodgered the missus.
Posted by: blasty, March 6, 2009, 6:07pm; Reply: 455
See you in the morning, well rested and full of vigour I hope!!  ;D ;D

Suited and booted I hope BigChris??  :P
Posted by: wrighty88, March 6, 2009, 7:55pm; Reply: 456
Quoted from LH
Right -

what shirt is this for again??
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 6, 2009, 8:01pm; Reply: 457
The fishy t-shirt.

Guys, Thank you all for taking part, Thanks for chris to managing it with blasty assisting i know you wanted managers job but right from the off there was only one person i wanted as gaffa.

Best of luck to everyone tomorrow, we will do them, remember your not just playing for your pride your playing for grimsby.

Ill be at the ground come half 8 and please can all players be there for 9.30, where possible please put on a shirt and trouser, Citymariner - Josh will be there from 9 snapping you all with his camera so dont forget to smile!

See you all in the morning.
Posted by: Sconeboy, March 6, 2009, 8:10pm; Reply: 458
Just out of interest, how many people are going in shirt and trousers ?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 6, 2009, 8:12pm; Reply: 459
me.
Posted by: NewtoN, March 6, 2009, 8:12pm; Reply: 460
i'll wear if i have to but grrrr :P
Posted by: Sconeboy, March 6, 2009, 8:13pm; Reply: 461
Well that helps seems as you told me ;D I just dont wanna be the only one in it or the only one not in it ;D
Posted by: barralad, March 6, 2009, 8:37pm; Reply: 462
Quoted from NewtoN
i'll wear if i have to but grrrr :P

It might almost be worth another sponsorship??? ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: NewtoN, March 6, 2009, 8:43pm; Reply: 463
Quoted from barralad

It might almost be worth another sponsorship??? ;D ;D ;D ;D

ok then lets have a newton to wear a shirt and trousers sponsorship auction :P
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 6, 2009, 8:48pm; Reply: 464
Can someone lend me some shinnies please? I can't find mine anywhere! Let me know if you can. Cheers
Posted by: NewtoN, March 6, 2009, 8:49pm; Reply: 465
yes and if anyone can lend me some boots ... ;D
Posted by: Sconeboy, March 6, 2009, 8:52pm; Reply: 466
At least you thought about it early Newt ;D
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 6, 2009, 8:58pm; Reply: 467
http://www.redimps.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10440~1581243,00.html
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 6, 2009, 9:16pm; Reply: 468
Quoted from 75
Can someone lend me some shinnies please? I can't find mine anywhere! Let me know if you can. Cheers

Seriously, I've had the house upside down! If anyone has a spare pair of shinnies please bring em down.

Cheers
Posted by: barralad, March 6, 2009, 9:19pm; Reply: 469
Quoted from NewtoN

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Posted by: BIGChris, March 6, 2009, 9:30pm; Reply: 470
Quoted from 75

Seriously, I've had the house upside down! If anyone has a spare pair of shinnies please bring em down.

Cheers

I will have a look. We should have a spare pair. If they are Pauls they will be like cricket pads on you!
Posted by: BIGChris, March 6, 2009, 9:31pm; Reply: 471
Quoted from NewtoN

Size?
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 6, 2009, 9:42pm; Reply: 472
Cheers Chris.
Posted by: LH, March 6, 2009, 10:22pm; Reply: 473
I've definitely got spare shinnies. I'll bring them with me.
Posted by: Theimperialcoroner, March 6, 2009, 10:22pm; Reply: 474
Got spares of both in the bag. See you all then. It is a charity game but still want to win sooooo much, so no twating about unless i's totally unavoidable.
Posted by: Sconeboy, March 6, 2009, 10:27pm; Reply: 475
Well im off now and seems like all the talkings done now and it's onto the game. I know it's a charity game and it's for a great cause, but hey, no regrets lads ;)

Up the mariners!
Posted by: LH, March 6, 2009, 10:27pm; Reply: 476
We are there to win the game. None of this raising the money balderdash.

GET TO BED!
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 6, 2009, 11:41pm; Reply: 477
I totally agree charity out of window till 3pm we got a game to win, nothing else matters other than pride!
Posted by: lukeo, March 7, 2009, 6:32am; Reply: 478
atleast you have all had sleep ... hmm shirt and tie, me and Gilly dont own them  ;D  I will do my best  :P
Posted by: 0ld timer, March 7, 2009, 6:35am; Reply: 479
good look today lads
Posted by: LH, March 7, 2009, 7:05am; Reply: 480
I'm going in trackies Luke, can't be arsed to iron at this time of the morning (yet ;))
Posted by: BIGChris, March 7, 2009, 7:12am; Reply: 481
Quoted from LH
I'm going in trackies Luke, can't be arsed to iron at this time of the morning (yet ;))

You've got plenty of time!

Besides, you have a Mum, sister, girlfriend!!!!!!
Posted by: LH, March 7, 2009, 7:14am; Reply: 482
I could have done everybody in the house's ironing - I've been awake since 5. It's that exciting!
Posted by: BIGChris, March 7, 2009, 7:16am; Reply: 483
Quoted from LH
I could have done everybody in the house's ironing - I've been awake since 5. It's that exciting!

Don't fall asleep between 11 & 1
Posted by: LH, March 7, 2009, 7:16am; Reply: 484
I won't, but I'll struggle to stay awake between 3 and 4.50!
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 7, 2009, 7:24am; Reply: 485
Quoted from LH
I've definitely got spare shinnies. I'll bring them with me.

Nice one, thanks
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 7, 2009, 7:27am; Reply: 486
hehe. Trouser and shirt for me for a giggle.

I used to have a GTFC tie somewhere. I'll try and dig it out. Maybe I'll find my shinnies!
Posted by: lukeo, March 7, 2009, 7:54am; Reply: 487
i havent been to sleep since yesterday dinner  :'(
Posted by: lukeo, March 7, 2009, 7:56am; Reply: 488
Booulivard cafe 4 the win!  :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Posted by: 893 (Guest), March 7, 2009, 8:37am; Reply: 489
(Lincolnsmariner) ive got shirt tie and trousers on (gtfc tie) Come on Lads double celebration today please.
Posted by: jerseymariner, March 7, 2009, 4:26pm; Reply: 490
anyone know the result?
Posted by: LH, March 7, 2009, 5:50pm; Reply: 491
Lost 3 - 2. No shame in the result at all. We were ace.
Posted by: leicmariner, March 7, 2009, 5:51pm; Reply: 492
who scored?
how much was raised?
Posted by: LH, March 7, 2009, 5:53pm; Reply: 493
Nutty scored a tap in and Gilly scored goal of the game. 25 yard to the back post. Lukeo got a well deserved man of the match trophy. Well played everyone - I hope the 5 - 1 cheered you up a bit.
Posted by: lukeo, March 7, 2009, 5:54pm; Reply: 494
Scorers: Craig Nuttel and Alec gilliart
Goal of the game: alec Gilliart
GTFC POTM: luke o'hara

Was a great performance all round from everyone, i am defenately looking forward to the 2nd leg.
Posted by: leicmariner, March 7, 2009, 5:57pm; Reply: 495
Did anyone film it are we gona see highlights :)

unlucky with the result but as town fans we all know its the taking part that counts.

Well done to everyone who took part anyway!!
Posted by: LH, March 7, 2009, 6:02pm; Reply: 496
THe highlights will be on MW soon I think. Not too sure.
Posted by: BIGChris, March 7, 2009, 6:05pm; Reply: 497
Can I say that all the lads who represented 'The Fishy' were absolutely first class and a credit to themselves.

The Lincoln lads were older and stronger and certainly possessed one player who was at a level far and above the others on display.

Chatting before hand the lincoln lads were expecting a comfortable win, 5 or 6-0 seemed to be the likely outcome.

What they hadnt taken into account was the spirit, determination and team spirit that the Grimsby side possessed. Some of our lads I am sure wouldnt suggest they are regular footballers but EVERY SINGLE ONE  of them made a massive contribution.

