This thread currently has 3,182 views. Print
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
TheFryingSquad
March 25, 2023, 7:53pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Approval: -124
Gold Stars: 11
Is it time to introduce an away membership scheme so that those who follow the Town round the country get priority on tickets?  I’m not arguing against season ticket holders getting first dibs for home cup games, but it’s a kick in the gonads for the loyal away fans when they get priority on away games too.  Discuss.
Logged Offline
Private Message
It Bites
March 25, 2023, 7:59pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.44
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,162
Gold Stars: 258
Quoted from TheFryingSquad
Is it time to introduce an away membership scheme so that those who follow the Town round the country get priority on tickets?  I’m not arguing against season ticket holders getting first dibs for home cup games, but it’s a kick in the gonads for the loyal away fans when they get priority on away games too.  Discuss.

Totally agree.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 39
denni266
March 25, 2023, 8:15pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +699
Gold Stars: 132
Sounds like a better way of doing things .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 39
ska face
March 25, 2023, 8:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,549
Gold Stars: 838

Yes.

You can rack up loyalty points on the ticketing system, should be a fairly easy way of doing it.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 39
crusty ole pie
March 25, 2023, 8:25pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
Sorry i will give you one simple argument against this finance . There is no denying the fans that go all over the country giving a valuable support to the team but unfortunately the money for those tickets does not support the day to day running of our club so therefore season ticket holders who pay up front must be rewarded. An away membership ticket  for someone who purchases an away season ticket is a different matter pay for all 23 up front regardless of success
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 39
moosey_club
March 25, 2023, 8:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,199
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Sorry i will give you one simple argument against this finance . There is no denying the fans that go all over the country giving a valuable support to the team but unfortunately the money for those tickets does not support the day to day running of our club so therefore season ticket holders who pay up front must be rewarded. An away membership ticket  for someone who purchases an away season ticket is a different matter pay for all 23 up front regardless of success

Oooohhh....as much as I travel away and benefit from being an ST in getting first dibs when necessary...
I actually like that idea. I wouldn't buy an away ST personally but it could be a way to truly reward the travelling faithful

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 39
TheFryingSquad
March 25, 2023, 9:10pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Approval: -124
Gold Stars: 11
Quoted from crusty ole pie

Yes, they do pay upfront, and also benefit from a substantial discount.  However not every Town fan lives in Grimsby, I have no evidence to back this up but I’d hazard a guess that our away support is around 75% exiles.  Without exiles our away support would be the battle bus plus a few cars.  I think we all noted from the lack of atmosphere at Brighton what happens when STH get priority.  Our home support is woeful in terms of atmosphere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 39
HertsGTFC
March 25, 2023, 9:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
Worth considering, as a season ticket holder who lives 130+ miles away from BP of course I’d expect double points with every game being an away game.

Seriously though I think it’s worth considering and at the very least the club needs a bit of a review on all things ticketing.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 39
DB
March 26, 2023, 5:42am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,971
Gold Stars: 386
Somebody above mentioned that the club does not benefit financially from the sale of away tickets. Why not have an away membership club, linked to a points system at, say, £50?

For this, you get the first allocation of all away game tickets including the cup. As points mass up those at the top get in first as it stops others who join just to get cup tickets from jumping the queue. At end of the season, the club then give bonus points to , say, the top 1,000 to start the following season.

The club receives an income and regular away fans get priority tickets.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 39
The Caterham Mariner
March 26, 2023, 8:57am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +69
Gold Stars: 7

Thank you.!!

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 39
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Away membership

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.