One down to a penalty Nutty pops up with an excellent equlaiser following superb work and cross by Lukeo. Gilly then hammers in a wonder goal to give us the lead before a hotly disputed equaliser when the referee sponsored by specsavers failed to see a clear foul. Imps finally got a winner with about 10 minutes to go when a effort was deflected into the path of their lad for a easy goal.

Every player should feel very happy with their contribution especially as we stuck to the agreed rules of only playing people who were registered on the fishy as at 1st jan 2009.

Well done. You were a credit to this message board, Grimsby Town and above all, yourselves.

I am sure that there will be a great deal of money raised for the designated charities and credit to the lads who organised the day from both sides
Posted by: barralad, March 7, 2009, 6:29pm; Reply: 498
Quoted from BIGChris
Can I say that all the lads who represented 'The Fishy' were absolutely first class and a credit to themselves.

The Lincoln lads were older and stronger and certainly possessed one player who was at a level far and above the others on display.

Chatting before hand the lincoln lads were expecting a comfortable win, 5 or 6-0 seemed to be the likely outcome.

What they hadnt taken into account was the spirit, determination and team spirit that the Grimsby side possessed. Some of our lads I am sure wouldnt suggest they are regular footballers but EVERY SINGLE ONE  of them made a massive contribution.

One down to a penalty Nutty pops up with an excellent equlaiser following superb work and cross by Lukeo. Gilly then hammers in a wonder goal to give us the lead before a hotly disputed equaliser when the referee sponsored by specsavers failed to see a clear foul. Imps finally got a winner with about 10 minutes to go when a effort was deflected into the path of their lad for a easy goal.

Every player should feel very happy with their contribution especially as we stuck to the agreed rules of only playing people who were registered on the fishy as at 1st jan 2009.

Well done. You were a credit to this message board, Grimsby Town and above all, yourselves.

I am sure that there will be a great deal of money raised for the designated charities and credit to the lads who organised the day from both sides

What he said...
Posted by: blasty, March 7, 2009, 7:12pm; Reply: 499
What Big Chris said
And lets make sure we turn it around at their gaff. Can we take our own ref please!!!!  8)
Posted by: Sconeboy, March 7, 2009, 8:41pm; Reply: 500
Yeah we just need a bit more cutting edge next time! haha I can't see it Blasty!
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 7, 2009, 8:49pm; Reply: 501
Quoted from blasty
What Big Chris said
And lets make sure we turn it around at their gaff. Can we take our own ref please!!!!  8)

we bloody will be!
Posted by: Chopper_imp, March 7, 2009, 9:23pm; Reply: 502
Quoted from leicmariner
Did anyone film it are we gona see highlights :)

unlucky with the result but as town fans we all know its the taking part that counts.

Well done to everyone who took part anyway!!

We also had a lincoln fan film all of it.. He's got about 2hours of footage...

Posted by: wrighty88, March 7, 2009, 9:25pm; Reply: 503
when will it be out?or available to watch??or is there a website it all goes onto?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 7, 2009, 9:28pm; Reply: 504
Google video site be a couple of days...
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 7, 2009, 9:44pm; Reply: 505
http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=48&Page=1&sortdir=asc from a lincoln photographer so mainly lincoln but few of our lads featured.
Posted by: Dean, March 8, 2009, 11:47am; Reply: 506
http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=48&Page=1&sortdir=asc from a lincoln photographer so mainly lincoln but few of our lads featured.

If any of your lads want any of the photo's Jon they are more than happy to help themselves. I have also uploaded video the medal bit and MOTM awards, and have provided a link on the facebook site. Well played to everyone that took part.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1242024931&ref=name#/group.php?gid=47416449735&ref=mf
Posted by: LH, March 8, 2009, 12:25pm; Reply: 507
Alternate awards for yesterday -

Muckiest kit award - Londy and Gilly's shorts needed two washes to get the mud out of them!

Cleanest kit award - It's between me and Jord, I don't think either of us had any muck on our kit haha.
Posted by: LH, March 8, 2009, 2:22pm; Reply: 508
Can somebody do a report of the game for The Fishy please? Josh are the pics up yet? Seen a few on Facebook from one of them.
Posted by: Citymariner, March 8, 2009, 3:15pm; Reply: 509
Busy uploading at the moment 313 photos in all mate on to Facebook.

will post a few on here in a bit.
Posted by: Citymariner, March 8, 2009, 3:38pm; Reply: 510

Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 8, 2009, 5:40pm; Reply: 511
Quoted from Citymariner

Any chance of uploading a high resolution pic of this one mate? I'd like to print it off and frame it.

Posted by: theicenian, March 8, 2009, 5:50pm; Reply: 512
Quoted from 75

Any chance of uploading a high resolution pic of this one mate? I'd like to print it off and frame it.

I've been looking for evidence of airbrushing as Big Chris and the Vicar are looking much younger than I imgagined. ;) ;D

Posted by: Citymariner, March 8, 2009, 8:46pm; Reply: 513
Quoted from theicenian

I've been looking for evidence of airbrushing as Big Chris and the Vicar are looking much younger than I imgagined. ;) ;D

Took three hours of post processing in the digital darkroom. Only joking boys!

BP if you PM me your email address I will send you a full resolution version without the copyright.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 8, 2009, 10:48pm; Reply: 514
PM sent. Much appreciated.

UTM
Posted by: LH, March 8, 2009, 10:55pm; Reply: 515
Can you do prints Josh?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 8, 2009, 11:43pm; Reply: 516
http://www.telegrapharchives.co.uk/fotoweb/grid1.fwx?position=31&folderid=5000&columns=5&rows=3&search=(Grimsby%20Town)
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 8, 2009, 11:44pm; Reply: 517
for some reason that link hasnt worked.

On the the search section click on Grimsby Town on the common search page two has a full page of photos from yesterdays game
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 9, 2009, 6:32am; Reply: 518
First of all, I would like to thank Jon and all the organisers for such a great job in getting the match organised and all the work behind the scenes.Also to Chris and Blasty for doing such a good job in the trainings and the game itself.

Importantly though I want to thank all our players for giving it their all and you can't fault one players attitude or fight for what was a great battle against a good set of Lincoln lads.We deserved something out the game and they turned up expecting to hammer us but don't forget, its half time and I'm confident we can roll them over on their own turf and win the tie overall.Lets be said, we'd rather win it at Sincil Bank eh? ;)

I've met new friends through this and can't thank everyone enough for the effort put in on and off the pitch.

Hopefully we can get training organised early and get ready to win it.
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 9, 2009, 7:01am; Reply: 519
I think this is photo evidence that the Ref had a shocker,freekick my bottom!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=107133&id=500220588&l=080f8#/photo.php?pid=2699033&id=500220588
Posted by: Biggles999, March 9, 2009, 8:57am; Reply: 520
Why do all of my photos look like I have got constipation?? haha
Posted by: Sconeboy, March 9, 2009, 9:14am; Reply: 521
Mine have got me pulling faces on every single one haha!

And leon i had a clean kit because i didn't wanna mud up Chris Llywellyns shorts or however you spell it ;)
Posted by: Biggles999, March 9, 2009, 9:28am; Reply: 522
Where ave have the links to the facebook photos gone???
Posted by: diehardmariner, March 9, 2009, 11:48am; Reply: 523
Has anyone got a contact for Lincoln they're willing to pass on?

Lincoln have no real representation in the IFA and this area is a bit flat of local teams involved.  Apart from Scunny who are fairly inactive we only have Hull as a local game, after that it's S.Yorks sides.

Ta.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 9, 2009, 2:11pm; Reply: 524
http://www.thisisgrimsby.co.uk/news/Clubs-fans-united-good-causes/article-754635-detail/article.html
Posted by: tarka, March 9, 2009, 6:44pm; Reply: 525
Just thought I would take the opportunity to say a big thank you and well done to everyone who took part.  In some ways the money you raised is immaterial...it was the spirit in which the match was played that was important.  Special praise goes to the Lincoln no 10 who, apart from being a very good player, also had the longest throw I have seen for a long time!  Also to our man of the match....sorry, I've forgotten your name (I don't have time to trawl through the posts on here to find out!) but a very good performance.  And to vicar....lose a couple of stone mate (yes, I know that coming from me that is a bit rich) and get back into sunday league, because you have real ability.  Finally, thanks to Jon for his organisation, effort and commitment.

Dave
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 9, 2009, 6:50pm; Reply: 526
Quoted from tarka
Just thought I would take the opportunity to say a big thank you and well done to everyone who took part.  In some ways the money you raised is immaterial...it was the spirit in which the match was played that was important.  Special praise goes to the Lincoln no 10 who, apart from being a very good player, also had the longest throw I have seen for a long time!  Also to our man of the match....sorry, I've forgotten your name (I don't have time to trawl through the posts on here to find out!) but a very good performance.  And to vicar....lose a couple of stone mate (yes, I know that coming from me that is a bit rich) and get back into sunday league, because you have real ability.  Finally, thanks to Jon for his organisation, effort and commitment.

Dave

Luke O'hara.
Posted by: tarka, March 9, 2009, 6:52pm; Reply: 527
Sorry, well done Luke.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 9, 2009, 7:04pm; Reply: 528
Old age Dave, will you be playing for the Mariners in the return leg?  ;)
Posted by: tarka, March 9, 2009, 7:08pm; Reply: 529
For God's sake Jon, I'll be 50!
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 9, 2009, 7:13pm; Reply: 530
Adds to the challenge thats all ;D
Posted by: tarka, March 9, 2009, 7:22pm; Reply: 531
There's a challenge and then there's impossible!  
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 9, 2009, 11:42pm; Reply: 532
Quoted from tarka
back into sunday league, because you have real ability.

Cheers Dave, appreciate your kind words (despite the video!!). I play in the Sunday league already despite my extra poundage. I'm a goalie normally so my belly helps fill the goal! Haven't been playing the last 5/6 weeks. Went on holiday and the lad that replaced me did well so fair enough. And been struggling with daft little injuries, probably a mixture of being a lard bottom and getting on a bit.

Dunno about the rest of the lads but I can't wait for the second leg.

Get into em!
Posted by: Chopper_imp, March 10, 2009, 12:25am; Reply: 533
Has anyone got a contact for Lincoln they're willing to pass on?

Lincoln have no real representation in the IFA and this area is a bit flat of local teams involved.  Apart from Scunny who are fairly inactive we only have Hull as a local game, after that it's S.Yorks sides.

Ta.

matt.harris@redimps.com
Posted by: MarinerJosh, March 10, 2009, 8:27pm; Reply: 534
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=2699033&id=500220588#/photo.php?pid=2699056&id=500220588

To me that looks like a leg breaking challenge is on the way!!

(facial expression)
Posted by: lukeo, March 10, 2009, 8:51pm; Reply: 535
Thanks for the kind words  :)  2nd half i was a bit upset with myself because i couldn't get into the game. Until afterwards when your manager told me he explained to your lads to 'man mark' no14 and 'keep him out of the game'

Well done Jon and everyone involved in the commitee, was a pleasure to play with you all. It's nice to be able to put faces to names on here
Posted by: PontoonParker, March 11, 2009, 8:58pm; Reply: 536
He's Got A Big Nose,
He's Got A Big Nooooosssee
That Luke O'Hara,
He's Got A Big Nose.

Well Played Buddy,
And Well Done To Everyone That Took Part.
Lets Just Make Sure We Stuff Them In The Return Leg!
Posted by: lukeo, March 11, 2009, 9:06pm; Reply: 537
:o
Posted by: kitcleaner, March 12, 2009, 12:31am; Reply: 538
LH!
i recognise that tattoo!
so you know i've been pre-occupied with all this uni drinking bizz so never really made the transition from old fishy to new fishy. since being registered since the golden fishy years, is it possible for a place in the squad for the return leg. dont worry im not carrying a strongy belly ... yet, but the son of gaffer would reallllly appreciate the chance to play next time round.
by the way, what u clearing off to do in the army anyway?

Marky P 8)
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 12, 2009, 6:27pm; Reply: 539
Date Set for return leg
Posted by: Trumpeter Rich, March 12, 2009, 10:20pm; Reply: 540
when is it?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 12, 2009, 10:30pm; Reply: 541
Provisional 6th may
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 13, 2009, 11:24am; Reply: 542
What about if they make the play offs?  :P

Training starting shortly then?
Posted by: LH, March 13, 2009, 9:57pm; Reply: 543
Quoted from kitcleaner
LH!
i recognise that tattoo!

by the way, what u clearing off to do in the army RAF anyway?

Marky P 8)

RAF I'll have you know ;) and Avionics Technician (aircraft electricals for those who don't know)

6th of May - can't make, can't we do it in August when the pitch has been relaid? :(
Posted by: pseudonym, March 13, 2009, 10:15pm; Reply: 544
Quoted from lukeo
:o
Are you playing in the Scunthorpe v Grimsby musicians derby charity match ;D

Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 14, 2009, 8:05am; Reply: 545
Quoted from LH
6th of May - can't make, can't we do it in August when the pitch has been relaid? :(

I agree as I can't make it either. I'm playing at Blundell Park on the 6th May (if we don't go down - if we do I won't be able to go near the place or I may have lemming style killed myself).

Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 15, 2009, 4:30pm; Reply: 546
The 6th May is the date we will be playing, we dont have any other choices on this im afraid.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 15, 2009, 4:32pm; Reply: 547
The 6th May is the date we will be playing, we dont have any other choices on this im afraid.

Okay, I've plenty of time to decide I suppose.

Trouble is, you don't get the chance to play at Blundell Park every day either. Hmmmmmm.........
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 15, 2009, 4:35pm; Reply: 548
But your representing Grimsby at Sincil Bank, you never know the fixture list might allow us to play at BP next season....
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 15, 2009, 6:09pm; Reply: 549
I'm edging towards Sincil Bank. We have a job to do there and I don't want to let my teammates down.

When do you want the money in? I'm still collecting at the mo.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 15, 2009, 6:13pm; Reply: 550
The home game after gills please.
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 16, 2009, 6:10am; Reply: 551
You've played on BP before Padge and don't get the chance to turn Lincoln over on their own turf every week do you?

I'm in x
Posted by: lukeo, March 16, 2009, 10:57am; Reply: 552
Its a wednesday night?... looks like i need a shift change  :B
Posted by: LH, March 16, 2009, 11:25am; Reply: 553
I don't think the RAF do shift swaps so I'm out.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 16, 2009, 4:56pm; Reply: 554
Right just a quick update.

The game WILL be played on the 6th May on the condition Lincoln dont make the play-offs - So its confirmed for the 6th of May as there is no chance in hell they will make it.

Kick off will be either 7.15pm or 7.45pm.

We will try and provide 3 coaches:
1 for players and management leaving BP at 5.15
2 for supporters - family - friends leaving at 6pm

We have a replacement already for Leon if you deffo cant make it, we also have two others on standbye if anyone else cant make it which we hope all can.

If for any reason any others drop out the replacement will need to raise £75 like the rest.

Training will restart hopefully in 2 or 3 weeks at the moment im trying to organise sponsorship of clee fields so we dont have to pay for it, it will be monday 7pm to 8pm again.

Can all sponsorship money be collected for the home game on the 28th March please - Cheques need to be made out to fishy charities (no im not joking either) ;D
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 16, 2009, 5:12pm; Reply: 555
Highlights of the game:

First Half
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2308846451040063226&ei=xza-ScLFNoL8rgLF3oWjBg&q=tvstudies&emb=1
Second half
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2232874032694723948&ei=xza-ScLFNoL8rgLF3oWjBg&q=tvstudies&emb=1

They may be wrong way round not sure....but enjoy the commentary from Chris and Blasty
Posted by: cactus, March 16, 2009, 6:39pm; Reply: 556
The evening of 6th May?  I'm in, and this time we're winning.

I'm sure this will get decided nearer the time but (should the situation arise) will it be extra time or away goals or..?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 16, 2009, 6:50pm; Reply: 557
I was gonna say normal rules with away goals but given they scored three i think its about time we bended the rules abit so if iwe win by a single goal we will go to extra time and penaltys Unless its 4-3 or more then away goals count ;D ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Citymariner, March 16, 2009, 9:06pm; Reply: 558
We have made the front page!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/lincolnshire/in_pictures/sport/

as promised.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 16, 2009, 10:26pm; Reply: 559

Both second half mate. Same links. Quality play by the fat number 6 on 2min 22 secs!! ha-ha
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 17, 2009, 2:10am; Reply: 560
i'm still in  :) lets get a win this time
Posted by: LH, March 17, 2009, 10:35am; Reply: 561
Turns out I'm now in!
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 17, 2009, 1:36pm; Reply: 562
So your playing and thats a definate?
Posted by: BIGChris, March 17, 2009, 1:50pm; Reply: 563
So your playing and thats a definate?

I think the phrase you are looking for is 'available for selection'!!
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 17, 2009, 2:55pm; Reply: 564
I'm going to give up my Blundell Park dream to be part of our away win at Lincoln. I'm in very serious training and I will be a lot leaner and fitter by 6th May. I've decided if I can't lose two stone in 3 months I will hang up my boots (Sunday league wise).

Playing 3 times a week too. If any of you lads want to come down on a Tuesday night, let me know. It's just a kickabout, no team involved. We are playing at Hereford Astro Turf pitch tonight and every Tuesday Town aren't at home. You are all more than welcome.

8pm kick off, subs no more than £2.
Posted by: LH, March 17, 2009, 7:35pm; Reply: 565
Definitely available for selection.
Posted by: biggles9999, March 18, 2009, 7:52pm; Reply: 566
I am playing at Blundell Park on the 16th of May Padge....

going to be a good few weeks for me. Sincil Bank - then a weekend at Butlins with the football team - followed by Blundell Park the next Saturday
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 18, 2009, 7:54pm; Reply: 567
Quoted from biggles9999
I am playing at Blundell Park on the 16th of May Padge....

going to be a good few weeks for me. Sincil Bank - then a weekend at Butlins with the football team - followed by Blundell Park the next Saturday

I'm gutted to miss out on BP. I had to think long and hard but we have a job to do at Lincoln, I want to be a part of it. I know it's a big ask to win there as they are a good side and a good set of lads but I know we will all give everything we have, just like the home game.
Posted by: biggles9999, March 18, 2009, 7:57pm; Reply: 568
If there are any spaces on my day at BP then I will drop you a line mate.

Its 15 quid but all money is for charity. Obv I cant make any promises though - its supposed to be a college staff thing
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 18, 2009, 9:15pm; Reply: 569
Quoted from biggles9999
If there are any spaces on my day at BP then I will drop you a line mate.

Its 15 quid but all money is for charity. Obv I cant make any promises though - its supposed to be a college staff thing

Thanks mate. Appreciate that.
Posted by: Sconeboy, March 23, 2009, 11:26pm; Reply: 570
I'm available
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 25, 2009, 8:29pm; Reply: 571
Training to restart a week on monday same time same place.

No new players are required as all have confirmed their availabilty so we will be playing with the sam 18.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 25, 2009, 8:49pm; Reply: 572
I should be a bit fitter. Been hammering the gym and playing lots of football.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 25, 2009, 9:09pm; Reply: 573
Ooooo I quit smoking to help - Sunday - Fridays though and the odd Tuesday and Wednesday every so often.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 25, 2009, 10:07pm; Reply: 574
Seeing as im mascot  ;D do i need a actual kit, unlike last time?
Posted by: NewtoN, March 26, 2009, 8:21am; Reply: 575
glad to hear we get atleast 4 weeks training in before the next game, can we try and sandwich in a friendly or 2 aswell jon by any chance?

see you all on monday :)
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 26, 2009, 10:38am; Reply: 576
I won't be at the first training but there for the others lads.

Love Skipper x
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 26, 2009, 3:48pm; Reply: 577
We have a friendly arranged for the monday before the game.....Not divulging more information yet.... ;)
Posted by: BIGChris, March 26, 2009, 7:20pm; Reply: 578
I won't be at the first training but there for the others lads.

Love EX Skipper x

Posted by: pseudonym, March 26, 2009, 7:40pm; Reply: 579
Quoted from NewtoN
glad to hear we get atleast 4 weeks training in before the next game, can we try and sandwich in a friendly or 2 aswell jon by any chance?

Thought you said "Can we try a sandwich" ;D. Diet again Potter.

Posted by: pseudonym, March 26, 2009, 7:41pm; Reply: 580
Quoted from BIGChris

You've made lumpsleftbreast look a right mammary now !! ;D

Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 26, 2009, 9:12pm; Reply: 581
I'm sure I can sort a friendly or two out if you lads are up for it? Perhaps even in training against Abatis?
Posted by: barralad, March 26, 2009, 10:45pm; Reply: 582
Quoted from NewtoN

There you go. Talking about food again. When will it ever end! :o
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 27, 2009, 4:41am; Reply: 583
i'm going to miss at least two training sessions as i'll be going home for easter
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 27, 2009, 10:03am; Reply: 584
Lol Thanks Chris!
Posted by: NewtoN, March 27, 2009, 12:37pm; Reply: 585
Quoted from barralad

There you go. Talking about food again. When will it ever end! :o

i just can't help myself barra :P

i just want to get back into training so my passing will be crisp and possibly be able to chip a few balls into the box.

;D
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 27, 2009, 4:33pm; Reply: 586
Just a reminder to everyone who hasnt already paid sponsorship as of yet, its due in Tomorrow, if you cant pay it in tomorrow please pm me asap.

Ill be in imp pre-match so shall be about somewhere from 1ish.

The cheques need to made to the fishy charities if anyone is paying via cheque.

For those who paid on the day and didnt give a sponsorship form we need one from you or a total amount raised please just so we can give a break down of all monies recieved.
Posted by: biggles9999, March 28, 2009, 10:01am; Reply: 587
I wont be able to make at least 1 of the training sessions. The 6th is a definite that I will miss and I think there is another 1 in there that I am due to miss another but cant remember the date atm so will let you know nearer the time.

I have a suspicion Jon that my form has been 'tidied' away with some paperwork at work. I will have a look - do you want me to get another form and get it signed by people again if I have lost it?
Posted by: cactus, March 29, 2009, 11:49pm; Reply: 588
I've got the forms at work, will pass them to you at training although can't train this week as am at work until silly o'clock.
Posted by: NewtoN, March 30, 2009, 12:12pm; Reply: 589
so we are down 3 tonight so far
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 30, 2009, 12:27pm; Reply: 590
The first session is next monday not tonight, sorry for and confusion, im gonna try and get an extra training session booked for the thursday or friday before the match, instead.
Posted by: NewtoN, March 30, 2009, 12:28pm; Reply: 591
The first session is next monday not tonight, sorry for and confusion, im gonna try and get an extra training session booked for the thursday or friday before the match, instead.

Ok then Jon, fair dooze
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, March 30, 2009, 12:40pm; Reply: 592
I knew what you meant mate!

What about bank holiday Monday?

Presume we won't have one because of Notts County game?
Posted by: biggles9999, March 30, 2009, 2:21pm; Reply: 593
I wont be able to make the first training session then (06/04/09) as I have other things alreayd booked I am afraid. As Toddy says I assume that we wont have a training session on bank holiday Monday?
Posted by: LH, March 30, 2009, 3:02pm; Reply: 594
We have the added bonus of daylight now as well - is it the end of the world to go on Bradley Pitches for an hour extra one night a week?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 30, 2009, 3:40pm; Reply: 595
Quoted from LH
We have the added bonus of daylight now as well - is it the end of the world to go on Bradley Pitches for an hour extra one night a week?

Not at all, good idea really, final say is down to gaffa though. Would it be worthwhile have a few sessions on there and putting a net up? (i presume they leave the goal posts still up?)
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, March 30, 2009, 4:29pm; Reply: 596
I wont be able to make the first two as i'm going back to stoke for easter
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 30, 2009, 4:37pm; Reply: 597

Not at all, good idea really, final say is down to gaffa though. Would it be worthwhile have a few sessions on there and putting a net up? (i presume they leave the goal posts still up?)

Our Sunday league season is over now (well early but we've played all our games) so I'm only playing Monday and Tuesdays at the moment. I'd welcome another kick about so I'm up for it.
Posted by: biggles9999, March 30, 2009, 8:14pm; Reply: 598
Just read in the other thread that TJ has an injury? I know we shouldnt worry about there players but he did stand out as the best player on the park for my mind, so it would be good if he was struggling.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 30, 2009, 10:06pm; Reply: 599
Hes winding us up, he said it yesterday in the cinema, so i said thats fine ill get him a replacement and he then said not to worry he will be fine...
Posted by: 75 (Guest), March 30, 2009, 10:13pm; Reply: 600
If he has a calf strain I'm bloody sure he should recover in 5 weeks! Yeah, let's play on a Wed/Thursday too? Bradley would be okay if we start at 6.30?
Posted by: Chopper_imp, March 31, 2009, 3:37pm; Reply: 601
The match has been confirmed that the kick off will be 7:00pm.
The bar will be open in the execs lounge at the ground.
Entry will be via the Foxes Exec Stairs, and tickets can be bought for the game.
We shall be sending some over to the cods team.

Adults £2 - Childs £1...

It is hoped that each team can bring 5 people to support them?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 31, 2009, 4:35pm; Reply: 602
Quoted from Chopper_imp
The match has been confirmed that the kick off will be 7:00pm.
The bar will be open in the execs lounge at the ground.
Entry will be via the Foxes Exec Stairs, and tickets can be bought for the game.
We shall be sending some over to the cods team.

Adults £2 - Childs £1...

It is hoped that each team can bring 5 people to support them?

Nope its not confirmed were going back to the club regarding this.
Posted by: Chopper_imp, March 31, 2009, 10:36pm; Reply: 603
no it confirmed!

7-00
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 31, 2009, 11:08pm; Reply: 604
Quoted from Chopper_imp
no it confirmed!

7-00

Hate to disappoint ya chopper but wre going back to Dave and Steff on Thursday regarding this.
Posted by: Chopper_imp, March 31, 2009, 11:18pm; Reply: 605
Unless you want to play in the dark, as the club are supplying the pitch for free.. I dont think we can afford the lights as it costs the club alot!
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, March 31, 2009, 11:19pm; Reply: 606
Quoted from Chopper_imp
Unless you want to play in the dark, as the club are supplying the pitch for free.. I dont think we can afford the lights as it costs the club alot!

Weve got a few more things lined up now that will be discussed with the club which will make them abit of money so they wont be losing owt...
Posted by: Chopper_imp, March 31, 2009, 11:24pm; Reply: 607
Ok, please keep me informed..
Posted by: LH, April 2, 2009, 12:37pm; Reply: 608
What happens in the event of the aggregate scores being level at the end of the 90 minutes at Sincil Bank?
Posted by: BIGChris, April 2, 2009, 1:05pm; Reply: 609
Don't think i am available for training this coming Monday
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 2, 2009, 4:13pm; Reply: 610
Quoted from LH
What happens in the event of the aggregate scores being level at the end of the 90 minutes at Sincil Bank?

Extra Time - Penalty's
Posted by: LH, April 2, 2009, 7:19pm; Reply: 611
No away goals rule or anything then?
Posted by: 75 (Guest), April 2, 2009, 8:38pm; Reply: 612
Quoted from LH
No away goals rule or anything then?

Nah, they've got three already  ;)
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, April 3, 2009, 2:17am; Reply: 613
so if they've got three just means we have to score four (sorry American football mentality popping in there)
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 3, 2009, 3:58pm; Reply: 614
A couple of things...

The kick off time is confirmed for 7-30pm and will stay at that time.

This Monday's training session is to be cancelled due to a few people including myself not being able to make it.

To make up for the missed sessions can people put what day would be best to do a few extra training sessions, im thinking bradley pitches possibly(?) 7pm - 8pm each week and then the normal one at Clee Fields.

Personally i would prefer Friday's as i work everyday minus the weekends now - so would struggle to get down on a weeknight.

Lastly but not leastly, as i mentioned earlier in the thread on May 4th we will be having a pre-match - match. All players please ensure if there is one session you are not to miss, make it this one.
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, April 3, 2009, 4:01pm; Reply: 615
Fridays good for me too.

Are we cancelling bank holiday sesh then?
Posted by: LH, April 3, 2009, 4:06pm; Reply: 616
We're playing a match 48 hours before we play the proper match?

Any day, I don't do much else anyway.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 3, 2009, 4:07pm; Reply: 617
We are playing a match 48 hours before, its against a select 11 from the telewag and a few other people....
Posted by: 75 (Guest), April 3, 2009, 5:08pm; Reply: 618
We are playing a match 48 hours before, its against a select 11 from the telewag and a few other people....

Bad idea mate. I'm 33 and take 3 days to get over a game (seriously!). Maybe 20-30 mins for me then?
Also, not keen on the Friday idea, it's a pound a pint in Chambers on Fridays and I need to fill my boots.
Posted by: LH, April 3, 2009, 10:14pm; Reply: 619
Post training pints? Team builder!
Posted by: barralad, April 3, 2009, 10:59pm; Reply: 620
so if they've got three just means we have to score four (sorry American football mentality popping in there)

Well at least in American football you have about 5 bloody hours to score 4 bloody goals....
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, April 4, 2009, 12:49am; Reply: 621
not 5 just four at most if its passing game  ;)
Posted by: 75 (Guest), April 4, 2009, 1:56am; Reply: 622
not 5 just four at most if its passing game  ;)

Ameivsn footy is shite, drunk, excrement, aye, still shitye. UTM
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, April 4, 2009, 12:04pm; Reply: 623
lol it is to watch i would aagree but theres nothing more fun then throwing your self me being around 15 stone, helmet first into a guys unprotected knee when your a little frustrated  :P
Posted by: PontoonParker, April 7, 2009, 1:14pm; Reply: 624
Is an official training day not set yet then??
or are we going to do mondays after the bank holiday?

i haven't been on here for a while,
so i've missed the discussion!

i'm looking forward to the return leg.
think i'll perform alot better now aswell.
seeing as i know what i'm up against!
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, April 7, 2009, 1:31pm; Reply: 625
You'll be fine Parks.

I think training is pencilled in for a week on Monday.
Posted by: LH, April 7, 2009, 3:42pm; Reply: 626
Might be doing something on Friday nights on Bradley Pitches.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), April 8, 2009, 5:31pm; Reply: 627
I have a problem with my ankle. Don't know if I'll make the game, in fact it may be time to hang my boots up coz I'm in agony after games. It's troubled me for a few years since I tore the ligaments and gradually got worse. I can hardly move during games either now (nothing new eh?) and it's swelling up like a football. Will deffo miss tomorrows session, probably Mondays. drunk off as I have been working hard at the gym but I can't use the treadmill or anything that impacts my ankle.

Will do my best to play on May 6th but if it's obvious I will be a liability I'll let the gaffer know ASAP.
Posted by: NewtoN, April 8, 2009, 5:34pm; Reply: 628
Hope your ankle is better very soon vicar,would hate to see you miss out the return leg!
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, April 8, 2009, 10:35pm; Reply: 629
yeah hope you get better soon vicar
Posted by: 75 (Guest), April 8, 2009, 10:43pm; Reply: 630
Cheers. If I can play on the 6th I reckon I will hang my boots up after that. No more Sunday league will mean at least the missus will stop giving me Sunday morning ear ache!
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, April 9, 2009, 10:15am; Reply: 631
Thats sad to hear mate.

Just rest up and see how you feel come May.

Also, was thinking, how about having Monday training at Bradley too?

Don't have to pay subs then and we can carry on until it gets dark?
Posted by: LH, April 9, 2009, 10:33am; Reply: 632
I agree with that. Are we training tomorrow night?
Posted by: NewtoN, April 9, 2009, 10:34am; Reply: 633
i'm up for training tomorrow night! :)
Posted by: PontoonParker, April 9, 2009, 1:03pm; Reply: 634
i dont mind training tomorrow tonight.
could do with it to be honest.
carrying a few slight knocks though.
that i could do with running off!

as long as theirs an official announcement
with regards to training definately being on,
i shall be there :)
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, April 9, 2009, 2:43pm; Reply: 635
I'm not at work tommorow and wont get online in time for tommorow so if we have it, Newts can you pop in shop and get my number from Wayne?
Posted by: NewtoN, April 9, 2009, 3:01pm; Reply: 636
I'm not at work tommorow and wont get online in time for tommorow so if we have it, Newts can you pop in shop and get my number from Wayne?

will do mate
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 9, 2009, 3:56pm; Reply: 637
I cant make tomorrow night, but if everyone or the majority can make it than i dont see why you dont have one at bradley...Im at LCFC training tonight, so will make up for me not going to ours.

As for training on a monday, is there anyone else who thinks it will be a good idea to have it on bradley?
Surely getting pitch practice rather than grass would be better.
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, April 9, 2009, 3:58pm; Reply: 638
I'm up for it if the majority go because I can't be bothered to turn up if we have about 5 going.

Bradley gets the vote for me x
Posted by: Trumpeter Rich, April 9, 2009, 4:29pm; Reply: 639
bradley sounds good to me
Posted by: PontoonParker, April 9, 2009, 7:39pm; Reply: 640
if enough go
i'll turn up tomorrow.
what time though?
Posted by: LH, April 9, 2009, 8:19pm; Reply: 641
Right then, let's have training tomorrow. 6pm?
Posted by: PontoonParker, April 9, 2009, 9:34pm; Reply: 642
quick roll call to see who can make it then?
6pm.
Bradley Pitches.

(where abouts?!)
Posted by: LH, April 9, 2009, 9:52pm; Reply: 643
Meet at the gate where you'd normally drive in. Jon can you send out an email to everyone please?

Has anybody got a net and some bibs?
Posted by: 75 (Guest), April 9, 2009, 9:57pm; Reply: 644
Quoted from LH
Meet at the gate where you'd normally drive in. Jon can you send out an email to everyone please?

Has anybody got a net and some bibs?

I have bibs if someone wants to pop round and collect them.
Posted by: Trumpeter Rich, April 9, 2009, 10:42pm; Reply: 645
me and gilly wont be there as we had already made plans
Posted by: LH, April 9, 2009, 10:42pm; Reply: 646
Gay.
Posted by: BIGChris, April 10, 2009, 3:20pm; Reply: 647
I  am refereeing tonight after being 4th official at the Junior Cup Final this morning. Cracking game with some real quality goals
Posted by: lukeo, April 10, 2009, 3:46pm; Reply: 648
did i miss something?  ;D
Posted by: BIGChris, April 10, 2009, 4:06pm; Reply: 649
It seems the Gimps are again changing the rules!!

From day one we were told we had to select from lads who were registered posters on the respective sites. The Imps decided they would select who they wanted.

For the return leg we are again intending to stick to the rules in that the same squads would play. I see the Gimps again are involved in a recruitment programme!!

It would be easy for us to discard some of the squad from the first leg and bring in some 'superstars' in  a desperate attempt to win but being from Grimsby we seem to have more of a sense of fair play than our country cousins!!

I am seriously considering standing down and let Blasty take the reins. They are just taking the urine

http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=150737
Posted by: lukeo, April 10, 2009, 4:20pm; Reply: 650
i am enclined not to turn up for this excrement ..... f-cking boring
Posted by: Northy69er, April 10, 2009, 4:31pm; Reply: 651
If any spaces become available for this game, i'd be more than happy to participate and play a part in beating the gimps. I understand sponsorship needs to be paid, this wouldnt be a problem.

UTM
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 10, 2009, 4:45pm; Reply: 652
Wooooo Chris Andy Helgyson, does post on their he also posts on here. Ryan Flarhety was the ryan we had the fuss over last time, they will have the same 15 players just Andy will be an extra player to make up numbers.

No one else will be joining.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), April 11, 2009, 9:19am; Reply: 653
Quoted from Northy69er
If any spaces become available for this game, i'd be more than happy to participate and play a part in beating the gimps. I understand sponsorship needs to be paid, this wouldnt be a problem.

UTM

If our midfield can get the ball to you then you'd have an absolute field day at this level if you are Danny. Wouldn't if I was you mate as your job is a footballer and you need a new contract / perhaps new club (which would urine me off) and the last thing you need is a bunch of twits trying to break you legs.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), April 11, 2009, 9:21am; Reply: 654
Wooooo Chris Andy Helgyson, does post on their he also posts on here. Ryan Flarhety was the ryan we had the fuss over last time, they will have the same 15 players just Andy will be an extra player to make up numbers.

No one else will be joining.

Helgy eh? Aye, posted several time on here. Whatever, we'll do our best whatever is put in front of us.
Posted by: 75 (Guest), April 11, 2009, 9:28am; Reply: 655
Quoted from BIGChris
It seems the Gimps are again changing the rules!!

From day one we were told we had to select from lads who were registered posters on the respective sites. The Imps decided they would select who they wanted.

For the return leg we are again intending to stick to the rules in that the same squads would play. I see the Gimps again are involved in a recruitment programme!!

It would be easy for us to discard some of the squad from the first leg and bring in some 'superstars' in  a desperate attempt to win but being from Grimsby we seem to have more of a sense of fair play than our country cousins!!

I am seriously considering standing down and let Blasty take the reins. They are just taking the urine

http://www.lincoln.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=150737

Don't do it boss. We need you. I will concede they probably have a better squad at their disposal but I will tell you now, we have Grimsby grit that many of the GTFC side lack (at least a couple of months ago). We will give absolutely everything to a man to turn the game around and win at their place. We need our gaffer so keep your head up, get stuck in and we will win at Sincil bank. Will be glorious when we outbattle them. I'd man mark TJ too. UTM
Posted by: 75 (Guest), April 11, 2009, 9:33am; Reply: 656
Sorry for the string of posts but can we have some rules for the away game? Away goals? Penalties if we are level etc? Needs sorting.
Posted by: Chopper_imp, April 11, 2009, 10:00am; Reply: 657
Quoted from 75
Sorry for the string of posts but can we have some rules for the away game? Away goals? Penalties if we are level etc? Needs sorting.

Yes, we need to sort out whether it will be away goals? or extra time??

I think we have a poll on both forums, and the final answer should happen..
Posted by: Chopper_imp, April 11, 2009, 10:04am; Reply: 658
Quoted from 75

Posted by: Tj AKA skipper, April 11, 2009, 12:44pm; Reply: 659
alright lads, just had to make an account on here because my ears were burning, i hear there has been a lot of chat bout me lol
how u all doin?
Posted by: 75 (Guest), April 11, 2009, 1:08pm; Reply: 660
Spot on mate, you good self?
Posted by: Tj AKA skipper, April 11, 2009, 1:12pm; Reply: 661
yeah im sound ta BP, you lads gearing up for the big clash? it should be loads better on that pitch, and whats the crack with tryin to get me man marked mr lol
Posted by: lukeo, April 11, 2009, 5:36pm; Reply: 662
lose a couple of your quality players then there will be a good game ...  :)
Posted by: Tj AKA skipper, April 11, 2009, 6:05pm; Reply: 663
we aint got any quality players flower lol
Posted by: Tj AKA skipper, April 11, 2009, 6:06pm; Reply: 664
not that we can afford to lose anyway lol
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 11, 2009, 7:57pm; Reply: 665
Away goals do not count. Extra time will be played if the results remain level.

TJ are you not gonna announce your big sky PR idea?
Posted by: Helgy, April 11, 2009, 10:42pm; Reply: 666
Quoted from 75

Helgy eh? Aye, posted several time on here. Whatever, we'll do our best whatever is put in front of us.

I did the bike ride but was not able to play the first game ,i don't think that you will have to worry about me i quit playing 3 years ago and have trained only at a gym since.
It's my last hurrah to bow out at the bank , my mums a GY fan so she will be cheering you lot on lol.
Posted by: Tj AKA skipper, April 12, 2009, 1:40am; Reply: 667
I have done a thread on here about it, I've sent an e-mail to Soccer AM about the possibility of getting 4 of you Codheads and 4 of our lot on as fans of the week, it will give us a lot more publicity and maybe a few extra pennies, I haven't heard anything back yet but i will keep you updated, i wouldn't av thought their will be a reply before tuesday with it being a bank holiday and all that but we will see, oh yeah and 1 final thing away goals won't matter because we gonna win 4-0, think i might help myself to a hat-trick, im due a goal lol
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 12, 2009, 7:21am; Reply: 668
I saw the thread not  long after i posted about it.
Posted by: biggles9999, April 13, 2009, 12:34pm; Reply: 669
dont know if you have already had 4 volunteers but id be up for going down
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, April 14, 2009, 4:41am; Reply: 670
Yeah I'd be up for that too.

Look guys, it doesn't matter who they've got playing for them!
They may have a better squad in peoples opinions but anything can happen on the day and I'd rather be under dogs!

Not long to go so we need everyone at training Monday.
Posted by: Biggles999, April 14, 2009, 9:17am; Reply: 671
Did any training get planned for another night during the week at all?
Posted by: LH, April 14, 2009, 11:19am; Reply: 672
Yeah, I think we agreed Friday nights would be best.
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, April 14, 2009, 11:23am; Reply: 673
So how about we start Friday night then?
Posted by: LH, April 14, 2009, 11:34am; Reply: 674
6pm alright with everyone?
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, April 14, 2009, 11:44am; Reply: 675
6.30 would be better for me, don't finish work till 5.30.
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, April 14, 2009, 12:25pm; Reply: 676
Forget that I'll get my bottom there for 6.
Posted by: Biggles999, April 14, 2009, 12:50pm; Reply: 677
Would anybody be able to give me a lift from Fairmont Road and back again?
Posted by: lukeo, April 15, 2009, 12:42pm; Reply: 678
I NEED THE NIGHT OFF WORK, it's to late to book a holiday, have you had a word with the management at Asda yet?
Posted by: PontoonParker, April 15, 2009, 2:44pm; Reply: 679
6pm is fine with me.
but could we have a seperate thread at some time this week?
just for the fishy players,
so we can actually see who's gonna turn up
and who isn't.
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, April 15, 2009, 2:52pm; Reply: 680
yeah i agree i'm confused over when we are training and when we're not now
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 15, 2009, 3:11pm; Reply: 681
Quoted from lukeo
I NEED THE NIGHT OFF WORK, it's to late to book a holiday, have you had a word with the management at Asda yet?

Luke - Nope were not liasing with them no more.

Training, ill try and confirm today for Monday night.
Posted by: Biggles999, April 15, 2009, 3:26pm; Reply: 682
yeah i agree i'm confused over when we are training and when we're not now

I think that it boils down to this:

Training at Bradley Pitches, 6pm Friday evenings. Meet at the gated entrance.

Jon is going to confirm when and where Monday night training will commence.
Posted by: lukeo, April 15, 2009, 5:15pm; Reply: 683
i will do my best to get someone to cover my night then  :o
Posted by: Chopper_imp, April 16, 2009, 12:53am; Reply: 684
I'm gutted........

I had a phone call this morning from Lincoln Hospital.. I've been given an appointment on the 27th April to have my tonsils out.. I'm absolutely gutted to not be able to play, as i missed 78minutes of the first game due to injury! It really has peed me off!

So i've approached a Lincoln Vital poster, who asked if anyone dropped out if he could fill in.. I'm awaiting for his reply..

I really want to play for my football club.. Maybe next year!!!!!
Posted by: BIGChris, April 16, 2009, 9:52am; Reply: 685
Quoted from Chopper_imp

So i've approached a Lincoln Vital poster, who asked if anyone dropped out if he could fill in.. I'm awaiting for his reply..

!!!!!

No doubt an ex Brazilian International will have posted on the site at some stage
Posted by: Helgy, April 16, 2009, 11:06am; Reply: 686
How did you know that BigChris.
Posted by: Chopper_imp, April 16, 2009, 12:10pm; Reply: 687
Chris, can you put together some words for me please so i can put them in the programme??
Posted by: ska face, April 16, 2009, 5:01pm; Reply: 688
Quoted from Chopper_imp
I'm gutted........

I had a phone call this morning from Lincoln Hospital.. I've been given an appointment on the 27th April to have my tonsils out.. I'm absolutely gutted to not be able to play, as i missed 78minutes of the first game due to injury! It really has peed me off!

Get some knackers and start an IFA team, you flange!

:)
Posted by: lukeo, April 16, 2009, 5:38pm; Reply: 689
agree with Ska Face ... It's great puting a town shirt on and playing ...
Posted by: 75 (Guest), April 16, 2009, 5:41pm; Reply: 690
Quoted from Chopper_imp
I'm gutted........

27th April? Tonsils? You'd have over a week to recover!! A Grimbarian would be up and about playing keepy uppy by the end of the day. Dearie me, these southern boys eh?
Posted by: Chopper_imp, April 16, 2009, 6:53pm; Reply: 691
Quoted from ska face

Get some knackers and start an IFA team, you flange!

:)

TBH, we have spoke about it.. maybe something for the future
Posted by: Chopper_imp, April 16, 2009, 6:53pm; Reply: 692
Quoted from 75

27th April? Tonsils? You'd have over a week to recover!! A Grimbarian would be up and about playing keepy uppy by the end of the day. Dearie me, these southern boys eh?

haha.. The ENT Surgeon said i'm not allowed to do owt for 10days to a week..
Posted by: 75 (Guest), April 16, 2009, 7:21pm; Reply: 693
Quoted from Chopper_imp

haha.. The ENT Surgeon said i'm not allowed to do owt for 10days to a week..

Just don't control the ball with your inner throat and you'll be fine mate.
Posted by: Trumpeter Rich, April 16, 2009, 10:00pm; Reply: 694
wouldnt it be a week to 10 days.....
Posted by: 75 (Guest), April 16, 2009, 10:03pm; Reply: 695
Quoted from Trumpeter Rich
wouldnt it be a week to 10 days.....

Aye, my thoughts exactly. These lads need to get some Grimbarian cod down their necks. Might as well be cockneys, that far south.
Posted by: Chopper_imp, April 16, 2009, 10:32pm; Reply: 696
LOL thats the one..
Posted by: diehardmariner, April 16, 2009, 11:40pm; Reply: 697
Quoted from Chopper_imp

TBH, we have spoke about it.. maybe something for the future

I asked for a contact e-mail address to get you lads in the IFA after the original game last month, no-one got back to me on the given address.

Even if you only play 2 games a season it's something and the tournaments are quality stuff.
Posted by: Tj AKA skipper, April 17, 2009, 12:08am; Reply: 698
get yourself sorted chopper we need to get in the bigtime lol we could beat the cods more than twice lol KISSES
Posted by: Chopper_imp, April 17, 2009, 12:11am; Reply: 699
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/photo.php?pid=1567803&id=504276357&ref=mf

Front page of the programme is sorted!
Posted by: Trumpeter Rich, April 17, 2009, 12:16am; Reply: 700
do you/we think that many people are actually going to turn up?
Posted by: Chopper_imp, April 17, 2009, 12:27am; Reply: 701
Who knows.. We've seperated 400 tickets out between our team and asked to sell them all..

Your fans can pay on the night..
Posted by: lukeo, April 18, 2009, 6:25am; Reply: 702
GOOD NEWS:
I have got the wednesday night off

BAD NEWS:
Cant make any training sessions on a Monday
Posted by: LH, April 18, 2009, 12:06pm; Reply: 703
Should be fine as long as you make it to Friday sessions Luke.
Posted by: Sconeboy, April 21, 2009, 9:56am; Reply: 704
Do the players get any tickets to sell / give away ?
Posted by: Biggles999, April 21, 2009, 10:31am; Reply: 705
As far as I know the tickets for any Town fans are only available to be bought on the day.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 21, 2009, 11:05am; Reply: 706
I will be getting 100 tickets on Thursday, most will be given away for promo purposes, but if anyone wants any to sell let me know how many and ill get them for you.
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, April 21, 2009, 11:12am; Reply: 707
I want one to put with the rest of my ticket stubs  :)
Posted by: Sconeboy, April 21, 2009, 12:09pm; Reply: 708
Can I get five ?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 21, 2009, 12:19pm; Reply: 709
Quoted Text
if anyone wants any to sell let me know how many and ill get them for you

Quoted from Sconeboy
Can I get five ?

Ill give them to Zac on Saturday, just to make one thing clear as ive just had a text asking if they are to be sold, all tickets given to players must be sold, the free tickets are for sponsorship purposes from companies and media personnel only, not for members of playing staff's family's or friends.

Ticket allocation's are to be vetted by LCFC.
Posted by: Sconeboy, April 21, 2009, 12:21pm; Reply: 710
No probs
Posted by: lukeo, April 21, 2009, 12:30pm; Reply: 711
uuuhh i feel all professional  :P i will need 5 tickets i think  :-/
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 21, 2009, 12:31pm; Reply: 712
Let us know asap Luke will be giving the majority away so need to know how many our players need
Posted by: lukeo, April 21, 2009, 12:34pm; Reply: 713
ok mate will find out tonight
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 21, 2009, 1:09pm; Reply: 714
Lincoln have now had their second friendly cancelled, Echo unable to raise a squad, this comes after a LCFC back room squad also pulled out.
Posted by: Biggles999, April 21, 2009, 1:13pm; Reply: 715
Who is involved in the friendly we are playing in?
Posted by: lukeo, April 21, 2009, 1:17pm; Reply: 716
when is it
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 21, 2009, 1:17pm; Reply: 717
Quoted from Biggles999
Who is involved in the friendly we are playing in?

all should be confirmed on here tomorrow night.
Posted by: NewtoN, April 21, 2009, 3:53pm; Reply: 718
jon i'll need 2 atleast!
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, April 21, 2009, 4:07pm; Reply: 719
I have no one coming to watch me  :o
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 21, 2009, 4:14pm; Reply: 720
Is this where we pretend to be shocked? ;D ;D ;D
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, April 21, 2009, 4:16pm; Reply: 721
No not really.

Ah well at least they won't get to see my air shots  ;D
Posted by: lukeo, April 21, 2009, 4:18pm; Reply: 722
"in the airrrr "
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, April 21, 2009, 4:19pm; Reply: 723
Its a trademark  ;D
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 21, 2009, 6:21pm; Reply: 724
I think for some very strange reason in about 48hrs some very strong mind games will start.
Posted by: Lumpsleftbreast, April 22, 2009, 9:33am; Reply: 725
I couldn't care less about all the who ha and just concentrating on the game.
Posted by: tomb, April 22, 2009, 5:11pm; Reply: 726
::) ;)
Posted by: Helgy, April 22, 2009, 5:53pm; Reply: 727
Mind games  lol , LM the Alex Ferguson of L2?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 22, 2009, 5:56pm; Reply: 728
I aint said a word, Wait till 8pm tonight when it gets put out into the limelight...
Posted by: Helgy, April 22, 2009, 8:01pm; Reply: 729
where and are you going to venture  down to the bank tonight.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 22, 2009, 8:09pm; Reply: 730
Might venture, dunno at mo...
Posted by: Helgy, April 22, 2009, 8:11pm; Reply: 731
Just to pick up some tickets.
Posted by: LH, April 22, 2009, 8:14pm; Reply: 732
What's the news Jon?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 22, 2009, 8:21pm; Reply: 733
All tickets have gone apperently, need to go down to sinny male masturbation tomorrow to get more.

Erm nowt much just chris did a lil piece...on grimsby vital site
Posted by: LH, April 22, 2009, 8:29pm; Reply: 734
Getting excited now. This time in two weeks it'll be half time and we'll be 4 - 0 up thanks to 4 of my goals ;)
Posted by: sonofmadeleymariner, April 22, 2009, 9:39pm; Reply: 735
are pigs going to be flying twice in the same year then  ;)
Posted by: Biggles999, April 23, 2009, 10:41am; Reply: 736
http://www.grimsby.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=151921

Love the lil digs Chris.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 23, 2009, 3:56pm; Reply: 737
Due to the first 200 tickets selling, ive had to order more tickets and wont be available till training monday, so for anyone due to get them Saturday, they wont be available.
Posted by: LH, April 23, 2009, 6:37pm; Reply: 738
Can I have 5 please Jon?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 23, 2009, 6:38pm; Reply: 739
Ill be bringing the majority on Monday, any left after Monday unless asked by player's will be given away - a list will be produced of who takes what and the money from these must be paid on May 6th.

Please remember it is also pay on the night so tickets are not essential, they must only be requested if people plan on paying for them.
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 23, 2009, 6:39pm; Reply: 740
Quoted from LH
Can I have 5 please Jon?

Adults? Kids/Concessions?

They will be checked on the night by the way.
Posted by: LH, April 23, 2009, 6:44pm; Reply: 741
Adults. They are kids but it all goes in the pot doesn't it?
Posted by: lincolnsmariner, April 23, 2009, 6:55pm; Reply: 742
Quoted from LH
Adults. They are kids but it all goes in the pot doesn't it?

Yup
Posted by: 1054 (Guest), April 29, 2009, 12:39am; Reply: 743
is this post really still on the sticky?  is this not about a charity match you boys (charitably) held a long time ago. to be honest it feels a bit exclusive in the world of internetdom to have this post as a sticky this long after. . . think "royston vasey. . . thst pub in american weirwolf in london. . . "  talking as a new poster to this site supported us all season H/A wondering what am gonna do after Macc!!?. . . in london!
Posted by: 75 (Guest), April 29, 2009, 8:09am; Reply: 744
We haven't played the second leg yet. We play on 6th May at Lincoln's ground.
Posted by: Biggles999, April 29, 2009, 9:58am; Reply: 745
The team is also likely to play more charity games afterwards...as I believe as been previously mentioned
Posted by: 1054 (Guest), April 29, 2009, 7:59pm; Reply: 746
oh right, stand corrected, didn't take the time to go through the fifty pages.  keep up the good work utm
Posted by: lukeo, April 30, 2009, 6:29am; Reply: 747
i am not going to ask for tickets dunno if anyone or how many will be coming to watch .. so if they do will be easier to get them to pay on gate  :)
Posted by: Biggles999, April 30, 2009, 9:40am; Reply: 748
Is there a player profile section in the programme by any chance?? Or even a squad list on the back. Just wanted proof from the programme that I had been involved :P
Posted by: Chopper_imp, April 30, 2009, 10:55am; Reply: 749
Yes..
Posted by: Biggles999, April 30, 2009, 11:00am; Reply: 750
Yes to which one of the two chopper?
Posted by: Chopper_imp, April 30, 2009, 4:58pm; Reply: 751
hopefully both
Posted by: mike the mariner, June 1, 2009, 1:20am; Reply: 752
Well done all involved. Keep up the good work.
Print page generated: March 29, 2024, 12:48am